Radio listeners 154+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Djs that should have mixed on Bonkers albums

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
rafferty Who do you wish had mixed on a Bonkers album but never was given the opportunity.

Really when you think about it, there were a lot of very talented dj/producers that would have done really well on there back in the day.

Seduction
Slipmatt
Stompy
Vinylgroover
Squad-e
Joey Riot
Druid
Fracus & Darwin
Al Storm

Are some that I think would have smashed it had they been given the opportunity when the series was around.
Sulphurik Yes those producers would have been good shouts for doing a mix. If there was to be another album in the series, Al Storm, Fracus & Darwin would be producers who would be contenders to be involved in it.
rafferty Yeah definitely Fracus & Darwin.
I'd add (Rob IYF) with Al Storm on the other disc.

Maybe Technikore on the 3rd disc too if there was a new album for today.
warped_candykid Vinyltrixta
Jimmy J
Vinylgroover
Paul Elstak
Technikore
Darwin (2000s era before the F&D "sound")
DJ Impact
S3RL

Smoogie DJ Brisk (all eras)
Paul Elstak (90s eras)
Slipmatt (all eras)
The drunken scotsman I guess the majority of the dj?s listed there did have their own compilations they featured on regularly anyway. For instance, Seduction was always on the Hardcore Nation series, Joey Riot was on a couple of Hardcore Heaven albums, Squad E on Hardcore Til I Die etc

Theres more of an argument for some of the more old school DJs when Bonkers was the main show in town, but around the time I really got into hardcore there were numerous series out there.
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
I guess the majority of the dj?s listed there did have their own compilations they featured on regularly anyway. For instance, Seduction was always on the Hardcore Nation series, Joey Riot was on a couple of Hardcore Heaven albums, Squad E on Hardcore Til I Die etc

Theres more of an argument for some of the more old school DJs when Bonkers was the main show in town, but around the time I really got into hardcore there were numerous series out there.

True! There were the Hardcore Heaven Albums that always varied the artists, Absolute Hardcore, Off Yer Nut, United Dance, Essential Happy Hardcore, loads and loads more to go around all of the DJs. Bonkers seemed to last the longest but it certainly wasn't the best...

EDIT:: And Get Smashed which I think Slipmatt mixed...
warped_candykid I'm gonna be the one to stir the pot:

Anabolic Frolic

DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I'm gonna be the one to stir the pot:

Anabolic Frolic

But some will say he spearheaded the candy raver movement in north america. Shame on him!

...and Paulina Taylor!
Mickey Init Seduction
Vinylgroover
Slipmatt

#simples

S.Hy Seduction Vs Slipmatt
Fury Vs Helix
DNA Vs Demo
Vinyltrixta Vs Lipmaster Mark
pepperpot123 Would have love to see:

Jakazid
Shimamura
DJ Deluxe
Rikki Arkitech
A.B & Cyrax
Jimmy J & Cru-L-T
Eryk Orpheus

Would have loved to have seen a TNC guy mix a CD (Robbie Long, Stormtrooper, Orbit-1, D-Lyte, AMS)
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by S.Hy:
Seduction Vs Slipmatt
Fury Vs Helix
DNA Vs Demo

You must like your DJ vs DJ mixes The DNA vs Demo could have been interesting in 1997/1998.

Lipmaster Mark, never heard of him
Sulphurik And talking about the legend

Sc@r get yaselves all over the Bonkers Beats radio! lots of residencies and guests and also a weekly show. sooooo good
Dy5oN Jakazid
DJ Cotts
S.Hy
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:
Originally posted by S.Hy:
Seduction Vs Slipmatt
Fury Vs Helix
DNA Vs Demo

You must like your DJ vs DJ mixes The DNA vs Demo could have been interesting in 1997/1998.

Lipmaster Mark, never heard of him

Not particularly, it's just a way of getting more people on the album. Lipmaster Mark is the DJ for The Ratpack.
Sulphurik Do you think there are any Scooter songs that could have featured on Bonkers 1 or 2? Would be tracks from And the beat goes on and Our Happy Hardcore albums.

One track that could have worked on Bonkers 2 Sharkey's mix is Raving in Mexico.
Sulphurik Been listening to Cosmos (from And the beat goes on album), that was a great track. This track at 170 bpm might sound good

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page