Total online 1458
 Radio listeners 182+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
  Articles >> Interviews : DJ Fracus
Interviews
Interviews with artists, DJ's, promotors.
    DJ Fracus
Author: silver
Rate this resource!

DJ Fracus

Fracus laying down the hardcore
Q: Who are you, where you from, what do you do?
A: Im DJ Fracus (Gaz) from Telford in the UK. I am a DJ/Producer who is also studying a degree in Music Technology at University

Q: How did you choose your DJ / artist name?
A: Its not really an interesting story, its just the name I came up with years ago. I only used to use it when I played hardhouse clubs but about a year ago I started using it for everything

Q: Got into hardcore when and why?
A: Ive been into hardcore and rave music since about 1993, I was into Ratty & Tango, Seduction, Top Buzz etc and Ive just followed the sound over the years. I started DJ'ing in the bedroom when I was about 14 (thats five years ago now), its always been the most energetic and musical of all the underground styles in my opinion.

Q: How many track releases you have under your belt?
A: So far Ive put out three hardcore tracks all on our own label DFM Records, with a further two going out as the third release on the label in a few weeks time. Ive got lots more happening later this year on various other labels and of course plenty more on DFM.

Q: Tell us what you have been doing on DFM Records and future plans?
A: We're doing a lot with the label at the moment, both myself and Gavin G are writing a lot of stuff together and seperately which will all be released later this year. We are signing a few new artists too who will be writing for us over the coming months. We will be stepping up a gear with the number of releases in the autumn too.

Q: What are your future plans for hardcore for the year ahead?
A: Im just going to be making lots of new material and trying out some more groundbreaking stuff too, we want to establish a good name for the label and both myself and Gavin G would like to move further up the DJ'ing ladder. It would be nice to think we'd all be a lot better known around the world this time next year, the scene is certainly growing stronger by the day and I hope it continues. Hardcore deserves much more respect than it gets from the rest of the dance music media.

Q: What are your current involvments or projects you are working on?
A: Im working alone, with Gavin G and also doing some bits with Mimic from Hecttech. Ive got quite a few more collaborations planned too but they wont be happening until later in the year. Myself and Gavin G are doing lots of stuff for DFM and we have also remixed Force & Style's 'Field of dreams' for Raverbaby/Jellybaby. Theres plenty of stuff going on and we dont intend to slow down!

Q: What do you think the future hardcore styles will be or evolve into?
A: Im a big fan of the trance influence in hardcore as anyone whos heard me DJ will know, but I think variety is the key to a healthy scene. As long as there are lots of different people out there making lots of different styles then things will stay interesting.

Q: What's your views and thoughts on the current MP3 problem and that downloads kill hardcore?
A: Im not a big fan of internet MP3's and things to be honest, we try and get rid of any of our stuff that appears online. The sooner all these sites get shut down the better, it costs us money if people can get our products for free.

Q: Favorite record label?
A: I dont really have a favourite above all others, although its not often that I don't like an Evolution or Nu Energy release.The Raverbaby boys are doing some wicked stuff at the moment too. I used to love Basement records back in the day, thats what Oldskool was all about

Q: Favorite DJ (other than yourself)?
A: Ive always liked Hixxy, but Sharkey,Breeze & Brisk are up there too. For sheer technical skill I would have to add Robbie Long to the list.

Q: Best / favorite hardcore moment?
A: Definately the first time I heard 'Pure pleasure' dropped at Slammin' Vinyl by UFO, that was just something else. Theres so many good moments but that was just extra special, thats my favourite track that we've written and to see so many people dancing to it was awe inspiring.

Q: Worst hardcore moment?
A: Probably DJ'ing ones, maybe at Vinyl Frontier earlier this year when the monitors packed in just before my set. I had Whizzkid on the Mic as well, a set id been looking forward to ended up being a bit of a struggle to perform. Still its naive to think that things will always run smoothly all the time.

Q: What you do in your spare time?
A: I dont have much spare time! I spend time with my girlfriend and just do stuff that most people do. I also work part time in a record shop, play on a radio station and we've just started promoting our night again here in the UK. My ideal passtime would be watching stand up comedy videos, I dont think you can ever laugh too much!

Q: You have a web site?
A: http://www.djfracus.co.uk or http://www.dfmrecords.co.uk

Q:
You have a public contact email address?
A: djfracus@dfmrecords.co.uk

Q: What's your message to all the hardcore punters all over the world?
A: "Don't lose sight of what hardcore is all about, keep loving the music for all the right reasons and enjoy it. Stay hardcore!

Fracus Shouts: Spangles & DFM Crew, Kuz, Gavin G, Duncan, Erika, Rich, Forcey, Spinback, all Dimension followers, Paula & everyone involved with the hardcore scene. Also shout to all my friends and family.

Added: 2002/09/06  Hits: 3895    Votes: 4  Rating: 

It took 0.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page