Radio listeners 157+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Starstruck passed away

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
latininxtc According to a facebook post by Auscore, James Hooper, more commonly known as Starstruck and owner of the Australia With Force label, has passed away. No details are known at this time.
silver Yeah I just saw it, he was a mega poster on this site, really sad news. I wonder what the situation was, I didn't think he was sick or anything.

Really young... RIP :(
Archefluxx Oh my god, this is so sad. James and I used to chat on MSN quite frequently. This has come as a real surprise. I wish his family and friends all the best.
_Jay_

Absolutely savage news. I was chatting to him on facebook barely ten days ago.

An extremely nice bloke with nothing but good intentions and positive vibes. Very, very sad.

DJ_FunDaBounce What sad news.

I met James online 10 years ago. I think he was only 13 at the time. We shared so much stuff even if not in person.

I'm in no position to state officially what happened, but I do know this from the long chats we used to have and from him in trusting this information with me. He suffered from severe depression and an attention deficit disorder for which he was prescribed amphetamines. He got addicted to them to the point where he was diagnosed a form of skizophrenia due to his abuse of them. He told me he had tried to overdose on them on purpose the last time we chatted. He also developed an alcohol issue a few years back which he still had no control of.

I must admit I wish I could've done more in helping him out with his emotional issues. Having some myself I could relate, at least partially, and believe it's why he shared stuff like that with me.

Had my hopes up on him recovering. He was so young and intelligent that I believed he would pull through.

What a terrible loss.
Samination holy crap. I hope whatever it was that it was swift. :s
CDJay Really sad news; Chwhynny spoke to him a lot over the past year or so, and whilst his situation seemed problematic it's still a shock.

He did a lot to champion new talent, and put Oz hardcore genuinely back on the map.

The AWF back cat is, I believe, still available to download. Celebrate the good, lament the bad.

CDJay
Smoogie Sad to hear that, he was on here quite a bit in the past.

RIP, Starstruck
DJ_FunDaBounce Hey guys. This appears to be the official statement from his family.

I know I personally suggested it may have been a drug related issue. I'll simply state that that aspect was clearly stated by James in our conversations as something that was affecting him. I do not wish to gossip about it anymore than I may have so I'll just leave it at that.

RIP, James.

"Good morning family and friends of James Hooper, my mother Majella Hooper and I.

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a few things with you all in regards to my brothers passing last Saturday.

Firstly, my brother's passing was not suicide nor self harm. It was an unfortunate, tragic accident in which he aspirated following alcohol consumption. All these rumours that have been going around about my brother have been highly offensive to both my mother and I. If you are one of these people, please refrain from doing so and respect my family's privacy.
I will not be answering any further questions about my brothers passing as I do not believe it is necessary or appropriate.

Secondly, in relation to my brothers funeral. I really appreciate people wanting to come to support my mother and I as we really love, appreciate and are humbled by everyone's messages of love and support.

However, I must draw the line. Anyone who has the right intentions of supporting my mother and i is welcome to enquire about his funeral details.

However, if your intention is to be a sticky beak and to attend only so you can gossip then please refrain from attending as it is highly offensive inappropriate behavior. I don't want that kind of rubbish on the day which is about James and his beautiful life.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone but i felt it was appropriate to express.

Yours faithfully

Stuart Hooper"
jordesuvi Aw man, used to love his music. I spoke with the guy briefly over Facebook once years ago and he was incredibly nice.

Sending my wishes to his family.
silver I hadn't talked to James in about a year but when he was starting his label we did talk now and then about the label business and how things work. I don't think people were / are gossiping, the lack of information had people talking and asking questions.... people came to their own (incorrect) conclusions, James knew many people and I think people were concerned and wanted to find out what happened to their friend.
DjZelous Every time this happens it really hurts this small scene, First the late great Nu Foundation, Now this :(
martinj1985 Really sad news! my condolences to all his family

01.Lumin8 & Starstruck Feat. S3RL - Take My Heart
02.Lumin8 - Rivers Flow In You
03.Starstuck & Lumin8 Feat. Zuraya Hamilton - Neverending Story
04.Lumin8 - Here With Me (2008)
05.Lumin8 - Tetris
06.Starstuck & Lumin8 Feat. Himbo - Like A Start
07.Cheever - The Defintion
08.Starstuck Feat. Gemma Macleod - Summer Of Love
09.Orbit 1 Feat. MC Enemy - Don't Stop
10.Jerv - And Prey
11.Influx Feat. Kimberley Bowden - Broken Pieces
12.DJ Blazer Feat. Starstruck - I Am A Raver
13.Starstuck Feat. Gemma - Summer Rain
14.Inverse & Orbit 1 - Lethal Industry
15.Starstuck - Cry
16.Starstuck & Lumin8 Feat. JessKah - Fantasy Land
17.S3Rl - Zorba's Dance (Family Guy)
18.Starstuck Feat. S3RL - Loving U
19.Starstuck - By The Power Of Ra
20.Zero-2 & Starstruck - Met U On The Dancefloor
Sulphurik Very sorry to hear about Starstruck. Listening to your mix Martin J; sounds good - most of these track I haven't heard.
martinj1985 thanks mate!
SerenadeUK Great guy and a great talent. RIP
Craigavon raver Sad news especially at such a young age, obviously heard some of his tunes and his labels tunes, and think actually friends with him on facebook as well, and a fellow member, RIP
DJIntensity Sorry to hear the sad news condolences to his family RIP.

DJ-Intensity
whittle1 Top top bloke - RIP mate.
scottyd2k9 Sad news, sorry to hear
DJIntensity Australia With Force.
Remane @latininxtc, I'm still trying to come to terms with this but unfortunately Sam Auscore has also passed away, just recently.

Both Starstruck and Auscore were both very talented for their age. It's hard coming to terms with the loss of yet another one of our own here in Australia.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by Remane:
...Sam Auscore has also passed away, just recently.

That's very sad to hear.

I remember James (Starstruck) stating some stuff about Sam's use of drugs. Was this related?
Icewind Very sad news to hear another life lost in the hardcore scene. Very tragic. All the best to his family and friends.
nantk r.i.p auscore :(

It took 1.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page