Radio listeners 150+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 DJ Brisk - "Til Death Us Do Party" FEEDBACK THREAD

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
CDJay

Release Date: March 31st

Cat: HUDSCD005

Format: 3xCD

CD1 - Unmixed Upfront

01. Brisk & Darwin feat. DMO - My Heartbeat
02. Brisk & Technikore - Into The Sunlight
03. Brisk & Gammer - Tweakers & Speakers
04. Brisk & Darwin - Never Been Away
05. Brisk & Stormtrooper - Feel The Friction
06. Brisk & Darwin - Nothing Left To Say
07. Brisk & Ham - Your Angel (Fracus & Al Storm Remix)
08. Brisk, Al Storm & Darwin feat. Bea Aria - Reach The Heights
09. Brisk & Technikore - Hold Your Head Up
10. Brisk & Fracus - Falling Into You
11. Brisk & Darwin feat. Taya - Life's A Journey
12. Brisk & Darwin - Every Time
13. Brisk & Joey Riot - Fukk Me Harder
14. Brisk & Darwin - Break the Concrete

CD2 - Unmixed Brisk Remixes

01. El Bruto - Watch Me Dance
02. Force & Styles - Shining Down
03. Ultra-Sonic - Bust That Groove
04. Bang! - Break Of Dawn
05. Jimmy J & Cru-L-T - DJs In Full Effect
06. E-Logic - Run to Me
07. Triple J - Wonderful World
08. Chewy - Rock This Place
09. DJ Demo - I've Got A Feeling (Brisk & Ham Remix)
10. Luna-C - I Run These Streets
11. Infernus - I Want Your Love
12. Eruption - Reach Out (Brisk 2013 Remix)
13. Northern Lights - Love Of My Life (Brisk 2013 Remix)
14. Paul Elstak - I'm Not An Addict

CD3 - Mixed By DJ Brisk

01. Brisk & Trixxy - Eye Opener
02. Brisk & Ham - On & On
03. Brisk & Stormtrooper - Twatris VIP
04. Brisk & Ham - Angel Eyes
05. Rapido - Inside Beat (Haze Remix)
06. Brisk & Ham feat. MC Whizzkid - Crazy Love
07. Brisk & Vagabond - The Only Ones (Fracus Remix)
08. Brisk & Fracus - Radio Rockin' 2010
09. Brisk & Ham - In Your Life (Gammer Remix)
10. Brisk & Fracus - Rock Da Bass
11. Brisk & Fade - Stay Here Forever (JTS Remix)
12. Brisk & Vagabond feat. Lisa Marie - Free (Shimamura Remix)
13. Brisk & Fracus - Clear Blue Skies
14. Brisk & Darwin - Let's Live Forever
15. Brisk & Vinylgroover - Freedom 2 Dance (Darwin Remix)
16. Brisk & Vinylgroover - Don't Give A Damn (Al Storm Remix)
17. Brisk - Airhead (S3RL Remix)
18. Brisk & Darwin - All Together
19. Paul Elstak - Proud 2 B Hardcore (Brisk Remix)
20. Brisk & Joey Riot - Coming Closer

Available to order both discretely and as part of "Launch Bundle #3" (this, D&G artist album, HU DJ Tools Vol 1)

http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk

CDJay
djDMS Oooosh!

Worth buying just for lifes a journey.
jenks Shouldn't it be "do us" not "us do"?
CDJay Ahhh... the amount of internal debate on that subject! LoL.

CDJay
Dogsy Yes Yes Yes!!!! I've been waiting over 3 years to get my hands on Never Been Away :) The whole of CD1 looks amazing! CD2 looks interesting especially for Love of My Life and I'm Not An Addict. A Brisk mix CD is always a winner aswell. Totally worth the wait good stuff :)
Samination
quote:
14. Northern Lights - Love Of My Life (Brisk 2013 Remix)

I hope that's not the 2nd remix he did, and is infact a 3rd remix, because the 2nd was horrible :S
CDJay It's the one from HU6 (which I know you don't have). The definitive mix, IMNSHO

I'm convinced it's on one of the HU podcasts but I can't work out which one. I'll investigate (code: ask Fracus)

CDJay

arpz Gaz Fracus 'Finish That Line' will be given away FREE to anyone that pre-orders the Brisk-StimulantDjs album

An oversight?

Quicksilver
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Oooosh!

+1

Awesome tracklist!
CDJay No, it just wouldn't fit time wise. (it's over 7 minutes ;))

CDJay
arpz I'm excited to hear the other brisk & gammer tune then :D
latininxtc Aww was hoping bulletproof would be in there, but I guess since it's pretty much a bootleg it would be difficult to make it a proper release. Maybe brisk should be giving that one away for each purchase of his album!
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Aww was hoping bulletproof would be in there, but I guess since it's pretty much a bootleg it would be difficult to make it a proper release. Maybe brisk should be giving that one away for each purchase of his album!

Yeah, that's the only thing stopping it from being perfect!
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
It's the one from HU6 (which I know you don't have). The definitive mix, IMNSHO

CDJay

The other version I have is from 2010 (previously unreleased)
HollowRipper Mega sex wee just gone on over here.

Agree about bulletproof, but the amount of amazing tracks on it more than make up for it!

Was Twatris vip ever released? Thought that might of featured, or is it a copyright thing for te sample?

Excited as a mofo anyway!

All we need now is him to come back!
Elliott
quote:
Oooosh!

+1!
Craigavon raver Nice! been waiting on these cds! don't know what to make of the tracklist as I haven't heard a right few of the tunes, which I suppose is a good thing! since i'll have new tunes I haven't heard before, on the pre-order now
Mickey Init
quote:
15. Paul Elstak - I'm Not An Addict

Very good tracklist and I'm pleased to see this one made it on there!
latininxtc
quote:
Ahhh... the amount of internal debate on that subject! LoL.

CDJay

lol I htink the majority of people will agree and say it's supposed to be "till death do us party." I bet Paul is purposely trolling all of us with the order he wanted on there.

Although I've heard it called plenty of things before the official artwork was out. I've heard "till death do you party" "till death us do you party" and a few others lol
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:
Ahhh... the amount of internal debate on that subject! LoL.

CDJay

lol I htink the majority of people will agree and say it's supposed to be "till death do us party." I bet Paul is purposely trolling all of us with the order he wanted on there.

Although I've heard it called plenty of things before the official artwork was out. I've heard "till death do you party" "till death us do you party" and a few others lol

I actually thought it was a misprint when I first seen it on hu 6! and then I seen it on one of the other cds and maybe on here, and I realized that was the album name, I think even at one stage I thought it might have been a copy right think, that's why they changed the words about
djDMS Could be called 'Suck my grandmas hairy nipples' for all i care!
wong
quote:

12. Infernus - I Want Your Love

:)
DJ Hellfury first cd bundle i will buy, worth the money.
kazukism92 Sheeesus, Break the Concrete... wait, no money until March ??
Vladel Every time better be the one from hu5 that I've been waiting bloody years for!
CDJay It is!

CDJay
alstorm
quote:
It's the one from HU6 (which I know you don't have). The definitive mix, IMNSHO

I'm convinced it's on one of the HU podcasts but I can't work out which one. I'll investigate (code: ask Fracus)

CDJay

he doesn't have HU6? ... why on earth .. surely there is no excuse for that sort of behaviour ..
djDMS Yes, he's from Sweden...
Samination I can use that in my defence? :O
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I can use that in my defence? :O

not if you've flown in to the UK for hardcore events, and I think one of them was an HU event.
CDJay Track 2 on podcast 3, 4:00 in

CDJay
Vladel Pre ordered this. Not bothering with the dougal and gammer one.
Samination
quote:
quote:
I can use that in my defence? :O

not if you've flown in to the UK for hardcore events, and I think one of them was an HU event.

I went for 2 actually, but that was before HU6
DJ-KC The amount of disappointment in Hardcore Underground overwhelms me. HU used to be my favorite label, but is slowly falling in my opinion. The lack of digital releases blows my mind. It is 2014! It is hard to buy a computer or car with an optical drive. I don't have any way of utilizing a physical release. I would have to wait for shipping then go to a library to rip the disc to a flash drive to put on my computer instead of having an instant download. I want to enjoy the music but I will not support staying behind. Innovation is why I love music. I also wouldn't mind lowering the carbon footprint of plastic and paper used in a physical release. I really want to get on board with the new HU music, but will have to wait for digital releases or pirated copies
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Shouldn't it be "do us" not "us do"?

I hadn't noticed that, I just read it as "do us" automatically. Are they actually leaving the title like that?

quote:
Originally posted by DJ-KC:
The amount of disappointment in Hardcore Underground overwhelms me. HU used to be my favorite label, but is slowly falling in my opinion. The lack of digital releases blows my mind. It is 2014! It is hard to buy a computer or car with an optical drive. I don't have any way of utilizing a physical release. I would have to wait for shipping then go to a library to rip the disc to a flash drive to put on my computer instead of having an instant download. I want to enjoy the music but I will not support staying behind. Innovation is why I love music. I also wouldn't mind lowering the carbon footprint of plastic and paper used in a physical release. I really want to get on board with the new HU music, but will have to wait for digital releases or pirated copies

Its not the fault of HU if you buy impractical computers. CD format isnt dead yet. I think its good that a label still respects the value of tangibility. Digital format is something thats ghostly and simple. Its music without the added dimensions of feel and vision. Any kind of music you can touch is good, and I think kudos to HU for taking a plunge.

If I were you, Id blame myself for getting an impractical PC before its time. CDs are still widely used, so if I were you, Id get a USB CD drive. Can get one for a tenner.
Vladel what computer doesn't come without atleast a dvd drive these days? If you bought a pc without a form of optical disk drive then that makes you pretty stupid. By HU doing physical releases instead of digital downloads it allows them to control the media a little better and also filesharing to a degree. You shouldn't be slandering them for that and seriously... who buys a pc without a bloody dvd drive????

Anyhow if you are likely to wait for your aforementioned pirated downloads sir then you are scum and not worthy of the music you are stealing.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
what computer doesn't come without atleast a dvd drive these days? If you bought a pc without a form of optical disk drive then that makes you pretty stupid. By HU doing physical releases instead of digital downloads it allows them to control the media a little better and also filesharing to a degree. You shouldn't be slandering them for that and seriously... who buys a pc without a bloody dvd drive????

Anyhow if you are likely to wait for your aforementioned pirated downloads sir then you are scum and not worthy of the music you are stealing.

iMacs and tablet PCs omitt DVD drives I believe. I mean, I can see why they do it. Most things a PC needs are available digitally. My best advice to the lad is stop blaming others for his poor purchase and buy a small USB DVD drive from amazon
CDJay We do actually have a compromise solution, in our head, it's just a case of implementation.

There is method to the madness; I entirely appreciate that it is frustrating given that most ultrabook/AIO computers shipping now do so without an optical drive. However, digital releases and albums haven't done hardcore any favours, we have to primarily support the CD model we've traditionally employed or we'll throw the baby out with the bathwater and end up with nothing.

Shall post updates soon; I reckon we've got an agreeable middle ground mapped out

CDJay
djDMS Given a choice between digital and physical i'd go physical every time.

Old fashioned or not, it means a lot more to have something i can hold in my hand ;-)

Rodz90
quote:
The amount of disappointment in Hardcore Underground overwhelms me. HU used to be my favorite label, but is slowly falling in my opinion. The lack of digital releases blows my mind. It is 2014! It is hard to buy a computer or car with an optical drive. I don't have any way of utilizing a physical release. I would have to wait for shipping then go to a library to rip the disc to a flash drive to put on my computer instead of having an instant download. I want to enjoy the music but I will not support staying behind. Innovation is why I love music. I also wouldn't mind lowering the carbon footprint of plastic and paper used in a physical release. I really want to get on board with the new HU music, but will have to wait for digital releases or pirated copies

The fact that you've just mentioned the fact you pirate music has not helped your cause at all.

Like Elipton says, get your head around HU's business model, it's certainly not implemented out of convenience because there is a considerable amount of overhead costs to create these physical products in the first place.

Personally i would much rather support this model, buy these nice shiny digipacks, and end up with a nice, well crafted product, as opposed to a bunch of 1 and 0's thrown at me with artwork.

Torpex Christ on a bike, why are you being such dicks? The guy raised a perfectly legitimate objection.

"who buys a pc without a bloody dvd drive????"

I'm in the middle of buying a custom-built 13" laptop. Guess what - no optical drive. I don't need it. I do have a handy USB CD/DVD burner, but I only use it to prepare for gigs. I can't remember the last time I actually installed anything off a CD or DVD. Even when I buy hardware and there's a driver disk, I prefer to download the latest version. It's not "too early" to abandon optical drives - they're being abandoned for a good reason and most users never look back.

It's an ever-growing hurdle CD-only release model will have to circumvent - and fast. Which is why I'm super-excited to learn what the HU brains are coming up with. :)
djDMS Who's being a dick?

Legitimate opinion? Yes.

Delivered constructively? Nope!
Torpex Show me one part of his post that wasn't constructive. And no, the "pirate" angle doesn't count, because it was used to support a very good point.
Cyrax I dont mind either way, as long as the music keeps coming
Vladel Most tablets sync to a pc which presumably would have an optical drive in any case. I do accept that pcs get most of their support online and most now have partitions on the hard disk for backing up and recovering their operating system. If you want to buy a machine that relies on these things then it is up to you whereas I would rather have the disk option which unlike a hard disk cannot be corrupted. If your operating system back up gets corrupted then you are knackered. USB drives are cheap enough these days if you insist on buying something that doesn't have one built in but I don't see that being HU's problem.

No one here is being a dick apart from the person who came on here blaming HU and saying that if you don't change your business model I'm just going to steal your goods anyway! That is the sum total of the post in question. The piracy thing does come into it because that is the entire point that he won't get a USB drive or go to the library or whatever and he will just steal the the music when someone puts it online digitally. If someone won't spend ?10 on a USB drive, what makes you think he will pay for the stuff when it is digitally available and just as easy to download it pirated?
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
Show me one part of his post that wasn't constructive. And no, the "pirate" angle doesn't count, because it was used to support a very good point.

Are you joking?
He's effectively blaming the label for releasing CD's. If he wants to listen to CD's and rip them, he can spend as little as ?6 on a USB optical drive.
The only dick here is the dude who's charged on here and called everyone dicks.
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
Show me one part of his post that wasn't constructive. And no, the "pirate" angle doesn't count, because it was used to support a very good point.

You agreeing with him doesn't mean his point any more valid.

The underlying 'HU is now shit because they don't do enough downloads' opinion is one i disagree with, simple as that.

Bringing piracy into it left him open to criticism whatever the initial point might have been.

I'm not a dick because i prefer CD's anymore than you are for wanting downloads.
Torpex You might not view it as such, but yes, I think the attitude towards DJ-KC is dickish. You'll have a hard time finding a bigger supporter for HU than myself, and I'll defend them with passion, but well-reasoned criticism is essential - even if it's voiced harshly and with lots of hyperbole.

quote:
USB drives are cheap enough these days if you insist on buying something that doesn't have one built in but I don't see that being HU's problem.

It totally is HU's problem if the entire user landscape is shifting in this direction. To suggest that someone should buy an extra piece of hardware for this one label, while buying all other music digitally, isn't too realistic.

quote:
The piracy thing does come into it because that is the entire point that he won't get a USB drive or go to the library or whatever and he will just steal the the music when someone puts it online digitally.

I don't blame him. He's a customer who wants to support the music he loves and simply expects it to be available in a format he can use. Other providers of music he loves fulfill this expectation. HU should react and bridge this gap. It can be done without hurting the tangible side of things. :)
GrahamC Even as new technology comes in I refuse to believe that we don't all know somebody with a CD drive in their PC that would be happy for you to rip the album on their PC for you!

As an IT professional, despite my own works lappy having no optical drive, I think the average person abandoning the format now is being pretty stupid. Install from CD/DVD vs Download, eat your HDD space and then install - its a no brainer
GrahamC HU don't have to do anything they don't want to!

HU want to release CDs. Majority on here seem happy with that.

He doesn't have to buy a PC with a CD drive.

He is therefore not able to play CDs. That is his choice. Not an excuse to pirate the material.
Torpex GrahamC, of course nobody HAS to do anything. However, I'm assuming HU cares about expanding the loyal fanbase, and that means, in the format/distribution area, catering to the expectations of people outside the 10-person hhc.com majority. ;) People already used to 100% digital models, reasonably expecting labels to adapt.

And besides, the guy seems to be of the pirate-and-donate kind, not pirate-and-don't-give-a-****. He WANTS to give HU his money, just in his (and the world's, as it happens) preferred format. :)

EDIT: Again, to emphasize, I'm arguing for tangible AND intangible. HU, in their current position, have options to neatly bridge this gap and cater to both worlds.
GrahamC I don't think you can say Digital is the worlds preferred format. I am not long back from HMV on my lunch break, it's busy and there was a decent sized queue, same at CEX. CDs in their hands.

'the guy seems to be of the pirate-and-donate kind, not pirate-and-don't-give-a-****' vs. 'but will have to wait for digital releases or pirated copies'

and how is he going to donate - 'Hi HU, I have illegally downloaded your albums, have some money'? How many people illegally downloading do you know who are doing that?

CDJAY says 'we have to primarily support the CD model' - obviously he has a good reason to have this point of view as as neither you or I have any inside intricate knowledge of their business it is extremely arrogant of you (or anybody else) to tell him or any other business what they need to do. It is theirs to run as they feel best.
Torpex I would definitely argue that digital is already dominant in HU's target group. In any case, it's a huge chunk of the market.

quote:
and how is he going to donate - 'Hi HU, I have illegally downloaded your albums, have some money'? How many people illegally downloading do you know who are doing that?

*sigh* I'm not saying he's going to do that. I'm saying that his hinted piracy would result from his inability to obtain music in a format he's comfortable with, not from an a priori intent to steal.

I don't think making business-related suggestions is arrogant in the slightest, but each to their own. While CDJay did say that CD is now their main and preferred format (and I do have a vested interest in things staying this way), he also mentioned that they've got "an agreeable middle ground mapped out", which is great news for everyone.
GrahamC "I would definitely argue that digital is already dominant in HU's target group. In any case, it's a huge chunk of the market."

Singles yes, albums, No.
Elipton I think it's important to identify that HU is not a service. It's a company that releases music, and music - being subjective - is either take it or leave it. Labels should not be obliged to cater for the every need of their user. If a user is not compatible with the release, by no means is the label obliged to change their ethos of business model or that person. As it goes, HU release on CD, and that's a format most people have access to. I've seen labels release on vinyl-only recently, and the fans have either had to invest to enjoy, or leave it. It's not the labels problem.

If this KC guy wants to rip the music, he can buy an optical drive.
latininxtc Wow that blew up very quickly!

I personally didn't like what DJ-KC said about HU's practices, and yes he is entitled to his opinion, but when he ends it with pirating the music as a solution, he lost all and any credibility there.

People who pirate music and come on here and explain their reason behind it are just full of shit. They never intended to pay for it in the first place, and are trying to find any reasoning whatsoever to blame other entities for leaving them no other choice, and for making themselves feel better about not having to pay for anything.

And I think the whole carbon footprint comment was a joke as well. You do realize that whether you buy the format in a digipak or digital download, you are still essentially supporting music where the artists travel around the world on fuel-burning planes and perform in facilities where they don't get the majority of their energy, if any, from environmentally-safe sources.
Samination
quote:
Wow that blew up very quickly!

I personally didn't like what DJ-KC said about HU's practices, and yes he is entitled to his opinion, but when he ends it with pirating the music as a solution, he lost all and any credibility there.

People who pirate music and come on here and explain their reason behind it are just full of shit. They never intended to pay for it in the first place, and are trying to find any reasoning whatsoever to blame other entities for leaving them no other choice, and for making themselves feel better about not having to pay for anything.

And I think the whole carbon footprint comment was a joke as well. You do realize that whether you buy the format in a digipak or digital download, you are still essentially supporting music where the artists travel around the world on fuel-burning planes and perform in facilities where they don't get the majority of their energy, if any, from environmentally-safe sources.

I'd like you to explain how I ended up buying Hardcore instead of pirating it. But then maybe I could say it myself :P
It was actually the reversed. I started buying because the songs I like wasn't pirated yet.

Anyways, saying that pirates never buy is as dumb as when pirated say "it's digital information, it doesnt hurt sales", which everyone knows it isn't true to some extent. But I have to agree with everyone, saying that he'd pirate it didnt help his cause, as I think CDJay would probably help him get a digital copy if he bought the CD.
Elipton
quote:
quote:
Wow that blew up very quickly!

I'd like you to explain how I ended up buying Hardcore instead of pirating it. But then maybe I could say it myself :P
It was actually the reversed. I started buying because the songs I like wasn't pirated yet.

Anyways, saying that pirates never buy is as dumb as when pirated say "it's digital information, it doesnt hurt sales", which everyone knows it isn't true to some extent. But I have to agree with everyone, saying that he'd pirate it didnt help his cause, as I think CDJay would probably help him get a digital copy if he bought the CD.

I think piracy is necessary to a small extent. I found Hardcore by inexpensively trying out various genres that eventually led me to Hardcore - which at the time was the holy grail of music for me. I wouldn't have found it without Limewire, but as I got involved, I bought loads of music. However, what's ironic is that 99% of my Hardcore albums are 2nd hand. The music I own has been bought from other people, so my money doesn't go to the label or artists anyway. Now that I'm having my own albums pirated and shared across various Russian and Chinese websites, I'm not too concerned about it. I suppose as a small indie label owner, seeing THG being talked about and enjoyed is solace, because there's very little I can do to stop that movement.
Warnman That'll be a must-have purchase for me!
DJ-KC Wow my comment really took off.

To clear some things up. (possibly confuse things more) In this case I really like HU and really want to spend my money on these releases. I understand that HU has a business model they want to stick to. If that works for them it is their business. I simply wanted to voice my opinion about the lack of digital downloads because I do hope this label would consider catering to a demographic that prefers digital downloads. It seems as if their loyal fans are satisfied with physical releases and I understand how changing release formats could affect the company in negative ways.

about the piracy

I find this specific situation to be very interesting. It seems like HU prefers to have physical releases to control piracy and have a more stable release. In my case the physical release has driven me to pursue a pirated copy. I think HU's intended outcome of a physical release has been reversed. I included this detail to share to HU possible side effects of only releasing physical versions. I am not advocating piracy.

CDJay, I am excited to hear about the new ideas for downloading releases. I hope something can work to satisfy more listeners and protect the artists' content

To all the people saying I am stupid for not having an optical drive: For me, HU releases would be the only thing an optical drive would get used for. I think optical drives are fine for people that use them. I like moving toward new technology and yes, sometimes moving too fast gets you caught in some sticky situations.

Torpex, Thanks for having my back. I am not sure if you agree with me completely, but I do appreciate your respect.

I am slightly sorry for running this thread off tangent. This thread is about the Brisk release and I think it looks fantastic. One of my first Hardcore CD's was the Off Yer Nut 2 Brisk Mix. I only had one disc from the 3 haha. I loved it and am excited to see a newer release like this.
Elipton
quote:
In my case the physical release has driven me to pursue a pirated copy.

You're not driven to do anything. You choose to obtain the CD by unlawful means ignoring the obvious choices available to you.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

You're not driven to do anything. You choose to obtain the CD by unlawful means ignoring the obvious choices available to you.

choices? there's one one choice and it would cost him to much.

Also, I just heard (and I somehow still dont believe it) but in Sweden spotify makes up 70% of the market.
GrahamC
quote:
quote:

Bang on! And if he has the Off Yer Nut 2 CD which he loves, how the hell is he listening to it?

Rather than pirate it, accept it is not on a media form you can access and leave it alone, don't steal it. Your post only confirms you as a piece of thieving scum.

djDMS Buy it and ask nicely for the download?
GrahamC I'd have ripped it for him if he put up a picture of him holding the CD and a newspaper with his name scrawled on it but since he didn't even ask anybody nicely and went straight for the piracy route he can go poke it.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
quote:
quote:

Bang on! And if he has the Off Yer Nut 2 CD which he loves, how the hell is he listening to it?

Rather than pirate it, accept it is not on a media form you can access and leave it alone, don't steal it. Your post only confirms you as a piece of thieving scum.

When did he ever say that he never had a CD/DVD-rom drive?
Elliott +1 for the "I wouldn't be on this forum right now without piracy" crew!
Hard2Get
quote:
quote:
quote:

Also, I just heard (and I somehow still dont believe it) but in Sweden spotify makes up 70% of the market.

This has been discussed so many times though. If you can't afford something then you just can't have it in the same way that if you go into a shop and like something that you can't afford you don't steal it lol. No one owes anyone anything.
CDJay Wow, this is fun

As already alluded to we have a plan to "bridge the gap", as it were.

As far as "cost" goes, our entire model is based on attempting to offer up phenomenal relative value versus per-track-digital alternatives and garner enough interest to make the whole thing feasible and sustainable.

It should be increasingly obvious that this is a model that a lot of people industry side are eyeing up adopting and which would bring a HUGE increase in exciting projects involving UK Hardcore past, present and future. It's a watershed opportunity that can actually offer a real win/win/win for everyone.

We're entirely aware that there's work to be done in terms of digital delivery (I like the Amazon model where they rip the CD for you, essentially) and it is being discussed. We're a small outfit and we're juggling a *lot*. Added to which we're talking about further significant investment on the web store, which is something we're definitely going to do but *not* before we have a very fleshed out idea of what we want now and in the future. Bad decisions made in haste will cause infinitely more problems down the road for everyone.

In the meantime, if *you* support these projects we will be able to greenlight, and chase down, some more cool ones.

CDJay
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:

If he can't afford a ?6 optical USB drive, then he can't afford the music. Therefore there's not an issue.
Triquatra lol, what a thread!
CD2 is droolworthy, and although I haven't heard many of the songs on CD1 and 3 I'm sure they're awesome too
Can't wait to get my hands on this album...just waiting for money to swing my way.
My only complaint about HU is that they decided to make all these stupidly good albums at a time when money is tight in our household ;)

Just had a thought! Maybe I could sell some of these countless methods of reading optical media I have hanging around the place seeing as it appears people seem to be having trouble finding *such* an archaic and rare system! :D
Samination
quote:
If he can't afford a ?6 optical USB drive, then he can't afford the music. Therefore there's not an issue.

the issue here is that you cant stand losing an arguement, because where the f* can you find a USB drive for only 6 quid? 2nd hand? Well then he can buy the album 2nd hand aswell and then no one gets anything out of it.

And going back to the "topic at hand", supplying a digital download copy with a disc (through an URL obviously) could also be an method.
Elipton
quote:
quote:

the issue here is that you cant stand losing an arguement, because where the f* can you find a USB drive for only 6 quid? 2nd hand? Well then he can buy the album 2nd hand aswell and then no one gets anything out of it.

And going back to the "topic at hand", supplying a digital download copy with a disc (through an URL obviously) could also be an method.

Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-External-Portable-CD-ROM-Drive/dp/B001GRNM6K/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1391117530&sr=1-2&keywords=optical+drive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-External-CD-ROM-Drive-Black/dp/B001GII16K/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1391117530&sr=1-3&keywords=optical+drive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-CD-ROM-DRIVE-BLACK/dp/B00ENHLCTY/ref=sr_1_6?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1391117530&sr=1-6&keywords=optical+drive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/External-Portable-CD-ROM-Optical-Desktop/dp/B00CI3SC5C/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1391117627&sr=1-4&keywords=cd+drive

I've already won this debate. He says he cant get CDs because he doesnt have CD drive, I suggested an obvious solution. Problem solved. Buy a USB CD drive, buy a CD, happy days. If you can't afford it, miss out until you can. Simples!
GrahamC Wow! Thats so cheap it's almost throw-away kit!
latininxtc Here are some American options for you

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-Super-External-Portable-CD-ROM/dp/B0027C8M8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391123307&sr=8-1&keywords=external+usb+cd+drive

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-External-Combo-CD-RW-Burner/dp/B006DUDWXI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391123380&sr=8-2&keywords=external+usb+cd+drive

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-External-CD-RW-Combo-Writer/dp/B002782LTG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1391123380&sr=8-3&keywords=external+usb+cd+drive
Elipton Wow look at those prices! I am so seduced by these discounts and free US delivery!

And look at this impressive ?20 car stereo! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-CQ-C1021N-CD-Player/dp/B0009VLM0W/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1391127958&sr=1-3&keywords=cd+player+car
latininxtc
quote:
Wow look at those prices! I am so seduced by these discounts and free US delivery!

And look at this impressive ?20 car stereo! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-CQ-C1021N-CD-Player/dp/B0009VLM0W/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1391127958&sr=1-3&keywords=cd+player+car

lol are you being a sarcastic dick?
Elipton
quote:
quote:
Wow look at those prices! I am so seduced by these discounts and free US delivery!

lol are you being a sarcastic dick?

of course!
arpz Been a bit quiet on the HU front but we must be getting close so I'm bumping this for some HYPE!
CDJay Thought we'd give some insight into the process behind albums like this, so we've uploaded a comparison between the version of Eye Opener which opened CD3 until we scored a better quality source. See? Prayer does work.

This is actually a fairly generous comparison, as restorative mastering work was already undertaken on the original version so it's comparison between what we could do with what we had versus what we could do with what we'd far rather have had.

I'll link directly to soundcloud as there's a bit more blurb there.

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/digital-restoration-re

There are other interesting examples, one being the currently available brick walled version of the Ultrasonic remix versus our more tempered approach utilising unmastered asset sourced from an obscure CD single released in '98.

If people find this sort of stuff interesting, we may make more of an effort to explain and document the process (and our reasoning behind it) going forward. Let us know!

CDJay

P.S: Album out soon. Promise. UK people *might* get it on the 29th, worst case 31st. EU around 31st also, ROW should be that week.

CDJay edit: wrong button. Which might explain that first recording

CDJay

piumaki
quote:

EU around 31st also, ROW should be that week.

That's good a couple of day after my bday :)

Impulse_Response Just listened on soundcloud and the difference is impressive! I would love to know more about what goes into the production of these albums.
Samination to much reverb (echo?) if you ask me :P

Also, I didnt miss that there where barely any tracks with Fade. Was there really an fallout between paul and him?
arpz Was chuffed to read this on FB earlier, fantastic insight and I think it's a really nice bit of extra info, I can see a lot of people being interested in this side of things, I hope people speak up and say so!
Bad Corey
quote:
If people find this sort of stuff interesting, we may make more of an effort to explain and document the process (and our reasoning behind it) going forward. Let us know!

CDJay

I for one would absolutely love to hear about the entire process. I find this sort of thing fascinating.
Vladel Where's the bloody album CDJAY??????
djDMS Brisk actually bothered to share the updated release details.

Personally, i think he should spend more time plugging other stuff and posting stupid selfies on Facebook....
Rodz90 Does this process apply to First Order for the older tracks?
CDJay The stuff on "First Order", by and large, already existed in pristine form. It did, admittedly, take a while to get all the assets in place (tracks, label copy, art sign off).

The most comprehensive restoration work invariably involves stuff pre 2000, when DATs were commonplace. Marc Smiths album featured a load of stuff off DAT, which had been in storage for a decade or more. The problem is that a lot of the time the original artist or label don't have the track in question, which means a fair amount of detective work must be employed to source the required track.

I actually used to be fairly on top of collecting digital copies of classic 90s stuff (CDJay as a monicker being born from that) but whilst impressive it's far from complete. Even when I have a track, it's not always the best possible copy (Eye Opener being just one example).

Depending on how things go this year, we're looking into acquiring release rights for entire catalogues of oldskool HH/Trancecore stuff with a view to restoring and offering for sale digitally. I remember nabbing the bulk of the Impact catalog from Beats 24-7 back in the day and even back then I had Ruffage restore a bunch of compromised DAT transfers for my own use. I then supplied those back to Beats 24-7. Coz I'm a lovely guy.

Without intending on sounding tooooooooooo critical of others, I want to get hold of as many unmastered assets as possible rather then relying on the current trend of brickwalling everything then throwing the DATs/CDs/Data away as if a fatiguing block of harsh noise is in some way a good idea for archiving.

It's genuinely terrifying how few people keep unmastered .wav files, these days. We try to insist on them for our projects (with increasingly variable success) as it means a much more consistant end result in mixes or album format. At least, as much as they glitch or got lost, back in the DAT/vinyl days people HAD to have them on DAT to send off to be mastered specifically for vinyl. Now it's fashionable to export, run through t-racks, and forget about it. This, in an era of huge cheap hard drives (which can be mirrored) and Cloud storage.

CDJay
Samination
quote:
The stuff on "First Order", by and large, already existed in pristine form. It did, admittedly, take a while to get all the assets in place (tracks, label copy, art sign off).

The most comprehensive restoration work invariably involves stuff pre 2000, when DATs were commonplace. Marc Smiths album featured a load of stuff off DAT, which had been in storage for a decade or more. The problem is that a lot of the time the original artist or label don't have the track in question, which means a fair amount of detective work must be employed to source the required track.

I actually used to be fairly on top of collecting digital copies of classic 90s stuff (CDJay as a monicker being born from that) but whilst impressive it's far from complete. Even when I have a track, it's not always the best possible copy (Eye Opener being just one example).

Depending on how things go this year, we're looking into acquiring release rights for entire catalogues of oldskool HH/Trancecore stuff with a view to restoring and offering for sale digitally. I remember nabbing the bulk of the Impact catalog from Beats 24-7 back in the day and even back then I had Ruffage restore a bunch of compromised DAT transfers for my own use. I then supplied those back to Beats 24-7. Coz I'm a lovely guy.

Without intending on sounding tooooooooooo critical of others, I want to get hold of as many unmastered assets as possible rather then relying on the current trend of brickwalling everything then throwing the DATs/CDs/Data away as if a fatiguing block of harsh noise is in some way a good idea for archiving.

It's genuinely terrifying how few people keep unmastered .wav files, these days. We try to insist on them for our projects (with increasingly variable success) as it means a much more consistant end result in mixes or album format. At least, as much as they glitch or got lost, back in the DAT/vinyl days people HAD to have them on DAT to send off to be mastered specifically for vinyl. Now it's fashionable to export, run through t-racks, and forget about it. This, in an era of huge cheap hard drives (which can be mirrored) and Cloud storage.

CDJay

I really do miss something like Beats 24-7
Vladel Why has it been delayed AGAIN?????
CDJay As everything, art and mix audio, was signed off we stumbled across the potential to have 3 tracks presented in far superior and integrated form. Once they were secured, audio had to be bounced between ourselves (UK), our mastering guy (Canada), Brisk (Australia), then back to Canada, then ourselves.

Given that Brisk was in the midst of moving, we pulled this all off with as much efficiency as we could muster.

Delaying an album means, inevitably, pissed off people emailing/posting on facebook/ringing Fracus. It causes us lots and lots of hassle, and is pretty much the last thing we want to do. The reason we did it here, is that we had a straight choice between the album being "right" or delayed slightly less. Given that we've been working on it since 2012, it seems churlish to ignore the last 5 metres to the summit because things are a bit nippy.

The other two releases were already being manufactured, so the assembly line isn't totally flooded. We were hoping to get stock on the 24th, but the courier couldn't be guaranteed everything would be 100% ready for pickup on the 21st so we had to settle for pickup on the 24th to be delivered to us on the 26th.

We hadn't posted much in the way of information before, because the situation is fluid. As soon as we got concrete dates, we supplied them with some insight into both the decision making process *and* audio examples of the benefits afforded thanks to this additional delay.

Not much else I can say; I'd rather this had come out long ago but at least now it's something I'll be proud of for all time instead of tinged with guilt and regret

CDJay
latininxtc
quote:

Delaying an album means, inevitably, pissed off people emailing/posting on facebook/ringing Fracus.

So, how many people actually genuinely do get pissed off that send you some pretty vocal/angry emails, private messages or posts on facebook or here? I haven't seen anything outrageous on public posts except for Vladel so I imagine the worst of it comes to you in private.

Should probably never put dates of release again until you have the physical product or a guaranteed shipment to you because that's pretty much the bulk of annoyance with most people. But no matter most people are completely satisfied with the end result that the extended wait ends up being completely forgotten.
CDJay TBH it's been a lot better, this time. Partly because people seem less distressed, and partly because it's a conscious decision on our part. With the initial launch released two tiny errors, which took us two days to correct, knocked us back a fortnight. With everything new, and unproven, it wasn't exactly how we wanted to end a genuinely traumatic and exhausting process heh!

CDJay
djDMS I for one, have no complaints about the delays - because that now means i can buy them before release :-)
arpz That's a point... any chance of seeing unmixed versions of the remastered oldies (brisk)? We keep demanding more but is there any reason why that's not possible? Maybe for the digital store? DLC for your CD haha

Anyway, amazing news about trying to acquire the rights to that old stuff too, really exciting and thanks for more details etc, really interesting :D The date can't come soon enough
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
That's a point... any chance of seeing unmixed versions of the remastered oldies (brisk)? We keep demanding more but is there any reason why that's not possible? Maybe for the digital store? DLC for your CD haha

Anyway, amazing news about trying to acquire the rights to that old stuff too, really exciting and thanks for more details etc, really interesting :D The date can't come soon enough

Well considering they're Brisk tracks of yore, they would more than likely have to be released through the Next Generation label since they're the rightful owners of the tracks. Unless of course Paul and Jon worked out a sweet deal to have them re-released under the HU label.
arpz
quote:
quote:
That's a point... any chance of seeing unmixed versions of the remastered oldies (brisk)? We keep demanding more but is there any reason why that's not possible? Maybe for the digital store? DLC for your CD haha

Well considering they're Brisk tracks of yore, they would more than likely have to be released through the Next Generation label since they're the rightful owners of the tracks. Unless of course Paul and Jon worked out a sweet deal to have them re-released under the HU label.

Slammin' Vinyl ‎? RAR015... guess that's out the window then!

CDJay Listened through the mix twice (!) again, today, when driving Darwin up record this months podcast. I seriously, seriously, doubt anyone who has been anticipating this album is going to be disappointed.

I still kinda wish we could have done more to the Wonderful World remix. As Robin so succinctly put it "The waveform is saturating only in the negative amplitude suggesting some broken circuitry on whatever it was mixed/recorded on at the time." Yea! That. Still, gotta work with what exists.

Roll on next Thursday. I seriously cannot wait to get this batch out!

edit: We'll have a chat w/ SV about potentially nabbing and restoring their entire catalogue over the summer. Let's get "Filth and Dumb Hatred", "Happy Hardcore Underground" and "HU Presents: Live @ Rehab" done first so I can dedicate the freakish amount of time and energy which will inevitably be required! Safe to say it'll have to be done in waves, heh.

CDJay
arpz
quote:
Listened through the mix twice (!) again, today, when driving Darwin up record this months podcast. I seriously, seriously, doubt anyone who has been anticipating this album is going to be disappointed.

I still kinda wish we could have done more to the Wonderful World remix. As Robin so succinctly put it "The waveform is saturating only in the negative amplitude suggesting some broken circuitry on whatever it was mixed/recorded on at the time." Yea! That. Still, gotta work with what exists.

Roll on next Thursday. I seriously cannot wait to get this batch out!

edit: We'll have a chat w/ SV about potentially nabbing and restoring their entire catalogue over the summer. Let's get "Filth and Dumb Hatred", "Happy Hardcore Underground" and "HU Presents: Live @ Rehab" done first so I can dedicate the freakish amount of time and energy which will inevitably be required! Safe to say it'll have to be done in waves, heh.

CDJay

We appreciate your unwavering dedication even if we do like to moan ;)
arpz Filth and Dumb Hatred <- This?! Have I missed some in-joke or did you just reveal something? F&D the 3rd?
CDJay Yea, think we confirmed that in a recent ravin eye piece and maybe on the last podcast? If not, definitely on the one recorded today.

CDJay
latininxtc Hmm judging by that name, does it have something to do with the dub/electrocore sound that's had mixed feelings as of late???
CDJay No.

CDJay
Dys7
quote:
No.

CDJay

So... Yes?
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
No.

CDJay

So... Yes?

lol ok I know what it is now. It's something we already knew was coming up but never knew the title of it, until now
Samination
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
No.

CDJay

So... Yes?

lol ok I know what it is now. It's something we already knew was coming up but never knew the title of it, until now

RFU Cd 002? :P
CDJay Later in the year, almost certainly. Be good to get some closure, could tie it in with the RFU back cat going up digitally

CDJay
djscavenger Definatly picking up this album when I get paid in a few weeks
Vladel delayed again
arpz
quote:
delayed again

source on that?
arpz
quote:
delayed again

Nonsense!

DJ Fracus via Hardcore Underground
5 mins ?

**SHIPPING TOMORROW**

The first in our new series of DJ friendly EPs ships from the HU store tomorrow, containing 10 upfront, unreleased, full length tracks. Even with the postage costs, you'll find this saves you money when compared with buying 10 .wavs on any of the mainstream sites we've previously used.

The EP is available alone, or as part of a bundle with the Brisk and Dougal & Gammer albums, you can order NOW and have the items shipped to you tomorrow at:

http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store
CDJay Everything exactly in line with what i said barring my death, ww3 etc?

CDJay
Vladel
quote:
quote:
delayed again

source on that?

HU site said 27th and this morning it says 31st. That's a delay
Casketkrusher Man love cd 2. Such a classics!
CDJay We said we were shipping on the 27th. Some will arrive on the Saturday, some on the Monday. So that was chosen as the "release date".

CDJay
Bad Corey
quote:
quote:
quote:
delayed again

source on that?

Why do you seem so ready to crucify HU over such a small unimportant matter? The fact that they're making physical product, muchless of this calibur, I feel like you should just appreciate getting the music at all.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
quote:
quote:
quote:
delayed again

source on that?

Why do you seem so ready to crucify HU over such a small unimportant matter? The fact that they're making physical product, muchless of this calibur, I feel like you should just appreciate getting the music at all.

Oh he's always a fucking mess like that. Even when things are right on time he finds something to bitch about.
djDMS FINALLY bought this and Storm & Euphony's album!

Vladel The album has been coming for years. I don't even care about most of it to be honest, i just want that song Every time that got the last 90 seconds of HU 5 disk 3 all that time ago. God knows what i would have paid for that track but the man himself or whoever decided we would have to wait and i have waited and waited growing more bitter about it.

I want that one song and the rest is a bonus.
latininxtc listened to this today and I lol'd at around 5:46

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/the-hardcore-underground

WAY off Gaz, way off! lol

Well glad it's out already and hope those who have received it are enjoying it. On with the Feedback thread!
CDJay Well, it was sort of done. We decided things needed redoing

FEEDBACK PLZ thx.

CDJay
Dys7 Hope I get it soon :D
arpz Given this a fairly good seeing too and it really has been worth the wait, whilst we all know how much Brisk has put out/had a hand in, to hear it all together in a package like (especially the mixed CD) this really brings it home.

I can honestly say that there isn't a weak track on here, well worth a purchase if you haven't already.

What's the consensus on using tracks from mixes in sets, is it frowned upon? *eyes up eyeopener*

How about 'Finish that Line' for pre-orderers now then CDJay? ;)
Vladel This finally arrived today, verdict later.
CDJay
quote:
Given this a fairly good seeing too and it really has been worth the wait, whilst we all know how much Brisk has put out/had a hand in, to hear it all together in a package like (especially the mixed CD) this really brings it home.

I can honestly say that there isn't a weak track on here, well worth a purchase if you haven't already.

What's the consensus on using tracks from mixes in sets, is it frowned upon? *eyes up eyeopener*

How about 'Finish that Line' for pre-orderers now then CDJay? ;)

The freebie will be sorted as soon as all the shipments go out, it's terrifyingly time consuming.

Glad you like it, it's been a labour of love for all involved!

CDJay
Vladel what the hell did S3rl do to airhead????? one of my favourite tracks ever has been reduced to something that sounds like cats being tortured.
djDMS
quote:
what the hell did S3rl do to airhead????? one of my favourite tracks ever has been reduced to something that sounds like cats being tortured.

Totally disagree. Would have been easy to do a straightforward remix but he grabbed hold of it and redid the whole thing in his own style.
Torpex I love the S3RL remix of Airhead. Creativity. :)
Samination
quote:
what the hell did S3rl do to airhead????? one of my favourite tracks ever has been reduced to something that sounds like cats being tortured.

Now I really wanna listen to it, since I disliked the original :P
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

Now I really wanna listen to it, since I disliked the original :P

You could go on soundcloud and preview it. Or even download it, because apparently someone uploaded the whole track on there.

And I like the S3RL remix. Just remembered that it was available on KFA's limited edition box. I'm not fan of the original Brisk version, but the SMD remix was way better.
djDMS Was available digitally on the Kniteforce store too i think.
latininxtc
quote:
Was available digitally on the Kniteforce store too i think.

Yes, but there's absolutely nothing special about getting the digital version!
djDMS Agreed. Glad i forked out a big wedge of wonga on the 20/20 boxset.
arpz
quote:
Agreed. Glad i forked out a big wedge of wonga on the 20/20 boxset.

Me too, but I did feel a little bit slighted when it was revealed just how much of the music was to be released outside of the box.. not that it would've changed my decision to purchase at all
Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:
Agreed. Glad i forked out a big wedge of wonga on the 20/20 boxset.

Me too, but I did feel a little bit slighted when it was revealed just how much of the music was to be released outside of the box.. not that it would've changed my decision to purchase at all

My dad bought the box set for me. All great. Then I saw the certificate with his name on it rather then mine!
Aren't all of the tracks due to be released digitally now? I'm almost positive I read that somewhere.

arpz I don't think it's all of it, but pretty close
Captain Triceps
quote:
I don't think it's all of it, but pretty close

There was a massive amount of extra music, not to mention all the samples and files and mixes, etc, and of course the box set itself. But still, you might expect a touch more exclusivity with the tracks for what we paid.
On the other hand, I imagine it's available on some dodgy site so I guess a few extra quid in the coffers for Luna-C is better then nothing extra, it's not like he's never given anything away before.
I'm not that selfish really, I mean music is for everyone and that, but, well... you know where I'm coming from. At least we got glowsticks and posters.
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
I don't think it's all of it, but pretty close

There was a massive amount of extra music, not to mention all the samples and files and mixes, etc, and of course the box set itself. But still, you might expect a touch more exclusivity with the tracks for what we paid.
On the other hand, I imagine it's available on some dodgy site so I guess a few extra quid in the coffers for Luna-C is better then nothing extra, it's not like he's never given anything away before.
I'm not that selfish really, I mean music is for everyone and that, but, well... you know where I'm coming from. At least we got glowsticks and posters.

Well yeah, though most of that had already been made available. I actually got the impression that he'd planned to keep it more exclusive but there was a lot of clamoring from people wanting it all and I think perhaps he underestimated how much demand there would be. I don't have a source for that quote though so I could be wrong

latininxtc Yea I too am a bit disappointed in the lack of exclusivity it has become. I honestly think he should have upped the amount of boxes being released and made it COMPLETELY exclusive.
HollowRipper Can't even tell you how long i've been waiting for most of these tracks. But it's a long blooming time. Was waiting for me when i got home for my dinner today, went straight in the cd player.

Amazing.

More than worth the wait, was never even tempted to skip any track. And the DJ mix is, well, Brisk at his best really. Love it.

(But i still want Twatris vip)
CDJay Yay!

Now I can sleep, somewhat sated. Fankoo!

CDJay
Samination
quote:
Yea I too am a bit disappointed in the lack of exclusivity it has become. I honestly think he should have upped the amount of boxes being released and made it COMPLETELY exclusive.

tbh I still think exclusivity kills most of the stuff. I dont mind if it's exclusive 2-3 years after original release, but if they really want people to hear their music, they should (re-)release it eventually. They dont earn money by letting it dissapear.
Bad Corey
quote:
quote:
Yea I too am a bit disappointed in the lack of exclusivity it has become. I honestly think he should have upped the amount of boxes being released and made it COMPLETELY exclusive.

tbh I still think exclusivity kills most of the stuff. I dont mind if it's exclusive 2-3 years after original release, but if they really want people to hear their music, they should (re-)release it eventually. They dont earn money by letting it dissapear.

I paid 150 USD to Starstruck for the entire AWF catalogue when he pulled them off the download sites back in 2011. I wasn't exactly pleased to see the whole thing go up for free.
Vladel Well back to the brisk album! First off i'm a massive Brisk fan and always have been. I can't help feeling that CD1 being labelled as "upfront" could be taken as a statement of sarcasm as most of these tracks have been around for some time but until now unreleased. I can't help thinking that it's almost criminal that we have had to wait so long for some music to finally get out there.

Disk 1:- upfront lol
-My heartbeat, Into the sunlight, falling into you, Fukk me harder and break the concrete aren't weak tracks by any means (the breakbeat track on the disk is the weak one for me), but they aren't overly strong either.
- The fracus/Al storm remix of your angel has me split down the middle and i'm not sure if i like it or not. it's mostly down to liking some elements of it and hating others to be honest.
- Feel the friction and nothing to say both featured on HU6 and like the first lot are good tracks but nothing special and as they are brisks newer stuff makes me worry a little about what his future work might be and how many years we will have to wait to get our hands on it.
-Tweakers and speakers Is very much a grower and it's the third best track on the disk while never w been is pretty good too.
-Life's a journey and Every time are easily some of brisks best ever work and it's criminal that the wait has been this long, particularly Every time. All hardcore should sound like that belter. It's definitely going to get into my top 10 of all time.

Disk 2 remixes:-
Most of these are good for filling spaces in your older track selection if you like them but for me it's the newer remixes of love of my life and reach out that make this disk worth it.

Disk 3 mixed by brisk:-
Ok the only mixing i listened to is between eyeopener and on & on and it's bloody epic by todays standards and i think the rest is probably just as good. The tracks are not the ones i would have liked to hear him mix from his vast collection of works over the years but that is just taste i'm afraid and the selection could not please everyone. Thankfully the mix wasn't just tracks from the previous disks like other albums like this so that is refreshing. The major point is the aforementioned utter destruction of airhead by S3rl but it seems other folk here seemed to like that so i'll shut up.

Highlights have to be Every time/Life's a journey and the almost full length and incredible quality eyeopener.
Let downs have to be the age of the tracks and if this is really his first (ie suggests a second) If he starts writing now and HU put it together we might see it before 2019???

Where does it rank in recent HU projects?? Well it's nowhere near HU6, HU2013 or This is powerstomp. Its far superior to Marc smiths effort and anything Farcus & Darwin have done and so i think it ranks next to Al Storm and Euphony's album. Musically, it's better than mind over matter but the material is dated so i think Mind over matter wins out. Don't get me wrong i would rather have this album than not have it and perhaps it is worth the wait because a lot of the music is very good. There really isn't a lot of weak music on here but i would have perhaps rather singular releases of the good tracks instead of having to wait 3 years for Every time.
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:

I paid 150 USD to Starstruck for the entire AWF catalogue when he pulled them off the download sites back in 2011. I wasn't exactly pleased to see the whole thing go up for free.

Nor would I, that's outrageous!
DJ Reevzy Just got the latest HU bundle...fookin wicked! Can't beat a bit of Brisk!
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wow 150??? That's insane and you totally got ripped off. I don't think he should have charged more than 100 for that.
Dogsy Saturday- didn't turn up, nor yesterday or today- pre ordered ages ago, only got confirmation email this morning :( I hope its worth the wait ;)
CDJay What's the track and trace say?

Still not entirely up to date, but all preorders are out at least!

CDJay
Dogsy Just had a look 'It's on its way' Hopefully tomorrow!! :)
_Jay_

I didn't get an "It's on its way" e-mail. :-(

CDJay I thought i got yours out yesterday, Jay. Sextons went out today. Should be Thursday

CDJay
Bad Corey
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

wow 150??? That's insane and you totally got ripped off. I don't think he should have charged more than 100 for that.

To be honest, it was actually a bit of a deal at the time. The pack included every single release, along with all free releases, and every single piece of art including all the variances of the label logo. I think it came to something like 96 total tracks, that were typically only available from a site that sold them at $2 a pop, so 150 was actually a discount.

But not nearly as much a discount as free.
piumaki Yeah bundle received right now!!!!!! :D
djchexmixer Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee I received a "Your order has been shipped!" email!

Freaking sweet! Very exciting. w00
_Jay_
quote:

I can assure you James (Starstruck) is not the guy to "rip people" off. From memory, he made a post on here about winding the label up. He then said as an afterword that if people were interested he could possibly do a slightly discounted price for the whole lot - and a small number of people took him up on it. He didn't aggressively market the offer to try and just
grab some cash at the last minute, as the label was finishing up.

Edit: That's not just aimed at you specifically, Stevo. Just the situation/people's comments in general.

quote:
I thought i got yours out yesterday, Jay. Sextons went out today. Should be Thursday

CDJay

Yes, thank you mate - I got them yesterday. Sexton's haven't arrived yet - but I'm sure they will tomorrow. :-)

djDMS Got mine today.

Thrilled is an understatement
Quicksilver Love CD1! Haven't listened to CD3 yet though.

How bloody awesome is Reach Out (Brisk 2013 Remix), Every Time ('90s Revival Mix) and, of course, the big favourite, Life's A Journey?! Those three stand out the most! Never heard the former two before so nice surprise!
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Love CD1! Haven't listened to CD3 yet though.

How bloody awesome is Reach Out (Brisk 2013 Remix), Every Time ('90s Revival Mix) and, of course, the big favourite, Life's A Journey?! Those three stand out the most! Never heard the former two before so nice surprise!

the mix is awesome!
GrahamC CD3 is the single best mix in terms of the mixing itself! Absolutely stunning, audio heaven!
wong Got this wednesday, had a good listen to all disks last night, starting off with the mix which didn't disappoint at all, love it. Would love to get that vip version of twatris though.

The unmixed cds were just as good, gonna enjoy mixing these tunes, honestly dont think there is 1 track that i wouldn't stick in a mix. Stand out tracks for me were 'i want your love' and 'into the sunlight'

Overall fantastic album by mr. Brisk and great effort from hardcore underground for getting it out there, proving once again why they are the best label in hardcore :)

Surprised there hasn't been more feedback tho tbh
Mickey Init It's a great album! I managed to get all the discs listened to this week. The Shimamura remix of "Free" (Brisk & V.A.G.A.B.O.N.D.) is a good effort! One or two parts of it sound a bit off-key, though. (I think it's the bass in one or two places, if I remember right!)

Disc 3 typifies the Brisk style perfectly. No regrets with buying this CD whatsoever!
djDMS I'm still taking in the sheer magnitude of the whole thing!
Samination can you hold a copy of this until the end of the month cdjay? i have sadly not bought it yet :(
Might aswell buy the LethalTheory one aswell
CDJay Sure thing, will put one aside. More albums hitting end month

CDJay
_Jay_

The wholesomeness of the kicks of the modern stuff is fcuking magical and something I've been crying out for.

Dogsy Well worth the wait. CD 1 is my favourite. Never Been Away, My Heartbeat, Break The Concrete, Lifes A Journey. So glad to finally have these. Feel The Friction, Hold Your Head Up (wow) and Into The Sunlight are favourites too. Love the newer remixes from CD2 such as Love Of My Life and I'm Not An Addict. And of course the DJ Mix is awesome- nice to hear some older tracks amongst new. Very impressed with the remixes of Stay Here Forever and Free- newer style of Hardcore but work really well. And All Together Now is just amazing.

All in all a great effort. If you love all things Brisk grab it. And of course great work from the collaborators. Brisk & Darwin are great as always and it will be awesome to hear more with Technikore- the two work really well together :)
DJBoydy Anyone know what happened to Brisk/Gammer - Finish That Line ???

Thought it was being sent out to everyone who ordered the album ???

Any news ???
djDMS They're really busy, it'll come eventually.
arpz Yeah I've been moaning about this everytime something happens, I'm sure it'll come eventually :)
latininxtc ok Why didn't it make the album??? Was it not finished in time?

Also, any chance Brisk is willing to give away his remix of Bulletproof for free? Clearly it didn't make the album because he couldn't get the proper licensing to release the single, so he might as well just give it away for free if he can't properly profit off of it being released unmixed and dj friendly.
arpz
quote:
ok Why didn't it make the album??? Was it not finished in time?

It was too long to fit, there's a quote on this board somewhere :)
HollowRipper
quote:
ok Why didn't it make the album??? Was it not finished in time?

Also, any chance Brisk is willing to give away his remix of Bulletproof for free? Clearly it didn't make the album because he couldn't get the proper licensing to release the single, so he might as well just give it away for free if he can't properly profit off of it being released unmixed and dj friendly.

I would just like to ditto this, but also for Twatris VIP. I'm desperate for that tune!
djDMS Brisk gas already said Twatris isn't getting a release :-(
latininxtc
quote:
Brisk gas

That must smell awful, like roo and habaneros

And too long? awful excuse! maybe something else should have been cut! It's a brilliant tune!
arpz
quote:
quote:
Brisk gas

That must smell awful, like roo and habaneros

And too long? awful excuse! maybe something else should have been cut! It's a brilliant tune!

It was one of the ones I was most looking forward too and I was all like 'rawwrrrrrrr!!' when it didn't appear on the t/l, now though, owning the album, I don't really know what I'd swap it for, so I'm perfectly happy with a late download
Elliott
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

I can assure you James (Starstruck) is not the guy to "rip people" off. From memory, he made a post on here about winding the label up. He then said as an afterword that if people were interested he could possibly do a slightly discounted price for the whole lot - and a small number of people took him up on it. He didn't aggressively market the offer to try and just
grab some cash at the last minute, as the label was finishing up.

+1. Spoken to him a fair bit and he seems like a great guy.

Given the number of EPs on AWF, I'd say they put out at least 100 tunes which makes 150 a reasonable price.

It seems like the label was coming to an end and he tried to make what he could out of the tracks but then gave up and released them for free. Nothing sinister. Somewhat unlucky for those that bought the bundle but I'd consider it a donation because I don't think the AWF artists were ever adequately compensated for their work.

HollowRipper
quote:
Brisk gas already said Twatris isn't getting a release :-(

:-(

Thought he might give it as a freebie or summet, to his loyal fans and all that...

I dunno, i'm just gutted!

CD3 is still in my car cd player and has been since released. Literally on repeat ever since. Still not bored of it. It's amazing!
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by Dogsy:
Well worth the wait. CD 1 is my favourite. Never Been Away, My Heartbeat, Break The Concrete, Lifes A Journey. So glad to finally have these. Feel The Friction, Hold Your Head Up (wow) and Into The Sunlight are favourites too. Love the newer remixes from CD2 such as Love Of My Life and I'm Not An Addict. And of course the DJ Mix is awesome- nice to hear some older tracks amongst new. Very impressed with the remixes of Stay Here Forever and Free- newer style of Hardcore but work really well. And All Together Now is just amazing.

All in all a great effort. If you love all things Brisk grab it. And of course great work from the collaborators. Brisk & Darwin are great as always and it will be awesome to hear more with Technikore- the two work really well together :)

Into The Sunlight - was presuming you meant the Brisk & Vagabond track but see this was on CD1 of the album by Brisk & Technikore. Is this a completely new track or does it have the same vocals as the Brisk & Vagabond one?

Samination Peopl will be as dissapointed at the lack of tracks on this as on Sharkey's album. Wasn't that going to be massive originally?
latininxtc
quote:
Peopl will be as dissapointed at the lack of tracks on this as on Sharkey's album. Wasn't that going to be massive originally?

Disappointed at the lack of tracks on Paul's album? That's just you. I've been reading nothing but praise on this album on here and everywhere else.
CDJay Obviously space constraints meant that some stuff wasn't going to be on CDs 1/2; in the end it was more how they flowed for playback than anything,

re: the Sharkey album, I have no doubt that we cannot possibly fit everything everyone wants on the CD itself *but* we are hoping to have digital delivery sorted on the store over the summer. So even if something isn't on the CD, it'll be possible to get the track in question (if it still exists in a listenable form).

CDJay
Claxton
quote:

Is the VIP much different? The original version definitely was made available on the 'Hardcore Nation CD' because I have it on my hard drive.
Samination
quote:
quote:
Peopl will be as dissapointed at the lack of tracks on this as on Sharkey's album. Wasn't that going to be massive originally?

Disappointed at the lack of tracks on Paul's album? That's just you. I've been reading nothing but praise on this album on here and everywhere else.

Considering Brisk backcat, yea it's dissapointing :P
Either that, or Brisk doesnt keep much stuff unreleased, which I do like
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
quote:

Is the VIP much different? The original version definitely was made available on the 'Hardcore Nation CD' because I have it on my hard drive.

I honestly have no idea mate, not one of my favourites so haven't paid much attention to the different
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
quote:

I honestly have no idea mate, not one of my favourites so haven't paid much attention to the different

There's a noticeable difference.
djDMS ....if you like either enough to notice
HollowRipper
quote:
quote:

lol yeah, there's a considerable difference between the two. I have the original, but i'm desperate for the VIP!
Sulphurik Rapido - Inside Beat (Haze Remix) sounding great.
arpz So what's happening with Finish that Line? I haven't forgotten but maybe CDJay has? Will continue to hassle :)
latininxtc
quote:
So what's happening with Finish that Line? I haven't forgotten but maybe CDJay has? Will continue to hassle :)

Since that wasn't featured on this album perhaps it would have been wise to have it on Gammer's upcoming album. He is after all half of that track.
CDJay We're trying to get some back end stuff done to the site which will enable linked-to-account mp3/.wav downloading with ownership. If we don't make some serious progress with that by end July we'll fall back on bulk e-mailing.

CDJay
latininxtc OR you can put it on a DJ Tools vol. 3! But that one is best to speed up on producing and releasing because that track is incredible
arpz
quote:
We're trying to get some back end stuff done to the site which will enable linked-to-account mp3/.wav downloading with ownership. If we don't make some serious progress with that by end July we'll fall back on bulk e-mailing.

CDJay

Sweet, thanks! Only problem is, I don't think I had an account when I bought it...Whatever, I'm sure it'll get sorted out ;) Thanks!
CDJay We will ensure that there's the ability to link orders to accounts, in case of instances like this. Let's face it, there's bound to be. Best to presume the need for functionality from the off

CDJay
trippnface
quote:
We're trying to get some back end stuff done to the site which will enable linked-to-account mp3/.wav downloading with ownership. If we don't make some serious progress with that by end July we'll fall back on bulk e-mailing.

CDJay

any update on the deal with that finish the line track; or the download system even :) heard that track again and want it badly xp
CDJay Still shooting for an end year rollout

CDJay
trippnface
quote:
Still shooting for an end year rollout

CDJay

saweeeeet!
Samination No more shooting. Think about the kids! Oh wait, they're not allowed to party
arpz CDJay should be back from Canada now and it's been ages since I've moaned about 'Finish that Line' so yeah, here's the reminder :D
trippnface
quote:
CDJay should be back from Canada now and it's been ages since I've moaned about 'Finish that Line' so yeah, here's the reminder :D

lol
CDJay I am back, albeit after the overnight flight from Hades itself, so normal service should resume shortly.

The new site, which remains in a state of imminent launch, stretching the very definition of the same, is designed to pair digital "rights" with physical cd purchase past and present. This means we can attach extra tracks, as needed here, or music only sets (Rehab) in theory relatively easily.

I know, deep down, I will spend weeks manually updating accounts and fixing things where people have ordered from different email addys etc but hey ho.

Nn.

CDJay
arpz hahah fair play :) As long as it's still a thing :) Congratulations on getting wed :)
robertybob
quote:
This means we can attach extra tracks, as needed here, or music only sets (Rehab) in theory relatively easily.

****ing yes! Thank you for not forgetting :D
arpz Finish that line? :)

I had actually forgotten but I remembered again, any chance? <3
trippnface
quote:
Finish that line? :)

I had actually forgotten but I remembered again, any chance? <3

LOL

I love you
CDJay Can easily do, but not until tail end of next week.

Please remember again, then

CDJay
arpz
quote:
Can easily do, but not until tail end of next week.

Please remember again, then

CDJay

See you this time next week.

(and then the week after, at HAS vs HU?)
arpz Evening Jon :)

What you saying then? & HASU next week or nah?
CDJay I'm back, and ready to appease.

*HOWEVER* you may have noticed some site/hosting issues (HEH!). Much like the last Payday weekend, 123-Reg have spectacularly failed us and cost us god knows what in any metric you care to measure.

As a result, we're migrating the site to a new host over the next day or two. Once that's up, and stable, I'll get it done

See you next Friday

CDJay
arpz
quote:
I'm back, and ready to appease.

*HOWEVER* you may have noticed some site/hosting issues (HEH!). Much like the last Payday weekend, 123-Reg have spectacularly failed us and cost us god knows what in any metric you care to measure.

As a result, we're migrating the site to a new host over the next day or two. Once that's up, and stable, I'll get it done

See you next Friday

CDJay

Excellent
Dur8ion A bit late here, but is there anywhere I can buy the full version of Brisk & Fade - Stay Here Forever (JTS Remix) which is featured on this mix cd.

Its not on BB/NG as far as I know.
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by Dur8ion:
A bit late here, but is there anywhere I can buy the full version of Brisk & Fade - Stay Here Forever (JTS Remix) which is featured on this mix cd.

Its not on BB/NG as far as I know.

soooo good
trippnface
quote:
I'm back, and ready to appease.

See you next Friday

CDJay

whaaaaaaaaaaaale
CDJay Site is ready, I just need the FTP login deets to upload and then attatch to the digital product.

That said, it won't help people who already have the CDs as I haven't started retroactively assigning rights yet (we're really hoping to have that done for EVERY order on an active account, before Xmas )

Anyone affected by this, just message me and I'll fire the .wav over, no dramas!

CDJay
djDMS I have no idea what it is we're all supposed to be waiting for.
trippnface
quote:
I have no idea what it is we're all supposed to be waiting for.

"Finish That Line"

aka : snort faster!!!

JK... but honestly I can't remember what it sounds like..but we want it.
arpz

7mins 50seconds should jog your memory :)
djDMS Yeah, I knew that....

x2souffxw Hello,

I'm looking for the lyrics for Brisk & Technikore - Hold Your Head Up.
It seems to me that the lines are sampled, discogs doesn't list the singer.

https://www.discogs.com/composition/4b78d0a9-fc17-427d-a870-0edc2d5566cf-Hold-Your-Head-Up
Bring Me Round To Love
quote:
Originally posted by x2souffxw:
Hello,

I'm looking for the lyrics for Brisk & Technikore - Hold Your Head Up.
It seems to me that the lines are sampled, discogs doesn't list the singer.

https://www.discogs.com/composition/4b78d0a9-fc17-427d-a870-0edc2d5566cf-Hold-Your-Head-Up

Boris Dlugosch - Hold Your Head Up High

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA2OJ3QKuWI

Coolgamer Just a few things.

1. Any chance that the mixed tracks will be available in standalone form at any point? Would Kill for Eyeopener and a few others.

2. Any chance that cd sales might be linked to digital download rights? I made a rather sizable purchase a bit ago and failed to notice that this and some others didn't include digitals. Obviously I'll be ripping them once they arrive for safety, but I'd like having the download option for convenience and ocd purposes.
CDJay The plan always has been to retroactively assign digital rights, which got complicated by the completionist stuff. As a result we're aiming for a fairly comprehensive backend and paired user presented overhaul already in progress.

Tbh with digital rights there's a shortcut; if I can access a user account and purchase history *then* manually assign rights to digital variants we're there. I suspect automation will ultimately throw up more exceptions to solve than not. Particularly with launch bundles for the initial product waves etc. So that's my current thinking. Let me get Btr off, this is next on my bucket list 😂

CDJay
Coolgamer
quote:
The plan always has been to retroactively assign digital rights, which got complicated by the completionist stuff. As a result we're aiming for a fairly comprehensive backend and paired user presented overhaul already in progress.

Tbh with digital rights there's a shortcut; if I can access a user account and purchase history *then* manually assign rights to digital variants we're there. I suspect automation will ultimately throw up more exceptions to solve than not. Particularly with launch bundles for the initial product waves etc. So that's my current thinking. Let me get Btr off, this is next on my bucket list 😂

CDJay

Well, you already know I have no problem with keeping you guys running given all the preservation work you've been doing. I have my fingers crossed for a Quosh Records (Beatport has a lot, but I can't find an easy way to bulk-buy an entire label and I don't have the time to buy all of them one by one), and I know Next Generation/Blatant Beats have hinted at a USB release. Hopefully I'll get BTR from the ambassador tier funder, and double hopefully we might see the unmixed Brisk stuff someday. Doesn't make sense to keep Eye Opener unavailable given its history.

It took 8.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page