Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 an mp3 issue,legalities

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ Mouse 2 things i'd like to clear up.
first of all,if i rip a tune to mp3 format as long as i don't send it out on a p2p program it's legal,right??
second, i'm thinking of doing a mix and the first track i use is an mp3,i have the tune on record but the record's all scratched up so if i was to download it from somewhere and this copy isn't scratched,is this actually legal/acceptable to do?

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
silver First: Depends on the terms and conditions of the record track, what country/state you live in. Generally it is excepted otherwise what the hell are tapes, mini discs and hardware MP3 players for?

Second: The copy you download would be a unlicenced version even if it's the exact same track, meaning you are downloading something you are not licenced to own even if it is the same track you did not record it yourself, so you don't actually own it.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
DJ Mouse cheers for that,just didn't know exactly what was legal and what wasn't

"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse
strychnine so ... basically what ur saying is that it would be best to rip the track as soon as i get the record (while it's still good) or else i'll be forced to act illegally to get a digital copy when it's all scratched and stuff later and i can't find the record anywhere else?

DJ Mouse
Elysium There's an additional twist to the case too =)
MP3's doesn't have UNIQUE identifiers, so they can't be traced backwards. So if you download the file (cause your own record is scratched), then it's only illegal when you're downloading it. When it's finished (assuming RIAA didn't trace you) it's a perfectly legal MP3 =)
DJSuperb Its like with the CDs (music and software) you own - you are legally allowed to own a back up copy. Obviously ur not allowed to "share" this copy tho!

12" of Love
Midway_raver well surely it is liek "roms" if u own teh cart /cd / dvd woteva u r allowed to have a "rom" of this game otherwise u have 2 delete it in 24 hours. Surely if u own teh vinyl and paid ur money 2 teh licensy for teh original u are entitled to own a "back up" mp3 of it and use it in a mix coz u have purchased the vinyl....Well thats what wud b common sense anyway.

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting
silver That delete it in 24 hours thing is just crap, it's not legal.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.
Brian K and like people really delete them after 24 hrs anyway =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."
DJ Mouse lol i never do, i got roms on my hard drive at home that are over a year old let alone 24 hours.

and have you noticed they all say "delete from your hard drive after 24 hours", just put them on cd (floppy if they fit coz a lot of them do)

DJ Mouse
Midway_raver Thats what it says on most download sites........Well i got roms and i dont think teh games companies give a shit about a game from about 1995.....

i think you should be able 2 legally download mp3's of deleted tracks aswell persoanlly.

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

It took 0.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page