Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Y are most HHC dj's guy's????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ-SK8 Ever notice how the majority of Happy hardcore dj's are men not women, But it's a genra of music that seems to atract female fans.... oh wait i think i just ansured my own question, but i'd still like to know what you guy's think of this question.

pot smoker
DJ Mouse it's not just hardcore,whatever music it is the vast majority of dj's are male.
i dunno why either

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse - "Winning a war doesn't determine who's right.... winning determines who's left"
Brian K because we all know most women would rather be dj hoes =P
as well as some men =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."
dj beans my partner in crime dj weiners is a girl.....

weiners and beans mix masters!

Weiners and Beans Mix Masters
Miss E I am a chick from Sydney Australia , and i am just starting out as a happy hard dj , there is a great lack of girl happy hard dj's out here (only one popular happy hardcore dj in sydney) , i dunno if its cos they feel intimidated but i love it to much to be intimidated by the out way of men :)

Oli G Yeah... most djs are male.. for some reason i dont know
and for another reason.. why is it hardhouse that females take the forefront?
lashes, pinup, savage, auburn etc... strange :)

"I AMMM THE CREAAAAATOOOOOR"
\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
Skeenip
quote:
Originally posted by Miss E:
I am a chick from Sydney Australia , and i am just starting out as a happy hard dj , there is a great lack of girl happy hard dj's out here (only one popular happy hardcore dj in sydney) , i dunno if its cos they feel intimidated but i love it to much to be intimidated by the out way of men :)

Yay you go Miss E. You're right right now there's about 2 women djing in our scene (bexta, whenever she doesn't cancel and QT). I await to see your name on a flyer.

"Death to all boy bands...."
DJ-SK8 well if i find i girl hhc dj in t-dot then she can defanitly come and spin at my party(s) that i'm planning to throw in the summer.

My god how long have those mice been living your back fat?!?!?!
ket I reckon it's just because guys like showing off more :P
ket Miss E is that your DJ moniker?
and keep spreading the love :)
Annex i'd say a direct correlation with computer techy types, and dj's, and for whatever reason the vast majority of the internet and computer techy population seems to me to be male
(as i'm sure most females have experianced about a billion a/s/l comments per minute on irc, hehe)

boys are more easily amused by switches and dials and blinking lights and things ;)

Potatoe
Miss E Dj SK-8 give me a few months and i'll send you a demo tape :)
then if u like it i'll fly over to play , always wanted to go raving in canada :)

dj beans
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-SK8:
well if i find i girl hhc dj in t-dot then she can defanitly come and spin at my party(s) that i'm planning to throw in the summer.

djs weiners and beans - from the t-dot

Weiners and Beans Mix Masters
DJ-SK8 Well i hope you know that i am planning to throw a free whare hous party in the summer, witch meens i'm getting all the dj's for free to, so are you sure that you wanna fly all that way just so you can't get paid???

DJ-SK8 Just movin this thred back to the top =D

Annex new theory on this just occured to me...

maybe.. it's cause deep down inside... despite popular beleifs... it's really the guys that are suckers for the cheese ;)

(yes i'm male, but damnit c'mon, some of the lyrics are just like SO good, just fill ya up with a great sense of happiness :) heh anyhoo)

Potatoe
Lixx Of course I like the cheesy stuff, but this question isn't necessarily about the music that's being played. The question is why don't the chicks want to spin as much as guys do? I'm guessing it's merely just cause guys usually like playing with electronic gizmos, but then why's that?
-Lixx

Jaide I spin HHC and i'm a girl..it's fun for me...though i do have to say i have some issue's standing still while spinning :)
Lixx I'm always hopping up and down to the beats when I spin. It helps to beatmatch and it's like the only exercise I get :)
-Lixx

Oli G Heh... i cant resist a jig when mixing
its usualy ... mix... bounce... shit forgot to cue up the next one
panic while beat mixing while droppin it in
.. bounce.. repeat

"I AMMM THE CREAAAAATOOOOOR"
\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
kayleigh hey!! tell me to shut up if you think im wrong but i think its the fact that girls usually dont got the guts to do boy stuff like dat cos they got there girlie names to live up,i know that girls luv guy djs and it really gets em goin wen you see a guy up there ,im not bein sexist coz alot of girls r tryin it now and if i had the chance id giv it a go (id cock it up like but wat the hell)wat im tryin to say is if a girl is a dj shes more of "one of da boyz"then on a boyz arm!!!]

xxkayleighxx wannabe hhc singer

"god made coke,yeah he made pepsi,wen he made me he made me sexy" xxkayleighxx
Annex LOL! much applause... best quote ever :)

"god made coke,yeah he made pepsi,wen he made me he made me sexy" xxkayleighxx

Potatoe
CheshireLove lol its really weird! i have spun once and when i got up there the girls were bitches and the guys were like wow. but i played a good set that night cause the girls stayed and dance. it was my first time spinning in front of people. OMG it was soo exciting!

Underloop Ok, heres a new theory......when u start off DJing, u have to play the really early warm up sets....well correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the girls I know are still doing their hair and make up at this sort of time (no matter what time they start tarting themselves up lol), so how are they gonna get into the scene if they can't build up a solid foundation (theres a pun in there somewhere ) from which to boost their careers.

Matthew
--------------------------
"Its a Hardcore hit. This is the **** that kicks" - MC Storm

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page