Radio listeners 165+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 DJ Storm / Stompy Anthology Vol 1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
CDJay See? Told you they were next!

DJ Storm - Anthology (Volume 1)

01. Vinylgroover & Trixxy - Time After Time (DJ Storm Remix)
02. DJ Storm (feat. Ham) - Get Busier (Bananaman & Blitz Remix)
03. Tayla - Hamburg
04. DJ Storm - Rock The Party
05. DJ Storm (feat. Fade) - The Final Conflict
06. DJ Storm (feat. Ham) - Bang!
07. Hixxy & Sharkey - Wanting To Get High (DJ Storm?s Dancemania Mix)
08. Force & Styles - Fireworks (DJ Storm Remix)
09. DJ Storm - Cocaine
10. Psy Quest feat. Dougal - Sky High (DJ Storm, Demo & Ham Mix)
11. DJ Storm - Beating Of My Heart (feat. Claire Sheridan)
12. Naughty But Nice - All Out Of Love

DJ Stompy - Anthology (Volume 1)

01. This Is The Night
02. Magic Moments
03. w/ D'Skys - Head In The Clouds
04. I Believe
05. Test Of Time (Euro Mix)
06. Smiling Eyes
07. Dawn Of a New Era
08. Born to Rave
09.Thoughts Of You
10. w/ Flyin' - Come Follow Me
11. Crazy
12. w/ Supreme & UFO - Stay With Me

There's also vinyl variants of the recent Sharkey & Al Storm albums, in the same Gatefold clad heavyweight vinyl, Metropolis mastered, format as the near-sold-old Diversions.

More soon!

CDJay
lainnix Approximately how many volumes of each will there be?
djDMS Exciting!

The suggestion of further volumes adds to the excitement. I would happily buy every last Al Storm tune at whatever cost.
Samination Is this going to be like the Sharkey albums? All tracks that have either Storm or Stompy are involved in will get released, or only the tracks they own?
CDJay We've got access to literally everything, the current plan is a few CDs then a booster digital bundle for the remnants or variants.

CDJay
GrahamC Cool, gonna order these when I get in :)

Where is the Blu-ray in the release schedule?
CDJay Re authored without the other sets, I would say 8 weeks but am chasing a new plant that just opened with a potentially shorter lead time.

CDJay
sebastianNL great, will surely order these!! :)

will there be a digital only version of the plastic mind vinyls as well? i do not want the vinyl records, but i see there are tracks on there that weren't on the cd so in the digital version i would certainly buy!!
CDJay They'll be on the next cd release, fret ye not.

CDJay
sebastianNL great! thanks!
Vladel Why so expensive or only 12 tracks. We had 4 disks for ?15 with the sharkey album?
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Why so expensive or only 12 tracks. We had 4 disks for ?15 with the sharkey album?

Less than ?1 per track, on CD, in a nice package...
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Why so expensive or only 12 tracks. We had 4 disks for ?15 with the sharkey album?

Less than ?1 per track, on CD, in a nice package...

For old music
CDJay The Sharkey album was an artist album, many years in the making. It had up front remixes, classics, and a dj mix. This is the model were trying to use to get entire swathes of material from these and other artists at a time when itunes are stopping single tracks and the entire histories of HHC is about to be lost. Less than a pound a track for stuff we have to find, sort, record, remaster, clear and release when no one else has or will isn't unreasonable.

CDJay
djDMS Too expensive for something you probably would never be able to get elsewhere?

Nah.
CDJay I've been working on the Stompy album since 2014, supreme and ufo don't even have Stay With Me (also got Trip To The Other Side when scouring for the Sharkey album).

There's a lot more to retrieving 90s stuff than 00s stuff; Eye Opener was nearly lost forever and we barely saved that!

CDJay
arpz Vladel I'm selling legit tenners for a fiver each, want any?
kazukism92 Calling all the Dancemania fans.
I hope pick up when I got a job (yeah, I went fired after receive a punch in the face... but hey, at least I'm currently waiting for the Direct Shipping for TSIHU :D, if works... I'll pick up along with other Al Storm albums).

And what happen with Dubey Doo from DJ Stompy? Will be added soon at Anthology Volume Two?.
GrahamC CDJay - 2 questions if that is OK

If I wait until Monday when I get paid, do you reckon there would be a physical TSIHU to order along with the other 2?

The other one, for download only products, have you ever considered including .cue files with the mixes so if I burn them to CD I can get the track gaps?
CDJay There's over 100 TSIHU left, so you *should* be okay.

I'll look into the .cue file thing; DM me with any specific projects you want prioritised!

CDJay
DJ Reevzy I?ll be buying these albums...bloody love 90s HH!

CDjay, will be interesting to see what tunes you manage to get hold of...i have a fair few cheeky wavs of old tunes which u may or may not have!
djscavenger I'll be picking these up for sure.

On the Stompy album vol 2 can we please get

Thoughts of you 98 remix
Three little words
Stay with me (Stompy remix)
Hands to heaven
Starlight

I like the format ?10 is well worth it and it spreads the cost

Also I wouldnt mind a Go Mental/ DJ Kaos anothology if you do more in the future

warped_candykid I really like this idea, and I'm glad someone is trying to restore some of these tracks of the 90s. We gotta save this stuff for the history books.
warped_candykid Got my pre-order for the Stompy album in. This is The Night has to be one of the best tracks from 1999.
CDJay Amazing track, imo.

CDJay
alstorm Potentially they are possible I have crates of his DAT's im sifting through, definitely seen hands to heaven and starlight I think! the Anthology series is 24/7 .. but im looking at getting in other artists for the series, Fade & Bananaman, Euphony etc as well as dragging up everything I have everyone from that era :-)

quote:
Originally posted by djscavenger:
I'll be picking these up for sure.

Thoughts of you 98 remix
Three little words
Hands to heaven
Starlight

Also I wouldnt mind a Go Mental/ DJ Kaos anothology if you do more in the future

Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by alstorm:
Potentially they are possible I have crates of his DAT's im sifting through, definitely seen hands to heaven and starlight I think! the Anthology series is 24/7 .. but im looking at getting in other artists for the series, Fade & Bananaman, Euphony etc as well as dragging up everything I have everyone from that era :-)

quote:

Thoughts of you 98 remix
Three little words
Hands to heaven
Starlight

Any progress on that album featuring Scott Brown's remix of 'Kickin' Hard'?

Also, Your remix of 'Triple J- Have It All'. Desperate to get my hands on these.

Cheers.
htid_4_life to be honest mate, i'm waiting for the day that you can go on ITunes and type in Essential Platinum etc and then just buy labels in wav or mp3. I cant be bothered with all the albums and voulmes etc. If it was done like this I would buy no problem, each to their own of course and well done for the effort. but back in the day it wasn't always about the artist as it was more about the label for me.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by htid_4_life:
to be honest mate, i'm waiting for the day that you can go on ITunes and type in Essential Platinum etc and then just buy labels in wav or mp3. I cant be bothered with all the albums and voulmes etc. If it was done like this I would buy no problem, each to their own of course and well done for the effort. but back in the day it wasn't always about the artist as it was more about the label for me.

itunes tracks are like double compressed though :(
Samination Also, I'm pretty sure you still cant search labels on either Itunes or spotify
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by htid_4_life:
to be honest mate, i'm waiting for the day that you can go on ITunes and type in Essential Platinum etc and then just buy labels in wav or mp3. I cant be bothered with all the albums and voulmes etc. If it was done like this I would buy no problem, each to their own of course and well done for the effort. but back in the day it wasn't always about the artist as it was more about the label for me.

Given that iTunes are stopping single sales, over the next 12 months, you'll be waiting a while.

The best case outcome of all these efforts is that the albums drive restoration and availability of back catalogues (artist and/or label) and then eventually they end up on streaming services.

CDJay
SparkzMusic Good stuff, shame that raver baby come follow me version isn't included (can't remember who did it now but dubplate recording, not rip, was posted on YT ages ago and now is down).

I will be buying though. Always enjoyed Stompy's production. Was just glad when I was err less than 18, I went to a local rave event where he was playing. No booze for me, no naughty stuff, just cola and then water when I was so bloated off the fizzy drinks. I semi nervously pulled out a vinyl sleeve I had in my p*ss poor nylon style trouser zip pocket to get Stompy to sign (I didn't bring the vinyl 'stay with me' as I didn't want it to get damaged).

Great chat with the man himself and a collectors item to keep.

htid_4_life well, something similar then. I appreciate where you are coming from with albums etc but I just really want a site or something I can go too, look up quosh or something and just shop away through the label rather than an album where I have a tracklist already laid out, I would like to make my own. obviously it will take ages to do this, to get the best quality stuff out there and to have a site to host this and make payments that are secure etc etc. but, its just something I would like that is all
Sulphurik
quote:

Thoughts of you 98 remix
Three little words
Hands to heaven
Starlight

Also Body Rock and I Believe in the beat please!
Sulphurik
quote:

That's a good idea scavenger. His track Delirious came into my mind recently, good to hear it again.
Craigavon raver Was actually hoping this was going to be 4 cds 3 unmixed and a stompy dj mix, 2 unmixed happy hardcore and 1 unmixed his upfront hardcore! but glad to see these released anyhow and just ordered my copies, roll on the next volumes
warped_candykid When are the CDs shipping?
GrahamC Dunno,

Got my Stompy download, the Storm one is not working for me ATM - it rocks!! Physicals will likely go straight to the shelf!

Thanks, Graham
Vladel I did buy these after all. Hope to listen later if they are available.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Dunno,

Got my Stompy download, the Storm one is not working for me ATM - it rocks!! Physicals will likely go straight to the shelf!

Thanks, Graham

and unopened? :)
Shanty Cool to have the DJ Stompy classics, but am a little disappointed that 'Thoughts Of You' is the Lost Mix that was released on New Era and not the original mix on Hectic as that was one of the 3 tracks I bought the album for. Would have bought the album for the others anyway, but I hope the original will appear on a future volume. Speaking of which, pretty please:

'All I See Is You & Me'
'Body Rock'
'Come On'
'Mind, Body & Soul'
'Thoughts Of You' ORIGINAL
'Three Little Words'
'Here Beside Me'
'Past The Chance'
'Here Beside Me (Midas Remix)'
'Kiss Your Lips' BOTH MIXES
djDMS Wonder what the issue is with the Storm tracks.

On my list but not available to download.
Dookie77 Just had a message from the team that they are working on a fix for the Storm one
djscavenger Listening to the Stompy ablum now and its fantastic. He was so good at the vocal uplifting tracks. Really pleased to see the origional Young Forever on there Id thought that one was lost to the mysts of time. Not sure why the HTSE edit of come and follow me was used instead of the essential platinum one as its superior. Love the Test of time euro mix!

I also think HU have done a fantasic job of remastering the tracks. They sound crisp and clear. Looking forward to the next volume. Hope to pick up Storms at some point as well.
CDJay Cds shipping mid week!

I had the digital assets up on Friday, assumed they were working. Apparently not, heh.

CDJay
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Dunno,

Thanks, Graham

and unopened? :)

Yeah, if I have the digital tracks there is no need to open the CDs
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:

That's a good idea scavenger. His track Delirious came into my mind recently, good to hear it again.

On DJ Kaos subject...heard this track in a mix. Didn't take me too long to discover what the track was.

warped_candykid
quote:
quote:
quote:

On DJ Kaos subject...heard this track in a mix. Didn't take me too long to discover what the track was.

On Happy2bHardcore Chapter 6, Anabolic Frolic had this track listed as "Visa - All I Need (DJ Kaos Remix)"

I have spent many a time typing that into youtube and never getting a video. Thanks!! So this tune is it's own track, not a remix of Visa? (even though I know Visa's track came first)
Triquatra oooooooooooooooooooor DID it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtDm4bgBpi8

DUN DUN DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
CDJay All UK ore orders shipped today, internationals tomorrow.

CDJay
Quicksilver If only Hardcore Underground would make an effort to talk to their customers. Been trying to get an answer to my question for three days almost, messages keep getting "read" status but never replied to. I love the label but holy shit CUSTOMER SUPPORT??
CDJay Odd, will ask what's going on.

(I am no longer on FB as was driving me slowly insane)

CDJay
Quicksilver It's not an overly complicated question either... I mean, I can probably pirate it instead if answering me is bothersome. :P
Impulse_Response It's been a while since I've bought anything from HU, so I might consider picking up copies of these. I haven't had much exposure to old school, so these might be a good way to change that.

The obligatory question: the email says the tracks were remastered with modern technology and techniques. Does that mean loudness war?
CDJay No. It means they were carefully sourced and mastered to sane standards with zero regard for loudness wars or brickwalling. Because... Who wants that?

Edit: Dear god grab the Sharkey album too; surprisingly few left and couldn't be more seminal without a crisis team waving uv lights over bedding.

CDJay
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Edit: Dear god grab the Sharkey album too; surprisingly few left and couldn't be more seminal without a crisis team waving uv lights over bedding.
CDJay

No need to worry. I bought the completionist edition back in October. No UV lights needed to witness the liquid happiness that has resulted from this purchase.

Quicksilver
quote:
No. It means they were carefully sourced and mastered to sane standards with zero regard for loudness wars or brickwalling. Because... Who wants that?

CDJay

So am I getting any response or help to my question I asked on FB?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

So am I getting any response or help to my question I asked on FB?

Well he did say that he's not reading FB any more, but someone should be managing the HU page... considering I saw someone posting a reply from the HU account a mere 15 hours ago

quote:
No. It means they were carefully sourced and mastered to sane standards with zero regard for loudness wars or brickwalling. Because... Who wants that?

CDJay

Whoever handled Sharkey's stuff seems to have wanted it
Craig Cairney I'm surprisingly a bit late to the party with ordering these two CD's. I'll be on it ASAP though! This is the kind of s**t that still interests me.

Having sacked off Facebook (permanently) the other month, I'll need to pay closer attention to this forum for all my Hardcore news. Using HHC on a regular basis - Feels like 2005.
warped_candykid What version of Come & Follow Me is on the album? It's not the same as Bonkers 3.
Craig Cairney I wonder if they've put the Fade & Bananaman remix on?
alstorm
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
I wonder if they've put the Fade & Bananaman remix on?

Definitely isnt that one, thats a little harder to source .. though there may be a Fade & Bananathology coming .. or maybe a silk cuts .. who knows what wonders might appear! ;)

Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by alstorm:
Fade & Bananathology

Bananamanthology, surely.
GrahamC F&B AND Silk Cuts

You HAVE to do it!! Have to. I would pay you now just to secure mine, so happy I am with the 2 so far!!
Craig Cairney Would love a Fade and Bananaman album. Not too fussed about a Silk Cuts one. I only liked a handful of the tracks.
But a Fade & Bananaman / JHAL / Evolve album would be great. I remember Darren working on it last year. Hell, I remember back in 2013 him saying it was coming soon lol.

Would be great to get digital copies of A Dream Surprise, Sugar & Spice, Without You, Please Be Mine etc. And their amazing remixes of Calypso, Hardcore Fever, Come and Follow Me etc.
Craig Cairney
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
What version of Come & Follow Me is on the album? It's not the same as Bonkers 3.

It's actually just the DJ Stompy mix that was released via HTSE Records. There's a Brisk remix on the flip.
9oh9 Really enjoying both of these releases, top work!
lainnix I bought the DJ Stompy anthology and really loved it for the most part. Listening with my headphones, about half of them sounded a bit muffled though. Were these taken from MP3s or something? The audio quality on track #2, for example, is quite low.

Spectrogram of the WAV file from HU's store: https://i.imgur.com/mWE2KBK.png

Very low shelf cutoff there. Stompy's soundcloud says they're "digitally remastered" but... is there any possibility of getting the proper versions?
PecheyTheLizard
quote:
Originally posted by lainnix:
I bought the DJ Stompy anthology and really loved it for the most part. Listening with my headphones, about half of them sounded a bit muffled though. Were these taken from MP3s or something? The audio quality on track #2, for example, is quite low.

Spectrogram of the WAV file from HU's store: https://i.imgur.com/mWE2KBK.png

Very low shelf cutoff there. Stompy's soundcloud says they're "digitally remastered" but... is there any possibility of getting the proper versions?

I believe most of them were sourced from the original DAT tapes. There's only so much you can do to a 20+ year old sound file recording
CDJay Some were sourced from a CD I got from Stompy in 99 (!), but the one you mentioned is direct from DAT albeit recorded nearly a decade ago.

We're very, very, far beyond a sensible point to be cataloguing stuff from 20+ years ago.

Whenever possible, particularly if an issue is identified, we will always try to source another variant. It, increasingly, won't always be.

The most irritating thing is I essentially started doing this back in the early noughties, but then ended up running a label focused on "upfront" stuff and the "oldskool" tag was being used to beat us. Along with D&B. Or Freeform. Or whatever would mask the obvious fact we were far more interesting, better, and right more often than not

I haven't had as direct an influence over most of these releases, bar the Stompy CD I had, and the one I'm currently working on, but Al Storm is one of the very few people who I'd trust to supply the best possible variant at any given time.

I'll do some digging, but it really might be a case of "this is the best there is, or ever will be"

(I *love* Magic Moments, too, FYI)

CDJay
Samination Where did the guys behind Beats 24/7 get most of their stock, back in 2005?
CDJay Hah!

Most was digitally sourced, *but* there were glitches ahoy (I know this, as I was getting Ruffage to fix loads of them, for my own sanity, and then I'd send them back to Slipmatt/Slam to hopefully replace the glitched variant)

Also, very crucially, it was primarily "large" catalogues (Vibes, Stage One) which is why there was at least some consistency with source and supply.. See also: 15 years ago. Every *single* CDR I have from that era has degraded and will no longer read even with recovery services.

CDJay

Samination crap, I guess I should try re-ripping the ones I have before they die completely :P
CDJay Really, really do. Even archival grade ones could fail by now!

CDJay
Samination For how long are bought CD's supposed to last? I ripped a few from 1996 just a few weeks ago and had no problems
CDJay "proper" cds, ie glass mastered, should last decades. Cdrs can degrade in a few years, never mind decades.

CDJay
Samination Well, 2 out of the 3 Beats 24/7 discs I had went through flawlessly at x4 read (Im no EAC freak). One did contain read and crc errors on most of the tracks, but from what I can hear, it didnt damage the tracks too much.
CDJay That's pretty good going, I think only 3 or 4 from my entire Beats 24/7 and Kniteforce Complete Collection CDRs still read at all

CDJay
djDMS Why don't all these 20+ year old tracks sound absolutely flawless?
At that price I expect them to sound like the artists are performing them in my front room on a 50 billion quid system.

It took 3.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page