Radio listeners 178+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Worse Hardcore albums.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJIntensity Which hardcore album is the worst you?ve ever bought and then regretted it.

Triquatra Probably the Hardcore Adrenaline series. I seem to remember not being that into the music that was on it; then it didn't get listened to much after that.

actually it was 07 so was starting to get well into the whole falling out of love with modern hardcore thing.

That said don't regret buying them too much as they were being practically given away by HMV for like ?1 or ?2 at the time.
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Probably the Hardcore Adrenaline series. I seem to remember not being that into the music that was on it; then it didn't get listened to much after that.

actually it was 07 so was starting to get well into the whole falling out of love with modern hardcore thing.

That said don't regret buying them too much as they were being practically given away by HMV for like ?1 or ?2 at the time.

That series sucked so bad I used to have all three but eventually got rid of all I regretted buying these especially the 2nd one as that was really shit only had one good tune on it that was about it.
Bring Me Round To Love Dreamscape Hardcore 2001

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Dreamscape-Hardcore-2001/release/41371

You mite say whats wrong with this album, loads of old classsic unmixed full length tracks.

The problem is the the tracks or artists you never heard of, really shitty badly produced tracks,
all obviously made by the same person, someone who was friends with the dreamscape promoter who wanted to make some money from having their tracks on the album.

Tracks like:

Big G - Destiny
Coco & Static - The Future
V2 - Bodybagz
Interdance Kru - Hardcore Upstart
KC - Stompin In

Happens a lot i've seen it with old skool decadance albums aswell, classic tracks mixed in with shit thats not even from that era.
Vladel Chris unknown - I?m alive. The most dreary album I have ever experienced without a single decent unreleased track. The only good track was the breakaway remix which had already been released on his label proper. For me it was confirmation that without Sy, the man was lost.
The drunken scotsman Gammers album from 2015. Cant remember what daft title he gave it but it was a complete waste of time. A few tracks hed done over the years with lazy mixing and zero unmixed content. The kind of stuff that?s widely available as tribute mixes on Soundcloud or Mixcloud for free, but packaged and sold for a 10 - 15 quid. Complete money grab.
robertybob I disagree that the Hardcore Adrenaline albums were bad, some of the bootlegs were crap but I thought overall there's some great stuff on there. It sounds a bit dated these days, the style of music from that album isn't old-sounding enough to be considered old school but isn't new-sounding enough to get played in a DJ mix.

The Ministry of Sound hardcore albums were pretty abysmal, worst of which being Helter Skelter Vs Raindance Present Rave Nation The Anthems https://www.discogs.com/Slipmatt-Billy-Daniel-Bunter-Nicky-Blackmarket-Helter-Skelter-Vs-Raindance-Present-Rave-Nation-The-A/release/1176075
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:

Big G - Destiny
V2 - Bodybagz
KC - Stompin In

Those tracks (and similar ones) appeared on a fair few albums actually. Usually generic compilations like "Essential Hardcore", "Ultimate Hardcore", "Strictly Hardcore", those spring to mind. I don't know what the story is, I imagine someone knocked them together and offered them ridiculously cheap for album use.
I could understand them being on those budget CDs with a few actual decent tracks, but why Dreamscape thought they would make good filler material is beyond me.

*EDIT*
That Dreamscape album is on Beechwood music, the same as those others I mentioned above. Perhaps their appearance was in the terms of the contract or something. Really good compilation, otherwise.
Triquatra
quote:

Tracks like:

Big G - Destiny
V2 - Bodybagz
KC - Stompin In

These bloody tracks, man. THESE BLOODY TRACKS

They're like the copy of DJ Magical - Coor Blimey on maximum impact that I kept selling...but then i'd buy another bundle of hardcore...and there it was again!!! argh!!
Captain Triceps Haha, I used to be like that. "Why the fuck are these tracks wasting space on yet another CD?! Anthems my arse!"
Guest angerfist - creed of chaos

sucks ass

have'nt brought it, im not dumb enough, i know if a track is shit from a 20 second preview
DJIntensity But the worse of worse is Clubland X Treme Hardcore series first two were ok nothing spectacular but from number three onwards it all went crap.
warped_candykid HTID Vol. 3 (Re-Con & Squad-E)

True Hardcore 2 (That awful MC-ing on a home CD)
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
But the worse of worse is Clubland X Treme Hardcore series first two were ok nothing spectacular but from number three onwards it all went crap.

The 4th was the best by some distance imo but it did go downhill after that.
DJIntensity There?s nothing hardcore about those Clubland X Treme albums more like pop shite.
GrahamC Worst - Essential Happy Hardcore 1 & 2 and also Ultimate Essential Happy Hardcore.

The Force & Styles CDs in the first 2 and the Scott Brown disc in the 3rd were fine, but the 'Maximum Noise' discs were just awful, absolutely awful!
Triquatra Its follow up album The Best Essential Ultimate Essential Happy Hardcore Album wasn't very good.
Smoogie
quote:
Probably the Hardcore Adrenaline series. I seem to remember not being that into the music that was on it; then it didn't get listened to much after that.

You know what I was thinking the same one when I opened the thread but forgot the name until you mentioned it. Had Stu Allen and Seduction doing the mixes?

There where some right shockers on there!
Smoogie
quote:
But the worse of worse is Clubland X Treme Hardcore series first two were ok nothing spectacular but from number three onwards it all went crap.

Oh how could I forget. It was 2005 and I happened to be in Liverpool as was staying up north that week and I just saw it in HMV in the shopping centre.

It was clever though. It was released before Clubland 7 which was the next in line in the mainstream series but also released ahead of Bonkers 14. It was full of dozens of Hardcore remixes of already well known club tunes with familiar names being Hixxy, Styles and Breeze with a cheeky Hixxy remix of Special D - Come with me (was that what it was called?) which had been a hit the year before. It would also feature tracks and remixes from the likes of Scott Brown and Gammer to pull in the Hardcore listeners.

Some tracks where ok actually, especially Scott Browns remix of Styles and Breeze - Your my angel but that also appeared on Scott Brown's remix on Bonkers by which time it had been spoilt.

It was seen as a very chav album back in the day. All the kids loved it and got into that HTID Raverbaby hype that was going on but it was boycotted by most others in the scene. That year we had dozens of compilations fighting it out, Hardcore Heaven, Hard Nation, Clubland Extreme Hardcore and of course Bonkers being the lead four.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

Big G - Destiny
V2 - Bodybagz
KC - Stompin In

Those tracks (and similar ones) appeared on a fair few albums actually. Usually generic compilations like "Essential Hardcore", "Ultimate Hardcore", "Strictly Hardcore", those spring to mind. I don't know what the story is, I imagine someone knocked them together and offered them ridiculously cheap for album use.
I could understand them being on those budget CDs with a few actual decent tracks, but why Dreamscape thought they would make good filler material is beyond me.

*EDIT*
That Dreamscape album is on Beechwood music, the same as those others I mentioned above. Perhaps their appearance was in the terms of the contract or something. Really good compilation, otherwise.

Yeah i think i have them on a cd as well, think its a decadance 1
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
quote:

You know what I was thinking the same one when I opened the thread but forgot the name until you mentioned it. Had Stu Allen and Seduction doing the mixes?

There where some right shockers on there!

Yes those two doing the mixes absolutely shite and shocking.
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:
quote:

Big G - Destiny
V2 - Bodybagz
KC - Stompin In

*EDIT*

Yeah i think i have them on a cd as well, think its a decadance 1

I have a few Deccadance CDs as well. One called The Ultimate Hardcore album released in 2002 with 3 Sy and Unknown mixes and 3 unmixed ones with one CD having a few unknown tracks from 1999 which might be those tracks everyone is talking about.

The mixes where actually good though. Tracks like Technophobia, Heart of Gold and on other CD some better unreleased tunes.

I also have one that is just called Hardcore and had Sy and Unknown mixing then recent stuff which included some 'Donk' type of Hardcore! The unmixed CD were better value with some Old Skool and some more then recent stuff
Smoogie Well it seems that The Ultimate Hardcore Album sure enough id include those tunes as well:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Ultimate-Hardcore-Album/release/221623

The comments are quite interesting as someone there actually says the same thing that everyone was saying here:

quote:
Does anyone know who the producers were who made the tracks on disc 6? I'm guessing it was maybe a faily big name knocking out shit tracks for cheap compilations.

But who where these 'producers' though? It seems that they are nowhere to be found on discogs!
Samination We gotta ask Duncan Collins. He's name is both this and on Decadance's "Hardcore" (at least on the last ther are no filler tracks).

On The Ultimate Hardcore Album (6xCD) (2002):
"Compiled Duncan Collins. Mixed by Sy & Unknown."

On Hardcore (6xCD) (2004):
"Mixed and compiled by Sy & Unknown. Project Managed by Duncan Collins"

By the looks of it, I guess Sy & Unknown got more creative freedom on Hardcore?
Triquatra Nah I think he's to do with Decadance.

Those tracks were doing the rounds well before then on the beachwood stuff in the late 90s

Hardcore Explosion / Essential Hardcore

Reckon it's more likely something to do with Slammin Vinyl; as a lot of those other tracks on that album are signed to SV.

Hmmmmm. It's not like their poorly produced; they're just terrible pieces of music :P
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
We gotta ask Duncan Collins. He's name is both this and on Decadance's "Hardcore" (at least on the last ther are no filler tracks).

On The Ultimate Hardcore Album (6xCD) (2002):
"Compiled Duncan Collins. Mixed by Sy & Unknown."

On Hardcore (6xCD) (2004):
"Mixed and compiled by Sy & Unknown. Project Managed by Duncan Collins"

By the looks of it, I guess Sy & Unknown got more creative freedom on Hardcore?

Well 'Mr G' did not get him name on Hardcore (6 CDs) but hen doing a search for those names it will just take you to a Hip Hop artist also called Mr G while another name takes you to 2009 Heavy Metal album released in Russia...

Was Duncan Collins the one behind these strange producers? Maybe e will never know!
lurker The True Hardcore series might deserve a mention, although I didn't get them myself. What were Supreme & Sunset Regime doing on there? I think it says something if an album directly leads to Stormtrooper quitting the scene for 7-8 years.

I recall there being one of those minimum-effort compilations released in the late 2000s which had 100 tracks, probably half of which were godawful FL Studio sounding shit. It had a very generic name so I'm going to have a hell of a time trying to find it.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by lurker:
The True Hardcore series might deserve a mention, although I didn't get them myself. What were Supreme & Sunset Regime doing on there? I think it says something if an album directly leads to Stormtrooper quitting the scene for 7-8 years.

I recall there being one of those minimum-effort compilations released in the late 2000s which had 100 tracks, probably half of which were godawful FL Studio sounding shit. It had a very generic name so I'm going to have a hell of a time trying to find it.

The Mcing on the albums might not have been the best, but over the piece I think True Hardcore was pretty decent. Sy/Unknown and Dougal/Gammer we?re both making a lot of good tunes at that time. Supreme/Sunset Regime were truly awful though.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Well it seems that The Ultimate Hardcore Album sure enough id include those tunes as well:

The comments are quite interesting as someone there actually says the same thing that everyone was saying here:

quote:
Does anyone know who the producers were who made the tracks on disc 6? I'm guessing it was maybe a faily big name knocking out shit tracks for cheap compilations.

But who where these 'producers' though? It seems that they are nowhere to be found on discogs!

Ha, there's me at the top asking the same hing as well!
DJIntensity True Hardcore had the first one and another bad choice too much of that crap MCing ruined it good job I didn?t get the 2nd one.
djDMS
quote:
quote:
Well it seems that The Ultimate Hardcore Album sure enough id include those tunes as well:

quote:

Ha, there's me at the top asking the same hing as well!

Nah, it'll have been one of those random behind the scenes 'in house' producers that just knocks stuff out for compilations in whatever style to save money.
Quicksilver I honestly don't know, out of those that I have listened to I think CXH3 is my least favourite but it's still got a few good tunes on it...
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I honestly don't know, out of those that I have listened to I think CXH3 is my least favourite but it's still got a few good tunes on it...

SY & Unknown Feat Lou Lou Touch The Sky was one of the decent tunes on that album.
latininxtc
quote:
There?s nothing hardcore about those Clubland X Treme albums more like pop shite.

Nah the first 2 for sure had a genuine UK hardcore feel to them. The 3rd one was terrible but mainly because of Breeze's mix. The 4th one was pretty good and then it got to shit after that, especially since they were promoting that new triplets sound at the time which never took off.
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
I disagree that the Hardcore Adrenaline albums were bad, some of the bootlegs were crap but I thought overall there's some great stuff on there. It sounds a bit dated these days, the style of music from that album isn't old-sounding enough to be considered old school but isn't new-sounding enough to get played in a DJ mix.

The Ministry of Sound hardcore albums were pretty abysmal, worst of which being Helter Skelter Vs Raindance Present Rave Nation The Anthems https://www.discogs.com/Slipmatt-Billy-Daniel-Bunter-Nicky-Blackmarket-Helter-Skelter-Vs-Raindance-Present-Rave-Nation-The-A/release/1176075

The bootleg CDs gradually declined in quality. The 3rd one was by far rhe worst. Stu Allan's mixes were always the best in the series, but the 2nd one was his weakest out of the 3. All DJ Seduction's mixes were disappointing. He had some great tracks on them, but the mix itself was a bit boring.
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
There?s nothing hardcore about those Clubland X Treme albums more like pop shite.

Nah the first 2 for sure had a genuine UK hardcore feel to them. The 3rd one was terrible but mainly because of Breeze's mix. The 4th one was pretty good and then it got to shit after that, especially since they were promoting that new triplets sound at the time which never took off.

First two were decent no disputing that the 3rd one not just Breeze?s mix the three CDs in general were horrible.
Quicksilver I thought CXH1-2, 4 and 7 were fantastic. Think 4 is my fave. The difference between 3 and 4 is astonishing, like night and day. How they could go so wrong with the third one is beyond me. I will say it does have some fantastic tunes but they are few. Crash on CD2 is such an underrated tune! Also Silver Water is a classic.
The drunken scotsman Not sure why 3 is getting singled out so much. Sure, it wasnt up to the standard of 1,2 & 4, but compared to all of the clubland albums after 4 its still ahead imo. I think all 3 mixes had some absolute bangers which Id still happily listen to now. Even Breeze had a decent mix.

I do seem to remember that 3 came out fairly quickly after the 2nd one, so it might have been a little more rushed, hence the drop in quality, but it still represents a time when Hardcore was at its best imo.

Edit: Why the **** does this site replace every apostrophe with a question mark?!
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Not sure why 3 is getting singled out so much. Sure, it wasnt up to the standard of 1,2 & 4, but compared to all of the clubland albums after 4 its still ahead imo. I think all 3 mixes had some absolute bangers which Id still happily listen to now. Even Breeze had a decent mix.

I do seem to remember that 3 came out fairly quickly after the 2nd one, so it might have been a little more rushed, hence the drop in quality, but it still represents a time when Hardcore was at its best imo.

Edit: Why the **** does this site replace every apostrophe with a question mark?!

Number 3 came out in the same year as the 2nd in 2006 9 months. It?s tunes like Hardcore DJ which was decent ruined by a pathetic remix and I also agree in 2006 Hardcore was at its best so many releases in quick succession.

The drunken scotsman To be fair, Hardcore dj was shite and no remix was ever going to make that any better.

Hixxys mix on 3 was especially good. ?Take me with you?, ?overload? and ?power of love? all come to mind. I can think of far worse compilations, especially with the benefit of hindsight, knowing how shite Hardcore is these days.
DJIntensity Every tune Re Con remixed on that pathetic album was shite especially on the first two CDs Darren Styles Save Me and the one mentioned Hardcore DJ even worse when you have Squad E there too.
The drunken scotsman Na, not having that. Sure feels good, only you, gotta believe and overload were all slammers.
DJIntensity Touch The Sky, Love You For A Lifetime, Sublime Walking In The Rain, Silver Water gets my vote for slammers.
Sulphurik
quote:
To be fair, Hardcore dj was shite and no remix was ever going to make that any better.

Hixxys mix on 3 was especially good. ?Take me with you?, ?overload? and ?power of love? all come to mind. I can think of far worse compilations, especially with the benefit of hindsight, knowing how shite Hardcore is these days.

Hixxy's Night Life remix and Sacrifice good tracks from that mix also.
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
I disagree that the Hardcore Adrenaline albums were bad, some of the bootlegs were crap but I thought overall there's some great stuff on there. It sounds a bit dated these days, the style of music from that album isn't old-sounding enough to be considered old school but isn't new-sounding enough to get played in a DJ mix.

The bootleg CDs gradually declined in quality. The 3rd one was by far rhe worst. Stu Allan's mixes were always the best in the series, but the 2nd one was his weakest out of the 3. All DJ Seduction's mixes were disappointing. He had some great tracks on them, but the mix itself was a bit boring.

Yeah the bootleg CDs did decline in quality. First album was fairly good album with some ok bootlegs. Seduction's mixes were fairly good in first two albums also.
The drunken scotsman
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:
To be fair, Hardcore dj was shite and no remix was ever going to make that any better.

Hixxy's Night Life remix and Sacrifice good tracks from that mix also.

Yes, both anthems from that time. Definitely a much better album than it gets credit for.
DJIntensity It?s thanks to Euphony he makes Nightlife stand out great track and also Wave Pieve Of Heaven.
Quicksilver Sacrifice is awesome though I believe Dougal & Gammer's remix of it is better. Re-Con had a bit of identity crisis during CXH3 and 4... I like the Only You remix on CXH3 and his remix with Hixxy on Overload was immense. Good To Me was also quite good. :)

Power of Love is also awesome, of course!
DJIntensity Re-Con identity crisis lol more like stuck up.
Quicksilver Well on one hand you had him doing these awesome tunes with other people and then solo he put out these terrible uninspired tracks like Save Me remix, Hardcore DJ remix and Save The Rave. I'd rather forget these ever happened.
DJIntensity That?s what makes Clubland X Treme Hardcore 3 stink bad the remixes of Save Me and Hardcore DJ honestly felt like chucking that CD against the wall when I heard those two but didn?t in the end yes it had a few good tunes but didn?t live up to expectations for me I happened to be one of those guys who was looking forward to the album but it disappointed me big time in the end.

Yes it?s disappointing but ahead of Hardcore Andrenaline that series is shockingly bad.

It took 2.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page