Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 Spirit of the Rave
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
KandyKidRaver
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
Posted - 2001/08/26 :  03:59:09  Show profile Send a private message
This is something I began thinking about when at a party that started out *really* slow and didn't really start kickin' until the headliner got up on the tables... I would love to know what you guys think:

A DJ is neither good nor bad because even the "worst" DJ is still expressing him/herself artistically though music, but the vibe of the party thrives on the people on the dancefloor. If there are only 3 people standing in front of the tables twiddling their thumbs and bored out of their brains, the party is a bust, but if there are 200+ people dancing all over the club, loving and appreciating each other for their uniquness, then the party was a complete success. The DJ is simply an orchestrator, guiding the kids along their path....THE path...inspiring them to dance

My2cents,

@}:) //..\\KandyKidRaver//..\\ @}:)

`~* You'll always be the love of my life....the love of my life... You'll always be the one that I want... Driving me crazy *~`

Alert moderator
Edward

United Kingdom
40 posts
Posted - 2001/08/27 :  10:51:13  Show profile  Send a private message
I agree!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
xxhappyxx

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2001/08/27 :  15:50:34  Show profile  Send a private message
yeah totally, if ppl aint dancing...theres no fun, n no party!

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'

FingazMc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,761 posts
FingazMc has attended 28 events
Posted - 2001/08/28 :  13:45:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit FingazMc's homepage
all true

http://mcstyleeuk.homestead.com/homepage.html

Skeenip
Average Member

Australia
228 posts
Skeenip has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/08/29 :  03:44:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skeenip's homepage
Spot on and well said Kandykid

"...Will there ever come a day, when I can turn around and say, It's alright now..."

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/08/29 :  09:01:42  Show profile  Send a private message
I agree that a party sux if no one is dancing, but as far as DJ's go I completely disagree. There are good and bad DJ's. Some DJ's can mix ok, but don't have much energy of their own and it's kinda boring. And some DJ's just plain suk. If im at a party and a DJ is train wrecking like every other track Ill walk off and no one will dance. But that's just my opinion... ^_^

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/08/29 :  23:11:45  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I have DJed the first set of a party and everything after that, I find if the DJ is good, has a good tune selection for the time slot that they are in, knows what the other DJ's have played and what the vibe of the place is all is good :)

xxhappyxx

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2001/08/31 :  15:45:15  Show profile  Send a private message
yeah,theres so nuthin worse than wen the same songs get played again and again in one night

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'

DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2001/09/01 :  19:18:14  Show profile  Send a private message

ok guy's dancing isn't just the hole party, cause if everybody is dancing then it would just be boring. It wouldn't be a party, it would just be a bunch of ****ed up ppl dancing.
you have to walk around and feel the unity, meet ppl, chill whith them, get to know them realy well!
don't ever say that the party is the dancing, the party is the ppl, it's all what you make it.
well put.

pot smoker

WoRd?!!

KandyKidRaver
Starting Member

United States
8 posts
Posted - 2001/09/03 :  02:18:44  Show profile  Send a private message
OK, lemme clarify one thing, by Bad i didnt mean "skillless" i meant a style that someone doesnt particularly care for... I realize there are DJs that will trainwreck on every track and F up the whole thing, but thats not specifically what I was referring to... As for the response DJ-SK8, I agree w/ you, I didnt insinuate that ppl should only be dancing, I also said "loving and appreciating each other for their uniqueness", which may have been misinterpreted to be referencing the dancing. *chuckle* Sorry for the mixup..

Keep it real,
KandKidRaver

PS - Thanks for all the positive responses to my posting!

`~* Tis Better to Have Loved and Lost, than to Never Have Loved at All*~`

DjGAV

Australia
46 posts
Posted - 2001/09/30 :  20:45:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjGAV's homepage
Raving in Australia consists of three equal and important aspects. The music, the people and the general production. i. e venue.
With these aspects linked it creates an atmosphere in which the ravers feel comfortable enough to express themselves and with the help of a certain little chemical feel great empathy and loving towards one another.
The music is what brings us together and the rave makes us stay. I think that the dancing is a way to express ones self, in that, the movment of your body, intwined with others has the effect of creating a feeling of unity with others. "We are one" all dancing together.

Keepin it hardcore
DjGAV

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2001/10/01 :  01:17:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
nicely said gav.... whereabouts in australia are ya man? and do you spin parties?

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

DjGAV

Australia
46 posts
Posted - 2001/10/01 :  07:21:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjGAV's homepage
Sydney man,
Nah Not spinnen parties yet but yeah, I would love the chance.
Are you from Aus too??

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2001/10/02 :  19:42:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
yeah same sydney..... i'm about at the stage i'm gonna start sending a demo out soon..... just made a tape, play happyhard you?

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

DjGAV

Australia
46 posts
Posted - 2001/10/03 :  17:51:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjGAV's homepage
Sounds good, I would love a copy if you dont mind. I am a bit of a Techno junkie, know what I mean.
I probaby would spin parties, I just produce the tracks, I would just be happy to hear them played at a party. :)
I am more of a hardcore/gabber producer, but still dont mind the odd cheese.

yea, yea, this rocks... or maybe...
No, no dont stop a rocken'

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page