Total online 1374
 Radio listeners 178+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Why does everyone bitch about hardcore covers?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Excessive In recent posts alot of people have been slagging off the likes of Breeze and Styles for releasing commercial versions of Hardcore tunes. Over the last few months I have noticed that a large amount of 'new' hardcore tunes are versions of trance and hardhouse tunes that have been out for ages and not one person has brought this up. for example: 'All of my life' 'the day will come' 'come into my dream' believe it or not but 'you're my angel' plus many more. Why do most of you bitch when hardcore tunes are 'ripped off' but say nothing when hardcore artisits 'rip off' other styles.

*awaits backlash*

One by one the penquins slowly steal my sanity...........
Underloop My usual reply to most topics slagging off trance artists for ripping offf!!! Pot, kettle, black etc

psssst, edit monster may eat up your post.... don't post names of originals on this forum

Matthew aka DJ Underloop
SEEKY Cause when the pop trance artist's do covers they wreck the ****ing tune! (i.e Shooting Star, Heart of Gold, Pretty Green Eyes and Discoland to name a few)

Es , SPEED , TRIPS AND BLOW HERE WE ****ING GO!
Chris B I really do think it would shock a lot of people how much hardcore takes from trance not that it's necessarily a bad thing. I say let people sample and remix what they like and if you dont like it dont listen to it.

Venga la familia makineros
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by DJSEEKY:
Cause when the pop trance artist's do covers they wreck the ****ing tune! (i.e Shooting Star, Heart of Gold, Pretty Green Eyes and Discoland to name a few)

And so it begins........

Different tastes, different styles etc etc.

Anyone who sees things without 'hardcore blinkers' on will realise that it's a two way thing. It's a part of life so just accept it.

-----------------------------

All you spammers posting crap in a hurry, hold on to your keyboards - here comes Dave Murray!!
Excessive
quote:
Cause when the pop trance artist's do covers they wreck the ****ing tune! (i.e Shooting Star, Heart of Gold, Pretty Green Eyes and Discoland to name a few)

In all fairness I think that alot of Hardcore releases of Trance Tunes wreck the original.

One by one the penquins slowly steal my sanity...........
tunnelrush
quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
I really do think it would shock a lot of people how much hardcore takes from trance not that it's necessarily a bad thing. I say let people sample and remix what they like and if you dont like it dont listen to it.

Thats sounds about right. Nice one;)

<>If the bass is too loud, you are too weak<>
pacman
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:

And so it begins........

Different tastes, different styles etc etc.

Anyone who sees things without 'hardcore blinkers' on will realise that it's a two way thing. It's a part of life so just accept it.

All you spammers posting crap in a hurry, hold on to your keyboards - here comes Dave Murray!!

hahaha 'hardcore blinkers' i like that!

Thats your opinion though, you are not the voice of reason :)

"Love is the answer - but while you're waiting for the answer sex raises some pretty good questions."
silver Nothing - people just don't have the facts.

1. The original artists get money for the cover version release.
2. The original artists are credited in the credits as the song writer.
3. If the original artist did not want the cover version to be made they can not allow cover versions to be made. In short the original artists agreed to have cover versions made.
4. More money for the original artist is good - More hardcore.
5. By the time the cover version is out the track is normally 4-5 years old, they are not destroying new hardcore songs.

Before you reply "You're shining" is not a cover it's the original artists.

Originally posted by Excessive:
quote:

In all fairness I think that alot of Hardcore releases of Trance Tunes wreck the original.

This man talks sense! There are also a lot more hardcore covers of trance tunes, too many of them being really badly produced and just generally crap, you can tell that about 10 minutes thought went into it, whereas the trance remixes of hardcore are actually very well produced/engineered etc.

~~ DJ Serotonin live every Saturday from 1pm on http://www.hardcoreregime.co.uk/ ~~
SEEKY
quote:
Originally posted by 5-hydroxytryptamine:
you can tell that about 10 minutes thought went into it

What Hardcore tunes are you listening to that last 10mins long!

Chris B He means it took ten minutes to think up the whole idea of how to make the song not that the song lasts 10 mins.

Dave Murray
quote:
Originally posted by 5-hydroxytryptamine:
quote:
Originally posted by Excessive:
quote:

This man talks sense! There are also a lot more hardcore covers of trance tunes, too many of them being really badly produced and just generally crap, you can tell that about 10 minutes thought went into it, whereas the trance remixes of hardcore are actually very well produced/engineered etc.

Yep yep yep i agree with this 125%

Chris B Think it's becos we like both trance and hardcore for what they are and aren't trying to make it a stupid competition about what's better all the time. Hardcore = unbelievably good at it's best extremely shit at it's worst same with trance. I just like what i like in many genres of music.

It took 1.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page