Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Rumors
 ARE DRUGS BAD?????
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 29

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
NOISY
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2001/04/21 :  10:24:28  Show profile Send a private message
Do u think drugs are bad im in 2 minds about it some r and some arent i mean come on whats wronge with extacy i think it is totally safe unless u get a dodgy one what do u think hey

Alert moderator
DJ e-Klyps

United Kingdom
258 posts
Posted - 2001/04/21 :  10:56:55  Show profile  Send a private message
I think it all depends on what type of person you are, what frame of mind u r in and what u take.
If you take LSD for example and are feeling depressed it would have a very detrimental effect on you.

In general E seems to be ok as long as its not contaminated with other things. HOWEVER you never know what you are taking and how your body will react. There also seems to be some research that proves that as take more E your memory gets worse and could lead to brain disorders like altziemers disease.

At the end of the day it all comes down to a personal choice.

PLUR=
Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

Unity
Respect

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/21 :  14:20:16  Show profile  Send a private message
Get a testing kit from www.dancesafe.org and you will know what's in your E. Also those cases of alzheimers were casued by a bad batch heroin not ecsatcy. In the news a reporter said it was casued by E and it casued a big media frenzy, but no one checked the facts.

However there has been one study that has actually linked E use to memory loss. The ppl in the study had all taken in excess of 500 pills over a period of about 3-5 years.

There was another study that linked E to a decreased production of 5-Ht in the brain. But none of the ppl were depressed and no one has proven that 5-Ht is directly linked to mood or depression levels so it didn't prove much.

Umm... there are lots of other studies also, but most of them are animal studies where they gave rats anywhere from 10 doses (at 1.5-2mg per KG) to 100 doses per day for 1 week - 1 month and then said "Hey look the rats brain is damaged". These studies all are crap cause the levels are 50-1000 times higher than anyone takes in real life.

If you wanna find out more go to www.erowid.org they have links to pretty much all known Psychoactive chemical with further links to studies and more. Or try www.ecstasy.org www.dancesafe.org

^_^

GT
Average Member

United Kingdom
160 posts
Posted - 2001/04/21 :  17:29:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GT's homepage
Always been fairly wary of em meself. You never know what's been mixed up in them, so I just like to give them a miss.

================
'You picked me up, and swept me away....'

silver
Admin

Japan
12,545 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/04/22 :  07:37:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Off topic and too Noisy: Last warning, don't use all caps please!

ladd

United States
74 posts
Posted - 2001/04/22 :  20:54:55  Show profile  Send a private message
heheh. . . drugs. . rumors. . . kinda on the same topic? no. . guess not. oh yea and they're all bad! but so is too much of anything, so as long as ur not cracked out and a danger to others and im not paying for your rehab with my tax dollars i dont care. =o) hehe

odayakana mizu no nagare wa ****i.

Skeenip
Average Member

Australia
228 posts
Skeenip has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/04/27 :  07:42:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skeenip's homepage
Well I know a guy that popped everyday between 1-5 pills, went to the doctor for a checkup and guess what he's got brain damage....pretty screwed up....but then again he popped everyday.

"...Will there ever come a day, when I can turn around and say, It's alright now..."

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/04/27 :  09:56:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
in short, YES.
they bring unneeded and often unfair attention to our beautiful scene. they have no place in the scene. especially the hardcore scene. i forget who said this quote, but ive always loved it.

"if youre feeling the drugs and not the music or the love, then you dont belong here.."

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

kRaZiE kIdD
Starting Member

17 posts
Posted - 2001/04/28 :  14:34:10  Show profile  Send a private message
i don't see a need for them...i mean there are tons of studies which show that they are bad for you...but that doesn't stop people...it is all a matter of personal perference....i don't...but some do..it is clearly bad for you but they don't care...

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/29 :  02:33:05  Show profile  Send a private message
[quote]Originally posted by DJ Tempest:

in short, YES.
they bring unneeded and often unfair attention to our beautiful scene. they have no place in the scene. especially the hardcore scene. i forget who said this quote, but ive always loved it.

"if youre feeling the drugs and not the music or the love, then you dont belong here.."

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Drugs do now and always have had a place at raves. When used responsibly drugs can be a very positive and "healthy" thing to do. I have heard a bunch of ppl say that there used to not be so many drugs at parties and that drugs ruined techno and this is all a load of schyte. The early techno parties were all fueled by E, just like most are today. If it wasn't for drugs raves would not have caught on like they did and exploded to all parts of the world, and like it or not you have E to thank for that. And now that you have the parties and maybe you burned yourself out on drugs and actually gained a real appreciation for the music you try and dismiss and condemn the drugs that got us here and that's just plain rude.

Drugs are a very natural thing in society and have been for tens of thousands of years. The reason they are now bringing negative attitudes and unwanted attention is because no one has time to think for themselves any more and 90% of the ppl let themselves be brainwashed by governments that don't give a fE about them. When people say stuff like

"i don't see a need for them...i mean there are tons of studies which show that they are bad for you...but that doesn't stop people...it is all a matter of personal perference....i don't...but some do..it is clearly bad for you but they don't care..."

it makes me sad cause you have allowed yourself to be tricked by the government. There are NOT a bunch of studies that prove that taking "normal" doses of any substance is that bad for you. Certainly when compaired to cigaretts and alcohol which kill 200 times more people than ALL illegal drugs combined you can't tell me they are that bad. Go read those studies and FREE YOUR MIND! Those government studies that the news papers quote are full of SH1T. As part of the harm reduction work I do I have to keep myself updated on all the new studies and I assure you 99% are completely crap.

Well I could just ramble on forever on how much it upsets me when ppl try to restrict what should be the personal decisions of other people and how people need to friggin wake up and overthrow the chains that they allow to be placed on their minds, but I am tired now. Nite Nite ^_^

2002patriot
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  01:47:00  Show profile  Send a private message
Drugs r cool,from harry potters to green playstations i love em all,mixed wid bass they rock,at a rave is the only place,otherwise they r pointless.oh and dont forget some hash for da come down.

quality

Foxy

United Kingdom
308 posts
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  02:32:15  Show profile  Send a private message
It personal choice, purely & simply but yes drugs ARE bad, but then sugar is a drug & yes its bad for you! You have to read the reports, use your brain, think about what your doing to your body & most importantly, use in MODERATION, the more frequently you have any kind of drug the more you need to sustain the same high, this can lead to problems (trust me I know) I now only have an E every month or two & the high is better than ever.

Hardcore family never dies.

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  10:09:59  Show profile  Send a private message
wow, talk about diggin' up posts. as we all know from south park, drugs are bad mmmmmmmmmk.

that guy is totally tripping =P

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

Syco
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  04:02:22  Show profile  Send a private message
I'm gonna quote of thee film Human Traffic,
You're More likely to die eating a cabbage leaf than you are dropping an E,

nuff' said.

-----------------
Let's Fly Away, To A Land Where We'll Be Free.

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  04:27:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
and im goin to say that drugs (E) woz apart of this scene from day 1 so ya cant say they dont belong there. they bloody made the scene. do you really fink raves blah blah harcore would be around if E woz never in our scene in the first place.

Its up to the individual if they want to take them, if anyfing, your only harming ya self and only you should have a say in that no 1 else.

I mean i see bear and fags gettin taken all the time in raves but no 1 says hwo bad they are. how many ppl die bcoz of them. now look how many ppl die from XTC. hahaha not very hard to work out which is the worst.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush."
"Oh my goodness gracious me, Badboy Dj, Wikkid Mc."

Voltage

United Kingdom
94 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  05:15:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Voltage's homepage
This post would not exist if it wasnt for ecstasy, you guessed it.. nor would Hardcore, nor would the rave scene.

It was the combination of Acid House, Ecstasy and the recession that kicked off the Rave scene in London.

Hardcore's origin is from Acid House. This is a fact.

Forward to the New School.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 29 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 25  26  27  28  29
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page