Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world
 Hardcore ravers... try something new!
 Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
coopertrooper
Starting Member

11 posts
Posted - 2001/03/11 :  15:38:44  Show profile Send a private message
I would recommend that anyone looking for the underground hardcore vibe should consider attending any event put on by Pendragon (London). Why spend your life waiting for the past to be resurrected when the present is full of good nights with banging music, friendly crowds and an underground atmosphere? Get your arse down to Pendragon... the production of their nights puts the likes of Helter Skelter to shame and it only costs a tenner or so to get in. They usually put on events at the Theatre Factory in Thyssen St. Dalston. Their 10th birthday party is at Brixton Academy this weekend (march 17th) why dont you go along... forget Helter Skelter... same old promises... no doubt same old disappoinments and same old shit... i.e. shitty skanktury venue, rude security, kappa slappa and kevin crowd... look to the future not the past...

Free Your Mind...

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,545 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/03/11 :  20:59:39  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Sounds great... one question what does
"kappa slappa and kevin crowd... " mean ? :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
coopertrooper
Starting Member

11 posts
Posted - 2001/03/12 :  12:34:16  Show profile  Send a private message
"Kappa Slappa and Kevs" ... I remember from my time raving at the sanctury and other hardcore events that the crowd was generally very narrow. Everyone wears their over-priced sports gear in an effort to fit in and no-one really wants to meet anyone different from their own little world. Where is the diversity of nationalities, cultures and people that you get at underground trance raves today or the raves of the late 80's/ early 90's. Raving should be about expanding your horizons, not confirming your prejudices... okay so not everyone on the scene is/was like that but I bet the queue at the "reborn" Helter Skelter event will be full of 16-20 year old clones, the girls wearing Kappa tracksuits and peroxide hair, the blokes wearing the obligatory designer label item and the inevitable "Reebok classics" on their feet.

Free Your Mind...

Rotis

Sweden
129 posts
Posted - 2001/03/12 :  14:29:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rotis's homepage
Woah! That's interesting.

Hardcore will never die!

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page