Radio listeners 178+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Makina is absolutely terrible.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Pope C XXIII Seriously. After spending a lot of time not bothering to listen to it, I checked out a bunch of DJ Cliffrave's sets, and I was blown away by how much makina sucks. At several points, I shouted out, "THIS SHIT IS GETTING SIGNED AND I'M NOT! WHAT THE ****?" I mean, usually I'm a person who's rather open to other styles of music, and even when I don't dig something, I'm likely to brush it off as a difference of taste. For example, I don't really enjoy grime, but if you're into it, some of it's great. But makina is just plain terrible. It seems like an entire nation is trapped in the dark ages of the circus era, only with even cheesier melodies and obnoxious sounds (and yeah, I know the kazoo sound is an unfair generalisation based off of a few really crappy makina producers, but a lot of those synths are really obnoxious.) Some of the darker, sped up hardstyle stuff is tolerable, but it always seems to go back to those huge cheesey anthems.

If you can prove me wrong, you will win 8 free internets.
Dave Tee I'm dissapointed in you Pope, surely not another 'makina is shit' thread.... I get tired of sticking up my Spanish amigoes but here I go again lol

Firstly, the circus type music you're on about is shit, I'm not denying that, but for some reason people seem to think that's all there is to makina, the new stuff (and even the majority of the 90's stuff) was nothing like that. As I have said on ush, defing makina by those kazoo tunes is like defining UK hardcore by Vinylgroover's Big Bang or Mixmatt's Hold On To Your Heart, which I'm sure are equally as cringeworthy as the spanish shite.

There is a lot of shit makina tunes released but thats the same with any genre, 90% of releases are shit, the only difference is that the spanish scene is strictly vinyl so while shite songs over here are confined to imodownload (or tune of the year at those gay hardcore awards ), the shit spanish tunes are pressed up and given a full vinyl release anyway.

Anyway, enough chit-chat, here is my evidence in the defence:

http://www.ush.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=205984&highlight=sepi

DJ Sepi on 3 decks playing Makina, bases and 45'd hardstyle. The mixing is amazing and if you tell me that any UK hardcore Dj has played a set as interesting as that in the last 5 years..... well, I just won't believe you
warped_candykid I havent really heard a lot of Makina besdies that sbthq website, but I love the cheesey stuff, and the loud noises
whittle1
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I havent really heard a lot of Makina besdies that sbthq website, but I love the cheesey stuff, and the loud noises

I haven't heard much makina either
Anyone got any links or anythin'?
Lilley i once found a site that linked a few javi tracker sessions but have since lost it. i think its somewhere on the forums. Iv found that i really dont like most of the bouncy cheesy stuff even with harstyle basses, but some of the newskool mixes, if you dont judge it by each individual track itself, but rather the total sound, are really good. particularly the last half of session 20 is very hard and i like. also in one of javi trackers mixes think it was session 4 he did definition of a bad boy which sounded insane with hardstyle overlapping it. soo good.

i really like the use of the sped up eurodance tunes, think it sounds really good
Lilley
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
i once found a site that linked a few javi tracker sessions but have since lost it. i think its somewhere on the forums. Iv found that i really dont like most of the bouncy cheesy stuff even with harstyle basses, but some of the newskool mixes, if you dont judge it by each individual track itself, but rather the total sound, are really good. particularly the last half of session 20 is very hard and i like. also in one of javi trackers mixes think it was session 4 he did definition of a bad boy which sounded insane with hardstyle overlapping it. soo good. also rekon some of the old skool dutch sounds would go down pretty well in makina sets.

i really like the use of the sped up eurodance tunes, think it sounds really good

EDIT: link i mentioned above seems to be down but this is a mirror http://www.sitonmybass.com/downloads/index.php?dir=Audio/Others%20%26%20Spanish/Javi%20Tracker/&AutoIndex=ed27e994438a2faeccd0996a75ae90cd. should have enough there to keep you occupied for a day or so.

OOPS wrong button
zelachang Don't write off makina because you heard a terrible mix.
I dare you to listen to DJ Nexone's chronicle del makinero mix and say that makina is all crap.

http://djnexone.com/djmixes/chroniclemakinero.mp3

warped_candykid Javi Tracker had a full mixture of the cheesey stuff to the more darker stuff. I loved his sets because it was mainly non-stop noise over the female vocals!
Pope C XXIII
quote:
Originally posted by zelachang:
Don't write off makina because you heard a terrible mix.
I dare you to listen to DJ Nexone's chronicle del makinero mix and say that makina is all crap.

http://djnexone.com/djmixes/chroniclemakinero.mp3

Well, it's not just one terrible mix. At first I thought that there was just one bad mix, but I looked at a decent cross section of all of the mixes on Cliffrave's website and they all sounded just like the first one. I'll check that mix out though.
chu Cliffrave is just bad imo.
Da Cunney Bugz everyone entitled to there own opinion...

BUT YOUR TALKING SHITE
Orbit1 ^^^^

That reminds me of a drum and bass tune I heard on radio1 - YOU'RE CHATTING RUBBISH!

Nah, I think a lot of makina is hit and miss, but there is a lot of gold in there too..
eddiewould I love Makina :)

Well at least I think I do -

Pastis & Buenri - I'm Sailing (XQUE Records) - I absolutely f@#$ love this track. Makes me tingle :)

Want it on MP3 but don't think it will happen
DarrenJ Only a small percent is decent, most is just hard house with awful sped up beats
Orbit1
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
Only a small percent is decent, most is just hard house with awful sped up beats

and weird spanish singing!!
jimbob squarepants one of my best mates buys it.
to mix it,is cool coz its so hectic
but there are some really cool tunes in there i must say.
its not all shit!!
Pope C XXIII After listening to the mix Dave Tee recommended, he has won 8 internets. I still hold my position that most makina is terrible though, and even that mix was a little too close to circuscore than I'd like. (Have yet to listen to zelachang's mix, but I will.)
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by eddiewould:
I love Makina :)

Well at least I think I do -

Pastis & Buenri - I'm Sailing (XQUE Records) - I absolutely f@#$ love this track. Makes me tingle :)

Want it on MP3 but don't think it will happen

Well, dont get down, The guys behind X-Que might do like Pont Aeri and Ruboy Records did, bu their songs onto TrackItDown
Righteous9 Yeah Xque,,, Evanescence, remix I like!, I think that's Xque 1, b side's We are the Xqueias???, the EP... I don't really know anything about Makina accept a mix I heard last year, it's fun to me!, but yeah totally different scene in USA, like Candy still!
Chris B Makina on 2 decks is jus as wank as most uk happy stylee.

What makes it special is the dj culture, unlike over here where its all about the productions with a hit tune out goin on decks at big raves jus blendin one track into another. It's not made for simple mixing it's designed for double drop madness.

3 deck masters with allsorts thrown in and it's amazing, bcn is the only modern cheesy stuff i still love to bits.

You can here one shit dj and judge them all, but you wouldnt say dougal plays similar to marc smith and thats how close minded your being.

Spain has a lot to offer ravewise, i'd much rather here p+b, haston, sepi, tracker etc than the uk's dj's that pack out the events.

Personal tastes but as someone who loves bangin, energetic tunes the 3 deck sets are wkd.

And aye i think cliffraves is shit, but his style is for those who love it same as everythin else i hate.

Samination I mix abit of Makina, but since Im a UK-styled DJ (aswell as a PC-DJ), I only mix it in the british way
djNexOne @zelachang wow! I just saw this, thank you soo much for the support. This mix was lost until an old raver contacted me and provided me a copy. Now its available on MixCloud. Thanks again!

https://www.mixcloud.com/djnexone/the-chronicles-del-makinero/

trippnface false

Makina ****ing slaps, and shame on M Project for abandoning the super japanese makina style he rocked, in favor of the garbage powerstomp.
pepperpot123 Yah but he's making up for it by bustin out some wicked old skool gabber on Mokum and H2oh
Samination T'is some proper topic digging XD

After having heard more older stuff since this thread was originally made, I can say that even Happy Hardcore had its Circus/Carnival stage, not just Makina
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by pepperpot123:
Yah but he's making up for it by bustin out some wicked old skool gabber on Mokum and H2oh

as M project or chucky?
pepperpot123 Both

Either by himself or teamed up with guys like Omar Santana
trippnface
quote:
Originally posted by pepperpot123:
Both

Either by himself or teamed up with guys like Omar Santana

nooiceeeee
Sulphurik
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
false

Makina ****ing slaps, and shame on M Project for abandoning the super japanese makina style he rocked, in favor of the garbage powerstomp.

There's a M-Project track on Dark Shadows X, Hardcore Life. Probably more powerstomp style but track sounds ok.

https://247hardcore.bandcamp.com/album/dark-shadows-x
Sulphurik Makina does seem to have a following in Newcastle. Has anyone seen the MC Vibe & MC Trippin videos on Facebook and Youtube?
Smoogie Imagine bumping a thread that is more than 15 years old and not even noticing!
Alex Threat Makina is massive in the North East it has a huge following because of raves like the Afterdark in the 90s, to the New Monkey in the early to mid 2000s. I'm from Durham and have always listened to Makina & Hardcore. North East sets are very varied usually not just sticking with one style for a set

It took 0.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page