Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 DJ Impact

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJIntensity What ever happened to him did he stop producing i loved his tunes from Executive to Masterwax and other various labels.
SparkzMusic Yes he did stop producing. He did a last goodbye mix around 2005 (although my timings might be off and it could have been more around 2010).

I wont put impacts historic timeline, but from what I remember, he ended up disliking the way core way going and instead went to work for Sony.

Weather true or not, that's what he told me when we used to chat a fair bit back in the day.
trippnface I seen Impact come out of retirement in like 2012 to to spin a set in LA. I cried tears of joy.

The Impact & Resist mix off hardcore tunez is so epic.

shoutout to Silver too, his mix is sweet as well.
SparkzMusic That was likely a 1 off. Still good though.

<---- last ever remix impact and resist did together
DJIntensity His collaborations with Resist were epic one tune what stands out with him is on the Crush On Hardcore CD is Retro Revival I am also lucky to have his tunes from Silvers label Masterwax Shine On Me and Breathe Again.
silver He stopped producing after some shit went down with Orbit1 at the time, not sure if it was related but it happened about the same time. He moved to LA and works a 9-5. Still a good friend on facebook and I know he checks this site now and then :)
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
He stopped producing after some shit went down with Orbit1 at the time, not sure if it was related but it happened about the same time. He moved to LA and works a 9-5. Still a good friend on facebook and I know he checks this site now and then :)

stormtrooper also lives in LA I heard. Pretty shitty hardcore legends live right there, and are never even interested in headlining anything. Best we get now is Gammer coming through and dropping some kayzo.
DJIntensity I remember very well he did song with Orbit1 back in 2008 on the Warped Science label didn?t know some shit went down with Sam.
HARRIBO favourite tunes by impact:

prefer the breeze and styles remix of someday though
DJIntensity Impact EP on the Return Of The Clans label which released back in 2008 had three bangers on

On My Own
Beautiful
Love For The Music.
Si Thompson This is my favourite of Impact's productions. I have recently got this dub plate off Vibes.

Si Thompson **Double Post**
DJIntensity Some of his work on FBI Records back in the day the Weaver & Antix Remix of Worlds Apart finally Dancing With An Angel.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
He stopped producing after some shit went down with Orbit1 at the time, not sure if it was related but it happened about the same time. He moved to LA and works a 9-5. Still a good friend on facebook and I know he checks this site now and then :)

stormtrooper also lives in LA I heard. Pretty shitty hardcore legends live right there, and are never even interested in headlining anything. Best we get now is Gammer coming through and dropping some kayzo.

Stormtrooper used to make some great tunes back in the day!
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:

Stormtrooper used to make some great tunes back in the day!

He sure did Thin N Crispy that Electrified tune on the Bonkers 17 CD.

Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:

TnC had some blinders back in the day. Real Hardcore as well with hard kicks and none of that DJ Hixxy popshite

DJIntensity
quote:
quote:

TnC had some blinders back in the day. Real Hardcore as well with hard kicks and none of that DJ Hixxy popshite

Yep I?ll second that TnC were epic and still is to this day stuff that Hixxy, Styles and Breeze popshoite it comes no where near Stormtrooper and the crew.

Smoogie
quote:

Yep I?ll second that TnC were epic and still is to this day stuff that Hixxy, Styles and Breeze popshoite it comes no where near Stormtrooper and the crew.

Bouncy Freeform was some of the best stuff coming out in the early mid 2000s. Sharkey's mixes on Bonkers always was full of it
DJIntensity
quote:
quote:

Bouncy Freeform was some of the best stuff coming out in the early mid 2000s. Sharkey's mixes on Bonkers always was full of it

One tune comes to mind it released produced by DJ Livewire Like The World released on Infinity Recordings in 2001.

Samination that's not bouncy, nor freeform.

http://samination.se/mix/10/Mix10-AEuphoricBeginning
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
that's not bouncy, nor freeform.

True it?s not but still amazing Marc Smith Encounters that?s proper freeform at it?s best.

Mad Max
quote:
quote:

True it?s not but still amazing Marc Smith Encounters that?s proper freeform at it?s best.

If I was picky I would argue Encounters is trancecore :p
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
quote:
quote:

Divided opinion when it comes to that tune but one definitely matches the freeform category AMS aka Resist Digital Science.
Vladel I recently came across a track from 2008 called the finest and was released on ballistic bootlegs or something like that and while it had a horrible vocal sample, it?s a total banger. I miss tracks of that ilk and it?s a shame he?s not around anymore.
DJIntensity Best vocal tunes from DJ Impact would have to be Distant Dreams and Guiding Light and collaborating with Nomad with Begin Again.
Seraphoz Impact & Nomad - Hard Timez, what a tune

Also, Impact - Haunted is an unheard of gem.
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphoz:
Impact & Nomad - Hard Timez, what a tune

Also, Impact - Haunted is an unheard of gem.

Also Impact & Nomad Voices finally Back In The Days.

Mad Max
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
quote:
quote:

AMS made amazing freeform I miss him.

Divided opinion when it comes to that tune but one definitely matches the freeform category AMS aka Resist Digital Science.

Quicksilver Such a good producer. I loved his frantic, trancey style in tunes like Teardrops remix and his freeform ones like Party Hard and The Funky Technician. My favourite tracks by him are hard to say, they are so good almost all of them... Apart from the above mentioned: Worlds Apart remix, All I Need, Summer Sun, Utopia, Stay, I Wish, Blown Away remix, Voices, I could go on forever... :D His July 2007 mix is one of the best mixes ever.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Such a good producer. I loved his frantic, trancey style in tunes like Teardrops remix and his freeform ones like Party Hard and The Funky Technician. My favourite tracks by him are hard to say, they are so good almost all of them... Apart from the above mentioned: Worlds Apart remix, All I Need, Summer Sun, Utopia, Stay, I Wish, Blown Away remix, Voices, I could go on forever... :D His July 2007 mix is one of the best mixes ever.

I remember that mix, a classic!
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Such a good producer. I loved his frantic, trancey style in tunes like Teardrops remix and his freeform ones like Party Hard and The Funky Technician. My favourite tracks by him are hard to say, they are so good almost all of them... Apart from the above mentioned: Worlds Apart remix, All I Need, Summer Sun, Utopia, Stay, I Wish, Blown Away remix, Voices, I could go on forever... :D His July 2007 mix is one of the best mixes ever.

I remember that mix, a classic!

That mix was in July 2008 epic classic most of the tunes from his EP on Return Of The Clans Love The Music, On My Own, Beautiful and finally Addiction.

martinj1985 loved his productions!

anyone got a link to his july 2008 mix? i must have missed it
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by martinj1985:
loved his productions!

anyone got a link to his july 2008 mix? i must have missed it

https://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=45476&SearchTerms=Impact,July,2007

Link in that thread,def 2007

martinj1985 thanks mate !
DJIntensity That mix sure brings great memories back miss those days.
SparkzMusic

:) (tried a few times to link it, it's ****ed.... but was kaos and impact - dont cry)
wong dont know if this is the one people want but here it is anyway

https://soundcloud.com/theravemusicarchive/dj-impact-studio-mix-2007
wong
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:

Hard2Get
quote:
:) (tried a few times to link it, it's ****ed.... but was kaos and impact - dont cry)

I know ths from Masters @ Work Vol 3. Good tune, even if it is a rip off!

While we are here:

Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

I know ths from Masters @ Work Vol 3. Good tune, even if it is a rip off!

While we are here:

One of the many tracks I would like to see get a digital release.
DJIntensity Looked through his catalogue of releases amazing tunes Now I?m Free with Crash & Burn.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
dont know if this is the one people want but here it is anyway

https://soundcloud.com/theravemusicarchive/dj-impact-studio-mix-2007

That's my upload from the other day.
SparkzMusic Great track. My fave by far. Second fave was always that addicition track.

tuneee
DJIntensity
quote:
Great track. My fave by far. Second fave was always that addicition track.

tuneee

That is a tune and half and also Love The Music.

DJHaze Hi All ,

This thread has come at a good time as I have access to all of Impact's old tracks and permission to re release them. (This is of course for songs still not signed or under any contract).

Now... back then Rory however would slap his songs through the Darren Styles preset that was around at the time through T-racks and the master was not good. Quite muddy if you have a close listen. However the mixdowns were great in terms of clarity.

I am contemplating re mastering all his old songs and getting newer remixes of his most popular tracks for an album.

Would people be interested in this?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,

Ben (Haze)
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by DJHaze:
Hi All ,

This thread has come at a good time as I have access to all of Impact's old tracks and permission to re release them. (This is of course for songs still not signed or under any contract).

Now... back then Rory however would slap his songs through the Darren Styles preset that was around at the time through T-racks and the master was not good. Quite muddy if you have a close listen. However the mixdowns were great in terms of clarity.

I am contemplating re mastering all his old songs and getting newer remixes of his most popular tracks for an album.

Cheers,

Ben (Haze)

That?s great to hear I am excited about it you sure did some epic belters with Rory which I?ll never forget.
Samination well it could explain why my FBI vinyl sounds like utter shit :P

I wouldnt mind. Impact does have a extensive catalogue that's not on sale any longer
DJIntensity
quote:
well it could explain why my FBI vinyl sounds like utter shit :P

I wouldnt mind. Impact does have a extensive catalogue that's not on sale any longer

Even listening to FBI stuff online sounds like utter shite too same could be said about his stuff on Masterwax online.
Samination Haze, does that mean that Revenge will get a proper release? How many managed to buy it before it was taken down?
I still have my digital copy :P

Well the problems I have with my FBI002 record is probably just a dodgy pressing.
The digital copy of MWX004 doesn't have any problem, it's just saved at a lower dB. That one could've been normalized to 0dB before going on sale
DJIntensity Rory?s last release on Masterwax in 2006 is inch perfect the Shine on Me and Breathe Again.
Impulse_Response
quote:
Hi All ,

Cheers,

Ben (Haze)

I would be very excited about thisl Just use care when you remaster them. The S3RL remastered album was louder than hell, and I thought the quality suffered compared to the original versions I bought on the download sites.
DJIntensity Haze remix of All My Life with Implex sure was brilliant and Addiction too.
Quicksilver Oh Haze. That sounds wonderful!
DJIntensity Hope to see the unreleased stuff on this mix with his The Technician alias.
Mad Max
quote:
Hi All ,

Cheers,

Ben (Haze)

Yes if its on a USB or a cd, some special. I avoid downloads and havent brought one for years. Offer a usb etc and I am on it like sonic...
trippnface
quote:
Hi All ,

Cheers,

Ben (Haze)

fkn plz!!!!
DJIntensity Two CDs of mayhem would be smashing.
Impact Thanks for all the kind words guys, it?s very humbling to know that people still appreciate and like the music I wrote well over 10 years ago now. Hardcore was a huge part of my life and knowing that all the passion and love I poured into hardcore music for years is still thought of today, means a lot - so thank you all

Little unknown fact, I also moonlighted for a short period under the guise of ?Unique?. You may remember some tracks I did with Breeze like ?Sometimes?, ?Scream? and ?Reach Out?

Incase anyone is wondering, I still have my recording studio although these days it?s really just for memories. I?ll every now and then get the hardcore vinyl out and have a mix - generally these days only when Ben Haze comes to visit :)

Thanks again for all the support over the years and the kind words

Rory

Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Impact:
Little unknown fact, I also moonlighted for a short period under the guise of ?Unique?. You may remember some tracks I did with Breeze like ?Sometimes?, ?Scream? and ?Reach Out?

I thought it was common knowledge! Your remix of "Come With Me" was superb, easily the best mix of it, still play it now.

DJIntensity
quote:
Thanks for all the kind words guys, it?s very humbling to know that people still appreciate and like the music I wrote well over 10 years ago now. Hardcore was a huge part of my life and knowing that all the passion and love I poured into hardcore music for years is still thought of today, means a lot - so thank you all

Incase anyone is wondering, I still have my recording studio although these days it?s really just for memories. I?ll every now and then get the hardcore vinyl out and have a mix - generally these days only when Ben Haze comes to visit :)

Rory

Nice to hear from you your music is inspiring to the ears.
trippnface
quote:
Thanks for all the kind words guys, it?s very humbling to know that people still appreciate and like the music I wrote well over 10 years ago now. Hardcore was a huge part of my life and knowing that all the passion and love I poured into hardcore music for years is still thought of today, means a lot - so thank you all

Rory

<3
DJIntensity I wonder if Infexious Audio are still going haven?t heard anything from that label in ages.
Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by Impact:Little unknown fact, I also moonlighted for a short period under the guise of ?Unique?. You may remember some tracks I did with Breeze like ?Sometimes?, ?Scream? and ?Reach Out?

Holy shit, no wonder I love the remix of Come With Me (so damn good) and Sometimes. I never knew. Mind is blown.
DJIntensity The Technician Save The Day that?s epic work at it?s best.
DJ Bounce
quote:

Rory

Come back!

Si Thompson I remixed a unreleased track of his last year.

It took 3.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page