Radio listeners 166+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 For tea tonight thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Si Thompson I think either Chippy, or Chinese takeaway tonight.
MusicILove
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
I think either Chippy, or Chinese takeaway tonight.

Chinese their chips are the best.
Triquatra Doing a good job of skipping meals at the moment...so sadly..a whole lotta nothing. Hate it but have to lose weight.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:

Chinese chips are really good, and for some reason all Chinese chips taste the same, which cannot be said for other chips. Tonight i had normal chips though. Seriously unhealthy, but after work it's easy to justify it to myself sometimes...
Battered chips seem to be all the rage at the moment, like chips weren't already unhealthy enough.
MusicILove I had half a hot dog then threw up.
Si Thompson BBQ Chicken, Veg, Roasts, Yorkshire Puds and Onion rings. It was lovely!
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Doing a good job of skipping meals at the moment...so sadly..a whole lotta nothing. Hate it but have to lose weight.

I work with two people who do intermittent fasting. I dont get it personally - Especially with these two who arent what I would class as overweight. Surely it cant be healthy?
The drunken scotsman Went out for a curry tonight, was superb and even better with a glass of wine or two.
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Doing a good job of skipping meals at the moment...so sadly..a whole lotta nothing. Hate it but have to lose weight.

Gotta include a bit of exercise in that regime, Triq. Skipping meals on its own doesn't sound too healthy.

I'm also a bit overweight, atm.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:

I work with two people who do intermittent fasting. I dont get it personally - Especially with these two who arent what I would class as overweight. Surely it cant be healthy?

Intermittent fasting has nothing to do with losing weight though generally. If done properly it is specifically healthy, that is the idea behind it.
The drunken scotsman For Triquatra it is about losing weight but thats beside the point....

Excuse my ignorance but how the hell can fasting for any length of time be healthy? Surely a healthy, balanced and regular diet is more healthy? The people I know who do it seem very moody since they started doing it, which is probably to be expected when they eat nothing at all during the day, so I struggle to see how it is healthy physically or mentally.
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
quote:

Intermittent fasting has nothing to do with losing weight though generally. If done properly it is specifically healthy, that is the idea behind it.

Of course it does if your eating window is small, if your body needs 3000 calories to maintain size, then you could never cram in those calories in a 2 hour eating window.
LeVzi
quote:
For Triquatra it is about losing weight but thats beside the point....

Excuse my ignorance but how the hell can fasting for any length of time be healthy? Surely a healthy, balanced and regular diet is more healthy? The people I know who do it seem very moody since they started doing it, which is probably to be expected when they eat nothing at all during the day, so I struggle to see how it is healthy physically or mentally.

It does work, but personally I don't agree with it.

A proper diet , reduced calories and less carbs is the way forward. Always was, always will be.

I am a carb a holic, so I rarely lose weight. But I train for power so need the intake tbh.
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Of course it does if your eating window is small, if your body needs 3000 calories to maintain size, then you could never cram in those calories in a 2 hour eating window.

You will lose weight with intermittent fasting, I'm just saying that that is not generally the goal. Maybe for some people it is.

Triquatra Easy chaps!

When you (were) eating as much as I was any amount of cutting down has an effect on weight(!)
Taking it easy when it comes to exercise, working my way back into it until I've lost enough weight and built up enough strength (from both going hungry and getting my muscles back into action) to go at it hard. Currently on the runnning machine for an hour or so a day. Soon as I've lost a stone (I'm down about 3/4 a stone now after 3 weeks) I'm going to start Body Combat again. Last time I did that the weight fell off in seconds.....might even try keeping the weight off this time.
Si Thompson Double Cheeseburger.
wong chicken kievs chips and beans
Si Thompson Kebabs on sticks, chips & salad.
The drunken scotsman Intermittent fasting with a side portion of **** all
Si Thompson Stir Fry and Garlic Bread.
Si Thompson McDonalds.
LeVzi
quote:
McDonalds.

I only found out the other day, there is a McDonalds near me that delivers.
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
McDonalds.

I only found out the other day, there is a McDonalds near me that delivers.

I only found out they deliver a couple of months ago. I have said for years that they should do delivery.
Si Thompson Chinese tonight. I'll no doubt look over the menu with the intention of having something different, then i'll order one of the the same combinations as i always do.
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:

Chinese chips are really good, and for some reason all Chinese chips taste the same, which cannot be said for other chips. Tonight i had normal chips though. Seriously unhealthy, but after work it's easy to justify it to myself sometimes...
Battered chips seem to be all the rage at the moment, like chips weren't already unhealthy enough.

battered chips! never heard of that before, must be an English thing, just the way the Scottish love there battered mars bars, snickers bars, burgers e.t.c well you can get battered mars bars and all in Ireland, well was more common years ago, heard more people talking about them, haven't tried them myself though
wong sweet and sour chicken balls, special fried rice, pancake roll, chicken omelette, chips. extra sweet and sour sauce
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
sweet and sour chicken balls, special fried rice, pancake roll, chicken omelette, chips. extra sweet and sour sauce

Very nice. Can't beat those chicken balls from the Chinky.
Si Thompson Chinese Belly Pork, Chips & Salad.
MusicILove Fish & Chips.
Si Thompson Pork Steaks and Veg.
MusicILove Chicken fried rice.
Si Thompson Stir Fry.
Si Thompson
quote:
Stir Fry.

Burger & Chips.
Si Thompson Lasagne & Garlic bread.
Si Thompson Bacon Madras.

It took 2.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page