Radio listeners 164+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 white label

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Midway_raver hi i was just wonderin if by white label it is exactly what is sez just a vinyl with no writin on it or anything..and if so i have thse 2 tunes which i need identifyin i no they in the rong forum..teh 1st one is on teh vinyl which has a sort of spiral pattern etched onto it and has a smaple which sez sumfin like "bass drum sector" or sumfin..tehn teh second is a tuen which has teh sample "feeling the adrenaline rush" if ne1 can help me out either tellin me what a white label is or identyfiyin the tunes me wud b most gr8ful

Ant B
milo white labels, from my understanding, are pre-releases of tunes, unsigned tunes, or bootlegs.

"It's all good..."
DJ Mouse i seen the same question pop up somewhere on this site,but a white label is a pre release to test the sales of the track,so they know how many proper copies to press

DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
Midway_raver ok ne idea how u can tell if u have a white label mate?

Ant B
milo i believe it quite literally has just a white label, nothing fancy, no label and n e printing is very limited.

"It's all good..."
Midway_raver cheers:) now i just need some track id's and away i can troddle to see if they are rare or not:o) The rareness doesnt partriculary bothe rme ill still play them as they r class tunes but im jst curious now:)

Ant B
silver white labels are generally for testing the market, you can't press a record and expect it just to sell magically, it costs money to print labels and covers and pay for the design etc... so you make a while label judge how well it sells and then release the full version if it goes well.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
virus if you wanna ID your white label, look at the record code thats etched into the vinyl near the label..

Matty K
quote:
Originally posted by Midway_raver:

ok ne idea how u can tell if u have a white label mate?

Yeah, if you got a record with a white label stuck to the centre, not a white one with a swirly pattern or a white tartan one, just a plain white label; then you have a "white label" record. Simple. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

Sometimes they say "dj promo" on it or "pre-release" - or "test press".

Ant B

The Rhythm Station will always be my home
Midway_raver ok etched into the label is *-j-t-s- :)

Ant B
Lixx That's all? JTS is the pressing plant that IMO is now aligned with. I'm sure there should be more than that. Look on both sides especially close to the label. Wave it around so the light hits it in different places to see it easier.
-Lixx

silver Remember JTS are not the bad guys they have pressed alot of vinyl...

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Lixx Hey I didn't say anything like that. And plus the more bootlegs IMO makes the better for me. I got no beef with JTS.
-Lixx

virus jts has been around for a LONG time.. i have original '94 records with the j-t-s incription

Midway_raver on the flip it has engraved very very smally "bout 2 - b" engraved...well now i no what im lookin 4 ill keep my eyes peeled in future i neva new there was so much stuff u had to no when u wer becomin a dj lol:P

Ant B

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page