Radio listeners 181+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Underrated Hardcore albums

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
warped_candykid What are those albums that just never got the limelight the deserved?

My pick:

Happy2bHardcore Chapter 7

While the UK were throwing around CDs with more darker sounds, Anabolic Frolic picked some of the cheese that was still being made in that era. I know it's a US release, so the UK peeps have probably not heard it, but it's a pretty solid album that needs to be in the genre's hall of fame.
PecheyTheLizard Anything freeform related honestly. Head over to Skeny Tracks and check out their RetroFuture album that just came out!
Check out:
-freeform family
-Future Proof volumes 1&2

Also I have so many old school albums that deserve credit for have bouncing toons.
DJIntensity Hardcore Heaven 4 when it released in 2006.
Hard2Get Hardcore N.R.G. - 1996
Si Thompson
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
Hardcore Heaven 4 when it released in 2006.

Yep! This was a good album at the time. Especially the Scott Brown mix.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Hardcore N.R.G. - 1996

I second this! Both mixes are great.
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
quote:

Hardcore Heaven 3 all three mixes topped Hardcore Heaven 4.

Bring Me Round To Love Hardcore Explosion '97

https://www.discogs.com/Force-Styles-And-Dougal-And-Hixxy-Hardcore-Explosion-97/release/353769
Si Thompson
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Si Thompson:
quote:

Hardcore Heaven 3 all three mixes topped Hardcore Heaven 4.

In your opinion.
htid_4_life mine as well, the Brisk mix on Hardcore Heaven 3 is one of the best I heard him do.
The drunken scotsman Yes, the first three were all far better than the 4th. It was nowhere near as good without Sy and Brisk.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Yes, the first three were all far better than the 4th. It was nowhere near as good without Sy and Brisk.

Ya...I'm on the same train on that opinion.
DJIntensity I always remember the old members here saying how bad Hardcore Heaven 4 was especially the first mix and I agree no Brisk and SY in that series does not make a good mix.
djDMS I remember thinking it was decent
The drunken scotsman If I remember right, the reason Sy and Brisk weren?t on the 4th was due to the Hardcore Euphoria album coming out around the same time, and both had discs on that instead. Imo Scott Brown was going through an awful spell around that time and Joey Riot just wasn?t to my taste, so HH4 was never going to be a classic.
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
If I remember right, the reason Sy and Brisk weren?t on the 4th was due to the Hardcore Euphoria album coming out around the same time, and both had discs on that instead. Imo Scott Brown was going through an awful spell around that time and Joey Riot just wasn?t to my taste, so HH4 was never going to be a classic.

Scott Brown lost his friend at the time and made a single in honour of him Goodbye My Friend. Hardcore Euphoria another album for sure trounced Hardcore Heaven 4.
Thumpa United Dance 1
Absolute Hardcore 2 with Brisk, Vibes & Mark EG
Hardcore Explosion (someone mentioned above)
Hardcore Heaven 3 (the pink one)
Hard2Get
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
United Dance 1

The 1998 Hardcore Heaven 3 is one of my favourite compilations.
Mad Max
quote:
quote:
United Dance 1

The pink one and Bonkers 3 started it all for me.
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:
United Dance 1

Slipmatts mix banging!
DJIntensity Silvers CD Drift Trance which released in late 2006 absolutely epic all the tunes from Infinity and Masterwax.
Bee-Trax BONKERS 7! Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7Bonkers 7Bonkers 7Bonkers 7

Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7

Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7 Bonkers 7

Bonkers 7.
DJIntensity Bonkers 16 CD 2 that was absolutely epic and the one tune on CD 3 Cube:Hard Micro N2 I won?t forget when I bought this album two days after I bought Hardcore Euphoria.
Elipton That Bonkers 7 post hahahaha

So true though! I have an album in mind, but I need to double check the name
Sc@r the new Brisk - Tokyo Rush album
my god its amazing!
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by Sc@r:
the new Brisk - Tokyo Rush album
my god its amazing!

Your tune Bad Dream deserves a mention Kay X
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Bee-Trax:
Bonkers 7

Did you know that Bonkers 7 was actually quite good as well?

I never actually understood the stick that it got 2BH. Hixxy's mix was a bit dodgy in parts but I liked his remix of DJ's Unite vol 1 while the SY mix had some unreleased belters on it!
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Sc@r:
the new Brisk - Tokyo Rush album
my god its amazing!

I wouldn't mind that myself!
DJIntensity Bonkers 11 deserves a massive mention the first two CDs says it all.
DJIntensity *deleted post*
Triquatra
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
[
I never actually understood the stick that it got 2BH.

Blown out of proportion by the internet.

Half the synths Hixxy and UFO used for 7 were still used in 8 (rezurrection)/early raver baby/jelly stuff which doesn't get any stick.
Hell, they were still using the clack-clack clap from 7, only with a bit more echo :P

I swear everytime it's brought up my love for 7 gets doubled down on. Groundwork for everything equally awesome that came after

well, right up until the crappy vanguard-esc clonecore of 06 it's it's even smellier cousin fartydubcore and now its 2017 nephew kazoocore.
djDMS Not to mention 2018's 'falling downstairs carrying a drumkitcore'
Triquatra Haaaaaaang on a minute

people are still making hardcore?! :X
djDMS Something vaguely resembling it, yes
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:
[

Half the synths Hixxy and UFO used for 7 were still used in 8 (rezurrection)/early raver baby/jelly stuff which doesn't get any stick.
Hell, they were still using the clack-clack clap from 7, only with a bit more echo :P

I swear everytime it's brought up my love for 7 gets doubled down on. Groundwork for everything equally awesome that came after

well, right up until the crappy vanguard-esc clonecore of 06 it's it's even smellier cousin fartydubcore and now its 2017 nephew kazoocore.

Maybe because the internet had only just exploded in 1999 Bonkers 7 happened to be there when people why getting the hang of 'hating' on something.

Bonkers 8 is quite interesting though as it was the first exposure to what was really to come. The artwork was still traditional but it had the early Raverbaby stuff on Hixxy's mix and the growing Freeform sound on Sharkey's with some big tracks on it. Sy's mix was he odd one out being a reuse of the Bonkers 1 and 2 tracks but with some scratching. Sy was never asked to do a Bonkers again after that
Smoogie
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Something vaguely resembling it, yes

I was looking for some Hard House the other day and there are a few tracks with some breaks thrown in along with the Hoovers. That is Hardcore enough for me!
djDMS Smashing.

Really pleased for you.
Smoogie
quote:
Smashing.

Really pleased for you.

Do you want me to share them here?

Of course you do!

I guess that I will have to come back soon with some new mixes and trust me, this stuff will knock your socks off!
fakka13k United dance 6 (Sy & Seduction mix)
Maximum Hardcore ( not the slipmatt hard house mix)
Helter Skelter Masters @ work vol 3
Hardcore Heaven vol 2 1997
Bonkers 3
djDMS
quote:
quote:
Smashing.

Really pleased for you.

Do you want me to share them here?

Of course you do!

I guess that I will have to come back soon with some new mixes and trust me, this stuff will knock your socks off!

No I don't.

But if you actually post them in the correct forum I'll listen to every one.
djscavenger Hardcore Heaven vol 3(the pink one) - probably my favorite hardcore album
Hardcore Euphoria
Force & Styles - simply electric (breakbeat bizniz)
Maximum Hardcore

Hard2Get
quote:
Helter Skelter Masters @ work vol 3

For the time (late 1998) i have to agree. There is a broad spectrum of tunes. Much better than volume 2.
9oh9
quote:
quote:
[

When it was first released 7 was my least favourite, just because it was so different to the previous ones in the series. Now it's one of my favourites, for the same reason... It was still slightly cheeky of Hixxy & UFO to knock out an entire CD's worth of aliases on a compilation album though
DjZelous The Next Generation / Blatant Beats HI-Octane hardcore cds were absolutly fantastic! Vol 3 Has to be the best for me!
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
The Next Generation / Blatant Beats HI-Octane hardcore cds were absolutly fantastic! Vol 3 Has to be the best for me!

are those under rated though?

someone have to be a nutter not to like that series haha
Triquatra Aye there have been a few on here that were definately not underrated: someone said Bonkers 3 earlier

It went gold ffs!! Haha. :P
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
The Next Generation / Blatant Beats HI-Octane hardcore cds were absolutly fantastic! Vol 3 Has to be the best for me!

are those under rated though?

someone have to be a nutter not to like that series haha

Anyone who never liked that series would need go see the shrink and get checked out.
latininxtc Real Talk released by the Strictly For The Purest label.
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Real-Talk/release/2868292

I never even heard of this album until Petruccio was passing around free copies to people who attended the freeform boat party at HTID ITS in 2012. The mix is great, it's got a lot of underrated tracks that I've never even heard with the exception of Musical Endeavor, has some brilliant stuff by Darwin that is really underappreciated, and it has the most tolerable MCing on a hardcore album.
DJIntensity
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Real Talk released by the Strictly For The Purest label.
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Real-Talk/release/2868292

I never even heard of this album until Petruccio was passing around free copies to people who attended the freeform boat party at HTID ITS in 2012. The mix is great, it's got a lot of underrated tracks that I've never even heard with the exception of Musical Endeavor, has some brilliant stuff by Darwin that is really underappreciated, and it has the most tolerable MCing on a hardcore album.

Musical Endeavour is a tune and half I actually don?t mind the Mcing I remember the tune well from Hardcore Underground 3 one of Darwin?s best productions.

Samination was it really unappreciated? I thought it sold well enough
DJIntensity Xclusive Happy Hardcore mixture of tunes from every label.
Craigavon raver
quote:
Aye there have been a few on here that were definately not underrated: someone said Bonkers 3 earlier

It went gold ffs!! Haha. :P

Was just about to say the same thing some of the albums mentioned are def not underrated! some big releases mentioned, especially bonkers 3! one of the best selling hardcore albums of all time!
Craigavon raver
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bee-Trax:
Bonkers 7

Did you know that Bonkers 7 was actually quite good as well?

I never actually understood the stick that it got 2BH. Hixxy's mix was a bit dodgy in parts but I liked his remix of DJ's Unite vol 1 while the SY mix had some unreleased belters on it!

Bonkers 7 my first ever bonkers! bought it down in belfast when i was 13 and that was me hooked! love dougals mix
DJIntensity Bonkers 16 my first Bonkers CD loved all three CDs then Resist went bust.

It took 3.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page