Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Rumors
 PCDJ's Become Less Populuar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
CR More And More People Are Said To Disliken PCDJs .... Theyy Believe For Real Hardcore You Go To An Event With MC'in Or DJ'in

http://z11.invisionfree.com/GFXPLUS
Jay-Owen
quote:
Originally posted by CR:
More And More People Are Said To Disliken PCDJs .... Theyy Believe For Real Hardcore You Go To An Event With MC'in Or DJ'in

I don't know. I don't give a ****. If there's good music I'll dance. I won't let my evening get wasted coz it's a PCDJ.
n/a Wasnt this always going to happen ? As technology moved on, things would change. From vinyl to CD from CD to MP3

Who knows where it will end, who knows if it will end, the bottom line for me is this, you'll never replace the sound of vinyl, its got a sound of its own that is unique, the popping and the clicking of a vinyl for me holds memories, BUT the sound you get from CDJ's are crisp, clear and imo better. So for the DJ to use the original MP3 on a PC at a rave, to me isnt wrong. In fact, I think its Noisekick, who uses VDJ as it allows +34 on the pitch.

To me, I dont really mind how the music comes, yes vinyl has a distinct sound, and yes CD's have their own sound, but to me, now its 2007, who cares how the music is delievered, provided more and more places embrace hardcore, and stop labelling it drug music.

The DJ's have moved on, time the police and councils did too.

(Think I dragged that off topic, sorry)
DarrenJ unless ur a producer, why would u take a laptop to dj?
bulby_g To be completely honest I do think DJ'ing in clubs or at raves should be kept to decks (CD or vinyl) unless it's a live PA.

Someone sat at a computer playing with a mouse on stage is just not the same.
Future_Shock Djs arent just there to play music. They are entertainment. Id like to see you pump up a crowd when all you have to do is click a button for the next track to mix it. Its about working the crowd just as much as the actual mixing. In my opinion being less involved with the music means your only doing half your job.

Plus how is anyone going to differentiate between good djs and bad ones if they all use a laptop? Ok to do it well can be difficult but compared to djing well on DECKS, turntables are in a completely different league.
Cotts
quote:
Originally posted by Influx:
Djs arent just there to play music. They are entertainment. Id like to see you pump up a crowd when all you have to do is click a button for the next track to mix it. Its about working the crowd just as much as the actual mixing. In my opinion being less involved with the music means your only doing half your job.

Plus how is anyone going to differentiate between good djs and bad ones if they all use a laptop? Ok to do it well can be difficult but compared to djing well on DECKS, turntables are in a completely different league.

Totally Agreed with that one.... I think its more the fact that you dont seem to be able to create that kind of energy behind a laptop. People look at you and its just not the same as being beind the 'Wheels Of Steel'

I started off mixing on a pc, most people do nowdays but I feel as though it should only be used as a progression for going to decks.

Thats my 2 cents.
DJ-Pure I should fu*king hope so too.
NeXuS To DJ is to perform. It's as much a show as it is a music showcase.

Im not slating a PCDJ in anyway but to a promoter its important. They gotta think about what the ravers wanna see, someone working the turntables & a mixer or watching the back of a laptop screen not knowing what the hell they are doing.
Leto I think that also depends on what type of PC-DJ you are.

You can still perform and be a PC-DJ.

The coolest DJ's are ones that work computers in with real decks. :D
Mr igloo
quote:
Originally posted by Leto:
I think that also depends on what type of PC-DJ you are.

You can still perform and be a PC-DJ.

The coolest DJ's are ones that work computers in with real decks. :D

Ahhh, i see what you did there.
Leto ^^Defended myself and revealed my dream.

I will one day have Serato Scratch Live and good decks. One day!!
djscorch Name me one hardcore event you have been to where they use a PC instead of decks...
n/a I see Noisekick using VDJ at events, and a few other Gabber DJ's do too. I think its due to the ability to go +34 on the pitch, something decks cannot do.

When CDJ's came out they got slated, as they were not vinyls, now they are accepted, the PC DJ is next in line to be slated, but then something new will come out again and that will be accepted.

Its modern technology ppl, living in the past really isnt an option anymore.

Serato Scratch is a prime example of the two being used as one, so you can turn up to an event with a flash drive of mp3's and 2 vinyls. Maybe thats the future.
__CMC__ ^^^although its not recommended that you use a falsh drive, also need 4 sets of rca cables a usb cable and of course the SL1!

SSL is the shit! Best investment i have ever made:)
n/a Why cant you use a flash drive ? the mp3 gets loaded into RAM anyways.

As for the rest of what ya said, ive got no idea what it means
n/a
quote:
Originally posted by CR:
More And More People Are Said To Disliken PCDJs .... Theyy Believe For Real Hardcore You Go To An Event With MC'in Or DJ'in

You'd be surprised at the ammount of dj's that use Serato. You'd never really know unless you were right up there with them. It just looks like they are using vinyl
__CMC__
quote:
Originally posted by n/a:
Why cant you use a flash drive ? the mp3 gets loaded into RAM anyways.

As for the rest of what ya said, ive got no idea what it means

I have killed a flasgh drive trying this, when i asked on the forum i was advised not to use one and if i needed to store track on one for my gig (if not using my laptop) the best thing to do would be copy the files on to the laptop before importing them into serato.

The logic behind it................. I cant remember but as i have 1 2gb drive that is dead i will be taking that advice:)
__CMC__
quote:
Originally posted by n/a:
quote:
Originally posted by CR:

You'd be surprised at the ammount of dj's that use Serato. You'd never really know unless you were right up there with them. It just looks like they are using vinyl

Thats a common mistake, someone hear you use serato yet they do not know what the program does.

The only difference with serato compared to vinyl is with serato i can use loop and cue points, you still need to beat match and control the vinyl the exact same as when using regular vinyl.

The big plus with serato, i can LEGALLY purchase tracks for £1-£2 and play them on vinyl, also rather than carry a crate or two all i need to do is plug my laptop in connect my 250gb western digital usb drive and i've got 1000's of tracks with me and ready to be spun.

It took 1.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page