Total online 1894
 Radio listeners 179+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Featured Poll
 If hardcore goes mainstream what do you think?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Only administrators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/12/01 :  08:41:48  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Poll question:
If hardcore goes mainstream what do you think it will do to it?
Choices:
Increase its quality
Nothing will change
Decrease its quality
I have no idea

View results

Alert moderator
mrc
Average Member

United Kingdom
214 posts
mrc has attended 6 events
Posted - 2003/12/01 :  11:26:35  Show profile  Send a private message
the quality will probibly increce (how much better can it get?) but the type of people it may attract would change the seen 4eva.

oh s*it man, what was i saying?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/12/01 :  11:56:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
I'd like to think that the quality would increase, but in honesty, I think there will be about the same amount of quality stuff (maybe a bit more) and a whole bunch more pap. So the overall quality:pap ratio would decrease, even though the number of quality releases would stay the same.

I think this could be quite good in a way as it wouldn't be the same old labels releasing the same old artists. You would be more able to pick up a track that no-one else has/knows of etc as there would be a much larger selection of tracks to choose from.

As mrc said before though, the type of peole coming into the scene would change it no doubt..... although I doubt this would be forever.. it would simply be until it becomes "unfashionable".

Anyway, I voted "I have no idea", so lets just watch and see what happens.

Matthew aka DJ Underloop

raverdave
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
517 posts
raverdave has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/12/01 :  12:28:26  Show profile  Send a private message
I can't really see it changing that much. The people wirting/producing at the moment are doing it for the love not the money, Which is why most tunes at the moment are top quality. If hardcore became more mainstream you'd get more shite and maybe a couple more great tunes, hopefully nobody would buy the crap stuff so it be the same as now.. only with more tunes... or something like that!

HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!! HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!!

HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!! HaRdCoRe HuStLeR!!!

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/12/01 :  12:28:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
I'd like to think that the quality would increase, but in honesty, I think there will be about the same amount of quality stuff (maybe a bit more) and a whole bunch more pap.

I voted Decrease the quality, evethough i believe there would be overall more good tunes. But they would be burried in s***. Now i can safely go and buy almoust any cd that has the word Hardcore on top of it and know, i will not be disappointed. But when theres more crap in the scene all CD's would (probably) turn in to "pop" type of compilations, where there are only few good tunes and the rest pure crap. Of course the people that buy vinyls wouldnt have this problem, at least not in the same scale. But for me it would probably do more harm then good...

But this is really just "playing with the idea", so who knows it might also be a really good thing. If hardcore goes mainstream, i could at least buy records from local stores and that way save some money.

DJ Superman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,192 posts

46 hardcore releases
DJ Superman has donated money to the site DJ Superman has attended 15 events
Posted - 2003/12/01 :  13:04:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Superman's homepage
i agree, i think that if it went mainstream there would still be a selection of people making hardcore for us dedicated bunch, but the scene would become over-run with people producing more mainstream forms of hardcore for the masses.

!where's all the noise all the girls all the boys!

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/12/01 :  13:32:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
It'll never happen, at least not in the uk, the simple fact is it's too fast for the charts.

Everything is random, your probebly not meant to read this!!!!!!

"In My Sleep I Grind My Teeth"

"TeethGrinder"

"Therapy?"

Comet
Advanced Member

United States
1,544 posts

745 hardcore releases
Comet has donated money to the site Comet has attended 22 events
Posted - 2003/12/01 :  14:42:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comet's homepage
If Hardcore becomes mainstream in USA, all hell would break lose.

__________ _ _ __________ _ _ __________ _ _ __________ _ _
Y Don't U get off your arse and get these tracks out instead...

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/12/01 :  14:48:07  Show profile  Send a private message
if hardcore goes mainstream we'll get boy/girl bands releasing pop tunes at 160+ bpm and call it hardcore. bit obvious there.

for the record i'm all for commercial releases provided it doesn't get watered down to sell,however i doubt it will go mainstream sounding as it is now,it just doesn't appeal to enough people

--------------------------------------------------
"I had 2 half-brothers and they both died, so Mummy took the chainsaw off me"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/12/01 :  14:49:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Comet:
If Hardcore becomes mainstream in USA

Toystore would be a better investment, then a IT company

DJ Vibalrush
Average Member

United Kingdom
233 posts
DJ Vibalrush has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/12/02 :  20:33:10  Show profile  Send a private message
It would most definately turn our scene into a much more commercial "popcore" one, n will also probly attract the wrong kind of attention from "dance music *teeny boppers*".
I miss the old days where happy hardcore was unique n it couldnt be said it was simular to anything else. now many people say its to much like other genres like Trance, n Hardhouse.

*as we go a little something like this...hit it!*

Mr LoSTiT
Average Member

United States
212 posts
Mr LoSTiT has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/12/03 :  04:42:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mr LoSTiT's homepage
i would have to agree with Comet, if Hardcore went mainstreem in the US there would be alot of problems, im not sure what kind of problems, but i know, i got that instinct that it's not ment to be, as much as i love this music, i never want to see it mainstreem, then i wont be uniqe and different from everyone else ^_^;

(now thinking of new translation)

A crazy homeless guy predicted my rebirth. Sometimes I wonder if he was really crazy, or if he truly was a prophet. But, then I saw the crack fall out of his pocket :/

kissmyfistt
Starting Member

United States
3 posts
Posted - 2003/12/05 :  23:27:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kissmyfistt's homepage
i'd be mad. already there's been alot of other good music that has gone mainstream. it ruins everything. i'm also into alot of metal and hxc and some of my favorite bands went mainstream and all the posers ruin the scene.

[[aim]]<3xx

KinokoBoy

United States
465 posts
KinokoBoy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/12/05 :  23:36:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit KinokoBoy's homepage
I'd love for hardcore to go mainstream, especially here in the states!! I can imagine the venues to be larger and the sound systems to be better than they are now.

Bring Hardcore to Upstate New York!!!!

djscorch
Average Member

United Kingdom
223 posts
djscorch has donated money to the site djscorch has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/12/07 :  12:03:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscorch's homepage
If it goes mainstream there will be a flood of shite from people trying to jump on the bandwagon, however the quality of stuff being released from the real hardcore producers will get better. Those who want chart success will be forced to produce tracks of a particular style and eventually they will all sound the same, but this will allow the rest of us to experiment with new styles and hardcore will become as diverse as it was a few years ago and the true quality will return to the underground where it belongs.

Manchester Massive, lets f@ckin 'ave ya!

steve O
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,128 posts
Posted - 2003/12/07 :  12:59:05  Show profile  Send a private message
i wud h8 it if it went mainstream. one of the things i like about hardcore is that its unique.only a handfull of ppl in my school can name a hardcore track (makina is a different story). but if it went mainstream u wud get all the little shits that just listen to hardcore coz its top of the charts n they wud b like iv always listend 2 it.

Hardcore Till I Die...

Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page