Radio listeners 176+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Has DJ Unknown retired?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
djyogi I must be out of the loop but has he retired for good or?
DJIntensity I haven?t heard anything about him calling it a day.
Vladel He wasn?t much good without Sy anyhow.
DJIntensity He did one song where he performed the vocals called Promised Land on the Hardcore Heaven 2 CD his own mix.
Smoogie It is unknown if Unknown retired as not much is known about him as he is unknown
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
He wasn?t much good without Sy anyhow.

yeah. that was basically him retiring lol
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
He wasn?t much good without Sy anyhow.

yeah. that was basically him retiring lol

Then he made that really dreary album called I?m alive. It?s what I?d like to think hardcore would sound like if emo?s made it.
The drunken scotsman I remember when the shitstorm with Sy calmed down, Unknown set up his own label and was getting a big push from others in the scene. If I remember right, he was involved in the huge remix of concrete angel and it was also released on his label. He was given the kick off set at HTID in the sun (although had to pull out) and was generally hot property for a while.

Sadly, he was shown to be a very average producer without Sy and before long he seemed to fade into obscurity. I havent heard anything from him in a while so I guess he is devoting his time to other things. He always seemed a genuinely nice guy so I wish him all the best.
DJIntensity His best remix to date Hardcore Euphoria.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
He did one song where he performed the vocals called Promised Land on the Hardcore Heaven 2 CD his own mix.

Unknown never mixed a hardcore heaven album, well he mixed hardcore heaven 4 (original series) b2b sy, but that's it
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
He did one song where he performed the vocals called Promised Land on the Hardcore Heaven 2 CD his own mix.

Unknown never mixed a hardcore heaven album, well he mixed hardcore heaven 4 (original series) b2b sy, but that's it

Yes you?re right mate it was SY who mixed the Hardcore Heaven not Unknown got a bit mixed up.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
I remember when the shitstorm with Sy calmed down, Unknown set up his own label and was getting a big push from others in the scene. If I remember right, he was involved in the huge remix of concrete angel and it was also released on his label. He was given the kick off set at HTID in the sun (although had to pull out) and was generally hot property for a while.

Sadly, he was shown to be a very average producer without Sy and before long he seemed to fade into obscurity. I havent heard anything from him in a while so I guess he is devoting his time to other things. He always seemed a genuinely nice guy so I wish him all the best.

Don't forget that when the shitstorm with Sy calmed down, for whatever reason Unknown took it upon himself to revive that mess and publicly sided against Sy. Don't understand why out of nowhere he did that.
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
It is unknown if Unknown retired as not much is known about him as he is unknown

LOL well going by his name or he could turn out to be like Gammer.
MC Deecee
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

Don't forget that when the shitstorm with Sy calmed down, for whatever reason Unknown took it upon himself to revive that mess and publicly sided against Sy. Don't understand why out of nowhere he did that.

This 100%, I was commenting on someone's status on Facebook a few weeks back, forgot who's now, but yeah, this subject was what was being talked about and I said the exact same thing, just when it had all seemingly blown over he popped up and stuck the boot in, for absolutely no reason at all that makes any sense, why leave it about a year before piping up when there was every opportunity to have a say back theb, because let's face it, every other f--ker was getting their 2 pence worth in at the time, doesn't make sense.
Samination or like some of us said back then. He was probably told "Either you're in, or you're out". And he selected to be a sell-out
DJIntensity That spells the end for Quash Records where he had his best tunes.
Quicksilver He won't be missed. He couldn't make a good solo track anyway. :P

Actually, Tonight You're Mine is good but that was 2008 was it? Doesn't count. ;P
DJIntensity Never a fan of his anyway.
Gazza1712 Chris doesn?t produce music anymore and has a full time job, he does still play out occasionally, he has a few sets coming up plus he is doing fusion,

Chris was the producer when working with sy, sy cannot make tunes by himself, so when people say he is shit without sy bla bla bla I don?t get it, maybe when he started up ukn records he wanted to try a more modern sound,

I still speak with Chris, and the relationship between sy and Chris was over long before the whole storm thing blew up in November 2012, they had a fallout in the summer of 2012 and hadn?t been in the studio together since then, the studio was also at chris house, I know what that fallout was over but it isn?t my place to say on here but maybe when the storm thing blew up at least then they could go there separate ways and made things easier,

May I just add I am also mates with sy aswell, so not knocking st at all
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
Chris doesn?t produce music anymore and has a full time job, he does still play out occasionally, he has a few sets coming up plus he is doing fusion,

Chris was the producer when working with sy, sy cannot make tunes by himself, so when people say he is shit without sy bla bla bla I don?t get it, maybe when he started up ukn records he wanted to try a more modern sound,

I still speak with Chris, and the relationship between sy and Chris was over long before the whole storm thing blew up in November 2012, they had a fallout in the summer of 2012 and hadn?t been in the studio together since then, the studio was also at chris house, I know what that fallout was over but it isn?t my place to say on here but maybe when the storm thing blew up at least then they could go there separate ways and made things easier,

May I just add I am also mates with sy aswell, so not knocking st at all

Seriously too bad.

Sy & Unknown will alwatys hold a top tier spot in my heart.

Maybe one day we could hope for a reunion set... I would fly over for that.
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:

Quite simple really, his tracks with Sy were largely great and his solo tracks were largely shit. You can put that down to a modern sound or whatever but any excuse does not change the fact that his music without Sy was an utter shadow of the past.

DJIntensity His collaboration with Sy and Lou Lou was actually something decent those tunes never disappoint.

It took 1.48 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page