Total online 1507
 Radio listeners 188+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
  Articles >> Interviews : Sunrize
Interviews
Interviews with artists, DJ's, promotors.
    Sunrize
Author: silver
Rate this resource!
Sunrize
Q: So Sunrize, for everyone out there, who are you and what do you do?

A: Hey hey, my name is Barrett. I DJ & produce hardcore. I also work in a record store.

Q: How did you get involved with the hardcore scene?

A: Good wording... involved. Well, I've been listening to hardcore for ages, but I wouldn't say I got involved until I started buying the records around 99 and almost at the same time started writing hardcore.

Q: Where did you come up with the name Sunrize?

A: The whole sunrise idea came from a writing by a sufi poet, jalaluudin rumi. i guess i picked spelling it with a Z thinking less chance of someone with the same exact name.

Q: You’ve been pretty quiet for a while after a series of killer releases, what has been going on?

A: Quiet maybe, but busy yes! I started school in Boston last August for Audio Engineering and it had become quite demanding. Unfortunately this left me with little free time to focus on my own work. However I'm taking a semester off to get back to producing some more stuff so be on the lookout.

Q: What kind of impact has going to a formal music production school had on what you do?

A: First and foremost I've just gained a better insight. Most of the stuff I've taken from the school involves more traditional analog recording of say, rock bands. Although I did learn a great deal on digital audio, and just being surrounded by audio everyday gets you more involved and wanting to constantly learn more. Digital audio is something that you can never learn in say 2 years of schooling and live in a cave and keep up. It requires constant studying/upgrading and school has made me more aware of that.

Q: Any new projects or releases on the way?

A: I'm glad you asked! Production wise I am working on tons of new stuff from uplifting vocal stuff to freeform. I am also very happy to announce that I am mixing the next "This Is Noize" album (volume 2), due for North American release on Nov. 15th out on Majestic Records. This will be in stores everywhere! (Best Buy, Virgin, etc) With the TREMENDOUS help of Sage from Phusion Records, we have put together quite a winning track selection of nearly all new and currently unreleased tunes from some of hardcore's household name's as well as some new faces.

Q: Where do you see the scene going as a whole?

A: well, the UK scene seems to be going strong at the moment. the united states is too, only its only happening in certain areas. it would be great if every major city had a hardcore following like that of say san francisco, toronto, upstate ny, etc.. But i think as more people are finally pushing the new/upfront sound more people will start diggin' it. there are so many good tracks coming out now by so many different artists/labels, very exciting times!

Q: When you’re not working in the studio or working on school, what do you find yourself getting up to?

A: If i'm not doin that I'm probably either spending time with my girl or at the bar with my friends shooting darts!

Q: Is there anywhere we can check out the latest in what you’re doing?

A: Don't really have anything posted anywhere yet. I have plans to relaunch sunrizesound.com which has been down for years now, but once i get it back up it will have all current projects/releases and audio.

Q: What has been your most memorable moment in hardcore so far?

A: Certainly the Pitched Up Tour of Summer 2003! What a month...

Q: The worst?

A: Dunno, nothing I can think of really.

Q: Thank you so much for taking time out to talk with us, any parting shots?

A: Sure, how about a shot of beam and jaeger?
Added: 2004/09/07  Hits: 4784    Votes: 2  Rating: 

It took 0.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page