Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 bit rate of streaming radio?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Depot
Starting Member

Canada
5 posts
Posted - 2003/10/29 :  16:14:17  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Depot's homepage
I found this site via Itunes on my mac a few months back - first up.. gotta say i love it :)

when i first tuned it it was playing at 128 Kbps and now its down to 96. i know that recently I've had problems listening to the site - lotsa pauses - network lags im told. Is that and the lower bit rate due to the increased popularity of the site?

Any chance of getting the stream back upto 128 in the near future? there is definatly a bid of sound missing at the lower bit rates.

tia

Depot

p.s. y do u ask about my screensize anyways? im running 1600X1024 but thats not on ur list.

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/10/29 :  21:02:46  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
We dropped it to 96k because the bandwidth we use for this stream is donated to us... Technically we could lose that donation in the future if they did not want be so nice anymore :) ... We have started a 160k pay stream which I am yet to post about...

The screen size is just for the reply box size, you really dont have to worry about it.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Depot
Starting Member

Canada
5 posts
Posted - 2003/10/29 :  22:27:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Depot's homepage
160... droool..... i wake up every morning.. flick on my mac... check my email.. trun iTunes onto happyhardcore.com and then start to get ready for the day - i get a wicked bass reverb in my shower :) i would be 100% for a pay system if it were say a flat rate idea and not per minute...

I'll read back l8r to find more info

tia

D

raverdave
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
517 posts
raverdave has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/11/05 :  13:20:37  Show profile  Send a private message
Yea I know what you mean. I know it sounds a pit poncey bit a miss the quilty of 128kbps...

HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!! HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!!

HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!! HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!!

Dr Crank
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 posts
Dr Crank has attended 4 events
Posted - 2003/11/19 :  02:43:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dr Crank's homepage
I've already got the 160K stream and believe me... it's so so so crystal clear.
There's even noted improvements over the 128K stream which I can also get.

The only downside however is that the track listing window can only be spawned by selecting a public/free bitrate, and by doing so from this website, then running the link to the 160K pay stream (located on a different website than hh.com)

As well, the URL in the Shoutcast configuration points to www.di.fm which is great if you want to change stations, but would better suit the tracklisting window (hint hint!!)

I think I'll leave the rest out so that a proper launch can be done by the hh.com crew, but I will say that with my 1/2Megabit connection, the 96K stream is constantly interrupted, whereas the 160K Stream never is... smooth sailing all the way.

Crank it Up!
Dr Crank

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/11/19 :  02:58:23  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Yeah I have to intergrate it.. which I'm yet to do :)

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page