Radio listeners 150+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 New HU Goodies!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
GrahamC I'm really excited for these!!

Pre-Order Now - Digital Live Tuesday April 2nd
The Second F&B Anthology Of Digital Re-Masters On 24/7 Hardcore

With the popularity of re-mastered and digitally sourced Happy Hardcore increasing all the time, our efforts as a collective of labels to preserve and make available as much quality music from the past as possible continues with the much anticipated release of the second Fade & Bananaman anthology. CDs ship the week of April 19th.

01. Evolve - Living The Dream
02. Silk Cuts 3A
03. Fade & Bananaman feat. Abbey - Dream Surprise
04. Dougal & Mickey Skeedale - Seven Ways (Bananaman Remix)
05. Silk Cuts 8A
06. Sharkey & Dee - Can Can You Do It
07. Interstate - Lost Generation (Fade & Bananaman Remix)
08. Vinylgroover - Always & Forever (Fade & Bananaman Remix)
09. Metropolis - Is This Love (Album Mix)
10. Silk Cuts 10A
11. Druid & Bananaman - Tweedle Dee
12. Hixxy & Bananaman - Welcome To The Future

The Second DJ Storm Anthology Of Digital Re-Masters On 24/7 Hardcore

The second of this month's new pre-sale items from 24/7 Hardcore is another collection of digitally re-mastered classics courtesy of Al Storm (under his original 90's DJ Storm alias). CDs ship the week of April 19th.

01. DJ Storm feat. Claire Sheridan - Funky Drums
02. DJ Storm - Darkzone (12" Mix - feat. Luna-C)
03. DJ Storm - Kickin' Hard (feat. Fade)
04. DJ Storm - The Piano Track (feat. Herman & Spinback)
05. DJ Storm - Boom (The Bomb!)
06. DJ Storm - The Final Conflict
07. DJ Storm feat. Lisa Abbott - Favourite Game
08. DJ Storm - Fallen Angel (feat. Devastate)
09. DJ's Unite - Volume 1A (DJ Storm Remix)
10. Dougal & Mickey Skeedale - Life Is Like A Dance (DJ Storm Remix)
11. Force & Evolution - Perfect Dreams (DB7 & DJ Storm Remix)
12. DJ Storm - Ravers Choice 8.5 (Imagination)
Si Thompson I have Vibes's dubplate of this 'DJ Storm - Ravers Choice 8.5 (Imagination) '.
Samination Would definitly had prefered Dreamin' over Can Can You Do It
Triquatra Absolutely brilliant! :D
Dookie77 Was hoping Silk Cuts would have its own release. I just hope 4 & 5 are on the Vol.3, and maybe Voodoo Posse - Love Is remix!
warped_candykid Getting the Fade & Bananaman one!

I am curious about that DJ Storm - Favorite Game track though!
GrahamC
quote:
Originally posted by Dookie77:
Was hoping Silk Cuts would have its own release. I just hope 4 & 5 are on the Vol.3, and maybe Voodoo Posse - Love Is remix!

Me too but I reckon there are probably some massive licensing issues with some of those tracks. I could be wrong, I'm no expert but if I am right...

What could be a nice idea is a freebie 'Anthology EP' given away for nothing that plugs all of the Silk Cuts gaps :-)
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Would definitly had prefered Dreamin' over Can Can You Do It

Dreamin?? Are you referring to Living the dream?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:
Would definitly had prefered Dreamin' over Can Can You Do It

Dreamin?? Are you referring to Living the dream?

The B-side to Can Can You Do It
Craig Cairney Is 'The Final Conflict' on this one again? I can only assume that's a tracklisting error.
alstorm yeah that was my bad, be corrected later
Craig Cairney Definitely hoping to see your 'Sub Dub' remix feature on the next volume.
alstorm
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
Definitely hoping to see your 'Sub Dub' remix feature on the next volume.

probably mate, I do have 99% of my catalogue just feeding it out as I do the volumes :)

as long as they keep selling enough to make it worth the pain recording and sourcing anyway! haha
MusicILove Will the anthology's go digital only when CD's are sold out? Or is it CD only (asking for a friend)
Brainchild Just wondering whether the digital downloads have been made available yet, as I received a Hardcore Underground newsletter promoting both anthologies and stating that the downloads are now live, yet I cannot find them in my downloads.
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
Just wondering whether the digital downloads have been made available yet, as I received a Hardcore Underground newsletter promoting both anthologies and stating that the downloads are now live, yet I cannot find them in my downloads.

Our apologies, there was an issue with the files being made live on the website. The issue has now been resolved and everyone who has purchased the items should be able to download the digital versions from their accounts right now!

Chwhynny @ Hardcore Underground from CDJay's account (he left himself logged in on my phone)
Dookie77 Nothing gone live my end.
CDJay I set the release date for the physical release date 😂

Fixed, should be live!

CDJay
fender2k1
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I set the release date for the physical release date 😂

Fixed, should be live!

CDJay

still not seeing the F&B one in my downloads. any ideas?
can't speak to the Storm one.

edit: just refreshed and it's there.
kazukism92 Oh geesus, when HU drops the green line to the HH FOUR CDs, I'll start to pick the Anthologies. My life needs learn and grow to the classic happy hardcore era.

Not miss on this one!
Craigavon raver Ordered these a few weeks ago, still haven't arrived yet :p

And i'm just curious in what the hell sharkey & dee has got to do with fade & bananaman? lol and like wise with storm and ravers choice, as ravers choice was obviously vibes & wishdokta
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
Ordered these a few weeks ago, still haven't arrived yet :p

And i'm just curious in what the hell sharkey & dee has got to do with fade & bananaman? lol and like wise with storm and ravers choice, as ravers choice was obviously vibes & wishdokta

Have a guess who Dee was...
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:

Have a guess who Dee was...

Fade? lol somethings telling me bananaman's first name was darren lol
djDMS Yeah, it's Bananaman
Craigavon raver
quote:
Yeah, it's Bananaman

Oh right, mystery solved lol
LeVzi I thought Bananamans first name was Eric ?
Samination Are you thinking of Eric Bana?
alstorm
quote:

Lol i made that particular ravers choice release that was on an early bonkers, vibes didn?t do all the ravers choice, Faber I believe did 7 or someone else, vibes never engineered so someone else was always involved .. Dee / big-d / = bananaman alias

Boooooom x

trippnface Curious about the Warped Science package, is there no "unreleased" material or anything like that? It says the entire label discography, which is dope, though some of the other big HU packages have loads of unreleased tracks or whatever.

Did warped science actually handle business so good they didn't have any unreleased stuff, or what?
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
Curious about the Warped Science package, is there no "unreleased" material or anything like that? It says the entire label discography, which is dope, though some of the other big HU packages have loads of unreleased tracks or whatever.

Did warped science actually handle business so good they didn't have any unreleased stuff, or what?

Considering Al Storm runs both 24/7 and Warped Science, I dont think he has that many unreleased stuff.
Hard2Get
quote:

That is totally possible yes.
alstorm
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

there is some in there I think, though there was a stack of scatty digital releases, I had to tidy the catalogue and complete it where id missed some catalogue numbers! if I do find anything though ill be adding it to the HU bundle.. bound to be some extra mixes or stuff I've forgotten when I scan through my old drives! .. some of the .unreleased' bits ended up on 24/7 which was what formed from the end of warped :-)

Si Thompson
quote:

there is some in there I think, though there was a stack of scatty digital releases, I had to tidy the catalogue and complete it where id missed some catalogue numbers! if I do find anything though ill be adding it to the HU bundle.. bound to be some extra mixes or stuff I've forgotten when I scan through my old drives! .. some of the .unreleased' bits ended up on 24/7 which was what formed from the end of warped :-)

Any updates on your remix of 'Have It All'? Or Scott Brown's remix of 'Kickin' Hard'?
CDJay Very impending.

CDJay
djDMS Some truly ridiculous tracks on Warped science, been listening to nothing else all week.

Some of those tunes are crying out for a 2019 update.....
CDJay Whatever perceived failures, we have carried, to date, will be explained and justified soon. We're the good guys: the false prophets demonstrably do and will never do anything. It's genre resurgence time. Minus the overpriced entitled dickheads who killed it. Trust 😂

CDJay
Si Thompson
quote:
Whatever perceived failures, we have carried, to date, will be explained and justified soon. We're the good guys: the false prophets demonstrably do and will never do anything. It's genre resurgence time. Minus the overpriced entitled dickheads who killed it. Trust 😂

CDJay

The only item i've had to wait for was the Noofie CD, which didn't bother me anyway. I'm loving the bundles and anthology series.
CDJay There's only 16 copies of that left. It's never been reduced / on sale. Traumatic to do, but so happy we did it!

CDJay
shades316 Have the F&B and Stompy Session 2 CDs shipped now?

CDJay We had to rebuild the f&b one due to an issue identified from the digital release. Will be shipping in a fortnight approx. Then we won't be doing pre orders anymore 😂

CDJay
MusicILove Noofie CD? Am I missing something
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by alstorm:
quote:
quote:

sweeet
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
Noofie CD? Am I missing something

Si Thompson
quote:

Yes. You are..
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
quote:

Yes. You are..

What am I missing? I have no idea what a Noofie CD is?
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes. You are..

NuFoundation
MusicILove
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes. You are..

NuFoundation

Oh I thought for a moment that there was a CD I had missed. I got it when it came out. In your head, Power of goodbye (Nu Foundation Mix) & Move your body are my top 3 favourite tracks from that album.
alstorm
quote:
quote:

Any updates on your remix of 'Have It All'? Or Scott Brown's remix of 'Kickin' Hard'?

yes, many :D

MusicILove I notice that Torn (Breeze & Styles Remix) isn't in the 24/7 Hardcore bundle. Not a complaint just an observation for anyone who want's it.
djDMS
quote:
I notice that Torn (Breeze & Styles Remix) isn't in there. Not a complaint just an observation for anyone who want's it.

In where?
MusicILove
quote:
quote:
I notice that Torn (Breeze & Styles Remix) isn't in there. Not a complaint just an observation for anyone who want's it.

In where?

Just updated it. I meant in the 24/7 hardcore bundle. Sorry. I'm half asleep.
djDMS Haven't looked through the whole thing, is the other Remix reloaded stuff there?
MusicILove
quote:
Haven't looked through the whole thing, is the other Remix reloaded stuff there?

Doesn't look like it. :(
djDMS Not surprisingly really.
MusicILove Also in the 24/7 Hardcore bundle. Al Storm - Shadows (Minus D&B Edit) has some very loud crackling in the high's.
Samination Why would Torn be on an Al Storm bundle anyways? that remix was of a cover made by Pastis & Buenri :P
MusicILove
quote:
Why would Torn be on an Al Storm bundle anyways? that remix was of a cover made by Pastis & Buenri :P

Because it was released on 24/7 hardcore digitally.
Samination
quote:
quote:
Why would Torn be on an Al Storm bundle anyways? that remix was of a cover made by Pastis & Buenri :P

Because it was released on 24/7 hardcore digitally.

ah yea, forgot that those were released digitally twice
alstorm Remix Reloaded was still a separate label, there was some reloaded EP's but they weren't technically 24/7 just EP's with the prefix 247 as they were sub licensed, same goes for 24/7 quosh / supersonik /
The 24/7 bundle is a specific bundle of the first '100' singles / catalogue, not a completionist style release as the label is still going strong .. :-)
CDJay A positive Al Storm is 100% a sign of coming armageddon. Good thing we're stopping doing pre orders 😂😉😘

CDJay
Coolgamer Is the 24/7 Hardcore Flac or mp3?
Samination WAV or MP3 you mean?
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Coolgamer:
Is the 24/7 Hardcore Flac or mp3?

.wav files; the default is mixes are single .mp3 files and single tracks are .wav

Eventually we plan to offer options! (both exist on the server, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement)

CDJay
Coolgamer
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Coolgamer:
Is the 24/7 Hardcore Flac or mp3?

.wav files; the default is mixes are single .mp3 files and single tracks are .wav

Eventually we plan to offer options! (both exist on the server, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement)

CDJay

In that case you might want to edit the store page, since Discogs lists the release as mp3.

I'll probably be picking up both packs soon.
Samination that's like telling someone to act like their wikipedia page :P
Coolgamer
quote:
that's like telling someone to act like their wikipedia page :P

No, I mean that the store page simply says to check discogs for track info, but the discogs for the label has everything listed as mp3.

If they are indeed in .wav format, it's probably a good idea to edit the store description to reflect that, as I for one avoid mp3 releases whenever possible. As an audiophile, .wav or .flac releases are ones I'm more likely to seriously invest in.
CDJay I'll update the listing with a full tracklist 😉
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
I'm really excited for these!!

With the popularity of re-mastered and digitally sourced Happy Hardcore increasing all the time, our efforts as a collective of labels to preserve and make available as much quality music from the past as possible continues with the much anticipated release of the second Fade & Bananaman anthology. CDs ship the week of April 19th.

02. Silk Cuts 3A
05. Silk Cuts 8A
10. Silk Cuts 10A

The second of this month's new pre-sale items from 24/7 Hardcore is another collection of digitally re-mastered classics courtesy of Al Storm (under his original 90's DJ Storm alias). CDs ship the week of April 19th.

Did someone forget to remaster these as unlike the other projects as many of the tracks are very quiet? Even on the same album, the clarity and volume labels are way out on most of the tracks and the odd one will be a lot more what i expected (I.E the sharkey back catalogue).
Coolgamer
quote:
I'll update the listing with a full tracklist 😉

That would be super helpful, thanks.

Also, just to verify, there's no time limit on the other label releases like there is on the Stompin Choonz, right? I need to pace myself with ordering.
CDJay It's only the JAL and stompin choonz we have time limited licences for. The rest will stay online as long as the rights holders are happy for that to be the case 😉

CDJay
Coolgamer Since I'm a fool that is spending money like it's my last days on Earth, I bought all the label releases except for the 24/7 Hardcore one, gonna wait for the tracklist on that.

Now to decide which physical discs to get... a few on your store have my eye but there's a bunch of imports I want to preserve as well.

Sucks being in the States sometimes, I've had too many damaged packages from people not packing well or just the post hating my efforts.
Brainchild
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
I'm really excited for these!!

02. Silk Cuts 3A
05. Silk Cuts 8A
10. Silk Cuts 10A

Did someone forget to remaster these as unlike the other projects as many of the tracks are very quiet? Even on the same album, the clarity and volume labels are way out on most of the tracks and the odd one will be a lot more what i expected (I.E the sharkey back catalogue).

I just want to ask whether anyone else has a problem with a couple of tracks. Fade & Bananaman - Dream Surprise seems to have a slight pause at the 4:31 mark and there's a error towards the end of DJ's Unite - Volume 1 (Storm remix) too.
djDMS Yep, same on mine
Brainchild I hope they noticed this before the CDs went into manufacturing. Though I am surprised they never noticed this at the same time as the Silk Cuts 10A error.
CDJay They picked it up at the glass mastering stage, well, the Dream Surprise one anyway. I managed to get them resolved at the 11th hour!

Warped bundle fixes going up now!

On with the rest

CDJay
GrahamC @CDJay - Got a rough posting date for these? I ordered them with HH4, done the downloads etc. but interested to know roughly when the physicals will land!
CDJay Got delayed by the aforementioned audio issues but all three cds should ship tail end of next week. Will have a firm delivery date for btr and vinyls too!

(no fainting) 😂

CDJay
GrahamC BTR - wooooo!

That 4k BD player isn't a waste of money after all
djDMS When Blu the roof arrives I'm not even going to open it. Just going to sleep with it under my pillow for the rest of my life.
trippnface
quote:
Got delayed by the aforementioned audio issues but all three cds should ship tail end of next week. Will have a firm delivery date for btr and vinyls too!

(no fainting) 😂

CDJay

lol. i tried to convince my buudy the other day the delay is better. like i dont even remember the sets now, this is much more interesting.
Freecloud So I think it's been close to 3 years since I paid for the blu the roof hardcore heaven bundle. Is it time for a refund?
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by Freecloud:
So I think it's been close to 3 years since I paid for the blu the roof hardcore heaven bundle. Is it time for a refund?

According to today's HU email, preorders will ship August 31 and Kickstarter backers will receive it well before.
Freecloud Ya I have a whole folder of emails from their support promising its shipping soon. They have been lieing and stealing peoples money for 4 years.
djDMS Stop talking out of your arse
GrahamC
quote:
Ya I have a whole folder of emails from their support promising its shipping soon. They have been lieing and stealing peoples money for 4 years.

If you were a Kickstarter backer then even if any project you back comes to nothing there is no obligation from either Kickstarter or the people running the project to return any funds.

https://help.kickstarter.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005048173-Can-Kickstarter-refund-the-money-if-a-project-is-unable-to-fulfill-

If you pre-ordered it from the store, just ask for your money back without posting it on a public forum. If they refuse and you exhaust all avenues to resolve the situation then at a very big stretch you could say they stole from you but you wouldn't garner yourself much if any support shouting the odds about it.

TL:DR Stop talking out of your arse
CDJay No-one is more sorry about the delays than I. It was my idea, I've shepherded it, and ultimately the blame is entirely on me.

That said.....

We did the filming in 2015, it became clear quite quickly that the sheer size of the files and work required meant Xmas 2015 was absolutely impractical. We'd spent almost the entirety of funds on filming, figuring the ultimate project costs (at this point intended to be a simple home grown blu ray). This was heavily compounded by a sudden premises move (my first since 99) which meant the room we needed for multichannel audio was ripped to pieces. It was mid 2016 before we got the room up and running again.

By the end of 2016 things looked really good, all the editing had been done and we'd got ready to ship the first Hardcore Heaven album. It was around then that HTID was sold, and it became very clear that we (HU/F&D) were not going to factor into any of their plans. This caused no end of internal hand wringing. Due to the already seismic length of the delay, it was decided to use our incredibly high quality assets to overdeliver and move to a 4k/HDR workflow. We'd delivered the Gammer/Whizzkid set to them both at a Ravers Reunited and waited over a month for sign off. Then Gammer essentially told me to piss off, forever, when chased. That set contains a fair few things that need clearing, one of which is actually unclearable under *any circumstances*

In April 2017, I managed to scale up the significant monies to get the grading done @ Technicolor and take our 7.1 stems and rework into Atmos at Point1Post. Knowing we'd still have a significant lead time with authoring I setup a cinema premiere (it's very easy to fold a Rec2020 HDR grade into DCI-P3) to demonstrate the essential completion of the project. This was when we figured it was done, and put the BTR/HH2 bundle up for pre-sale.

At this premiere the video was fantastic, but the audio wasn't. It was clear something had gone wrong. We had to halt the manufacturing workflow and investigate. After continued non contact it was also decided to remove the Gammer set from the disc itself.

HH2 had slightly underperformed, thanks to a reduction in industry support, and we didn't have many projects left. It was clear we'd still need at least another ?10k to get it reauthored, fix the audio, get the BBFC Video certificate and then manufacture.

That's when I decided to do the Sharkey album. This took until, literally, Dec 22nd. Ganar kicked off on the 23rd. A continual barrage of slanderous ill informed crap was unleashed exactly at the moment I was most burned out. Nonetheless, we got the audio fixed at the start of the year and arranged another Stateside premiere to demonstrate progress. The day of collection for shipping, the PSU for the DCP exploded. I then had to go down to Technicolor again, and get another DCP created (at no small cost). This then had to be shipped same day to San Francisco with causal loss insurance. That was a larger cost. The premiere went fine, and all audio issues reported resolved.

Ganar continued. By March 2018 I had a full blown mental breakdown. Other projects weren't being actioned, cash flow diminished. The label was looking likely to shut down. The person who set Ganar on us had also spent years behind the scenes blame shifting his own practices and undermining us on all sides. The damage to every aspect of our business and minds is incalculable. I went on holiday, my first in many moons. Then I got home and found out my house insurance had lapsed (annual renewal) and two jackdaws had got down the chimney, behind the projector screen, and beat themselves to death whilst defecating everywhere. 29k of damage. I got the room up and running again a month ago.

Nonetheless, we kept on keeping on LARGELY so we could deliver. Even if that meant HU then folded and F&D went off to do something else none of us wanted to leave this unfinished. It is worth noting that a LOT of KS projects are late, and a fair few fail to deliver. The whole point of KS is to enable people to do something otherwise unlikely to happen. There's no doubt that we underestimated the demands, then I introduced scope creep, but as anyone at the cinema premieres will tell you it IS by far the best example of anything like it. I've never mentioned this before, but back when first grading we had interest from Netflix which would have been a "game changer". C'est la vie.

We've piloted the ship back on course to the point that not only can we deliver BTR reliably (I've built in lots of extra time, but I'm more than confident that we've got everything right and ready) but HU itself will survive. Hell, it might even thrive with what we're doing later in the year and beyond. For now, we're ALL entirely aware this has been a yoke around our neck, a stick used to beat us with, and literally no-one else who was supposed to be involved in the project has done ANYTHING yet get harangued not a jot.

If you want a refund, that's fine, but we've committed to a specific release window for a reason. It's done. It'll be back before the mooted date.

CDJay

djDMS That's quite a sobering read.

Damn you and your honesty!

I'll put money on the fools complaining (liars and thieves, really?) being the same people who blindly follow those false prophets who give precisely zero ****s about their fans and the scene that made them.
CDJay Weird; typing it makes me want to down vodka!

You can tell I'm back on form, simply because I survived doing the JAL bundle. There's loads of cool stuff lined up later in the year (HH LA is just the start....) and whilst we're very keen to archive the historical labels and present them as best we're nonetheless going to have another 2016ish upfront push at year end. A triumvirate of projects that may yet resurrect the slumbering corpse of a scene we currently occupy. We'll see. Worth a last go, I say Something fun to end the year, too.

CDJay
danielseven Wow, Jon, I had literally little to no idea you had to go through this. I can't even imagine the amount of stress you went through.

But as you're stubborn, and now, it's shown that HU is doing some amazing things (I like the complete bundle ideas, even if I might not be able to buy them) - and you managed to survive this wave, like Rambo.

We can expect great projects in future from Hardcore Underground. Just stop involving people that cause drama, and INVOLVE more the artists that are dedicated. I'm ready for it.
trippnface
quote:
Ya I have a whole folder of emails from their support promising its shipping soon. They have been lieing and stealing peoples money for 4 years.

Can you read?

Go talk shit to Gammer, like a normal person.
Impulse_Response Sounds like you've been through a lot CDJay! If you're ever in Houston you can stay for free at my place.

Could you do another backer survey before you ship? I was still in college when I signed up for this and I've moved three times since then. I have no clue what address I put on there but I've had other hardcore albums get shipped to the wrong place.
CDJay Waaay ahead of you, I would never presume people remained static for that length of time.

The Site is being uncooperative; could you DM me so I can send you a track to test?

CDJay
Coolgamer Jeez. Glad things are at least looking a bit upwards. I'll always be curious as to just what the unclearable bit was.

Hopefully Ikstra turns up again near the ship date, I was hoping to get one of those ambassador sets.
CDJay I can always put a message in when I ship to him 😉

The unclearable bit is Nobody Said It Is Easy. There's literally zero percent chance 😂

CDJay
CDJay
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
Sounds like you've been through a lot CDJay! If you're ever in Houston you can stay for free at my place.

Could you do another backer survey before you ship? I was still in college when I signed up for this and I've moved three times since then. I have no clue what address I put on there but I've had other hardcore albums get shipped to the wrong place.

Will do a backer survey towards the end of July, you'd figure some people might have moved in the lengthy interim 😂😉

CDJay
Craigavon raver Whats going on with these anthologies? I still haven't received my copies ( along with hh4, vinylgroover, and gfte) I thought these where meant to ship a few weeks ago, seen something on facebook or somewhere
Craigavon raver
quote:
Got delayed by the aforementioned audio issues but all three cds should ship tail end of next week. Will have a firm delivery date for btr and vinyls too!

(no fainting) 😂

CDJay

Just seeing this post now, but as already mentioned still haven't received my order, did the cds end up shipping?
LeVzi
quote:

If this is the case, and it seems so, I dont blame this guy for being pissed off, and going public. I wouldn't wait 4 months let alone 4 years before getting on the their case about it.
Samination Well, no one have gotten the BTR stuff, but CDJay hasnt been stealing everyones money for 4 years (kind hard when it's a kickstarter thing... when the goal date has been reached, they wont accept any more money after all...)
kazukism92
quote:
Well, no one have gotten the BTR stuff, but CDJay hasnt been stealing everyones money for 4 years (kind hard when it's a kickstarter thing... when the goal date has been reached, they wont accept any more money after all...)

Not yet, even my stuff ordered back in January and April from this year (... come on guys :'( ).
Vladel HU Site is down
MusicILove It?s back up
MusicILove Just looked and my order hasn?t shipped yet. Their Facebook page said CD?s were arriving this week. That was 8 days ago this week. However none yet. The backlog of things they owe people is getting out of hand. They need to get everyone their stuff BEFORE announcing any new projects.
djDMS I have no problem whatsoever waiting for CD'S when I have the digital files already.

I understand the frustration but for me it's a minor inconvenience.

Obviously BTR and other stuff are another story but I'm absolutely positive that HU aren't sitting on a big pile of money and unsent orders while laughing at us.
Samination in the end, quite a lot of us end up ripping the CD's anyways, so I'm glad I can get digital version first (and in wav too!)
djDMS I love getting CDs, but unless I know theres anything to read/look at inside I don't bother opening most once I receive them.
Craigavon raver
quote:
I have no problem whatsoever waiting for CD'S when I have the digital files already.

I understand the frustration but for me it's a minor inconvenience.

Obviously BTR and other stuff are another story but I'm absolutely positive that HU aren't sitting on a big pile of money and unsent orders while laughing at us.

I never listen to the digital files! every hu order I've ever got with digital files I've never opened up once, only the cds I listen to
Craigavon raver And I obviously know i'll receive my order was just wondering what was going on as cdjay said at the june, that the cds will be shipping next week, which obviously they didn't
MusicILove The digital files are nice to have but I?m unwell at the moment and I haven?t turned my computer on in a few weeks.I like having CD?s so I can listen to them when I?m unwell.

I think this will be my last order in a long time from HU. I wasn?t a fan of hardcore heaven 4 It makes me feel tired and after listening to the new HU podcast. If that first track that was played at 1 minute 50 seconds is the new direction of hardcore then I?m done it was awful. Just a load of horrible Gammer noise.

Give me a reverse bass, supersaw and a good vocalist any day. I?m done with new hardcore.

One of my favourite tracks. Got the full version off an all around the world CD.

And of course I love old happy hardcore.
MusicILove Another fault
Dream surprise has a gap in it and an iPhone receiving an email noise at the very end.
With this the silk cuts 10A issue and the new Vinylgroover tracks with their cut off intros I'm starting to think they don't listen to music before they put it out. How could you not notice this.
Anon. Have you considered going outside and getting some fresh air ? Maybe talk to other humans ?
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by Anon.:
Have you considered going outside and getting some fresh air ? Maybe talk to other humans ?

I?ll respond appropriately later.
djDMS
quote:
Another fault
Dream surprise has a gap in it and an iPhone receiving an email noise at the very end.
With this the silk cuts 10A issue and the new Vinylgroover tracks with their cut off intros I'm starting to think they don't listen to music before they put it out. How could you not notice this.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. But I'm only just noticing things in tracks I've already listened to several times
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Anon.:
Have you considered going outside and getting some fresh air ? Maybe talk to other humans ?

Have you considered not copy-pasting whatever Thumpa wrote? :P
Craigavon raver So what is the craic with these cds then? got an e-mail of hardcore underground over a month ago saying they'd be shipping the first week of October, and now where near the end of October, and I still haven't got mine! let me guess " delayed again"
MusicILove I believe they are waiting for the CD?s. They had to change pressing plants, and I suspect they were not top of the list at this new place. I?m sure they will come eventually. Now as for my TNC clock and T-Shirt that?s a different story.
Craigavon raver
quote:
I believe they are waiting for the CD?s. They had to change pressing plants, and I suspect they were not top of the list at this new place. I?m sure they will come eventually. Now as for my TNC clock and T-Shirt that?s a different story.

Yeah I know, it did mention that in the e-mail, but think it mentioned they had the cds already, or maybe not, that's why I thought they'd mentioned first week in October, well anyhow, hopefully in time for Christmas again
MusicILove
quote:
quote:
I believe they are waiting for the CD?s. They had to change pressing plants, and I suspect they were not top of the list at this new place. I?m sure they will come eventually. Now as for my TNC clock and T-Shirt that?s a different story.

Yeah I know, it did mention that in the e-mail, but think it mentioned they had the cds already, or maybe not, that's why I thought they'd mentioned first week in October, well anyhow, hopefully in time for Christmas again

Christmas is looking less and less likely. They sent out the 24/7 all stars CD?s A few weeks ago which were also delayed because of the anthologies I think. Would be nice if they told us whats happening. They should say something publicly.
GrahamC
quote:
quote:
quote:

Christmas is looking less and less likely. They sent out the 24/7 all stars CD?s A few weeks ago which were also delayed because of the anthologies I think. Would be nice if they told us whats happening. They should say something publicly.

+1

A bit like BtR I have written these off in terms of seeing any return on my payment.

Sadly there is no comeback through the bank or Paypal as I used my debit card.

Everybody deserves to be trusted until they give you a reason not to and HU have given several reasons now not to trust them!

Which sucks because if there is a HH6 or anything else I don't think I have it in me to potentially waste any more money :(
silentinstinct I wish i could buy digital only and not waste shipping money if it?s not being shipped
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by silentinstinct:
I wish i could buy digital only and not waste shipping money if it?s not being shipped

You can buy 24/7 Hardcore releases digitally from here. The items that are digital have digital download at the end of the title. Wish this was around when these anthologies were released.

HU have now put me off CDs.

https://www.247hardcore.co.uk

Sometimes it's cheaper than HU.

I still wouldn't buy CDs from here because they come from the same place as HU so they will face the same delays. Unless I'm wrong about that. That would be very annoying if the orders from here have already shipped when the HU ones haven't.

kazukism92 Another month has passed and I didn't STILL received the Fracus & Darwin's 5th album, DJ Tools 6 (and any stuff that I requested that I don't remember as well) and HH4.

At least, I received stuff from Stamina Records and Scarred Digital recently, so there is a big problem coming at HU.

BTW, no plans to give up until I see a decent answer coming from any dude from HU, instead to keep us in seen or didn't care.

PLUS if is there a Hardcore Heaven incoming, I'll ask to the guest, sadly HU is making the stuff worse every month :(.
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
Another month has passed and I didn't STILL received the Fracus & Darwin's 5th album, DJ Tools 6 (and any stuff that I requested that I don't remember as well) and HH4.

At least, I received stuff from Stamina Records and Scarred Digital recently, so there is a big problem coming at HU.

BTW, no plans to give up until I see a decent answer coming from any dude from HU, instead to keep us in seen or didn't care.

PLUS if is there a Hardcore Heaven incoming, I'll ask to the guest, sadly HU is making the stuff worse every month :(.

I don?t think there will be an answer. If we get one it?ll be oh it was everyone else?s fault and they couldn?t do anything about it. There?s only so much sympathy I can give to them and so many times I can believe we did everything we can but. Not that I?m saying they?re doing this on purpose but what I am saying is that it seems to be a very ?mismanaged? company and nothing has changed in years despite all of the promises.
DJ Bounce
quote:
quote:
Another month has passed and I didn't STILL received the Fracus & Darwin's 5th album, DJ Tools 6 (and any stuff that I requested that I don't remember as well) and HH4.

I don?t think there will be an answer. If we get one it?ll be oh it was everyone else?s fault and they couldn?t do anything about it. There?s only so much sympathy I can give to them and so many times I can believe we did everything we can but. Not that I?m saying they?re doing this on purpose but what I am saying is that it seems to be a very ?mismanaged? company and nothing has changed in years despite all of the promises.

What the hell do you use for an apostrophe? All I ever see is question marks.
kazukism92
quote:
quote:

Third Party problems like
- Postal Service Problems and other dispatchment issues (Like happened to me)
- Pressing plants
- Copyright (duh)
- The Blu Ray Delay effect (hello BtR).

Sometimes, HU should stop for a while and solve the issues that does have the people atm and even the promises, before to drop projects like the Entity's new album, Future Breakz 4th album and... **waits for another project... HHU2?**

OffTopic: @DJ Bounce: LOL, i was going to say that xD. But @Music I Love, fix your keyboard setup, for the good sake :).
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Bounce:
quote:
quote:

What the hell do you use for an apostrophe? All I ever see is question marks.

It happens when posting from IOS devices I don?t know how to fix it. Apart from editing the posts when I?m on the computer.
MusicILove Here are all the special characters and what they show up as
- hyphen
/ forward slash
: colon
; semi colon
( left bracket
) right bracket
? pound sign
& ampersand
@ at
? quotation marks
. full stop
, comma
? question mark
! Exclamation mark
? flying comma or apostrophe
silentinstinct
quote:
quote:
I wish i could buy digital only and not waste shipping money if it?s not being shipped

You can buy 24/7 Hardcore releases digitally from here. The items that are digital have digital download at the end of the title. Wish this was around when these anthologies were released.

I still wouldn't buy CDs from here because they come from the same place as HU so they will face the same delays. Unless I'm wrong about that. That would be very annoying if the orders from here have already shipped when the HU ones haven't.

i?ll look into it. i bought HH5 bundle only for the digital side of things after reading through everything. if the CDs come in the mail that?s just a bonus to me
MusicILove
quote:
quote:
quote:

i?ll look into it. i bought HH5 bundle only for the digital side of things after reading through everything. if the CDs come in the mail that?s just a bonus to me

Welcome friendly Apple user. :) You chose correctly.

In all seriousness I have no choice but to use an iPhone & IPad android is just inaccessible with speech. Say what you like about Apple but their devices and computers are significantly more accessible than anything anyone else makes. For windows accessibility you need to have around ?500-?1000 lying around and to be able to pay that regularly for updates to the programs and then things like Cubase stop working and you can?t play games on the system because all accessibility software installs a dodgy display driver that ruins any 3D compatibility. Or just completely breaks text altogether.

But why do you need text to display correctly your blind. (That?s what I got from dolphin one of the makers of accessibility software) BAD accessibility software.

All you have to do on a Mac once you?ve ticked the option is hold down control and scroll your mouse Wheel to zoom in and once set up all I have to do is highlight text and press the tab key and it will read exactly what is highlighted to me.

On iOS devices all I have to do is triple press the home button and tap on VoiceOver to enable speech or double tap with three fingers to enable zoom. iOS also has the full text sizing options where you can make your text for everything in the OS and most apps as large as you want and bold.

I?ve tried 2 android phones in the last two years and they?ve both been horrible each time gone back to my iPhone 6s Plus.
Samination
quote:
Here are all the special characters and what they show up as
- hyphen
/ forward slash
: colon
; semi colon
( left bracket
) right bracket
? pound sign
& ampersand
@ at
? quotation marks
. full stop
, comma
? question mark
! Exclamation mark
? flying comma or apostrophe

Straight quotation marks work, ' and "

you can technically make it work if you know the ascii code, but as soon as someone replies or you edit the original post, it will be lost again...
https://ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm
arpz Spoke with them and got my situation resolved, here's a msg from them -

I'm aware that for a time, the shipping wasn't dealt with as reliably as it could have been and some replacemenr / lost orders were missed. However Linda is now dealing with ALL post and has made a concerted effort to comb back through any emails or orders that may have slipped through the net and make sure they're dealt with. Anyone who has not had everything they ordered please contact via the HU FB page or website, and their order will be dealt with quickly and efficiently, and of course we're very sorry for any delays or issues anyone has experienced
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Spoke with them and got my situation resolved, here's a msg from them -

I'm aware that for a time, the shipping wasn't dealt with as reliably as it could have been and some replacemenr / lost orders were missed. However Linda is now dealing with ALL post and has made a concerted effort to comb back through any emails or orders that may have slipped through the net and make sure they're dealt with. Anyone who has not had everything they ordered please contact via the HU FB page or website, and their order will be dealt with quickly and efficiently, and of course we're very sorry for any delays or issues anyone has experienced

They need to come out and say this stuff publicly. There won?t be many people that read this and yet there is probably hundreds still missing their order. They need to put it on their Facebook page and in the newsletter sent all the registered accounts so that everyone knows to contact them. Not that we should have to contact them.
djDMS I honestly have no idea what I've received and what I haven't this past 6 months, I know I'm definitely missing some stuff. Better check...
silentinstinct
quote:

Welcome friendly Apple user. :) You chose correctly.

lol funny. ive been integrated into the iphone ecosystem since the beginning so it would be a headache to change at this point. also the girl im dating said she would never text me if my messages werent green

also im on vacation and usually lurk on my comp. i used to hangout here in 2009 but cant get access to my old account :(
Samination well when it comes to physical, IO have recieved all that I have ordered. When it comes to the digital stuff... now that's a whole other ballgame.
MusicILove
quote:
well when it comes to physical, IO have recieved all that I have ordered. When it comes to the digital stuff... now that's a whole other ballgame.

What are you missing digitally?
GrahamC
quote:

Sent msg on FB, lets wait and see what happens...
kazukism92
quote:
I honestly have no idea what I've received and what I haven't this past 6 months, I know I'm definitely missing some stuff. Better check...

Quickly reminder that was the LTR cleareance, I received "every album" from LTR, except for the Classics. I didn't say nothing because... LATE ISSUES.
Samination
quote:
quote:
well when it comes to physical, IO have recieved all that I have ordered. When it comes to the digital stuff... now that's a whole other ballgame.

What are you missing digitally?

not counting the missing sharkey stuff or the vinylgroover tracks they think they could get, there's parts of JAL that they supposedly had managed to get.
Mad Max Anyone received the Anthology vol 2 cds? Just looked at my orders and I paid in march for them.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
Anyone received the Anthology vol 2 cds? Just looked at my orders and I paid in march for them.

Nope. Think that's what I'm missing
Mad Max
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
Anyone received the Anthology vol 2 cds? Just looked at my orders and I paid in march for them.

Nope. Think that's what I'm missing

These cds seemed to have turned into a bit of a saga. Certainly the most delayed yet..

Sometimes it is frustrating because other things are being worked on. From my guessing the entity album and a future breakz release will drop tomorrow. I will want these muchly but it will pain me paying for them and probably getting them before these!
djDMS Sounds like they're going to be digital only so much easier to get out there
MusicILove I'll contact them tomorrow. Hopefully they will resolve quickly.
MusicILove The Newsletter just went out No mention of the missing stuff but they did say

quote:
AND we've made some of the previously time-limited digital bundles available again ONE LAST TIME to give you the chance to own some amazing back catalogues from Just Another Label and Stompin' Choonz.
The sale includes, for the FIRST time, huge discounts on releases / bundles from Thin & Crispy, Vinylgroover and Sharkey as well as plenty of other releases from earlier in 2019 and prior. YOU'LL NEVER GET THEM THIS CHEAP AGAIN!

You'll also find that many of the above have had fixes and additional content added to them too, now's a good time to jump in and check them out!

Lets see if they have fixed anything.
silentinstinct i?m not getting the newsletter :( so thank you for posting it here
MusicILove
quote:
i?m not getting the newsletter :( so thank you for posting it here

Here is a link to the newsletters.

https://us3.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=e12be8cabc8069efc5224dab8&id=b292bfc02a
kazukism92 A "Lemme breath" effect has been done.
Entity's 2nd album and the fourth Future Breakz installment are out as a digital product. That's right. I only hope that HU gets fixes their situation.

PS: Good news, finally HU has answered and they will deliver tomorrow my CDs :D.
Bad news. Wanted to get some decent albums for this Black Friday but "sup shipping effect price". :(. Time to pass.
Samination Facebook

quote:
Me

Based on the email that got sent out, will we who bought the bundles earlier partake in updates and fixes too? Because so far, I haven't had anything new added to either the VG or JAL bundles since April

quote:
Hardcore Underground

Yes of course, all updates will be universally added to the bundles for all.
Dookie77 So basically they're Black Friday sale is a cash grab to pay for manufacturing for BTR and F&B anthology. Would be nice to know which bundles were updated with fixes and new additions, not expecting anything for the Sharkey bundle though.
Samination from what I've gather, JAL is most likely going to get an update.
Brainchild I totally forgot about the CDs for the second instalments in the anthology series but this is all coming across as a small label that bit off more than they could chew and perhaps are struggling financially.

Bit miffed that neither the Sharkey or Vinylgroover completitionist bundles aren't looking to be updated with any new tracks, or at least fixing the tracks that need fixing. There are a fair few that need sorting.
djDMS There's definitely no issues with postage for items that are in stock. Bought some bits in the sale yesterday and they arrived today.
robertybob
quote:
There's definitely no issues with postage for items that are in stock. Bought some bits in the sale yesterday and they arrived today.

They must love you, my orders have always taken 3-5 working days to arrive
kazukism92
quote:
There's definitely no issues with postage for items that are in stock. Bought some bits in the sale yesterday and they arrived today.

*uck it. Tooks an eternity here.
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:

I just e-mailed them from there contact page on there website, waiting to see what they'll say, getting absolutely ridiculous now! placed my order in march!!
djDMS
quote:
quote:
quote:

I just e-mailed them from there contact page on there website, waiting to see what they'll say, getting absolutely ridiculous now! placed my order in march!!

What did you order?
Coolgamer I'm still waiting on the rest of my massive order. They shipped part of it.
GrahamC So, I didn't realise it had been so long since I created this thread, I knew it had been a while but I just looked and realised I ordered the two CDs on the front page, on or around the 31st March.

It's nearly 9 months gone by with nothing delivered. It's taking the absolute pi$$. I feel rimmed by BTR but it's a kickstarter, not a lot you can do when they take the money and deliver f u ck all but this was a full on store purchase and I got nothing for it.

My new years resolution for 2020 is not to buy anything from HU again, hopefully I can stick to it!
Mickey Init Haven?t seen CDJay post for a while. Is he OK?
djDMS
quote:
So, I didn't realise it had been so long since I created this thread, I knew it had been a while but I just looked and realised I ordered the two CDs on the front page, on or around the 31st March.

It's nearly 9 months gone by with nothing delivered. It's taking the absolute pi$$. I feel rimmed by BTR but it's a kickstarter, not a lot you can do when they take the money and deliver f u ck all but this was a full on store purchase and I got nothing for it.

My new years resolution for 2020 is not to buy anything from HU again, hopefully I can stick to it!

I genuinely can live without a couple of CD's when I already have the digital files.

And I don't even like digital.

Hope you don't miss out on loads of stuff....
GrahamC I have the digitals too, but if it was just the digital I wouldn?t have paid as much!!

More than that, it?s the complete loss of trust! I fully expect HH6 to be announced March/April time and as much as I will want to buy it, there is not trust that if I fork out my 15 squid that I will get the CDs. There are other great products that appear on the site as well but I don?t have money to give away with no guarantee of product.

At one point I was buying everything HU released and putting up with the delays because CDJay came on here and kept us updated but 9 months and vague promises via the HU Facebook messenger, this is a pi$$ take, especially as subsequent albums have been manufactured and mailed AFTER e.g. HH5 which makes me wonder how there can be a manufacturing delay.

CDJay did me an absolute solid when the VG collection was released and I had lost my bank card, I have some serious goodwill towards him and HU but it?s being brutally tested.
DJ Bounce
quote:
quote:
So, I didn't realise it had been so long since I created this thread, I knew it had been a while but I just looked and realised I ordered the two CDs on the front page, on or around the 31st March.

Hope you don't miss out on loads of stuff....

He might only miss out on the excuses as to why things aren't being posted by the looks of it.
djDMS Thanks, I needed his spokesman to clear it up.

We still get the music, personally I can wait for the CD's because I know they WILL arrive eventually.

More important things to worry about to be honest.
trippnface I am a depressed ass mother****er, and need to immediately purchase any music that can lift my spirit. lagging this tough does suck, but as long as i can get my toons asap digitally, that's all i care about. mostly
Brainchild Did they ever update the Fade & Bananaman and Storm Anthology Vol 2 digital tracks as there was a couple of tracks that had errors and the overall sound didn't seem like they had been remastered like the first ones had been. Those CDs never materialised either and there seems to be no sign of any future instalments. Though as this is a project being done by DJ Storm not HU, I don't think it is fair to blame them entirely for these instances.
MusicILove I have given up getting upset about the physical products.

The thing is they have only not sent me what I have purchased on 1 occasion and that was made right by a refund. They have always got the job done in the end. I'm sure they will get everything they owe to us at some point.

The other reason is I got my self another 160GB 6th Generation Slim iPod classic. To replace the one that broke years ago. So now I'm not reliant on CD's. The HI-FI system I listened to my cd's on has a Dock connector on top for old iPods. The digitals are enough for me now but being someone who was reliant on physical I know how frustrating it can be.

They will deliver. They always deliver. I'm sure your grandchildren will bring it to the home when it does arrive.
GrahamC Digital/Physical, it doesn't bother me TBH in terms of playback. My PC plugs into the back of my fairly meaty hifi and just about everything I listen to comes out of that.

What actually irks me is the not getting what I paid for and having no solid idea when/if it will arrive. I know there are those on this forum who believe it will come eventually and their newsletter today alludes to as much as well but 9 months, regardless of the issue is... excessive.

If it had been sold as a digital only product then I would have still bought it and from the newsletter today, that appears to be the model they are going for from now on!

What'd be nice (since CDJay has gone radio silent) is an email to all the people that bought it with a more solid update of what the delay is than "it's coming" every once in a while from them up until fulfilment.

I might buy that HHC Undergroup EP before the year is out, my new years resolution doesn't kick in until next Wednesday :-)
warped_candykid I wish they offer some samples. I want that new HHU EP, but that's a lot of $$$ to shell out for a blind buy.
Samination they usually use soundcloud/podcasts for their samples.

And that new HHU album... do anyone know who the hell Jack in the Box is? With a generic artist name like that, it doesnt make it easy to find out... and Discogs has 15+ entries with artists or bands that calls themselves that.
trippnface
quote:
they usually use soundcloud/podcasts for their samples.

And that new HHU album... do anyone know who the hell Jack in the Box is? With a generic artist name like that, it doesnt make it easy to find out... and Discogs has 15+ entries with artists or bands that calls themselves that.

https://www.facebook.com/paul.parker.9809672?__tn__=K-R&eid=ARDyZr_p2FJ6HUamu_Q1XrgEoYpfSNxMeFSL1TXnHAmuOTtWk7D16AdXUtlGUNYvDP8YGSV-1zfywuaA&fref=mentions&__xts__[0]=68.ARBrA8X2ON9VXwfvnv9t3pSsWkybsgDEYhGdOPRar9WBOi4fHyX_VD5xPxzhbRVVdnLNGn1M4WSCOKy2QRaNCkY0qGRWDT9o1O-IseJRngK_gpD6FqfdTgD845dtFkWO4KM-K5HmoQ-EODq4xIlQGmh1cj_An3T9kHGeaLv7xKhjH-OFutU4vq7ksk_w5TtqhQEWt55yV8cHOxRwleFbWE_sZPqhV6V0KJUSP8Q7fZx9FjUKxdqhsmqMO4Vpf81oywnbmfy-HaJP6jG4DhD8aE5bmEZTSDjwZcHf2uXOu9U4TKkuFchAWBUqe1SrC0Y3EnoFwMcOYzLirXKW8UkJ_gg
Craig Cairney
quote:
they usually use soundcloud/podcasts for their samples.

Jack In Box (aka Paul Parker) has been around for years. Great producer. Future Breakz is a fantastic label and it's nice to see him working with Darwin etc. His label and profile were all over Facebook last time I was on there (start of the year) so he's not that difficult to track down. ;)
Captain Triceps Yeah Jack In Box is superb
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I wish they offer some samples. I want that new HHU EP, but that's a lot of $$$ to shell out for a blind buy.

I have complained about this many times and they don't seem to care. Can't even be arsed to put anything on soundcloud either.

Blind purchases used to be fine with HU but nowadays, they knock out a lot less than they used to and a higher proportion of that tends to be less than what it once was.
warped_candykid
quote:
quote:
I wish they offer some samples. I want that new HHU EP, but that's a lot of $$$ to shell out for a blind buy.

I have complained about this many times and they don't seem to care. Can't even be arsed to put anything on soundcloud either.

Blind purchases used to be fine with HU but nowadays, they knock out a lot less than they used to and a higher proportion of that tends to be less than what it once was.

Exactly my point. They can't rely on their 2006 grounding as an outlet for blind buy trust. I have complained about it as well, and they still don't offer any samples. Heck, it can't be that hard to do post a youtube video of the tracks. It doesn't need any fancy visuals, just the EP cover as the background would suffice. Most of the HU crew are from the 2000s when there would always be samples on juno.co.uk for upcoming CDs, so I don't get it.

Brainchild I shelled out for the HHU Ep 1, wasn't planning to initially but did so and though it isn't bad, to me it all sounds so similar. It's all based on a single style of happy hardcore from 94/95 and most of the tracks do sound incredibly samey partly because of that. Right now, what Storm and the others at 24/7 Hardcore are doing is far more appealing to me and they seem to be creating better happy hardcore remixes/sounding tracks too.
Vladel
quote:
I shelled out for the HHU Ep 1, wasn't planning to initially but did so and though it isn't bad, to me it all sounds so similar. It's all based on a single style of happy hardcore from 94/95 and most of the tracks do sound incredibly samey partly because of that. Right now, what Storm and the others at 24/7 Hardcore are doing is far more appealing to me and they seem to be creating better happy hardcore remixes/sounding tracks too.

I'm glad I didn't buy it to be honest because from the previews it sounds awful.
trippnface
quote:
quote:
I shelled out for the HHU Ep 1, wasn't planning to initially but did so and though it isn't bad, to me it all sounds so similar. It's all based on a single style of happy hardcore from 94/95 and most of the tracks do sound incredibly samey partly because of that. Right now, what Storm and the others at 24/7 Hardcore are doing is far more appealing to me and they seem to be creating better happy hardcore remixes/sounding tracks too.

I'm glad I didn't buy it to be honest because from the previews it sounds awful.

I liked 3 of the tracks enough to buy the thing.

is it just me, or does everything sound really "high"? almost hurts my ears kind of, but other tracks i put on from other labels sound normal at same volume. i think i have heard others complaining about this on other toons from HU, but i don't think ive ever noticed. either im tripping, or this one is like way off.
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What did you order?

I obviously ordered the 2 anthology cds which are giving all the problems, but i also ordered hardcore heaven 4, vinylgroover album and fracus & darwin- greetings from the edge, hu e-mailed me back on the 23rd december saying about the problems with the anthology cds but that the rest of my order should of shipped and that they'll ship it on the 28th or 29th of december when normal postal servives resume after the christmas holidays, still haven't received them!! absolute joke getting! i've had to e-mail hu again asking why i haven't received the rest of my order yet!!
warped_candykid I asked them about a CD I ordered back in December, and HU said something about the Royal Mail system was having technical problems. and that they will be shipping items out this Monday.
kazukism92
quote:
I asked them about a CD I ordered back in December, and HU said something about the Royal Mail system was having technical problems. and that they will be shipping items out this Monday.

A holy ducking year still spamming for not receiving the Fracus & Darwin album and few items that I don't remember :). Also spammed to Fracus and having the same reply as "Sorry mate, I will see today what happen with your package". :). Teh****.
LeVzi What happened to CDJay who used to post here ?

Samination considering all the shit that has happened lately, I think he's taken off social media completely
Impulse_Response
quote:
considering all the shit that has happened lately, I think he's taken off social media completely

I assumed the same. I'm sure all the trouble has wrecked his mental health.
Samination Last time I saw him at a rave (4-5 year-ish), he seemed perkly and all, but after a few drinks, you could notice how everything is weighting down on him (this was around the time the bigger names kept shunning him and Gammer barely did any proper advertisement for his HU album).
LeVzi I dunno the bloke, but is he one of the good guys ? Or is he the reason its all going tits up ?
djDMS Finally got the missing anthologies today. No more news on BTR yet though.
GrahamC
quote:
Finally got the missing anthologies today. No more news on BTR yet though.

Yay! Hopefully mine are waiting for me at home.
Brainchild Does anyone know if all the tracks in the digital version of the latest anthologies has been fixed yet? I also just today received my CD copies though not tried them out yet.
djDMS I can't even remember what's supposed to be wrong with them
MusicILove
quote:
Does anyone know if all the tracks in the digital version of the latest anthologies has been fixed yet? I also just today received my CD copies though not tried them out yet.

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have had almost a year to fix it and they haven?t. I mentioned this more than 6 months ago.

Not impressed.

I'm still upset at the fact I had to re buy tracks from the Warped Science and 24/7 Bundles.

This stuff can't be that hard to fix. I am going to have a go at fixing Dream Surprise myself. I was really expecting the CDs to be fixed, Even if the download didn't get updated.

It's such a shame its Dream Surprise that's broken. Oh well. I'm not going to stress anymore about it.
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
I dunno the bloke, but is he one of the good guys ? Or is he the reason its all going tits up ?

He is a good guy.

Every interaction I have had with him has been positive. He replaced a track that got corrupted in my diversions USB. He told me how to get the USB out of the Dark Shadows Steel box thingy because I couldn't find it. He always responded to my moaning emails about where were the collectors edition and Blu The Roof emails.

He tried his best and did everything he could. He really wanted the best for HU and for Hardcore in general. He got let down so many times by so many people.

My speculation
I don't think he is involved with the day to day running of HU anymore. As far as I can tell Fracus does the business stuff and the sorting of albums and Linda with the same last name as Darwin deals with the shipping. I'm assuming they're related or married. This is what the moving thing was about.
End of my speculation.

I feel very sad about how everything turned out. I know I was one of the people piling on the pressure when deliveries were missed and promises were broken. I now feel really bad for that. 99.9% of the issues were not his. The only thing he was guilty of is trusting too much and believing people when they said they would do something.

He had to deal with upset people like me for issues he couldn't help. I'm sorry for my part in that.

I hope that whatever he is doing now he is happier and dealing with less stress. He said a few years ago about going to do home theatre instalations so I assume he is doing that or taking a well earned break.
Brainchild
quote:
quote:
Does anyone know if all the tracks in the digital version of the latest anthologies has been fixed yet? I also just today received my CD copies though not tried them out yet.

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have had almost a year to fix it and they haven?t. I mentioned this more than 6 months ago.

Not impressed.

I'm still upset at the fact I had to re buy tracks from the Warped Science and 24/7 Bundles.

This stuff can't be that hard to fix. I am going to have a go at fixing Dream Surprise myself. I was really expecting the CDs to be fixed, Even if the download didn't get updated.

It's such a shame its Dream Surprise that's broken. Oh well. I'm not going to stress anymore about it.

Hang on you saying the CDs contain the same messed up versions of the tracks as the downloads? That is really messed up if true.
Samination I like what Al does, but don't make him into a hero he is not. He is, after all, supposed to be the one who handled his own stuff on HU, not cdjay
MusicILove
quote:
I like what Al does, but don't make him into a hero he is not. He is, after all, supposed to be the one who handled his own stuff on HU, not cdjay

I?m aware of that my post about the broken files was aimed at him. Especially because he still went on to sell the warped science catalog on bandcamp with 1 broken track still. It?s still there

https://247hardcore.bandcamp.com/album/warped-science-the-complete-collection

Track number 126. You can see the time.

Even worse is the fact you can go and buy the fixed file off any download store.

GrahamC So the two new anthologies are on CDr discs. Utter utter junk.

Nearly a year for 10p CD recordable discs with wonky tracks on them.

I won't spend another penny on anything at HU now, they are dead to me.
Vladel
quote:
So the two new anthologies are on CDr discs. Utter utter junk.

Nearly a year for 10p CD recordable discs with wonky tracks on them.

I won't spend another penny on anything at HU now, they are dead to me.

I will spend money on whoever releases good music at a reasonable price or great music at a less reasonable price. There was a time when HU used to release things with lethal theory among others, suddenly that ended and HHU2 came out as the world's crappiest EP.
MusicILove I'm not upset about is being a CD-R. I have many releases that were done that way and I haven't had any issues with the. I'll be happy to have the discs when I get mine.
djDMS That's pretty shitty if it's the case though. Darent open mine.
Craig Cairney
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
I dunno the bloke, but is he one of the good guys ? Or is he the reason its all going tits up ?

He is a good guy.

Every interaction I have had with him has been positive. He replaced a track that got corrupted in my diversions USB. He told me how to get the USB out of the Dark Shadows Steel box thingy because I couldn't find it. He always responded to my moaning emails about where were the collectors edition and Blu The Roof emails.

He tried his best and did everything he could. He really wanted the best for HU and for Hardcore in general. He got let down so many times by so many people.

My speculation
I don't think he is involved with the day to day running of HU anymore. As far as I can tell Fracus does the business stuff and the sorting of albums and Linda with the same last name as Darwin deals with the shipping. I'm assuming they're related or married. This is what the moving thing was about.
End of my speculation.

I feel very sad about how everything turned out. I know I was one of the people piling on the pressure when deliveries were missed and promises were broken. I now feel really bad for that. 99.9% of the issues were not his. The only thing he was guilty of is trusting too much and believing people when they said they would do something.

He had to deal with upset people like me for issues he couldn't help. I'm sorry for my part in that.

I hope that whatever he is doing now he is happier and dealing with less stress. He said a few years ago about going to do home theatre instalations so I assume he is doing that or taking a well earned break.

Nope! Jon (CDJay) is very much in charge of HU and the daily operations. A short break was had for reasons that I will not go into. He is back and raring to go! A lot of exciting projects in development.

MusicILove That?s great news. Hardcore Heaven 6 hopefully.
Craig Cairney ;)
Vladel
quote:
That?s great news. Hardcore Heaven 6 hopefully.

I don't know, unless fracus & Darwin remember where they mislaid that talent from 2013-16 I think disk 1 could be another dronefest.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
;)

Did you get any confirmation if he's going to try to fix the Sharkey, VG, JAL and whatever bundles I don't own?
Craig Cairney I have not spoken to him regarding that. I am sure he will be back on here posting before you know it.
MusicILove https://soundcloud.com/user-704721/fade-bananaman-feat-abbey-dream-surprise-original-vs-fix/s-jP9uv

https://soundcloud.com/user-704721/example/s-webxh
Mad Max A year was rather a long pre order.....

Might start buying from the HU store again. I haven't brought anything for a while in protest until I received these cds.
MusicILove
quote:
https://soundcloud.com/user-704721/fade-bananaman-feat-abbey-dream-surprise-original-vs-fix/s-jP9uv

https://soundcloud.com/user-704721/example/s-webxh

If anyone wants fixes for the broken tracks contact me with a screenshot of your receipt / order email showing the order number and what you brought and I will provide them. They are linked above.

I still haven?t got my CDs. Left out again
Craigavon raver
quote:

Yeah finally got mine a month or so ago, was more than surprised to see them when I came home from work, near forgot them lol, but there's mistakes on both cds unfortunately, 1 track is missing from each cd, and 1 track is repeated twice! pity on the storm 1 especially, as funky drums is a quality track
MusicILove
quote:
quote:

Yeah finally got mine a month or so ago, was more than surprised to see them when I came home from work, near forgot them lol, but there's mistakes on both cds unfortunately, 1 track is missing from each cd, and 1 track is repeated twice! pity on the storm 1 especially, as funky drums is a quality track

Can you specify exactly whats missing?
Vladel
quote:

Disk 2, Jakka B & Mack's wolf oh dear God.
kazukism92
quote:
quote:

Disk 2, Jakka B & Mack's wolf oh dear God.

Warning... that disc will be a fuel of us.
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:
quote:

Can you specify exactly whats missing?

Funky drums on the dj storm cd and 1 of the silk cuts on the fade & bananaman cd, theres 2 tracks repeated on each cd instead of these, sharkey & dee - can you do it and storm & blade - darkzone are both repeated twice instead of the aforementioned tracks.

Is this not the case with all the cds?
Alex Threat Still waiting for the vinyl from Greetings from the Edge. Ordered the TNC Collectors pack, never got the stuff to go with that.... I love HU, just a shame it doesn't always go right. After the TNC stuff I have pretty much avoided bundles etc
MusicILove Although I am usually the first one to complain and I am still missing stuff I feel that at the moment we have to let it go. I?m sure things will get back to normal soon enough and they will be able to fulfil everything. But at the moment I personally can?t ask them to do something like that.

I wouldn?t want them putting themselves in danger for the sake of some CDs.

These past few months have changed me a lot. In case people are wondering why I?m not complaining as I normally would do.
Alex Threat Yeah, i know I am not complaining like. I did the old email to them and most the time i got sorted, these are just the couple things i am still missing. I appreciate what they do, and i am glad they are trying to keep it going, especially physical items too
kazukism92 Thanks for the nice reminder that i should get a talk with HU to ask if they shipped the stuff, even the BTR. D:
Impulse_Response After how long it took to get just the discs for BTR, I wonder if there's any hope of seeing the collector's boxset.

It took 7.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page