Radio listeners 186+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Fracus & Darwin - Greetings from the Edge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
arpz Wrote a bit of a review on fb but let's hear your thoughts too

Greetings from the Edge... delivers.

I spoke to both F&D at HAS a couple of months ago about the new album & the state of the hardcore scene at the moment and was a bit concerned (though not entirely surprised) to hear that the album is about 60% hardcore, decided to keep an open mind and while I mostly agree with that percentage (I'd put at more like 70%), it is 100% rave without any shadow of doubt.

This pair know exactly how to make a dancefloor track and there's plenty of that here but with enough variety for this to stand up to many listens at home, in the car, wherever. Other genres are represented but rather than skippable tracks they're part of the whole and fit in perfectly with the vibe of the album while no doubt standing up to scrutiny from a non-hardcore viewpoint. 'Libertas' sounds like a futuristic mashup of neurofunk & freeform, 'Brocking by Myself' like Jump up drum & bass before it turned into screeches and uncomfortable noise & 'All I Know is This' like they'd woken up from a 1992 induced coma to all the modern advances in technology. If any hardcore album can help legitimise our music to a wider audience it's this.

A fantastic track versus Michael Mansion is probably my early favourite, F&D & MM are a pairing that has been proven time and time again and this particular outing delivers the goods perfectly, guaranteed anthem.

The production across the board is second to none, everything sounds so clean and meticulously placed with depth and space. I haven't even checked out the deluxe content but it features extra tracks and extended mixes, expect to hear them heavily featured in my own mixes and across raves everywhere :D :D

I'd better eat my hat now ;)
djDMS Definitely one for the open minded among us.

In all honesty, the thought of a Hardcore album by anyone (Fracus & Darwin included) doesn't interest me that much at the minute.

I need to listen more to form a proper opinion, but hopefully this will give things a much needed kick up the arse.
Vladel I only know of two previews at the moment which doesn?t inspire interest.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I only know of two previews at the moment which doesn?t inspire interest.

agreed
CDJay Clips and podcast going up before the weekend. The faithful should enjoy it as intended.

CDJay
kazukism92 I'll pick a copy before christmas (December 7th... or maybe during the next week if money doesn't help).

**OFF TOPIC**
Is still available the One Rave compilation at HU?
djDMS Waiting for the 'it's not 15 tracks that all sound the same in the style that I like so it's shit' comments.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
I'll pick a copy before christmas (December 7th... or maybe during the next week if money doesn't help).

**OFF TOPIC**

I'm literally just about to delist it, but if you DM me I'll hold one and facilitate adding it to your order

Feedback has been *very* good, even from within industry, which is nice to see/hear.

CDJay
kazukism92
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
quote:
I'll pick a copy before christmas (December 7th... or maybe during the next week if money doesn't help).

**OFF TOPIC**

I'm literally just about to delist it, but if you DM me I'll hold one and facilitate adding it to your order

Feedback has been *very* good, even from within industry, which is nice to see/hear.

CDJay

Like that LTR way ;D. PM you now boi
arpz Really enjoying the title track, on top of what I've already mentioned.

It's good, people, get on board :)
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Really enjoying the title track, on top of what I've already mentioned.

It's good, people, get on board :)

Previews speak louder than words!
Claxton
quote:
quote:

**OFF TOPIC**

CDJay

****ing outstanding album. Listened through four times already. First time in the car earlier today. Listening in the car brought it to life even more rather than the neutral studio monitors.

Please would you be able to send an artist copy for Kurtis when you fire my order out and I'll pass it on to him?

And Ep.6 if you've still got it :D:D:D

trippnface my buddy said there is tons of dnb influence which will make me buy it for sure. just the previews on the soundcloud did not impress me.
Craigavon raver I haven't ordered my copy yet, but the main question i was going to ask is " how many tracks are non hardcore" well seems 70% of the album is hardcore, even though i wpuld prefer 100% hardcore, but i will def order it for sure in the next few weeks, and noticed the previews on soundcloud but i didn't bother listening to them lol
kazukism92
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
I haven't ordered my copy yet, but the main question i was going to ask is " how many tracks are non hardcore" well seems 70% of the album is hardcore, even though i wpuld prefer 100% hardcore, but i will def order it for sure in the next few weeks, and noticed the previews on soundcloud but i didn't bother listening to them lol

I remember that Fracus and Darwin did outstanding tracks trying other different genres and styles like Drivetime and Only One Of Me.
At least they promised Drum and Bass, Liquid Hardcore and House music.

Talking about other genre styles. Anyone did forgot unreleased gems like "Freedom (Global Trance Remix)" and "Free Flow"?

(Oh never forget that Champion Sound remix... but it seems that won't be happen anytime).
Captain Triceps
quote:
Oh never forget that Champion Sound remix... but it seems that won't be happen anytime).

Do you mean Darwin's remix of Champion Sound by Q-Project? If so that came out several years ago.
Unless it's a completely different one to the one I am thinking of.
kazukism92
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Oh never forget that Champion Sound remix... but it seems that won't be happen anytime).

Do you mean Darwin's remix of Champion Sound by Q-Project? If so that came out several years ago.
Unless it's a completely different one to the one I am thinking of.

Is different, they spammed the track during their live sets back in 2013.
CDJay New podcast, featuring tracks from the album, as threatened

Tracklist will go up later today!

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/the-hardcore-underground-show-podcast-24-fracus-darwin-november-2018-hupodcast24

CDJay
kazukism92
quote:
New podcast, featuring tracks from the album, as threatened

Tracklist will go up later today!

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/the-hardcore-underground-show-podcast-24-fracus-darwin-november-2018-hupodcast24

CDJay

Ah... feels good. What about the Heart On Fire update?
CDJay Forthcoming album. Every time we're seemingly quiet we change the game.

CDJay
Freecloud Hey how about that blu the roof dvd people paid for almost 4 years ago that your still selling and never shipped?
kazukism92
quote:
Originally posted by Freecloud:
Hey how about that blu the roof dvd people paid for almost 4 years ago that your still selling and never shipped?

+1... Nothing happened in 2017, noneless in 2018. Don't keep us waiting during 2019 lol.
CDJay We'll deliver, it's a yoke around our neck *but* at least we did cinema screenings both sides of the Atlantic as proof of life. It's been difficult, beyond measure, but it is worth it. Most kickstarters are late, few overdeliver. We will.

CDJay
CDJay That said, I agree it shouldn't be a live product, to buy, atm.

I do genuinely wish people had, and could see, it. It's actually amazing.

Soon.

CDJay
GrahamC I've written off my BTR pledge as a bad investment, ?45 I will never see again or get anything for.

If I don't see my Euphony CDs by Friday I will be writing HU off. It would be insanity to keep throwing money at a business that simply does not deliver. If it hadn't been over 30 days I would have gone through PayPal for my money.
CDJay DM'd you tracking info. 🙁

CDJay
GrahamC Thanks.

I really don't want to feel like this about HU and I really like the Anthology releases but I hope you can appreciate why I do feel like this.

What happened to the not selling until the product was in your hand? I appreciate there is 'early' digital but my personal preference would be to go back to waiting until it was physically there before you listed it for purchase.

Cheers.
CDJay We're shooting for just a week pre order period on the next batch of releases, and removing it altogether for most releases going forward through 2019.

CDJay
Vladel Ordered this today............... yea

CDJay

Should be with you on Monday, but you can grab digital assets straight away!

CDJay
djDMS I AM going to review the album eventually, but I'm still absorbing it so I can form a proper opinion.

So for now, I'm loving it - particularly lots of the non-hardcore bits.
Craigavon raver I still haven't ordered my copy yet! will def order at the end of the month ( new job, so on, so on) think i'll pick myself up a signed copy and pick it up with the vinylgroover album while i'm at it :D
kazukism92 Same here, I wonder if CDJay still holding a copy of One Rave D:
(@CDJay sorry mate, was supposed to order this December 7th, but stupid stuff happened, I'll do in the end of this month, promise!)
CDJay Of course I did 😉

CDJay
kazukism92 Sandwich post lol

Just asking
Fracus & Darwin - Now It's Over (Synthwave) when?

The preview that posted Fracus is so... D R I V I N G and Neon-ish.
CDJay Not entirely sure what the plan is, for that, yet.

CDJay
Impulse_Response
quote:
Sandwich post lol

Just asking

Got a link? Didn't find it on Soundcloud or Facebook.
kazukism92
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
Sandwich post lol

Just asking

Got a link? Didn't find it on Soundcloud or Facebook.

Fracus posted on his personal facebook profile... and seriously, sounds driving.

Impulse_Response Unless I misinterpreted it, his post said it was going to be included in the deluxe content for the album. I don't see it in there, so I guess that idea got tossed.
CDJay It was done well after the album was wrapped, so I don't think that was the intent. That said, I'll ask him

CDJay
kazukism92 *TL;DR ALERT + SLOWPOKE... I'm not using Internet Explorer guys, I explain why xD*

2 months delay to listen, give an opinion of this slice of variety styles. It was supposed to ordered before Christmas, but time and money didn't get it. But my birthday (and gift card received on this day) has saved the day (and hardcore library that is growing every month). Is more than say "better late than never". Also, I have my reasons that should be get it physically and deluxe edition. (*fangirling*).

BTW, Fracus & Darwin (and many producers) are the reason that I'm living and supporting this genuine music style. (And yeah, thanks for the 10 years surprising me). Kinda like to say "Hey, we give you a second chance if you listen this Hardcore music" and I can't deny. Colorful, brilliant and sometimes enigmatic. Let's get it to the point.

About the Greetings from the Edge. Seriously, is not a typical album that you can mix randomly selecting some tracks, no it isn't. Is special, different that they offer in their albums. Can be a story about "how to flow in the music and being eclectic no matter if is hardcore or not". They changes the game and even can fit it making the production in the edge of innovation.

About the tracks, there is not a slammer after slammer effect (or banger after banger), there is a... Jungle of vibes, anthems, feelings, slammer, bangers, fullfilling, killers, colorful, trippy, also there is unsafety mental trip that is called "Libertas", this track is serious and dangerous.

Fav Tracks.
- Libertas
- Now It's Over
- Mine All Night
- Nowhere
- 8 Bit Is Everything*

*Hope to listen a proper 8Bit DJ Friendly, instead the 16Bit Megadrive Mix or the Album Edition. Some 8bit lovers will explode the head, is a wildcard.

BTW guys, see you soon.
kazukism92 YO BUMP.
The typical southamerican issue of shipping code D:
Thanks in advance.
robertybob Thought this belonged in here
kazukism92
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
Thought this belonged in here

Needs to be happen (or featured on another comp).
Impulse_Response
quote:

Good production but boring style overall. This is the kind of stuff that's making me lose interest in hardcore.
trippnface did any other preview ever go up?

none of the sounds i heard super peaked my interests, i just need to hear 1 track that does it for me lol.

want to pick this up with HH4.

@ CDJay, ia there any more physical releases slotted for near future? id hate to ship all this and then feel the need to grab something else.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:

Good production but boring style overall. This is the kind of stuff that's making me lose interest in hardcore.

yeah i dunno, it's clean & nice, but doesnt give me a boner.
trippnface ok well i grabbed it finally :p

first thoughts overall: if i did not like dnb, i would pretty pissed. lol. luckily i ****ing love dnb, so this is REALLY good. honestly not much "hardcore" to speak of, overall, i'd say though.

nowhere & drop dead don't do much for me. now it's over & mine all night are pretty good. 8 bit is everything should have been more cheesy :P.

the dnb tracks def make this worth it for me though. 100%.

will you hold me is def a banger, superb dnb vocal liquid slammer feels. woot @claxton there, so good.

brocking myself is fkn sick, love that jump up into that f&d style liquid hardcore sound, and back. another complete banger.

drummond street is super feely, love the dark bassy vibes on that one. really unique, totally digging it.

Libertas is epic as ****. straight neuro smasher. f&d really can do anything, and absolutely kill it. this track proves they could be making top tier dnb and completely killing it. it's amazing they still **** with us at all.

i want way more dnb centric projects from f&d, they really need to make more.

can't say im disappointed cuz the dnb tracks are so good, but if i went into this looking for hardcore, even at the level of some of the previous albums, i would be sad.

Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
ok well i grabbed it finally :p

first thoughts overall: if i did not like dnb, i would pretty pissed. lol. luckily i ****ing love dnb, so this is REALLY good. honestly not much "hardcore" to speak of, overall, i'd say though.

nowhere & drop dead don't do much for me. now it's over & mine all night are pretty good. 8 bit is everything should have been more cheesy :P.

the dnb tracks def make this worth it for me though. 100%.

will you hold me is def a banger, superb dnb vocal liquid slammer feels. woot @claxton there, so good.

brocking myself is fkn sick, love that jump up into that f&d style liquid hardcore sound, and back. another complete banger.

drummond street is super feely, love the dark bassy vibes on that one. really unique, totally digging it.

Libertas is epic as ****. straight neuro smasher. f&d really can do anything, and absolutely kill it. this track proves they could be making top tier dnb and completely killing it. it's amazing they still **** with us at all.

i want way more dnb centric projects from f&d, they really need to make more.

can't say im disappointed cuz the dnb tracks are so good, but if i went into this looking for hardcore, even at the level of some of the previous albums, i would be sad.

I've actually recently ordered my copy but it hasn't arrived yet, but I don't like drum and bass at all! so not liking the sound of your post, but hopefully for me it won't be that bad and the tracks will be kind of up my street, i'll find out soon enough I suppose

It took 2.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page