Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 what ever happened to dj ham?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DjZelous The other day I was going through some old mixes and heard quite a few of dj ham. And I got to wondering what ever happened to him. Did he move on to a different genre or something?
Josephson_Junction He now produces DnB under the 'Hamilton' alias, with most of it getting released on RAM Records.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/466526-Hamilton-Dean
https://soundcloud.com/ramrecords
latininxtc He's been a very successful D&B dj and producer for a few years already.
The drunken scotsman Decided to make some money apparently. Has been a big loss to hardcore.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Decided to make some money apparently. Has been a big loss to hardcore.

I'm pretty sure he never said he would stop producing it like all the other twats does. But so far he hasn't done any tracks :(
But considering he's been around since the Jungle days, maybe he just went back to his roots?
arpz I really love how he went from one of the biggest, or possibly even *the* biggest hardcore labels straight over to RAM and started killing it from day one.

Can't deny that I really wish he was still making hardcore, though.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

I'm pretty sure he never said he would stop producing it like all the other twats does. But so far he hasn't done any tracks :(
But considering he's been around since the Jungle days, maybe he just went back to his roots?

Everyone I've spoken to who knows him real well has said he's definitely not coming back.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

Everyone I've spoken to who knows him real well has said he's definitely not coming back.

Oh... Well if they say it that way, maybe he will do a Vinylgroover and wait 14 years? :P
skarr why would he come back? he was by far the best producer in the scene and NEVER got booked at raves, i sent him a message asking him why he never got booked, as i thought maybe he deliberately didnt take dj bookings, and he replied and said 'I dont know, ask the promoters'. As soon as he starts making d&b he gets signed to the biggest label in the world and his dj career boomed,he will be making ?1000's a week now, cant blame him really.
djDMS Criminally underrated and largely ignored.

God knows why.
Cyrax Hes one of my fave DnB DJ/producers.
Icewind His dnb under Hamilton is alright. It's funny because I bet almost none of his new fans know he was previously a hardcore artist.
Quicksilver It's a shame the hardcore scene lost such a talent but most of the top tier DJs and producers got their heads stuck in each others' asses so I don't blame him at all for giving up. Happy for him he finally got the recognition he deserves in the DnB scene!! I haven't heard all of his DnB tunes but I absolutely love "Echoes".
LA2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0FFdKh0868

Basically an updated version and variation of the legendary track by The Invisble Man - The Bell Tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVuZ_xB0qS0

but still alright :)

Quicksilver Hmm very much prefer Echoes, indeed. :D
Captain Triceps I just hope that he knows there are a lot of folk who did really appreciate his talents, and would have him booked if it were their choice. We're not all tossers!
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Criminally underrated and largely ignored.

God knows why.

so underated, but he seemed to like it that way, but like has been mentioned, hasnt said hes left hardcore completely but hes having fun with his D&B
DjZelous Very similar story to why orbit1 is now audiofreq and producing hardstyle. I am glad for his success. But I wish he would make a few more tracks as orbit1. I was a fan of all his stuff. But I also never remembered him getting booked for too many events. Correct me if I'm wrong.
GrahamC This is all Hixxy & HTID's fault, only booking his mates, trying to control the scene in the same way Radio 1 try to control the music the general public hears, Hixxy & Co were only interested in pushing themselves.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
Very similar story to why orbit1 is now audiofreq and producing hardstyle. I am glad for his success. But I wish he would make a few more tracks as orbit1. I was a fan of all his stuff. But I also never remembered him getting booked for too many events. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is not what I've heard. Supposedly have a big ego that didnt fit the Hardcore scene
Elliott Man, not this shit again. It makes me sad every time we discuss this.

Solid top 3 producer and we collectively wrecked it. :(
Craigavon raver Don't listen to drum & bass and never heard any of his stuff, but def a big miss to the hardcore scene, loved hams stuff, be nice to see a few new tracks from him
rafferty Heard his drum n bass stuff on soundcloud, is actually a lot darker than I expected what he would produce.

Think he left hardcore pretty much when Next Generation/Blatant Beats folded. Wasn't really releasing on any other labels at the time.
Mansy The last hardcore i heard from him was his track on CLXH 8 - "Ham - Anything For You" was a bit dub corey, kinda liked it tho.
Bad Corey
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
dub corey

See you've met my cousin.
Johnscardy I know this is an old thread bumped up by the spam thing.... but does anyone know if anything for you got released?
Alexbturbo Fairly sure that track was exclusive to the limited "DJ Ham - 100" .mp3 album that was released earlier in the year.

I don't think it was one of the 10 tracks produced specifically for the album, but was released as a bonus track exclusively for the backers that went in on the project.

Edit - yep, it was a bonus track:

https://www.discogs.com/DJ-Ham-100/release/10281304
DJIntensity Wasn?t his last release Every Single Day with DMO don?t hear much of the Next Generation Records crew anymore Frisky and Hujib have since retired from hardcore.
Johnscardy That's a shame
Mad Max Check Kniteforce for new old stuff from Ham ;)
DJIntensity Don?t like any of his stuff from Kniteforce.

It took 1.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page