Radio listeners 178+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 What was the best Hardcore Label?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DjZelous For me, I'd Say 2003+ Raver Baby, Next Generation/Blatant Beats and TNC

Whats the best for you??
Vladel Hardcore underground
The drunken scotsman Always loved Quosh records as the tunes were excellent and got their releases out much quicker than most other labels. Worthy mention also to Scott browns evolution records, which has stood the test of time and was always pretty decent with the release schedule.

Samination When it comes to amount of tracks I liked, I would say Next Gen/Blatant and Evolution Records
Guest i don't pay attention to labels, i download, normalize and remove meta tags
fakka13k Go Mental Gold
trippnface next gen/ blatant beats

not gunna say hardcore underground cuz they are STILL the Hardcore label. God forbid the day we have to say HU "was" the best :(
Mickey Init The World of Obsession
Smoogie Rotterdam 29-97
DjZelous
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
i don't pay attention to labels, i download, normalize and remove meta tags

You've always got somthin to say dont ya Mr.Guest
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
i don't pay attention to labels, i download, normalize and remove meta tags

You've always got somthin to say dont ya Mr.Guest

most shops don't list the label, unless you go into the details page, then most people don't they just add to basket and be done with it
Si Thompson Evolution Records.

End of thread....
warped_candykid Essential Platinum
Triquatra Tough one

Hectic Records and it's sublabels.

Or maybe I could be cheaky and say Stage One, and it's sublabels ;)
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Tough one

Who actually owned hectic records? was just actually listening to happy hardcore classics 44 hectic records tribute the other day and got me thinking who actually run the label? I know various producers released under it like sy, unknown, ramos, supreme, sunset regime, ufo, stompy e.t.c but who actually run it
Thumpa 90s - Impact / Evolution

2000s - Evolution / Next Gen
latininxtc Next Gen/Blatant Beats and Hardcore Underground. For me, they're the only ones who have been consistently good throughout their existence.
9oh9 I'd say Evolution hands down; consistently high quality releases over a long period of time. As others have said, Next Gen/BB make a very worthy second place for similar reasons.

Quosh were OK but released some absolute shockers over the years; I did like that they appeared to be one of the only major labels pushing some new talent in the mid-00s.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by 9oh9:
I'd say Evolution hands down; consistently high quality releases over a long period of time. As others have said, Next Gen/BB make a very worthy second place for similar reasons.

Quosh were OK but released some absolute shockers over the years; I did like that they appeared to be one of the only major labels pushing some new talent in the mid-00s.

I thought 99% of Quosh was just Sy & Unknown? :P
But yea, the digital releases did have a lot of up and coming people like Joey Riot & Kurt foremostly
9oh9
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
I'd say Evolution hands down; consistently high quality releases over a long period of time. As others have said, Next Gen/BB make a very worthy second place for similar reasons.

I thought 99% of Quosh was just Sy & Unknown? :P
But yea, the digital releases did have a lot of up and coming people like Joey Riot & Kurt foremostly

Haha yeah I don't disagree, the vast majority of releases were down to them; however around '04-'05 they did seem to have a run of releases from up and comers as well; at least compared with Evolution (basically just Scott Brown) and Next Gen in the same time period (which has generally been Ham/Brisk/whoever the current engineer working with Brisk is).

Not saying they were amazing or anything, just that pushing new talent hasn't been something the hardcore scene has been good at historically
The drunken scotsman
quote:

Id have to disagree on the consistency of Evolution. I first started listening to hardcore around the time of bonkers 9 (2002) and Scott Brown made his best tunes around that time imo. He did have a massive slump around 05/06 if I remember correctly and his tunes were nowhere near his standard... He eventually stopped producing altogether. Its only been in the last 4 years or so that he?s got back in the studio and producing some great tracks again.
9oh9
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:

Id have to disagree on the consistency of Evolution. I first started listening to hardcore around the time of bonkers 9 (2002) and Scott Brown made his best tunes around that time imo. He did have a massive slump around 05/06 if I remember correctly and his tunes were nowhere near his standard... He eventually stopped producing altogether. Its only been in the last 4 years or so that he?s got back in the studio and producing some great tracks again.

Agreed that the bonkers 9-11 era was his best, but I wouldn't say the 05-06 releases were bad either; tbh I started to go off the way hardcore was progressing in around 2007 and stopped paying as close attention to releases after that. I think Next Gen/BB wrapped up at around the same time Scott stopped for a bit (around 2010/11)?
DJ A.K. I'd say evolution or Kniteforce, both awesome from the very start and still knocking out bangers, god bless Scott B and Chris H
DJIntensity Infinity Recordings, Masterwax Records and finally Executive Records.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
Infinity Recordings, Masterwax Records and finally Executive Records.

Areth thou a Silver wench? :P
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Infinity Recordings, Masterwax Records and finally Executive Records.

Areth thou a Silver wench? :P

I was lucky enough to have some of the Masterwax collection silvers label rocks.
Diskard They don't make them like they used to..

Quosh
Next Gen
Blatant Beats
Evolution
Raverbaby

The ones at the forefront now cannot match the likes of the classic labels.
rafferty Depends what era. Now I really like
Hardcore Underground
Go Hard Digital
We Are One Digital
Justice Hardcore
Evolution
Lethal Theory
Klubbed up
Sc@r wheres the Thin N Crispy fans at?

now that was a label and a half!
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Sc@r:
wheres the Thin N Crispy fans at?

It sure was Kay thanks to Stormtrooper.
Sc@r
quote:
quote:

def Stormtrooper and Robbie Long. what legends!

so exciting Stormtrooper is writing uk hardcore again
DJIntensity
quote:
quote:
quote:

def Stormtrooper and Robbie Long. what legends!

so exciting Stormtrooper is writing uk hardcore again

Fab news you?re other label Raw Elements deserves a mention too.

tenfold234 Definetly TNC was up there with my fav labels. Especially the earlier more rougher big kick drum lead stuff that Devastate had a hand in. Other than those:

KFA (still a top one)
NG/BB
EVO
Quosh
Bedlam
Pitched Up
Camel
Bonkerz
Nu Energy
Kaotik
Raw Elements
Elation
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Tough one

Hectic was definately one of my favourites when i last thought about favourites years ago! I would have to rethink it now though, but that's not to say that Hectic wouldn't still be one of them.

It took 2.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page