Radio listeners 176+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 happy sub genres

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
jihiggs im just curious as to what people think of other styles such as trancore, gabber, and the other happy hardcore like styles. personaly i think a lot of trancore is sick as hell, but gabber sucks ass.

you show me... eternity
silver Gabba has been around longer than TranceCore so it depends on the person really. I remember back in 94-95 when things where really starting to speed up and gabba came out, everything split from Europe and UK, Europe is where the gabba came from and happy hardcore from the UK.

Basically techno has split into so many sub genres it's not funny.
DJ e-Klyps This is a strange one, coz i actually like the older gabba, the nu skool gabba (as its being called) i dont really rate that much. This is a shame coz its the direction scott brown seems to be taking. Trancecore is wicked but occasionally it gets to silly to bear. Basically as long as its hard ill dance to it.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
silver There are too many names for the stuff Scott Brown releases I have heard it called Trancecore, Free form and now Nu skool gabba.

The slower gabba released them days I have heard called Dutch Gabba.

I think people should reffer to a DJ or an artist when describing a music style rather than wack a genre on it that not everyone understand's :)
oldskool Gabber is Awesome and so is Trancecore. But distinguishing between various genres is getting pretty difficult as a lot of the Happy Hardcore styles borrow elements from Bouncy Techno, Gabber/core, Trancecore and "Freeform" and Nowadays, the distinctions are getting blurred even more with the New Styles coming out....So, In the end it comes down to Personal tastes. Even "freeform" has elements of Drum N Bass /Jungle and the Old Skool Hardcore sounds.

I Can Never Face Another Day.....Yeah....If there ain't no raver's groove to let me play...."
silver I still like oldskool myself but most people think old skool is 1996, I think oldskool is 1993-1995, much like the newsckool that is coming out now.
DJ Tempest trancecore/freeform is alright, if its done correctly, imo...and gabber...makes me wanna run around screaming GABBER GABBER GABBER!!!!!!!! ;)

"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
-Steven Wright

ladd this is related to the topic of subgenres. . . what's everyone's opinion on the effect that happy trancecore will have on hhc as a whole? the latest "happy 2b hardcore" cd (which seems to represent a lot of the popular hhc being played at raves in the usa) was DEFINITELY influenced by trancecore. it also seems to be having a pretty big effect on the hhc being spun in az, probably becuz trance is much more mainstream and has a wider audience in az than hhc does.

calm water run deep,
turbulent waters run deeper.
Rotis Just look at Bonkers..

Hardcore will never die!
IAmSanchio would scott brown - elysium be classed as trancecore coz if it is I like it but i cant say ive heard that much trancecore or maybe im not smart enuf to hear. Any other examples would be welcomed

Jason Waz Here But Now hes Gone hes Left This Post 2 carry On!
Soren I would say that about half of Scott Browns stuff, including Elysium is Trancecore ^_^ In fact several of his songs are remade trance tracks .

silver Are you kidding, half of scott's brown stuff is gabba :)
Rotis Yeah! He's a gabba-freak..

Hardcore will never die!

It took 0.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page