Radio listeners 182+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Heaven 3 Discussion

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
arpz While we're all Sharkey'd up, let's not forget that there have been two other major releases this month. Who's got this one? What are you saying? What are the stand out tracks?

For me it's an absolute result to get the F&D remix of 'Let Me In' at last

Other than that, I'm just going through them at the moment so couldn't say more just yet but hoping to get a mix up with all of these, Sharkey & Al Storms new one plus CLSM/Poisecore that I haven't used yet so if you're on the fence maybe I'll per(dis)suade you

trippnface fracus & darwin disc has alot of quality tracks !! most of my favorites being from them. definitely keeping it solid with their style. share this love, let me in, look in your eyes, donovans theme. really solid tracks that make me dance hard on the floor ;) dy5on, flakee, daze tracks are really good. "fiyah" is alright, kind of weird. i woulda picked "unomas" :P.

there are those 1 or 2 off tracks that seriously mess with my vibes as far as a mix being a journey I get sucked into, it sucks to be getting lost then come crashing into a track that doesnt really belong in a hardcore mix (imo), but I understand using all elements of the scene... but since disc 2 is almost entirely that kind of stuff anyway, might as well just make the first mix actually 100% vocal hardcore :p. (and i obviously dont expect every track to be seriously vocal, nothing wrong with the entity and darwin track. its good, euphoric hardcore.) It would be nice to listen a mix and not worry about when that track or tracks i really dislike is going to play lol. and not like a mix from years back and it was just a hardcore track im not too keen on, but a track this is really not even the slightest bit hardcore. it belongs on a different mix ( imo).

for me the series is definitely better as a compilation than a mix, which sucks, i reallllly enjoy a solid hardcore mix, but it IS a good compilation. which brings me to the Technikore mix. definitely the most dissapointing track selection for a mix i have ever heard from technikore. could have told me MOB picked the tracks, honestly. do they get to pick, or are they told what to play? it seems like disc 2 consistently features the style of hardcore i dislike, regardless of who is mixing.

i havent even listened to the mixes themselves but judged the tracks individually, but theres no way technikore mix even holds interest for me as a mix, no matter how good the mixing is. which makes me super sad. technikore is easily one of my highest rated dj's for superb mixes, as far as tracklist goes. It feels like technikore expressed near zero things that make technikore, technikore. a bit in shock. the only stand out track for me on disc 2 is " losing myself" and i know damn well MOB had nothing to do with . pure technikore. clouds above and galaxia are alright... def not his top ( imo) . most of disc 2 is really cringe for me.

Al storm projections of a fractured mind though - * pure boner alert*
djDMS Still need to buy all 3 and heard very little in the way of clips to hurry me up.

My order of preference (or likelihood of buying) is probably the opposite of most peoples

Al
HH3
Sharkey

Will get them all eventually, showcase mixes welcome...

trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Still need to buy all 3 and heard very little in the way of clips to hurry me up.

My order of preference (or likelihood of buying) is probably the opposite of most peoples

Al
HH3
Sharkey

Will get them all eventually, showcase mixes welcome...

that was my list :P
warped_candykid I wish they would include samples instead of having to hunt down soundcoud clips, with some tracks not even available to hear.

I pre-ordered it, so just waiting.
CDJay Podcast next week, clips too. It's a kerayzee order of operation but we had prioritise getting the albums done over promo. This is the antithesis of modern UK Hardcore which typically involves talking a lot and doing little.

CDJay
Vladel Technikore?s own tracks are disappointing, I don?t know what has happened to him.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Technikore?s own tracks are disappointing, I don?t know what has happened to him.

i feel seriously insulted. he would never degrade trance fans by putting some of this garbage in a Technikal mix. Why are hardcore fans their shitting grounds?

Ok what? technikal is now garbage hardstyle. nevermind lol.
skarr I still can't get over how bad the artwork is, I mean it's just really REALLY amature, it's a LITTLE BIT better than the diversions tragedy but I mean just bloody look at it, how could you even call yourself a serious outfit when your putting out cds with artwork that looks like some lunatic has done a one day photoshop course.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
I still can't get over how bad the artwork is, I mean it's just really REALLY amature, it's a LITTLE BIT better than the diversions tragedy but I mean just bloody look at it, how could you even call yourself a serious outfit when your putting out cds with artwork that looks like some lunatic has done a one day photoshop course.

that's been the hardcore heaven logo well before HU was involved lol.

and projections of a fractured mind art is dope. you are so whiny dude
lainnix Tough crowd.

Honestly I was very disappointed with HH1 overall but loved the first disc of HH2. It surprised me that Scott Brown's mix on that one was so boring. Sounds like HH3 is going to be a mixed bag too... will give it a proper listen soon.
warped_candykid
quote:
I still can't get over how bad the artwork is, I mean it's just really REALLY amature, it's a LITTLE BIT better than the diversions tragedy but I mean just bloody look at it, how could you even call yourself a serious outfit when your putting out cds with artwork that looks like some lunatic has done a one day photoshop course.

I like it, but blue is also my fav color, so.
warped_candykid Still waiting on that Happy Hardcore Underground 2 though.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by lainnix:
Tough crowd.

Honestly I was very disappointed with HH1 overall but loved the first disc of HH2. It surprised me that Scott Brown's mix on that one was so boring. Sounds like HH3 is going to be a mixed bag too... will give it a proper listen soon.

if you liked f & d mix off HH2, you should def like their mix off this one.

disc 2 is cursed. I don't think anybody can ever save it. please keep al storm away @ CDJay :p
Dy5oN Personally I think Technikore's disc is far superior to Scott Brown's HH2 and MOB's HH1 discs. sure, there's a couple of duds (the artists are the usual suspects) on there but I certainly wasn't disappointed by any means.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Dy5oN:
Personally I think Technikore's disc is far superior to Scott Brown's HH2 and MOB's HH1 discs. sure, there's a couple of duds (the artists are the usual suspects) on there but I certainly wasn't disappointed by any means.

I admit i have very high standards for technikore, but this just feels downright lazy.

off HH1 , " to the flame" and " change" blow anything he even put on HH3 away. I even feel like the remixes from those that should be strong are weak. i notice a few of the elements i dislike are scattered pretty liberaly throughout a good amount of tracks ( i ****ing HATE that new sub par hardstyle sound god damn). If storm didnt put out something 100& epic, id think i was crazy. but no, this is just a pretty weak representation i think..

and no offense to macks wolf and jakka b , but stuff like " islands in the sky" has no place in a hardcore mix. if smoogie gets shit for posting house music. there is no flipping way tracks like that are ok in the hardcore scene. outrageous hypocrisy.

* woops . that track is off disc 1. add " tell em" " holdin on" " nobodoy can stop me" " praise you" . Man. I seriously would have left the room if that was a rave.
Vladel How good is Dougal - senses?
trippnface
quote:
How good is Dougal - senses?

better than I thought at first listen, but i just cant shake that newish commerical feel, even on the tracks that are hardcore ish. its a good track though. it is in my top 5 off that disc, but that honestly not saying much. though with so many off tracks sometimes it sours my vibe and i disregard other tracks :p. i hope dougal keeps it up, havent heard anything for awhile. (except for that track he is working on with vibes, HOT DAMN baby jesus)
Samination most tracks just went past me to be honest. Nothing really catching like on HHv2
dj switchback I haven't had time to check out CD2, but the Fracus and Darwin mix is indeed very pleasing. Stand out tracks include...

Fracus & Darwin - Share This Love
Darwin & Bundy - Better Place
Skinny & Darwin - Control It
Flakee & DBL - Let Me Cry For You
Entity & Darwin - True Emotion
Fracus & Darwin - The Look In Your Eyes.
Stormtrooper - Fiyah.
trippnface seriously though. if anybody can ever find a mix from technikore in the history of his hardcore career with a tracklist as bad as this one i will give you a cookie.
warped_candykid So I've been listening to HH Vol. 2 that just came in over the weekend....

Maybe I've been out of the loop for too long, but where's the mixing? Where's the transitions and DJ tricks? Both the F&D and Scott Brown mixes sound like the Clubland Hardcore Xtreme mixing style, i,e, very short to no transitions. I remember back in the day, we hated that, and now it seems to be "the way". Are tracks just not long enough to warrant transitions? Or does the new crowd not care about that?
Vladel Ok i've gone through the tracks now and it's not great. Dougal has the best track on the album by a mile followed by Craig Daze - Sunshine. There is precious great little stuff on this one especially compared with the last two and i really hoped i would love this lot but Fracus & Darwin haven't really stretched their legs on this one and given us any bangers. Their tracks seem more formulaic than usual which brings us to Technikore.

God how awful has he become? He's in a wierd middle ground between the old and loved style and the new modern marmite sound but not in a good way. It's not chocolate spread or marmite, it's something in the middle that doesn't taste nice at all, just like cucmber sandwiches with cheap relish and no meat. That's it, a cheap Vegan sandwich that no one wants to buy but the alternative is pickle and marmalade (I.e MOB).

How about for number 4 we have some Chicken teriyaki or Classic steak and cheese?
arpz Posted my mix featuring a fair few tracks, check the mix forum if you care :)
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
So I've been listening to HH Vol. 2 that just came in over the weekend....

Maybe I've been out of the loop for too long, but where's the mixing? Where's the transitions and DJ tricks? Both the F&D and Scott Brown mixes sound like the Clubland Hardcore Xtreme mixing style, i,e, very short to no transitions. I remember back in the day, we hated that, and now it seems to be "the way". Are tracks just not long enough to warrant transitions? Or does the new crowd not care about that?

Now that we get the full length tracks with the mixes, i think the mixing should be way more prevalent for sure. No reason to not mix until the very end of track if we are recieving full tracks with
warped_candykid Ok I just listened to the Technikore mix. I was pleasantly surprised by his mix. It's different, and that's a good thing. It was energetic, bouncy, and sing-a-long friendly...so I was quickly taken back to the 2005-2008 phase. I hope to see more of this :) I will say though, there was a huuuuuuge lack of mixing/DJ talent...but as far as the tracks go, they were fine.
Elipton
quote:

This must be a sarcastic post surely. The artwork is well produced and at a professional level.

I dont know what accreditation you have to start making Photoshop remarks, but I can safely say they're ********.

Hardcore Underground, as far as Ive seen, has always worked with capable artworkers.
Vladel Seriously, who cares about artwork? Put out a white background with black lettering for all I care, as long as the music is good.
Vladel https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=89608

I'm no arpz (he's very good) but i used a couple of the latest in that mix.
arpz
quote:
https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=89608

I'm no arpz (he's very good) but i used a couple of the latest in that mix.

Oh you! :)

Will make sure to check this out, off to ravers reunited for nye and it's a bit of a drive so will get it on in the car

warped_candykid Any update on when the physical copies will be sent out?
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Ok I just listened to the Technikore mix. I was pleasantly surprised by his mix. It's different, and that's a good thing. It was energetic, bouncy, and sing-a-long friendly...so I was quickly taken back to the 2005-2008 phase. I hope to see more of this :) I will say though, there was a huuuuuuge lack of mixing/DJ talent...but as far as the tracks go, they were fine.

Interesting.

What are your top 3 tracks?

Technikore mix only has about 3 tracks i like.

Nervous, losing myself, galaxia

most of everything else i feel like is far more reminecent of a modern hixxy or dougal set, even stonebank or MOB set. completely missing technikore vibes for me
CDJay In case it wasn't flagrantly obvious, and why, manufacture was halted and the Ganar track removed from CD1. Production resumes tomorrow, and digital packages will be amended.

Fml.

CDJay
PecheyTheLizard
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
In case it wasn't flagrantly obvious, and why, manufacture was halted and the Ganar track removed from CD1. Production resumes tomorrow, and digital packages will be amended.

Fml.

CDJay

Man, Ganar sure can be a pain In the butt sometimes haha
CDJay He nearly killed me. Literally picked the worst possible moment.

I don't hate him, he was fed bad information and is in a bad place. Not the sure that's an excuse for inflicting harm on others, particularly those who tried to help.

Still, here we are.

CDJay
Captain Triceps What didn't help with that were the clueless arselickers and Michael-Jackson-eating-popcorn gif posting dickheads.
Samination Does that mean that we who have already d/l the zip with Ganar's track can be considered lucky? :P

Ganar has made good tracks (One Another is one of them imo), but he's also the biggest copy cat around. I think he's worse that Stylus and Audiojunkee (who basicly where Styles & Breeze copy cats).

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
What didn't help with that were the clueless arselickers and Michael-Jackson-eating-popcorn gif posting dickheads.

Latininxtc? :P
danielseven
quote:
He nearly killed me. Literally picked the worst possible moment.

I don't hate him, he was fed bad information and is in a bad place. Not the sure that's an excuse for inflicting harm on others, particularly those who tried to help.

Still, here we are.

CDJay

Reason why you should consider making contracts from now on (in case you don't). To avoid situations like these.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Does that mean that we who have already d/l the zip with Ganar's track can be considered lucky? :P

Ganar has made good tracks (One Another is one of them imo), but he's also the biggest copy cat around. I think he's worse that Stylus and Audiojunkee (who basicly where Styles & Breeze copy cats).

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
What didn't help with that were the clueless arselickers and Michael-Jackson-eating-popcorn gif posting dickheads.

Latininxtc? :P

Too bad it's weak as hell
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by danielseven:
quote:

Still, here we are.

CDJay

Reason why you should consider making contracts from now on (in case you don't). To avoid situations like these.

We did, and hilariously breached it by accounting before the stated statement minimum. No good deed, etc.

CDJay
danielseven
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by danielseven:
quote:

Still, here we are.

CDJay

We did, and hilariously breached it by accounting before the stated statement minimum. No good deed, etc.

CDJay

You should have also stated that, once the legal part signed the contract, he couldn't take his track back. Once the legal part signed the contract, that was final. Isn't just a matter of accounting, but of protecting yourselves from setbacks like these.

Just my 2 cents.
djDMS He's an absolute whopper.

Just my 2 cents.
djDMS Finally got round to buying the album
CDJay Heroics!

Enjoy

Statement regarding the delay(s) and our future direction in the coming days.

CDJay
Craigavon raver Haven't got round to listening to it yet, i'll wait till i get the cds
Elipton Yeah dealing with his like is a bit like playing hot potato, I imagine.

That said, I've pulled tracks before. I've never breached contract though. A properly written contract wouldn't have seen a track pulled from an already released album. I really do wonder how HU manages so many things that previously seemed unfathomable.
djDMS Despite that arsehole *with help* trying to spoil everything (deliberately or not), it hasn't ruined it for me.

Although I did delete the track in question immediately. Don't care if it's amazing!
whittle1
quote:
Heroics!

Enjoy

Statement regarding the delay(s) and our future direction in the coming days.

CDJay

Are the physical units ready to ship now? Been holding off on buying my copy until conformation on this. Cheers.
CDJay Arriving today (!)

CDJay
CDJay It really does look very pretty, tbf. Definitely best color scheme yet and the text print seems sharper.

Shipping now!

CDJay
lainnix Only a few tracks into the first mix, but yikes... I thought F&D knew how to master their stuff. This is ear-piercingly loud and high-pitched. Did someone else master these? HH2 sounded much cleaner.

https://i.imgur.com/MOK5Vhc.png

Look at this spectral of the first track's WAV file. With headphones it literally hurts to listen to.
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by lainnix:
Only a few tracks into the first mix, but yikes... I thought F&D knew how to master their stuff. This is ear-piercingly loud and high-pitched. Did someone else master these? HH2 sounded much cleaner.

https://i.imgur.com/MOK5Vhc.png

Look at this spectral of the first track's WAV file. With headphones it literally hurts to listen to.

I like a lot of HU material, but my experience is that they master their stuff in typical loudness war fashion.
Sulphurik Weaver - Nebulon, really liking the sound of this! hadn't heard before now.

It took 3.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page