Total online 1769
 Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore... A genre appreciated by the few..
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2022/08/02 :  02:47:12  Show profile Send a private message
A Genre appreciated by the few and not by the many

I quess people aged in their 30s beyond will only get the genre and music and era etc

.... sorry i'm intoxicated, it is rarely i post on here, but whenever i am at home and mangled i remember this site and the hardcore music

Alert moderator
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2022/08/02 :  18:22:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
It sucks but shit changes.

All my parties nowadays are really dnb or psytrance, hardcore scene here is trash. UK/Europe still has parties worth going to though If i was over there.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,938 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2022/08/02 :  19:24:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

All my parties nowadays are really dnb or psytrance, hardcore scene here is trash. UK/Europe still has parties worth going to though If i was over there.

Hardcore in the Bay seems to be going strong out in California. But I'm in TN sooooo no hardcore for me.

Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2022/08/03 :  03:49:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage
I really want to like it still but I just can't. Too hardstyle. Hate the short intros and outros and long breakdowns. Hardcore used to be so much fun to mix but unfortunately it's no more. It's sad but life goes on.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,938 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2022/08/04 :  00:46:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:
I really want to like it still but I just can't. Too hardstyle. Hate the short intros and outros and long breakdowns. Hardcore used to be so much fun to mix but unfortunately it's no more. It's sad but life goes on.

All of this!

Too many tracks are in the 3:00 range as extended, no mixable intos/outros. Even though I make my Toadette mixes to showcase upfront material, it takes tons of digging to find tracks. And yes, too many tracks have more than 1/2 the track as a breakdown moment.

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,914 posts
Posted - 2022/08/04 :  02:59:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Jacco:

lol! same here!

I feel a lot of producers who dj nowadays have forgotten or never lived the manual beatmatching era. I actually avoided learning how to use the sync button on traktor up till about 1 or 2 years ago. I do like my mixes tight with sync but I must say I have since gained even more apreciation of the art of beatmatching.

What is a dj if he can't beatmatch??!!

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2022/08/04 :  22:50:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

Hardcore in the Bay seems to be going strong out in California. But I'm in TN sooooo no hardcore for me.

that's true, I just miss when big headliners got booked, and they didn't suck.

Cencore
Starting Member

Australia
15 posts
Posted - 2022/08/05 :  01:19:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cencore's homepage
Yeah it's definitely like a whole new genre these days. There are some new productions I like. But nowhere near as many good tracks as the 90's and early 200Os. Back then you were spoiled for choice.

There is still some good tracks around though that keep the original vibes.. Guys like Jack In Box, Fracus & Darwin have had some fun oldskool productions.

Edited by - Cencore on 2022/08/05 01:49:28
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2022/08/05 :  02:59:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
They do a good job blending the later Impact Records sounds and the early JAKAZiD sound. Too bad I wasn't really fond of the Impact sound at all

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Cencore
Starting Member

Australia
15 posts
Posted - 2022/08/05 :  04:10:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cencore's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
They do a good job blending the later Impact Records sounds and the early JAKAZiD sound. Too bad I wasn't really fond of the Impact sound at all

Yeah I didn't mind Impact Records. But I guess it depends what era of Hardcore you grew up with as it is very different to later on.

Cencore
Starting Member

Australia
15 posts
Posted - 2022/08/05 :  04:18:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cencore's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mental_Adam:
A Genre appreciated by the few and not by the many

I quess people aged in their 30s beyond will only get the genre and music and era etc

.... sorry i'm intoxicated, it is rarely i post on here, but whenever i am at home and mangled i remember this site and the hardcore music

There are still Hardcore parties where I live that attract a pretty healthy crowd..
OneSeventy have solo events and events with Masif at least once a month here.

Are actually pretty good, have live dancers and mcs. Is more the newer sound though.

Here's a link video of one of their parties

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf3G1nbupAP/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by - Cencore on 2022/08/05 04:23:27
Icewind

Canada
116 posts
Posted - 2022/08/20 :  05:45:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Icewind's homepage
Hardcore scene where I'm at has it's ups and downs. One year you think it's on life support, then out of nowhere some big names come to spin. A few years ago fracus and darwin came twice in one year I believe, which was nice.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2023/08/27 :  19:04:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Don't seem to be to much hardcore in ireland anymore, but then again i rarely go out these days let alone out raving, but hixxy, sharkey and kutski are actually playing in belfast in a couple of weeks at the planet love festival, would love to be going, but looks unlikely as away to dublin the weekend before and spain the week after for a week, don't think i could afford a rave inbetween.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2023/10/10 :  20:43:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage
Think this came up on Amazon Prime one day. It's in Dutch but probably will have English subtitles. It looks like could be quite a lively series!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2023/10/14 :  16:08:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
Think this came up on Amazon Prime one day. It's in Dutch but probably will have English subtitles. It looks like could be quite a lively series!

LOL yessssssssss

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2023/10/15 :  08:15:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Mental Adam's post was about Brittish Hardcore though, so compared to Dutch Hardcore, it's clearly not appreciated by many anymore

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page