Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Makina is absolutely terrible.
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Pope C XXIII
Advanced Member

United States
1,935 posts
Posted - 2007/06/21 :  20:04:01  Show profile Send a private message
Seriously. After spending a lot of time not bothering to listen to it, I checked out a bunch of DJ Cliffrave's sets, and I was blown away by how much makina sucks. At several points, I shouted out, "THIS SHIT IS GETTING SIGNED AND I'M NOT! WHAT THE ****?" I mean, usually I'm a person who's rather open to other styles of music, and even when I don't dig something, I'm likely to brush it off as a difference of taste. For example, I don't really enjoy grime, but if you're into it, some of it's great. But makina is just plain terrible. It seems like an entire nation is trapped in the dark ages of the circus era, only with even cheesier melodies and obnoxious sounds (and yeah, I know the kazoo sound is an unfair generalisation based off of a few really crappy makina producers, but a lot of those synths are really obnoxious.) Some of the darker, sped up hardstyle stuff is tolerable, but it always seems to go back to those huge cheesey anthems.

If you can prove me wrong, you will win 8 free internets.

Hardcore & trance inna oldskool style

Alert moderator
Dave Tee
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,109 posts
Posted - 2007/06/21 :  20:44:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dave Tee's homepage
I'm dissapointed in you Pope, surely not another 'makina is shit' thread.... I get tired of sticking up my Spanish amigoes but here I go again lol

Firstly, the circus type music you're on about is shit, I'm not denying that, but for some reason people seem to think that's all there is to makina, the new stuff (and even the majority of the 90's stuff) was nothing like that. As I have said on ush, defing makina by those kazoo tunes is like defining UK hardcore by Vinylgroover's Big Bang or Mixmatt's Hold On To Your Heart, which I'm sure are equally as cringeworthy as the spanish shite.

There is a lot of shit makina tunes released but thats the same with any genre, 90% of releases are shit, the only difference is that the spanish scene is strictly vinyl so while shite songs over here are confined to imodownload (or tune of the year at those gay hardcore awards ), the shit spanish tunes are pressed up and given a full vinyl release anyway.

Anyway, enough chit-chat, here is my evidence in the defence:

http://www.ush.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=205984&highlight=sepi

DJ Sepi on 3 decks playing Makina, bases and 45'd hardstyle. The mixing is amazing and if you tell me that any UK hardcore Dj has played a set as interesting as that in the last 5 years..... well, I just won't believe you

Alert moderator Go to top of page
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,938 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  02:28:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
I havent really heard a lot of Makina besdies that sbthq website, but I love the cheesey stuff, and the loud noises

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  02:39:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I havent really heard a lot of Makina besdies that sbthq website, but I love the cheesey stuff, and the loud noises

I haven't heard much makina either
Anyone got any links or anythin'?

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  03:28:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
i once found a site that linked a few javi tracker sessions but have since lost it. i think its somewhere on the forums. Iv found that i really dont like most of the bouncy cheesy stuff even with harstyle basses, but some of the newskool mixes, if you dont judge it by each individual track itself, but rather the total sound, are really good. particularly the last half of session 20 is very hard and i like. also in one of javi trackers mixes think it was session 4 he did definition of a bad boy which sounded insane with hardstyle overlapping it. soo good.

i really like the use of the sped up eurodance tunes, think it sounds really good

Edited by - Lilley on 2007/06/22 03:31:17
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  04:19:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
i once found a site that linked a few javi tracker sessions but have since lost it. i think its somewhere on the forums. Iv found that i really dont like most of the bouncy cheesy stuff even with harstyle basses, but some of the newskool mixes, if you dont judge it by each individual track itself, but rather the total sound, are really good. particularly the last half of session 20 is very hard and i like. also in one of javi trackers mixes think it was session 4 he did definition of a bad boy which sounded insane with hardstyle overlapping it. soo good. also rekon some of the old skool dutch sounds would go down pretty well in makina sets.

i really like the use of the sped up eurodance tunes, think it sounds really good

EDIT: link i mentioned above seems to be down but this is a mirror http://www.sitonmybass.com/downloads/index.php?dir=Audio/Others%20%26%20Spanish/Javi%20Tracker/&AutoIndex=ed27e994438a2faeccd0996a75ae90cd. should have enough there to keep you occupied for a day or so.

OOPS wrong button

Edited by - Lilley on 2007/06/22 04:27:51
zelachang

United States
466 posts

54 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  04:35:00  Show profile  Send a private message
Don't write off makina because you heard a terrible mix.
I dare you to listen to DJ Nexone's chronicle del makinero mix and say that makina is all crap.

http://djnexone.com/djmixes/chroniclemakinero.mp3

A woman who gives up sex too easily is like non-union labor. Union labor HATE that.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,938 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  04:49:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
Javi Tracker had a full mixture of the cheesey stuff to the more darker stuff. I loved his sets because it was mainly non-stop noise over the female vocals!

Pope C XXIII
Advanced Member

United States
1,935 posts
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  05:09:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Pope C XXIII's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by zelachang:
Don't write off makina because you heard a terrible mix.
I dare you to listen to DJ Nexone's chronicle del makinero mix and say that makina is all crap.

http://djnexone.com/djmixes/chroniclemakinero.mp3

Well, it's not just one terrible mix. At first I thought that there was just one bad mix, but I looked at a decent cross section of all of the mixes on Cliffrave's website and they all sounded just like the first one. I'll check that mix out though.

Hardcore & trance inna oldskool style

chu

United States
42 posts
chu has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  05:12:20  Show profile  Send a private message
Cliffrave is just bad imo.

Da Cunney Bugz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,222 posts

25 hardcore releases
Da Cunney Bugz has attended 9 events
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  11:24:56  Show profile  Send a private message
everyone entitled to there own opinion...

BUT YOUR TALKING SHITE

*I LOVE YOU*

Orbit1

Australia
400 posts
Orbit1 is verified hardcore artist Orbit1 has attended 9 events
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  11:36:47  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Orbit1's homepage
^^^^

That reminds me of a drum and bass tune I heard on radio1 - YOU'RE CHATTING RUBBISH!

Nah, I think a lot of makina is hit and miss, but there is a lot of gold in there too..

eddiewould

New Zealand
375 posts
eddiewould has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  12:13:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit eddiewould's homepage
I love Makina :)

Well at least I think I do -

Pastis & Buenri - I'm Sailing (XQUE Records) - I absolutely f@#$ love this track. Makes me tingle :)

Want it on MP3 but don't think it will happen

DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  19:18:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage
Only a small percent is decent, most is just hard house with awful sped up beats

Orbit1

Australia
400 posts
Orbit1 is verified hardcore artist Orbit1 has attended 9 events
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  20:43:52  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Orbit1's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenJ:
Only a small percent is decent, most is just hard house with awful sped up beats

and weird spanish singing!!

jimbob squarepants

United Kingdom
476 posts

246 hardcore releases
jimbob squarepants has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/06/22 :  21:05:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jimbob squarepants's homepage
one of my best mates buys it.
to mix it,is cool coz its so hectic
but there are some really cool tunes in there i must say.
its not all shit!!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page