Radio listeners 174+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Upcoming CLSM & Poisecore album thing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
arpz
https://soundcloud.com/clsmstore/clsm-and-poisecore-present-hardscape-the-ultimate-adventure-clips

Listen to that!

There's another clip on his Facebook and the tracks sound ****ing amazing. Pre-order @ ?30 for 19 tracks on USB shipping early August, digital/possible CD to follow later
djDMS I'm in without listening
Vladel 50 seconds isn't much to go on
Samination **** me... are they still trying to push the Hardscape idea again?

As long as it's melodic and I can pitch it up to 180-185 without it sounding way ****ed, I'm in. If not, I hope it fails as hard as it did 10 years ago.
trippnface not my cup of tea but pretty awesome!!
Archefluxx Oh damn.

Yeah, I'll put in for this!
djDMS The latest clips sound great
Ardefisty I'm getting really hyped about this. Hardscape was a great experiment IMO, and the tracks Poisecore has released are amazing.
Vladel Is it less or more boring than freeform?
arpz
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Is it less or more boring than freeform?

https://www.facebook.com/clsmthings/videos/1439874382740971/

I don't know what category or whatever but it's ticking my boxes
Archefluxx
quote:

Its CLSM as it was at Bonkers 16
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
quote:

Its CLSM as it was at Bonkers 16

Then that sounds appealing
Samination So you think slowed down Freeform is less boring?
djDMS Oh shut up, captain negative.

Have you listened to the clips? It's nothing like slowed down freeform.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
**** me... are they still trying to push the Hardscape idea again?

As long as it's melodic and I can pitch it up to 180-185 without it sounding way ****ed, I'm in. If not, I hope it fails as hard as it did 10 years ago.

Why would you want an idea to fail just because you personally don't like it?
djDMS Because he realised he hasn't used up his 'Must be an arsehole for no reason quota for this month yet.
Samination personally disliked it? Well wasn't Hardscape universially panned when CLSM and Kev Energy tried to push it 10 years ago? If people liked it back then, why didn't more and more freeform sound like it?

Anyways, to contradict myself, I tried to find some clips from back then to see why I disliked it and found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=038LbYbbCSE
to be honest. It's not that bad. I probably mostly dislked it because it felt slowed down, lacking in energy even when pitched up to 180bpm.

If anything, I definitly prefer this over Stamina Records' Freeform.

DMS: I'm pretty sure my negative point book is in the red now. Well unless you compare it to skarr. I don't think even I can be that negative or that douche.
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
So you think slowed down Freeform is less boring?

Bonkers 16 style free form was the peak for me and is far less boring than 175 Bpm fart splatter
scottyd2k9 GREEN LIGHT ???????????????????????????????????????
martinj1985 i am liking this!
Samination Doesn't say if it's mixed or not
Mad Max I am gutted it is not a cd release. I find the idea of a usb stick as appealling as downloading tracks. I like collecting cds but the idea of a usb collection.....

Mr Doe if you read this I would pay 30 for a cd of your amazing music.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max:
I am gutted it is not a cd release. I find the idea of a usb stick as appealling as downloading tracks. I like collecting cds but the idea of a usb collection.....

Mr Doe if you read this I would pay 30 for a cd of your amazing music.

Yeah same. I was in two minds, but a USB has pushed me away from the release rather than toward.

Might as well just release it digitally. USB isn't as good an idea as it seems.
djDMS Didn't they say other formats might follow?
GrahamC You just have to look at the unfortunate issues with the Ravestars USB to see it's not the best method of delivery.

If it were me I would stick to CD if you want a physical product or just go internet based delivery.
Samination Actually, it just says "Pre order USB Only"

I presume the pre-orders that get sent in August is USB only, while the real release might be actual CD/digitals... oh wait, CLSM doesnt do digitals anymore (how hard is it to release your tracks on juno or tid instead if you dont wanna learn how to tax?)
Vladel I have gone and done something completely out of character and ordered one based on very few clips.
The main factors are poor releases this year, I love the old freeform, the digital might not be that cheaper or on any acceptable time scale and the previews sound amazing. I'll be disappointed if it turns out anything like stamina but I have high hopes.

I probably wouldn't have spent the cash if other outlets had been more productive to be honest but these are the times and the tunes are needed.
Samination I believe it be a different sound from Stamina. Just more Hard Dance influenced than Hardcore
Vladel From the clips it does sound like it has hardcore bpm though
Triquatra Album sounds brilliant. I have no money.
Vladel I have plenty of money for hardcore but i'm selective on how i spend it. It's totally out of character considering i hate modern freeform and it's the most i have ever spent on a musical purchase but i have indeed ordered one. The major disappointment is that i an away the week it is dispatched so i won't hear it till sunday but rest assured, if i have wasted my cash, i won't play coy like folk who bought the Ham album. I can admit when a gamble didn't pay off.

I can honestly say though, i wouldn't have made the purchase if this year so far hasn't been so poor for releases.
arpz

It arrived. on an R2D2 USB.

Also included 4 previous CLSM albums in wav format

Ace.
Vladel Looking forward to it when I get back home
Vladel Ok i know it's a double post but this is new and i think worth posting. Firstly it's no secret i hate 98% of modern freeform because i can't stand how the sound has gone, but i have to say with this album, i like 13 out of 19 tracks which is far more than i ever expected. Sure there is a finbarr track on there to remind you what the normal shit sounds like, but for the most part i am very happy.

The highlights are:-

Clsm - rocking to the beat
Auscore - music from the heart
Perfect poise - ultimate adventure
Poisecore - Rhythm culture
Poisecore - you're in control (best freeform track since 2011 for me)
Poisecore - take me.

There's so much quality and variety on here and a great purchase. The best way top describe it is, it's like freeform before it lost it's way only better.
scottyd2k9 where do i buy ?
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by scottyd2k9:
where do i buy ?

It looks like he took it down. The Soundcloud description says pre-order only until August 3rd. The original post also says a download will happen later and maybe a CD.
Vladel It should get a full release later this year. It's awesome btw.
Johnscardy Was there any news on a CD release? The website just seems to be a mastering service now?
Laser God I'm dying for this too the sound at :20 seconds in the clips preview is incredible
Vladel I bought it during the pre order period and it?s brilliant
DJIntensity Absolutely stunning keep it coming mate Bonkers 16 brings memories.
Trainwreck Don't suppose there is any news on this?

It took 1.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page