Radio listeners 153+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 discoland

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
hardcore anorak hi ppl what does everyone think of flip n fills version of discoland one of the best sing along hardcore tunes of all time whats your views on there remix i think its bulls##t

s.shaw
Mortis I aint heard it myself, but i think anything by Flip & Fill should be nailed to a cross & burned, but thats just my opinion.

NeoPhyte101 I can't stand flip and fill they ruin all tunes they touch

they destroyed shooting star(i hate them 4 that)

Drugs are bad mkay.... mkay...!!!
Phill i like it they havent made it crap like they did with shooting star and field of dreams

Im not a Retard
Im just mentally challenged
SEEKY Dick and Prick have just made another ****ing shit remix of hardcore tune can't they just make there own tunes instead of stealing hardcore ones. The thing that annoys me most is that most of the wankers who don't know hardcore will probally think that filp and fill created discoland, shooting star and field of dreams!!

Es , SPEED , TRIPS AND BLOW HERE WE ****ING GO!
Dean86 I know yeah they are wank! Their version of discoland came on in some restaurant and I was disgusted.

djmuncher I think its a good song i like it

Wondefull days belong to the past -- Come show me youre hardcore feelings --

http://www.djmuncher.uk.tt
raverdave I didn't want to get into all this flip and fill bashing again because its old news. But I heard it on the box whilst waiting for you're shining to come on...

Its unbelievably bad, worse than shooting star, worse than any hardcore rip thats gone before, but hey, the softcore cheesers seem to like it so who am I to argue!

HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!! HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!!
htid Not being funny but havnt these chart versions of hardcore tunes got summit to do with hardcore labels/artists?? Im sure read that somewhere, can someone clear that up for me?

Edited to say:
Sorry not seduction force and styles, its slipmat that i was thinking of and united dance. That suddenly came to me the other morning.
djmuncher What do you think of Master Maximum Records?

Wondefull days belong to the past!
mark-ireland The F&P remix imo is fuc*ing muck.

------------------------------
We will not compromise quality for popularity amongst the minority.
j_a_c_k yeh thats a bastard init

j a c k
Brian K pants, i miss good early 90's club music

"we'll delete the weak"
hyperdance its complete crap. i also heard it on the box just today.

Nixxi Personally I do not like the remix but I do like the fact that all these Happy Hardcore tracks are being remixed into Dance/Trance for the people who are not fans of Happy Hardcore but can still enjoy some of the best tracks going!!

Kyle_Buffrey Commercial Dance. Covering old hardcore favourites. And those those who listen to it. It kind of makes you ask questions such as:

Do they like this crap and not like hardcore because they are retarded (or usually very pissed up in a loutish manner when dancing to it. i.e Too much beer can make you act retarded.) and their minds cannot cope with the sheer high speed of hardcore?

Are proper hardcore tracks not accessible to simple minded people? Do they struggle to buy an hardcore track on cd single. WHEN it was only pressed on vinyl in the first place?

*EDIT*- It appears that only half of this got posted. Can't remember what I wrote, so I'm not going to type it all again in full.
Dean86 I wish Flip and Fill all the best.................................................................

That they get knocked over by a huge bus and die

devilfromtheheavens Flip and Fill's version of Discoland is pure crap!!!!

Its far 2 slow nd lyk most of u sed they recked shooting star aswell as field of dreams and now they've went and killed discoland a was lyk OMG!!! wen a 1st herd it on the box !

B.C doesnt bother me terribly-i just dont listen 2 it...problem solved!

it shud b accepted that as long as aatw r around there will b tracks like this-u just hav 2 realise that u r not being forced 2 listen 2 any of it-its ur choice!

"Belong To The Hardcore Regime! Wake Up From Your Synthetic Dreams!....WE Are Your Future!!!"
hooverlover 2 words, it's shite

htid Further o my my point, is it slipmatt responsible for the dance versions or not?

benford I bought it yesterday and sure enough, it's dire. So are all the other mixes on it, *except* there's a Sy and Unknown mix which is OK and at the 'right' speed!

Dj_Old_Skool Discoland is an all time class tune, it does not need A remix, let it be.

Cheeky Traxx also ripped off Discoland, at's pants as well!!!!

Tony.

Let The Bass Drum Go!!!!!
DJ Affliction
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore anarach:
hi ppl what does everyone think of flip n fills version of discoland one of the best sing along hardcore tunes of all time whats your views on there remix i think its bulls##t

s.shaw

Everything flip & fill touches turns to shit coz they cant produce

There takin all da classic hardcore tunes an trancin em up (if dats a word)
It pisses uz off wen a heard em on saturday nite n da radio.

Everything is random, your probably not ment to read this!!!!!!!!

DJ Affliction

djaffliction@hotmail.com

djaffliction2k3@yahoo.co.uk
Dave Murray
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Affliction:
quote:
Originally posted by hardcore anarach:
hi ppl what does everyone think of flip n fills version of discoland one of the best sing along hardcore tunes of all time whats your views on there remix i think its bulls##t

s.shaw

Everything flip & fill touches turns to shit coz they cant produce

There takin all da classic hardcore tunes an trancin em up (if dats a word)
It pisses uz off wen a heard em on saturday nite n da radio.

DJ Affliction

djaffliction@hotmail.com

Flip & Fill can produce. There really is a simple fact to all this, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT LISTEN it really is easy.

Also for the plebs that doesnt know Cheeky Trax = Sy & Unknown

Flip & Fill can produce. There really is a simple fact to all this, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT LISTEN it really is easy.

Also for the plebs that doesnt know Cheeky Trax = Sy & Unknown

3 points

1) its a bit hard wen dey take over da radio an its nowt but dat 4hours n a satday

2)dats obvious

3) no they cant their appawllingly s***

That is all

DJ Affliction

djaffliction@hotmail.com

Triquatra i found a gabber remix of discoland on a cd yesterday - what fun

http://www.dj-triquatra.com
Uhh, negative, I am a meat popsicle
DCSkater They really do sucks, Discoland is horrible, I saw it this morning on a crappy kids tv show, and they had all these twats dancing to it like they were been electrocuted.... I swear theyre going to turn it into a pop song next. I couls kinda take field of dreams, even thought it was crap.

This just tops it off though. Flip & fill should go down for murder.

DJ Affliction
quote:
Originally posted by DCSkater:
They really do sucks, Discoland is horrible, I saw it this morning on a crappy kids tv show, and they had all these twats dancing to it like they were been electrocuted.... I swear theyre going to turn it into a pop song next. I couls kinda take field of dreams, even thought it was crap.

This just tops it off though. Flip & fill should go down for murder.

well done m8 good ansa

but field of dreams woz shit ,it doesn't deserve any positive feedback wotsoeva

DJ Affliction

djaffliction@hotmail.com

ickle_fairy omg!!!!!! discoland is a gr8 tune, i fink flip n fill r sound!!!!!!!!!!

xxxx SiNeAd xxxx
hardcore anorak do you now there hardcore remixes r shite specially discoland sounds like a tune for the oaps when they collect there pensions hardcore[original version] is much,much better

s.shaw
ukraver discoland is a proper hardcore tune
"flip and flop it up " have realy fuc*ed it up.

DJ Affliction i wud just like to re-iterate agen that flip and fill suck

thanks

DJ Affliction

djaffliction@hotmail.com

dj-freedom I agree, flip n fill have bolloxed up too many hardcore tracks already!!

However, they are extremely talented producers and if they started coming up with more of thier own stuff then fair play.

Thier first track i remember was called "True Love Never Dies" which i thought was good for a cheesy trance number, which goes to show that they can write good tunes, thier just lazy bastards!!

There again, looking at it from another perspective, maybe some of the cheese trance producers are getting fed up wiv breeze n styles remixing all thier stuff into hardcore (which personally i think is wicked!!)

Hardcore is the passion of the chosen....
DJ Affliction wasnt there a topic on ere ages ago dat are flip and fill force & styles?

well anyway it got uz finkin coz dey do seem 2b ****in up and copyin alot of hardcore tunes if ya fink bout it

it cud be an alias name for different genre type?

hope not tho coz ad b F***** appalled if it were true

DJ Affliction

djaffliction@hotmail.com

ravin-mad [b] i dont wanna piss everyone of but disco land was actually a club/trance tune in holland before it came 2 england. tiny tots just made it hardcore 4 all us nutters in england. i do agree that the flip n fill mix is dog shit but this tune is just going round in circles. i got a 2002 qfx hardcore & trance remix that is crap. there have been so many remixes of this tune but yoy wont beat the original 96 hardcore mix!!!!!!!! respect to vibes for caining the tune

j shepherd
Hixxy_is_my_god2k2 Just to point out, i believe every flip n fill remix and cover have been poo...but the remixes on the vinyls have usualli been quite gud like cheeky trax (although "hungry eyes"and "the sun always shines on tv" all sound the same jus with different words....bit boring realli lol.

Anyways flip n fill did true love never dies......which used too be a bootleg:
Rank 1 vs kylie - ariwave vs true love never dies

i think the onli tune they made themselves was irish blue.....and i think even thats a cover innit?

I dont see why people are sayin oh, aatw are shit n everything, cos the label releases things they know will sell, and sum of the stuff they release is not a cover of anything!!!

Ill leave you to your pitiful squabbling now....lolol :)

Adam

Check one, two were the bad boy krew, cream of the crop!
DJ Vibalrush
quote:
Originally posted by dj-freedom:

There again, looking at it from another perspective, maybe some of the cheese trance producers are getting fed up wiv breeze n styles remixing all thier stuff into hardcore (which personally i think is wicked!!)

Hardcore is the passion of the chosen....

Veeeeeeery good point. I hate it to, n inform as many people as i can of it origins, but at the end of the day, if hardcore didnt sample other tunes, we wouldnt have half old skool tunes we have now. Lets just foget it, for the love of GOD please. Deal with it people, its old news now.

*Were H-A-P-P-Y coz we wanna just dance n we wanna get high, slip slide"*
dj tj not 2 knock u all dwn in ur prime. But sumwhere down the line the original producers agree with wot flip n flop are doing, hence they give consent for them to go ahead and make a resit. Wether it be shit or nt, the porducers r lookin for the money, nt wot ppl r doin to their original hardcore stuff.

~rockin out in lv peace n unity ~

-----------------------------
~ slammin vinyl crew, midlands massive~
ickle_fairy take me op op op n away wer th music is my fantasy take me op op op n away fantasy turns 2 reality oh time 2 take my hand n lead me 2 th discoland were i can do all fings ive been longing 2 do woah let me jus sing now! woahhhhhh let me sing now yey yey yey yeyyyyyyy

xxxx SiNeAd xxxx
DJ SICOSIS Just read all three pages of this topic and the theme seems to be flip and phil are w*nkers and do crap remixes of what origionaly were shit hot tunes. It astounds me how they are able to make such a mess of it, and still sell records, but that is the world of commercial pop music for you. It's all about publisity, money and brainwashing. Come on, how many times have you caught yourself humming along to a crappy pop tune you don't even like, just cos you've heard it 400 times at work on radio 1 this week. It's all aimed at 7 year olds and old women. What really narks me is there is no choice at all on the radio, every commercial station looks to radio1 for what they should be playing, I can hear Dr. Fox(Wa*ker) on about 5 different stions on a saturday night!! As for sampleing other tunes, there would be no hardcore without it, A lot of lyrics in hhc tunes are from 70's and 80's pop tunes, but the end result is a good tune (usually). It will allways make me cringe when I hear a rmx from flip and Phil, God knows I did when I heard there rmx's of Discoland, Field of Dreams, Pretty Green Eye's............. What tune will be murdered next by wonderfull duo? (just a hint of sarcasm there)

(By the way, I've just fallen of my soapbox and now can't get up, that'll teach me!!)

Si

Fishy i hate those mother****res! ruining discoland like that its absolutely awful!

dassfisken
djscorch Flip and Fill started off in Bolton in a couple of clubs called Cromptons Mule and Jumpin Jacks, they still do the odd night at Jacks. In my opinion they are reasonable DJ's but the tunes they produce are absolute clown shoes and should all be used as wheel trims. The cheesy bolton bastards.

Manchester Massive, lets f@ckin 'ave ya!
Nixxi-HcT
quote:
Originally posted by ravin-mad:
[b] i got a 2002 qfx hardcore & trance remix that is crap. there have been so many remixes of this tune but yoy wont beat the original 96 hardcore mix!!!!!!!! respect to vibes for caining the tune

j shepherd

It may not be as good as the original but the Q.F.X mix is good!! It goes down a storm in gig's and it's good because theres not many places that play hardcore here in newcastle but their choon brings back alot of good memories for hardcore fans and keeps the non hardcore "clubland" *ergh* fans happy! People here go mad when they play it at a gig..

icex i think its kinda queer, it bounces but i think it makes the boys bounce 2.

phoebian it does my head in when randoms think its the hotest newest tune out....but we know better??

djscorch I heard that flip n fill are really richard and judy, who are really the chuckle brothers.

Manchester Massive, lets f@ckin 'ave ya!
swansea247 one message to flip n fill, KEEP YOUR F**KIN HANDS AWAY FROM TOY TOWN

turn up the hardcore, go on you know you want to!
Eumovater wot really bugs me is that all these producers like redo hardcore originals, and show no REAL writing talents, when other artists are producing amazin hardcore tracks that vocally kill and maim all the cheesey trancey covers of older ones. take insight for example, their tunes are original, full on songs, lyrics and all, and their tunes are always catchy... 'only your loooove is takin me higher...' THEY have the talent and need the publicity, NOT flip 'n' fill

all i have left to say is that "flip 'n' fill flippin' KILL hardcore" grrr....

"Open your mind and your ears will follow!"
Charco It works both ways....Hardcore has done versions of a lot of 60/70's music...So I think it's kinda unfair that people complain about doing versions of hardcore tunes...

It shows that Hardcore is just so special....they have to do a remix for themselves.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Want to hear MY tunes???.....Thought not...but if you decide to.... http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6205 Please, leave a review and rate the song if you listen...not a lot to ask..is it..
phoebian lol thats not the point there makein good hardcore trax sound plop they dont need re-re-remixing

:P
Charco The same could be said the other way around....The people who had their tunes changed into hardcore may not approve of it either...

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Want to hear MY tunes???.....Thought not...but if you decide to.... http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6205 Please, leave a review and rate the song if you listen...not a lot to ask..is it..
phoebian rofl, i cant please anyone.

ok ill rephrase, they shouldnt "remix" a "hardcore remix" ?

ok? lol :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
H.T.I.D.W.I.L.L.N.E.V.E.R.D.I.E.
phoebian@evoclan.net
- Add me to MSN thx :)
Andrew184
quote:
Originally posted by mustapha:
The same could be said the other way around....The people who had their tunes changed into hardcore may not approve of it either...

But at least they haven't been done in order to make loads of money like Flip & Fill do.

mark shark
quote:
Originally posted by Dean86:
I wish Flip and Fill all the best.................................................................

That they get knocked over by a huge bus and die

I'm with you on that buddy, thay are brilliant!!! I don't like there remixes but the principles behind what they do i back 100 % We don't need to worrie about the tunes cause we play and stomp to the Originals, They have taken hardcore and passed it on to a generation of party goers who untill now thought happy hardcore was a pile of ......s.....sh........ sorry i can't say it!! needless to say they were nieeve :-)
any way thats enough of my rant :-)

of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most
-- Ozzy Osbourne.
Charco
quote:
Originally posted by phoebian:
rofl, i cant please anyone.

ok ill rephrase, they shouldnt "remix" a "hardcore remix" ?

ok? lol :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
H.T.I.D.W.I.L.L.N.E.V.E.R.D.I.E.
phoebian@evoclan.net
- Add me to MSN thx :)

lol

and Andrew...is it such a crime to make money?....people do a lot worse for the same reason....And if what they do is sh*t and wrong...how can they make "loads of money" from it?

I don't like what they're doin but each to themselves...

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Dreamcee I think its good that it takes ol tunes n brings them back on the radio, but really really p ees me off that Rave got banned from being played on radio due to the repeatative beat syndrome the government evented now years later they play watered down cack n think its ok, not going to go into the "House music these days is really slowed down Techno" argument as id blow my top had enuff hearin ol skool being exploited by handbag housers lol

jenks Repetative beat syndrome? how did John Peel manage to play hardcore on the radio then?

DJ Roge its all about the money lads and lasses. You have to make it cheesy and remove the banging beats whilst dropping the BPMs big time, to make it commercial so that 14 year old kids can listen to it when they play their NOW 58 (or god knows what number it is) cds.

If its hardcore, it aint ludicrous.

m_j ive got a few views after reading all of this, first of all although they make them into complete rubbish, ive got no objections about hardcore tunes being made into cringeworthy cheesy dance crap. first of all it shows the talents of the people(hardcore artists) who wrote it in the first place, that they can make a piece of music that appeals to such a huge ammount of people, even if they are braindead 12 year olds. second of all the original artists probably make a bit of money off it themselves(correct me if im wrong). thirdly an awful lot of great hardcore tunes are covers so its hypocritical to give out about people covering hardcore. and my last point which a lot of people mightnt agree with....i never liked tiny tot discoland in the first place, its a hardcore classic and all that yeah but its just SO cheesy! im more into freeform so discoland does not appeal to me at all! ive tried listening to it a few times but it just gets more annoying with every listen....

rhythm is your liberation!
Eumovater u want a cd with hardcore covers? clubland 6 is full of em! and im not sayin that they're good either! i mean fair play for breeze & styles (yes, BREEZE & STYLES, not styles & breeze, that sounds crap!) for their slowdown version of 'you're my angel' but come on! the vocals sound stupid coz they've just been slowed down, its naff! and theres a dance mix of the classics 'here i am' and 'shining down'. wots goin on!?

"Open your mind and your ears will follow!"
-Bazza-
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Repetative beat syndrome? how did John Peel manage to play hardcore on the radio then?

That's what I was thinking, since when was it banned? I think most people just don't know that Hardcore even exists. LOL

-Bazza-
quote:
Originally posted by Nixxi:
Personally I do not like the remix but I do like the fact that all these Happy Hardcore tracks are being remixed into Dance/Trance for the people who are not fans of Happy Hardcore but can still enjoy some of the best tracks going!!

The hardcore versions are always better though. I really don't understand why hardcore tunes can't be a part of Radio 1's daytime playlist. At least the majority of hardcore tunes aren't full of swearing and stuff like most pop songs now that have to bleeped or censored every 15 seconds. LOL

Fishy i hate flip & fill!ruining good tracks! discoland my favorite happy hardcore track!

Trancey aint cool.... cheezey and breakbeat rule!!!
Soxio I think the track is good as people who don't like the hardcore side to things can listen to the track in a style of music that more people are into these days. I know where i'm from in the Clubs and Bars Flip N Fill Discoland is one of the tracks most wanted to be played!

* Hardcore Till I Die *

It took 3.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page