Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Opinions...
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
tHE DSS
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 posts
Posted - 2002/03/21 :  09:51:16  Show profile Send a private message
I know it says in this forums description not to post links to MP3 sites, or post MP3 links... so, I won't post the MP3 link, but, I'll post a line to a site (which isn't an MP3 site) that contains a link to a .zip (zipped) MP3 that I would like some hardcore peeps to check out.

I've got back into music production after several years out, and can't seem to get hardcore out of my head! Which is a good thing really.

But, i'm well behind on the scene, as I haven't followed it for a while - I used to attend the Helter Skelter events when they were THRIVING in Milton Keynes.... perhaps that'll show just how long i'm out of touch.

I've started demoing out a few hardcore tunes, and would like some opinions of potential from REAL hardcore people. I've had some feedback, which is good so far, but none of them really know hardcore.

If you could kindly go to this link :

http://jlrforum.net/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=817

... download the very small .zip of the MP3, listen to it and let me know what it's worth, i'd be VERY gratefull. It's only a demo by the way.

Hopefully, you will all like it, and want to hear the others.

All my demos are copyright to me already, so NO stealing, as i'll be onto your ass.

Anyway, i'd better be off... check you all later,

... thanking you all in advance xxx

---- I LOVE THE RADIO BROADCASTS ON THIS SITE!! WICKED!!

Proppa Hardcore!! And It Makes Me Happy!!

Alert moderator
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/03/21 :  12:02:14  Show profile  Send a private message
sounds silly =P needs a harder kick drum behind it, more depth behind it as well. kind of hard to judge a track w/ less than a minute of it. sounds like it could go somewhere though =)
i like the older non trancey feel to it....

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
PUREFM

United Kingdom
43 posts
Posted - 2002/03/21 :  12:31:22  Show profile  Send a private message
You Definately Have The Feel For HHC As The Chirpy Tune Infront Of The Beat Sounds Nice.. I Gotta Agree With Brian K Tho.. the BassDrum is Not Heavy Enough.. And The Beat Is A Little Boring, Needs Some Breaks in There.. Also.. Goin Back to The Synth Tune.. Its Good, But It Jus Loops Every 8th Beat.. Needs A LOT More Variety In There..

The Key Here Is Variety !!
Keep At It, As It Has Got Potential, But Work Is Needed !!

Let Me Know When Its Done, And Ill Give It Sum Airtime On One Of My radio Shows
=o)

Badboy,

www.purefm.org

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/03/22 :  06:27:44  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
You got the right beat and general feel but it sounds to euro pop, you need to make it harder and get better instruments...

anyway my 2 cents :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

tHE DSS
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 posts
Posted - 2002/03/22 :  08:19:43  Show profile  Send a private message
Cheers for that people.

I have to work on "compression" alot... you're all right, it does need to thump like a mutha ****er. Only a demo at the mo though - only small amounts of compression.

Thinking that I should also synth some cutting stab sounds that slice right through the mix.... really wicked and happy sort of stuff.

Euro Pop? I see what you mean. I'm pretty out of touch with the hardcore scene as it stands at the moment... this is letting me down badly.

Since getting back into music production, i've been doing House, Garage, Hip-Hop and accoustic guitar stuff.... the Happy Hardcore will always be MY KIND OF MUSIC though... i'd love to get back into it!

When I get a few more sections/layers done, I might ask opinions again... it'd really help me get my direction back.

In a peace people...

Proppa Hardcore!! And It Makes Me Happy!!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page