Radio listeners 152+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Gammer's apology

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
SparkzMusic It seems like he admitted it years ago.... "it was all about me, me, me" and even Storm seems to agree... "Now i'm sorry"... "YOU WHAT?" "for what i've done".

And "Sorry for all the things i've said"... Storm: "****ing hilarious".

It's all there in black and white!!

kazukism92 2014
Gammer & Klubfiller makes a Summer Anthem Remix that was featured on Summer Anthems 2014.

Released digitally

Gammers goes to Dubstep

Bangs in Dubstep
I was expecting a Dubstep remix but... well, banger.
sterichie26 This may sound harsh but it's just my view:

Gammer can apologize until he's blue in the face and it still will not make a single difference about how i feel towards him.

Countless times i have seen on Gammer's FB feed people giving him love and kind words, but he says nothing to them, however if anyone posts something negative he is all over it like a rash.

The whole "Together We Rise" debacle was the final straw for me, dedicated fans such as myself paid their cash and bought the releases and were promised frequent releases every 2 to 3 weeks, then without explanation the whole thing stopped. Surely the paying support deserve some kind of explanation ? I personally felt shat on.

As his reputation grew for making the shite he does now, so has his MASSIVE ego, which i am not a fan of.
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by sterichie26:
This may sound harsh but it's just my view:

Gammer can apologize until he's blue in the face and it still will not make a single difference about how i feel towards him.

Countless times i have seen on Gammer's FB feed people giving him love and kind words, but he says nothing to them, however if anyone posts something negative he is all over it like a rash.

The whole "Together We Rise" debacle was the final straw for me, dedicated fans such as myself paid their cash and bought the releases and were promised frequent releases every 2 to 3 weeks, then without explanation the whole thing stopped. Surely the paying support deserve some kind of explanation ? I personally felt shat on.

As his reputation grew for making the shite he does now, so has his MASSIVE ego, which i am not a fan of.

It's just music, he can make whatever he wants, it's weird that people don't get that.

The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:

It's just music, he can make whatever he wants, it's weird that people don't get that.

This is true. He can make whatever he wants to.

Mine and I suspect most peoples problem with Gammer is that he is a dick.
sterichie26
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
quote:

Hit the nail on the head there mate.
Cyrax
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
quote:

Sometimes being a big DJ and being a dick run parallel

Samination or being famous in general.
LeVzi I dunno what happened with Gammer, one minute he was golden bollocks, next minute he was black balled.

What actually happened ? Bare in mind ive not looked at hardcore for the last 7 years maybe more ?
sterichie26 Basically shat on his fans and the scene by completely turning his back, created a label and then pulled the plug without so much as an explanation to all the paying fans who supported it and has verbally rinsed many people on social media, he has an awful attitude. From what i have seen on and around social media he has upset an awful lot of people who once supported him.
LeVzi No wonder he seems to stay in the USA.

Glad I never had him on social media tbh.

GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
No wonder he seems to stay in the USA.

Glad I never had him on social media tbh.

Yes, I used to but it was sickly, all of these sycophantic fans tonguing his hoop, with that amount of ego polishing it's not surprising what a bell end he was when faced with criticism.

Had to give up and delete him
DjCirrus
quote:

I want to say that Cotts is the same way but im not sure. He seems like a nice guy based on his videos and how he has really appreciated his fans.
LeVzi Gammer always came across as a snidey bell whiff tbh, even at the start. I never took to him or his music, couple of tracks I liked , like Resauce, New feeling and a few he did with Dougal.

It's no wonder when the modern sound took off, the old skool jumped ship tbh. They had the sense to get out before it got silly.

Although I do wish Slipmatt would don the 94/95 hat again.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Gammer always came across as a snidey bell whiff tbh, even at the start. I never took to him or his music, couple of tracks I liked , like Resauce, New feeling and a few he did with Dougal.

It's no wonder when the modern sound took off, the old skool jumped ship tbh. They had the sense to get out before it got silly.

Although I do wish Slipmatt would don the 94/95 hat again.

Yep, even back in his UK hardcore prime I always thought he was an arrogant prick despite being a fan of his music and DJ sets. One of those people who you just never knew what version of him was going to turn up.
baakaara Gammer turning his back on the UK Hardcore scene was just like the Daleks turning on Davros in the DR Who Classic "Genesis Of The Daleks".

wonder if he actually cares that a lot of people think he's actually a toilet. ?
Samination I'm still wondering if Sharkey isn't much much more worse than Gammer...

The only thing that would put Gammer back on top is if Sharkey comes back, releases the rest of his backcat that he can. Even if he just ****s off afterwards would put him lower down on my list.
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I'm still wondering if Sharkey isn't much much more worse than Gammer...

The only thing that would put Gammer back on top is if Sharkey comes back, releases the rest of his backcat that he can. Even if he just ****s off afterwards would put him lower down on my list.

What did Sharkey do to piss everyone off ?
Samination
quote:
quote:
I'm still wondering if Sharkey isn't much much more worse than Gammer...

What did Sharkey do to piss everyone off ?

He's dissapeared twice when it comes to his Completionist project for Hardcore Underground.

Not to mention the meltdown he had back when Hardcore Energy was pirated, and he and Kevin Energy began blaming the fans for it...
LeVzi He released or promised to release his entire catalogue ? But disappeared beforehand ?

As soon as producers / dj's etc turn on the people that made them, its game over really. It would be that way in any genre.

Shame really I always liked Sharkey, and he's normally got a good attitude to the scene.

Seems it's gotten to most of them in the end.
95_was_the_time
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:

I like how they make them rave in a wavepool, less likely to hold their stupid phones up in the air. maybe a touch of unintentional genius from the HTID crew.
DJ A.K. I dont get DJ's leaving a scene, I mean its been a big part of his life for 20 years and made him famous now he's too cool for it ?, I play all kinds of music, why does becoming interested in other music mean you have to completely forget where you came from ? probably advice from his manager to get more bookings.
95_was_the_time the first things you fall in love with will always drag you back at some point so give it time and Gamma will come back to the core,
- I mean, I'm back here after a long time and all I wanna say is, sorry to everyone for my whining and moaning during the mid 2000's. so yeah sorry. cause I listen to 'hardcore' now, and wish it was back to the 2000's sound.... well, really I wish it was back to the 1990's sound but the 2000's sound wasn't so bad after all... maybe it's aged like a fine wine for me... no idea haha.
95_was_the_time I'm not saying hardcore's dying out (cause who knows what's around the corner for this scene) but do I think one of the problems was the "big boys" not letting smaller boys (and girls... suppose I gotta be PC nowadays) into the scene REGARDS TO SETS ON THE NIGHT. Listen to these mixes.. it's all very inclusive. I love Scott brown but how many of his mixes were basically just his own tunes and a few friends... then listen to a Sy set, how many tunes were just Quash records etc etc.... it was this "the big boys" in the scene that can dry out a scene of new talent (from a dj/producer perspective, not the punters) ... you know what I mean? or am I just talkin bollocks again lol.

ok this should probably be in some sort of scene retrospective thread but F it
Craigavon raver So has gammer completely left the hardcore scene then? haven't heard much of him in years, but heard people complaining about his music on here, making dub-core or electro-core or both! can't remember, and didn't even bother myself to watch the video lol
sterichie26
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
So has gammer completely left the hardcore scene then? haven't heard much of him in years, but heard people complaining about his music on here, making dub-core or electro-core or both! can't remember, and didn't even bother myself to watch the video lol

Yes mate, Gammer has washed his hands off the scene and proceeds to make the shite he is making now. Always wondered that if it didnt work out for him in his new genre would he ever come crawling back to the Hardcore scene ? I personally think he is a shithouse but one vocal hook and an uplifting riff and i dont think it would take much for him to be established in the scene again.

But for now now he has vacated the scene. Also really riles me that he gets a lot of lovely comments online and doesnt acknowledge hardly any, but post something negative or just your opinion and he is all over it like a rash being a total toss pot.

Anyway the whole TWR debacle was enough for me, ****ed a lot of people over who paid for his releases and supported the label and just did one without so much as an explanation.
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
So has gammer completely left the hardcore scene then? haven't heard much of him in years, but heard people complaining about his music on here, making dub-core or electro-core or both! can't remember, and didn't even bother myself to watch the video lol

Yes mate, Gammer has washed his hands off the scene and proceeds to make the shite he is making now. Always wondered that if it didnt work out for him in his new genre would he ever come crawling back to the Hardcore scene ? I personally think he is a shithouse but one vocal hook and an uplifting riff and i dont think it would take much for him to be established in the scene again.

But for now now he has vacated the scene. Also really riles me that he gets a lot of lovely comments online and doesnt acknowledge hardly any, but post something negative or just your opinion and he is all over it like a rash being a total toss pot.

Anyway the whole TWR debacle was enough for me, ****ed a lot of people over who paid for his releases and supported the label and just did one without so much as an explanation.

Yeah i know about and can remember together we rise, but i thought breeze was behind and run that? but when it actually comes to gammers tracks don't know the last 1 i heard, actually came across a styles,dougal & gammer track on youtube a few months back on monstercat, was absoulutely terrible! don't even know if it was hardcore! but i noticed in the comments someone said it wasn't styles, gammer & dougal who done the track, but none the less it was shite!
sterichie26 Too true mate, what we once knew as UK hardcore or Happy Hardcore is sadly being diluted by this trappy dubby EDM style shite which is AWFUL !
Elipton He was the wonderkid of the genre for a long time, and that huge fanbase put him in the spotlight every time his style changed. When he did evolve his music, he got a lot of stick (from everyone, including/especially us) and no one can really know how to handle that attention.

I think he's someone who genuinely loves what he does, and loves achieving personal goals with it. I think he found it very difficult to integrate in a community that was very polarised about him and his public relations.

He's enjoying himself and achieving far more than even he imagined and that enjoyment should reflect naturally in his music. He's no longer trying to impress with it, he's no longer trying to wind people up with it. Happy ending.
Anon. Gammer is a snowflake that is all

LeVzi Gammer is playing on (I assume) the dubstep stage at TommorrowLand, so he's doing just fine off the backs of the hardcore people who made him.

Personally I hope he falls off the stage. He's a prick, always was.
trippnface interesting opinions from people that are not as big of dicks as us :

"Yes, I know. I was a huge fan for many years. He?s not one anymore and has made it clear that he?s moved away from the genre. So I?m not exactly thrilled to see him and a DJ who uses hardstyle as a surprise drop listed on the basscon lineup. Especially if they?re taking the spot of an actual hard dance DJ. "

"I?m sorry. Unpopular opinion:

I used to love Gammer. He was my favorite ****ing DJ. His talent is insane, and his songs and mixes were all 🔥🔥🔥. But then he stopped playing UK Hardcore. He started playing Dub drops in Hardcore songs. Then he started counting down to his drops. Like every. Single. One. And he started to play pretty much 10% UK Hardcore in his sets.

Now I?m all for a DJ progressing, and finding themselves. But at what point do you stop accepting bookings for genres that you don?t play anymore?

I?m a fan of Hardstyle, and Hardcore, and most Hard Dance in general. And I don?t know why the only Hard Dance festival in the US (run by Insomniac) Project: Z, is doing a B2B with two DJs that don?t play full Hard Dance sets. It?s annoying.

/rant"

lol. even mainstream ravers are over his ********. they are echoing the same complaints we had years ago. safe to say, he ****ed up
djDMS DJ's wanted for Hard dance festivals. Must be able to give up all artistic integrity and use a microphone. Some mixing skills an advantage.
Sulphurik He's back with a hardcore track This Is The End
https://www.beatport.com/release/this-is-the-end/2684623
djDMS ...and it's not terrible.
SparkzMusic Oh c'mon it's a bag of sh!t.

Melody is yawn. Very similar to 1 or 2 melodies used in Plus System/Scott Brown tracks. The first thing that came into my head when I heard this is "plus system melody" so must be similar to one of those.

It's very much one of those boring chord structures.

The way it's produced with that boring, overused melody, is that unless someone likes the vocal song (total tripe, whiny, crap, modern pop/rock/acoustic) there's no point hearing any of it as it hasn't got much else going for it.

Surely it's a huge step back? Gammer's melodies used to be quite complex, energetic, with plenty of variation.

Ah well, no doubt it will sell loads of copies and have a bunch of kids saying how great it is.
djDMS
quote:
Oh c'mon it's a bag of sh!t.

Melody is yawn. Very similar to 1 or 2 melodies used in Plus System/Scott Brown tracks. The first thing that came into my head when I heard this is "plus system melody" so must be similar to one of those.

The way it's produced with that boring, overused melody, is that unless someone likes the vocal song (total tripe, whiny, crap, modern pop/rock/acoustic) there's no point hearing any of it as it hasn't got much else going for it.

Surely it's a huge step back? Gammer's melodies used to be quite complex, energetic, with plenty of variation.

Ah well, no doubt it will sell loads of copies and have a bunch of kids saying how great it is.

Compared to what he's done recently it's an improvement. Is it anything new? Nope! It might sound like everything else but it doesn't drive me mad so I stand by what I said. The days of me expecting anything special from him are long gone.
Samination
quote:

You act like Gammer has never sounded like Scott Brown before?
Hard2Get It's not my type of thing (I'm not into the modern sound) but even so i think the breakdown is excellent. For someone who is into that sound it must be even better. It's a strong sounding tune to me.
LeVzi What a fking horrible track. When will that kinda hardcore just die off.

Interesting title though, this is the end, fingers crossed aye. (Of his hardcore career before the PC brigade infer im talking about him topping himself)
trippnface it has the appearance of being acceptable, but only due to the severe amount of trash he has produced for so long.

it's very meh
SparkzMusic
quote:
quote:

You act like Gammer has never sounded like Scott Brown before?

But at very least it was fresher?

Imitating the style at the time with very similar melodies is fine (Impact and co for example.... "spending my time", "Someday").

I guess as those Impact tracks where partly melody production and partly the epic vocal and chord arrangement you could get away with a few now. AS long as the production is there.

Gammer's track is effectively like someone now saying "I'm gonna do a version of "your my angel", same melody and chords, 1 or 2 notes changed, Here you go".

It's boring, so typical and plain.

kotu Gammer doesn't exist!
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by kotu:
Gammer doesn't exist!

Does anything you post make any sense?
MichaelFairways
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
quote:
Originally posted by kotu:
Gammer doesn't exist!

Does anything you post make any sense?

To be fair Si I am pretty sure you post a lot of your comments on here just to get your post count up. Everywhere i seem to look on this forum your name is there, spamming the hell out of this forum my ladd
djDMS How dare you mock Si in that way!

Some of those 15 year old topics needed reviving, and I love knowing how many times his cat farted last Wednesday.
kotu HEY EVERYONE check out tune by dj gammer called bassik i made it thanks made it quick

It took 2.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page