Total online 1244
 Radio listeners 189+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
  Articles >> Interviews : DJ Menis
Interviews
Interviews with artists, DJ's, promotors.
    DJ Menis
Author: silver
Rate this resource!

DJ Menis

DJ Menis
Q: Who are you, where you from, what do you do?
A: Chris Watt aka Dj Menis from Perth Australia. I breathe Hardcore.

Q: How did you choose your DJ / artist name?
A: It was just a name that stuck from school.

Q: Got into hardcore when and why?
A: About 1995 I started raving and listening to the tapes that were comin outta the UK. Sets from Slipmatt and Brisk were what got me into hardcore, Brisk being responsible for pushing me towards the harder side of it all.

Q: How many track releases you have under your belt?
A: Well I have seven tracks currently signed to labels due for release in the next year or so,Ive been lucky to work with some excellent hardcore producers like Marc Smith, Devastate, Fade, Sharkey, Hixxy and Storm.

Q: What is your future plans for hardcore for the year ahead?
A: To push the more tougher side of hardcore and watch it grow.

Q: What are your current involvements or projects you are working on?
A: Currently I am working with DJ Leroy, (one of the other fireball residents) here in Perth on a few projects. Soon you will be able to hear what we are upto via the website: http://www.fireballhardcore.cjb.net

Q:
What do you think the future hardcore styles will be or evolve into?
A: I like just about all of the hardcore that is coming out at the moment, it seems we have finally moved away from those long vocal breakdowns and producers are making tougher hardcore. I think Luna-C's return to the scene was timely and that breakbeat hardcore also has its place in the future.

Q: Favorite record label?
A: There are some quality hardcore labels around today but if I had to pick one its always gotta be Blatant Beats.

Q: Favorite DJ (other than yourself)?
A: Robbie Long, this boy is a genious. When i first heard a Robbie Long set I was blown away, id never before heard anyone throw together a mix as good as brisk or scratch as good as SY.

Q: Best / favorite hardcore moment?
A: Probably playing B2B with Dj Dair at Future Dance 7. This party had a crazy line up and was even called 'the party of the year' by a few ravers on ush.net. Just being next to some of those names was pretty dope.

Q: Worst hardcore moment?
A: Probably seing the departure of certain hardcore producers and the lack of releases coming out of the hardcore scene. I think we are past this now are hardcore will continue to grow again.

Q: What you do in your spare time?
A: I like a mean game of lawn bowles on the weekends and also a spot of gardening.

Q: You have a web site?
A:I said it before and ill say it again.... http://www.fireballhardcore.cjb.net/ coming very soon.

Q: You have a public contact email address?
A: dj_menis2000@yahoo.com.au

Q: What's your message to all the hardcore punters all over the world?
A: Go hard, be heard, dance till shit starts breaking and support your scene.

Added: 2002/12/23  Hits: 5044    Votes: 3  Rating: 

It took 0.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page