Radio listeners 190+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Featured Poll
 Hardcore CD singles, good idea?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
silver CDJ's are becoming more popular for DJing, would you buy your hardcore on CD singles if available?
Underloop I put down "I only buy vinyl" because that is my preferred medium for mixing with, although if a track is not available on vinyl I would pick up the CD (same with promos) and I have a few unmixed hardcore CDs at home.

Also, if I wasn't into DJing, I would buy the CDs rather than the vinyl.... infact I record most of my records onto my PC so that I can listen to them while I'm working without having to get up every 6minutes to change the record lol

Matthew aka DJ Underloop
--------------------------
"Turn that shit up!!!!!"
whispering I voted the "for sure" or something like that.
I'll give an example, I listen mainly hardcore but i also listen some trance.
This month i bought 4 hardcore (12") singles and 15 Trance (CD) singles, even though i listen more often hardcore... why? coz i hate 12" singles, they are for dj's, but what about the rest of us? Well at least theres many cd compilations, its better then nothing...

DJ Saiyan i say maybe.

it just makes piracy that much easier.

cds are far easier to rip to a computer and distribute online than vinyl.

but.

if a single were released say....a month or so before the vinyl is set to come out, (and at a far cheaper price than the vinyl), that could be a good thing.
Oli G cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_
Brian K what are you trying to say oli? =P

if i had a cddj i'd be all for them, but at the current state in time i'll stick with the vinyl =P

"we'll delete the weak"
toxic I put "for sure".

Even though I don't DJ, i still get the singles

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!
DJ Mouse nah i'd still buy vinyl. the reason being because its not exactly rocket science ripping a record to cdr,play the cd's out and don't touch the vinyl,give it a few years and they'll be worth a fair bit.

but in saying that,i think there is a market for it coz not everyone has a record deck

--------------------------------------------------
"I had 2 half-brothers and they both died, so Mummy took the chainsaw off me"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk
djDMS I voted 'Maybe'.

Hardcore CD singles are a good idea - especially as a way of increasing sales.
There are far too many people out there who don't have access to a turntable or just don't buy vinyl.

Personally I still buy vinyl wherever possible but i'm not anti-CD - a lot of my favourite non-Hardcore tunes were bought on CD.

Soap on a rope....and I don't do coke
K-Hole damn it oli, u made the page massive, i voted for sure!!

Penalties against possession of a drug should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself.

Simon
quote:
Originally posted by Oli G:
cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles cd singles

My CURRENT thoughts exactly .

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

You Turn & Face The Strange..............You Turn & Face Yourself!!!
CDJay I buy ( and own ) pretty much every HH CD single ever.

None of my m8s buy vinyl, and I force most of them to buy every new CD released

So... yea, CD singles all the way, heh.

CDJay

"Are Eph You?"
codde I think is good ideea!!

Dj Tamsy CD singles is a great idea. Im a student and cant afford a descent set of deck but i do own a PC with a CD mixing program (PCDJ).
I also think it would get more people into the hardcore scene if the singles were on CD.

DJ_Cosmic i only sed maybe because i learnt on |CDs but now like vinyl more

Cosmic-To Be The Best
fazza i put mabye. i just love my record collection! i much prefer buying vinyl. dont know how to use a cdj anyway so there would be no point!

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?"
Kyle_Buffrey I have noticed that in all genres of underground dance music , many of it's listeners tend to be bedroom djs, probably because they want to participate on a higher than spectator level in the scene that they love. That's why Vinyl sells, If you think about it, bedroom djing is a bit like when a teenage rock music fan learns to play the guitar. Whereas as R'n'B and pop is full of armchair fans (literally) who just watch music channels all day. They buy CD's because they like things simple. As for cd DJing.... Vinyl is still my preference.

But the bonkers cd albums sell well ,even to those who aren't quite as interested in the genre, as we all are on this site, so hardcore cd singles might have a chance in the music industry, but not for djing.

strychnine I put "for sure". I've gone into my reasons before so I won't bore you all with them again.

Midway_raver cd singles wud be cool cos alot of people buy cd decks before they buy vinyl decks so it'd give them something to use, also with cd becoming ever more popular labels shud be catering for people who use cd mixers, n tbh it is such a small scene ( in terms of pop etc ) that surely neway to allow people to get in2 the scene shud b welcomed

You will not laugh, You will not cry, You will learn by the numbers!
kibble why by anthing buy vinyl

jjules I listen to hardcore (Bonkers) cd's all the time...mixing with them ain't so hot as they are already mixed---no matter, my point is hardcore on CD singles is a great idea!

Hardcore.Will.Never.Die!
ravinlil cd singles are a good idea it would introduce more poeple to hardcore and make it more high profile but i like everything the way it is now, its more underground at the moment and thats the way i want it to stay so you dont get those poppy people tryin the style it just wouldnt work. as for cd singles from a Dj'in position Id rather listen to sum1 spinnin vynal theres no difference in quality (well maby sometimes) but i feel its what it all started with so lets carry on theres no point in changin sumthing thats already perfect!

hardcore can be the route to evil, if spun incorrectly!

It took 1.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page