Radio listeners 172+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 What does VIP Mix mean?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
cruelcore1 Is it something like special edition of a track or remix by a more popular artist? What are VIP Mixes?
The drunken scotsman Sure it's something along the lines of 'variance in production' could be wrong tho. I know VIP mixes are done by the person(s) who made the original mix
latininxtc Pretty much a track that is slightly tweaked compared to the original by the producer. Usually it's a small difference such as al storm's surrender, but it can be a drastic change such as Darren styles like a bitch. In the case of gammers re-sauce, I hardly notice the difference except the VIP mix has a cleaner crisper sound.
v-act It stands for Variety In Production, a VIP version is like it's remixed, but by the original producer.
Thumpa it stands for very important person you ****ing morons
v-act
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
it stands for very important person you ****ing morons

Nu-uh!
SpiritWolf Taken from urban dictionary:

VIP:

1) Very Important Person.

2) Variation In Production.

Used in electronic music (such as drum and bass or breakbeat) when a producer remixes their own track. A VIP uses major elements of the original version but differentiates the track as a whole.
1) I'm going to be in the VIP area.

2) "Red Mist VIP" by Danny Byrd is sick! It's perhaps even better than the original.
Samination if it's a re-mix, I presume that track is suffixed by a remix. I presume VIP mix is "Hi, i got a track you all know here, but I update it alittle, just for you"

or as in Thumpa's case, Very Important Person(s) ;)
Thumpa Back in the vinyl days, a VIP mix was an edit or a a remix with a different hook, usually just for the producer and a few select DJs to play, hence a VIP mix.

Now it means any old shit.
Archefluxx Danny Byrds VIP's are incredible. Red Mist should have been on 12" from the start, but rightly the VIP went on :D

I think he did a Shockout VIp as well didn't he? That was awesome. No one do a VIP like Danny Byrd do.

Variance in Production is probably the more relevant definition, giving that we know that VIP's sound different to the originals, but are still released to everyone. Re-Sauce was out to everyone, DB's were out to everyone. Whoever can't see that is a ****ing moron. ;D

Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
it stands for very important person you ****ing morons

Yeah i had just assumed that it was an alternative mix made exclusively for the DJ in question (hence, as you say, being a VIP mix). Would like to know where the other definitions came from.
Smoogie Voluntary, Independent and Private?
cruelcore1 Thanks, guys =)
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Pretty much a track that is slightly tweaked compared to the original by the producer. Usually it's a small difference such as al storm's surrender, but it can be a drastic change such as Darren styles like a bitch. In the case of gammers re-sauce, I hardly notice the difference except the VIP mix has a cleaner crisper sound.

Actually reminds me of marc smith - gravity (gammeravity mix) when you mention that, i can't tell the difference at all between the original and the gammeravity mix, maybe apart from the beat?
kotu
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Sure it's something along the lines of 'variance in production' could be wrong tho. I know VIP mixes are done by the person(s) who made the original mix

nice one scott it means very important person thanks for trying
SephiHakubi Off the top of my head, I'm not sure of the acronym but I imagine it's close to "Variance in Production". I imagine these editions are used while performing live to add exclusive flavor to their sets. For example, if you're a fan of mine, you may have heard my tracks plenty of times; however, fans may want more out of me than what they've already heard, so I stack my set with VIPs and unreleased IDs to provide a new and exclusive experience to my fans.

Sometimes VIPs get released and sometimes they don't. I'd love a copy of Paul van Dyk's VIP of "Aerys" by Heatbeat.

It took 0.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page