Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 What do you use to make your leads?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Injektmepls I've been using Sylenth and Serum lately. Serum is great for basses too.

Got any other recommendations for synths and other VST effects for processing them?
Diskard Sylenth is my bae <3 I have and will always love z3ta and massive.
PecheyTheLizard It depends, most of the time I use this free little vst called TranceDrive that works really well for my usage, and others I use serum which you can rent to own for $10 a month (which is well worth it)
DJ_FunDaBounce Zeta, Sylenth, Massive and Retrologue.

I still get a lot out of my Reason 4 synths especially with the combinator, too.

haven't tried trance drive, though.

as for fx... I use and recommend valhalla reverbs.

PecheyTheLizard
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
Zeta, Sylenth, Massive and Retrologue.

I still get a lot out of my Reason 4 synths especially with the combinator, too.

TranceDrive is one of those synths that hardly ever gets talked about, but it can totally do rad stuff. Highly recommend it!
Injektmepls
quote:
Originally posted by PecheyTheLizard:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
Zeta, Sylenth, Massive and Retrologue.

TranceDrive is one of those synths that hardly ever gets talked about, but it can totally do rad stuff. Highly recommend it!

I'll definitely have to check it out! Thanks!

Hard2Get If you want Virus sounding leads, or solid sounding Trance leads in general then Albino 3 cannot be beaten!
Guest albino 3 sucks, for virus sounds, your want rob papan predator and tone2 gladiator

for anything else, this kind of works, but just predator with izotope trash 2 on ontop, and saves some CPU for laptop chomps

Audio Warfare Predator, massive, sylenth, and occasionally v station still. Quite often mix two and try to mix the best attributes from both.
Guest if you want real leads like https://youtu.be/MwDzsH97x6E?t=1m34s, instead of rubbish SAW waves that sound like they have had far to much EQ'ing and compression on https://youtu.be/YZqFCUH6rTY?t=1m8s, and don't have a virus with 4000 voices, you need to layer predator with gladiator, and save the DAW mixer channel settings

the easiest way is to layer VST's in FL Studio and send them out to a midi out channel on the beat sequencer, and side chain them, so you can different EQ's and filters of both VST's
Hard2Get V-Station is amazing in terms of versitility. It is an absolute beast of an all-round synth and i used it for years but sadly it is quite cold sounding. An attribute of all Novation synths!
Jonny Rich For my sliding leads i use spire (I swear by it)... Others i use are zebra2, sylenth, massive and serum but massive and serum are mostly for bass.
thedjjudah I use Reason, and their new synth Europa is where it's at.
DJ_FunDaBounce Europa definitely has a nice sound! Reminds me of Sylenth1 :)

Sometimes I layer synths, too, like Gary says.

Lately I have found serum and sylenth make a really good pair for supersaws.

...add a little pitchbend and , voila! ;)
T_Thomas_A I make my leads using:
T-Force Alpha Plus
Native Instruments Massive
Serum

just slap a bit of OTT on top and boom, a nice lead.
Pluz -Cakewalk Z3TA+ (the first one version) lol
-Sylenth1
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Originally posted by Pluz:
-Cakewalk Z3TA+ (the first one version) lol

Z3ta Version 1 has better sounding filters. Somewhat crunchier.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by Injektmepls:
I've been using Sylenth and Serum lately. Serum is great for basses too.

Got any other recommendations for synths and other VST effects for processing them?

Serum is great for bases.

Try DUNE2 or 3 for leads.

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page