Total online 2376
 Radio listeners 157+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 was 'Nessaja' by Scooter an original track?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
ultraskool Following on from the recent posts about Scooter., I always wondered if "Nessaja" is an original Scooter track> if not who was the original artist(s)>? and what is it with that Kangaroo, (in one of their other tracks the MC says:

SKip around like a Kangaroo... LOL
whispering
Anderjuk2002 The original song was called "Nessaja" as well. it was originaly recorded by a German artist called "Peter Maffay" in 1983. The whole thing is in german though but its obviously the same song. don't know if the lyrics are the same or not. Here's the link for more info

http://www.whosampled.com/sample/view/23202/Scooter-Nessaja_Peter%20Maffay-Nessaja/
Anderjuk2002 Beat me to it Whispering :)
ultraskool thanks guys, You guys are so knowledgeable about HHC.
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by ultraskool:
and what is it with that Kangaroo, (in one of their other tracks the MC says:

SKip around like a Kangaroo... LOL

As far as the lyrics go, they often deliberately make lyrics that don't make much sense. Sometimes its an inside joke or something. E.g. for "Respect the man in the ice cream van":

quote:
- Your texts often some hard to understand...
H.P.: Yes, for example "Respect To The Man in The Icecream Van". Most people think "what's the madness?". But behind this text The KLF are hidden - for me it's the biggest Techno project of all time, who organised many actions. Once they drove before Christmas in the Icecream van in London and distributed free beer to homeless, as a PR gag. Therefore, I said: "Respect". It is a coded slack message to KLF.
Hard2Get
quote:
thanks guys, You guys are so knowledgeable about HHC.

Lol neither are Hardcore though :P I had never heard the original but it's quite obviously a rip. And that's not to mention the part that also rips of a Push tune. 2 rips in one song!
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

Lol neither are Hardcore though :P I had never heard the original but it's quite obviously a rip. And that's not to mention the part that also rips of a Push tune. 2 rips in one song!

It is Happy Hardcore. I have it in various compilations, and the tune is pretty much like any other HHC track from the era. Though it has many remixes, so it depends what version you're listening.
Anderjuk2002 Now that you mention it actually. Is anything by Scooter original? certainly doesnt look like it! Every song i can think of was sampled from something else!
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
quote:

It is Happy Hardcore. I have it in various compilations, and the tune is pretty much like any other HHC track from the era. Though it has many remixes, so it depends what version you're listening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9odvl3tfEU

The original is what i know (in case that link dosn't work in your country).
Simon I think about 60% of all Scooter tracks are in someway related to the KLF.
Samination whisper... that's euro trance or what's it's called -.-

that's like calling j'adore hardcore or one (always hardcore) for Hardcore!
whispering
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
whisper... that's euro trance or what's it's called -.-

Checked and i only have the tune on Hardcore compilations :p Might be a remix or speeded up, donno. But it sounds like any other HHC tune.
Samination
quote:
quote:

Checked and i only have the tune on Hardcore compilations :p Might be a remix or speeded up, donno. But it sounds like any other HHC tune.

well it can mix with hardcore track speeded up
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:

If it sounds like Hardcore it's because it (the version you have) is haha :P The original is Hard Trance, pop style, very blatantly so. Nothing at all like Hardcore.
Dante
You decide
Hard2Get Already linked to it :P
Dante lol paying attention
Lilley Eurotrance definitely, but if that shitheap counts as hard trance I feel betrayed by hard trance.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
Eurotrance definitely, but if that shitheap counts as hard trance I feel betrayed by hard trance.

It counts as pop music that is in the style of Hard Trance.
Warnman
quote:
quote:

I know that Scooter's "Weekend" is a rip of "Push - Strange World", but what's the original track being used in this one?
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:
quote:

I know that Scooter's "Weekend" is a rip of "Push - Strange World", but what's the original track being used in this one?

I meant the one that you mean, for some reason at some point i listened to Weekend by mistake and that's what i was referring to.
DJIntensity Breeze remixing it sounded like a hardcore version.
versia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGsPgjVFv2o

Scooter probs got it from Once Again
DJIntensity That MC guy is boring.
Sulphurik My gabber is my best friend, my mate.

In Rave We Trust Scooter Forever album version is good.

+ When I'm Raving.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGsPgjVFv2o

Scooter probs got it from Once Again

Considering Scooter has been active since the late 1980 (and in a similar genre to begin with), I think the knew who the original was.
ViolonC The Scooter discography page in the German wikipedia actually references a lot of tracks that have been sampled or adapted from for the majority of Scooter singles. Worth a look.
The drunken scotsman Does anyone make ?original? tracks in any genre these days? Seems like every single tune released, be that in hardcore, chart music etc, is a ripoff of an old tune.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Does anyone make ?original? tracks in any genre these days? Seems like every single tune released, be that in hardcore, chart music etc, is a ripoff of an old tune.

Hardcore always seems to have rip offs. For a while everything seemed to be by DJ Hixxy as well...
Sulphurik Is My Gabber an original track or does it contain parts from another track eg. the main riff?

For Wall Of China (See the light) which uses the vocals from Paradise - See the light, in the song credits it has Darren Mew as one of the writers. Did he co-write the vocals for See the light?

https://www.discogs.com/Scooter-Scooter-Forever/release/10780842
Smoogie Weekend was another of their rip offs:

Earth and Fire where a Dutch group but similar to the music from the UK of the same time

DJIntensity Hardcore wannabes is what Scooter are.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
Hardcore wannabes is what Scooter are.

Successful is what they are. Can you really say that whatever genre they have dabble in, that they haven't gotten more sccessful than the others?
DJIntensity
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
Hardcore wannabes is what Scooter are.

Successful is what they are. Can you really say that whatever genre they have dabble in, that they haven't gotten more sccessful than the others?

Some of their tunes do stand out though.
ViolonC Scooter managed to have at least(!) one Single in the German one TOP100 charts 24 years in a row. There is no other act that comes even close to that!

Since Rick Jordan left they changed their songwriting and production style drastically. On the Albums they always had original tunes, mostly the trance tunes non of you even know ( :P ) but with the newer albums there is more original content on there. In my exes that didn't make the music better though.

And btw Weekend also uses a riff from this track. ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha3j8crRE2A&t=3m20s
DJIntensity Scooter does a bit of gabber it?s on the Body Combat playlists one which I quite enjoy.
DabeeDj Well, it's kinda necro post, but I guess some of you will be surprised:
Nessaja - Once Again, happy hardcore track released 7 years before Scooter:)

https://youtu.be/fH3tdG07VMo
LeVzi Scooter are what they are, and it works. I don't mind them.

Their early stuff was decent, and Endless Summer is amazing. That is my all time fave track, the piano riff in that is perfect.

And any group that has semi naked women dancing around to hardcore, is a win win in my opinion.

Sulphurik Yeah it works for Scooter. I do like a good number of their tracks, yeah their early stuff was decent and tracks from around the same time as Nessaja. Friends is one of my fav Scooter tracks, first track heard from them.

I want you to stream! This is pretty good.

Dem Retak You'd be surprised how many people loved Scooter. I used to be able to blast their tracks through the PA of the biggest pub/venue in my city. The owner, my boss and the senior bartender were all super into it. Sometimes it would still play even after opening the doors for customers and they wouldn't give a f*ck for like 30 minutes, even though it wouldn't be the music they usually play. I remember a group of younger customers cheering as the Scooter played. While I can't say i'm a fan of Scooter, I am happy for them being who they are and reaching mainstream. It definitely helps a lot bridging the cap between mainstream and true UK Hardcore. I was blasting all kinds of UK hardcore while cleaning the bar(while the venue was closed) and none of them minded at all. Let me remind you, in my country UK hardcore is unheard of. Scooter for older folks and hardstyle for younger folks is pretty much the closest thing to hardcore here.
Samination Did someone say... mainstream?

LeVzi
quote:
Did someone say... mainstream?

lmfao oh my god ! lol Well everyone gotta start somewhere I guess.

And they have the ability to show they are hardcore when they want to

Elys1um
quote:
Originally posted by Dem Retak:
I was blasting all kinds of UK hardcore while cleaning the bar(while the venue was closed) and none of them minded at all. Let me remind you, in my country UK hardcore is unheard of. Scooter for older folks and hardstyle for younger folks is pretty much the closest thing to hardcore here.

Is Hardstyle very popular in Estonia? I know people from Finland travel to Hardstyle festivals/events there, some times for Trance line ups as well

It took 2.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page