Radio listeners 186+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 New Track!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
aiden Hey all,

I finally got up the nerve to let people start hearing my stuff, so here it is my first semi-pro happycore production. It's called "Look to the Future", very late '99 Evolution style new skool. 182 bpm and real deep (not responsible for blown systems =)

It's not bad for being churned out of Reason (exclusively! I'm a student - no money for synths yet =) but I don't think it's too bad.

Check it out at http://mp3.com/rezolution/ and tell me what you think. The more good criticism I get the better the next track will be.

Thanks mates,

[a.m.]

--
Aiden Michael
Rezolution
http://mp3.com/rezolution/
silver Sounds good for a first track. Keep them coming :)
Soren Hi, cool track. I have a question for ya though. Can reason sequence external sources? Ive heard good stuff about reason, but that one thing is a little unclear to me ^_^ Thanks

Rotis Well the sequencer in Reason isn't that good... I prefer using Logic, Cubase and so on instead... but all the stuff in Reason rox. They've simulated it sooo good. But I think it's kinda hard to make trax ONLY in reason. I'm just using the Analog Synths and all that stuff... Ownage.

And yes I think you can use external sources. There's a great midi-interface (as a device.. above the mixer you know) so yes. But I'm not 100% sure...

Hardcore will never die!

Edited by - Rotis on 07 Apr 2001 16:46:49
Soren Thanks a lot for the info Rotis!!! I just found out that one of my friends is going to buy Reason, so I guess ill actually get a chance to try it before I decide to buy it ^_^

aiden As far as I know, Reason is unable to record midi data for any device other than its internal devices. However, this isn't really a problem, because Reason lends itself to be slaved to a bunch of really good sequencing programs. But the slaving is -audio- not MIDI, so you have to compose/record/edit Reason devices in reason, and then route the synced audio output to something like Digital Performer (what I use) or Cubase or Logic or anything with ReWire support. Then you can use that app to add digital audio (vocals or samples) and external midi device information. For instance, in Mojo, a really progressive trance track I just cut, I rewired all the reason comp into DP, added a few hardware synths and effects from the rack, and then used plug-in and hardware processing (delay, reverb, etc.) for output instead of the semi-cheesy built in ReasonVerb. :D

Hope this helps. Also, thanks everyone for listening to my track. It really flew up MP3.com's Happycore charts (#11 yesterday) but it seems to be on its way back down. Oh well =) Go listen to it again so we can get Cynic Project's improperly named Speed Garage track off the happycore charts (it currently holds #1 slot and it's not even hardcore! Grrrr!! The world is full of injustice. :)

[a.m.]

--
Aiden Michael
Rezolution
http://mp3.com/rezolution/

It took 0.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page