Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Turntable Showdown
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
taber
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2002/01/18 :  00:52:33  Show profile Send a private message
I've seen a lot of people writing about 1200's and I know they're the most well-known... but what about the Vestax PDX-2000? I've also seen a little bit of general discussion in older msgs about 'em but I was wondering mainly about the torque on the PDX-2000. That seems like a pretty important factor, right?

I'm looking to spend about 800-1000 bucks on 2 decks and a standard 2 ch. mixer, and 2 carts... here's the best deal I've found so far:

http://store.yahoo.com/sixstardj/vestaxdjpak.html

But overall, does anyone who has used both recommend one over the other? If so, why? Hopefully it isn't because of hype and clout, but from first hand experience. Thanks, I'd really appreciate any help as I'm lookin to buy pretty soon.

Thanks again all.

-Taber

Alert moderator

Edited by - taber on 2002/01/18 01:34:21
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/01/18 :  03:50:34  Show profile  Send a private message
bah! don't like the pdx decks
well i do but i prefer 1210's,pitch is too light on the vestax and if you knock it by mistake you've lost the setting and end up having a dropped mix.
also with the pdx,they have that 50% ultra pitch. it's bad enough when the normal pitch control wears out so you get fluctuation,if the 50% one wears out then the decks are fu©ked
i'd stick with technics coz you know that they're a quality make,there's not much to them i know - but nothing to go wrong on them either. brand new 1210's will last a lot longer than brand new vestax,and to top it all off,technics are the industry standard

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
http://clubstation.esmartmusic.com

Alert moderator Go to top of page
taber
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2002/01/18 :  12:03:18  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mouse:
bah! don't like the pdx decks
well i do but i prefer 1210's,pitch is too light on the vestax and if you knock it by mistake you've lost the setting and end up having a dropped mix.
also with the pdx,they have that 50% ultra pitch. it's bad enough when the normal pitch control wears out so you get fluctuation,if the 50% one wears out then the decks are fu©ked
i'd stick with technics coz you know that they're a quality make,there's not much to them i know - but nothing to go wrong on them either. brand new 1210's will last a lot longer than brand new vestax,and to top it all off,technics are the industry standard

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
http://clubstation.esmartmusic.com

yeah, screw it i'll get 1200's. =)

thanks.

-Taber

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/01/18 :  12:12:26  Show profile  Send a private message
Hey u buy dex for yaself. If your happy with ya decks thats all that matterz. **** everyone else, cause they **** u the min ya bax turned (not litterally)!

H-A-P-P-Y

Your only a man cause I can't see you, and when I do meet you, you'll be a boy my son!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page