Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 What does VIP Mix mean?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/08/09 :  17:44:41  Show profile Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage
Is it something like special edition of a track or remix by a more popular artist? What are VIP Mixes?

Alert moderator
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2012/08/09 :  18:36:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Sure it's something along the lines of 'variance in production' could be wrong tho. I know VIP mixes are done by the person(s) who made the original mix

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/08/09 :  19:50:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Pretty much a track that is slightly tweaked compared to the original by the producer. Usually it's a small difference such as al storm's surrender, but it can be a drastic change such as Darren styles like a bitch. In the case of gammers re-sauce, I hardly notice the difference except the VIP mix has a cleaner crisper sound.

v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2012/08/09 :  21:49:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage
It stands for Variety In Production, a VIP version is like it's remixed, but by the original producer.

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2012/08/09 :  21:54:15  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
it stands for very important person you ****ing morons

v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2012/08/09 :  22:01:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:

Nu-uh!

SpiritWolf
Average Member

United States
237 posts
Posted - 2012/08/09 :  22:03:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SpiritWolf's homepage
Taken from urban dictionary:

VIP:

1) Very Important Person.

2) Variation In Production.

Used in electronic music (such as drum and bass or breakbeat) when a producer remixes their own track. A VIP uses major elements of the original version but differentiates the track as a whole.
1) I'm going to be in the VIP area.

2) "Red Mist VIP" by Danny Byrd is sick! It's perhaps even better than the original.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/08/10 :  03:35:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
if it's a re-mix, I presume that track is suffixed by a remix. I presume VIP mix is "Hi, i got a track you all know here, but I update it alittle, just for you"

or as in Thumpa's case, Very Important Person(s) ;)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2012/08/10 :  07:14:46  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
Back in the vinyl days, a VIP mix was an edit or a a remix with a different hook, usually just for the producer and a few select DJs to play, hence a VIP mix.

Now it means any old shit.

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/08/10 :  08:47:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage
Danny Byrds VIP's are incredible. Red Mist should have been on 12" from the start, but rightly the VIP went on :D

I think he did a Shockout VIp as well didn't he? That was awesome. No one do a VIP like Danny Byrd do.

Variance in Production is probably the more relevant definition, giving that we know that VIP's sound different to the originals, but are still released to everyone. Re-Sauce was out to everyone, DB's were out to everyone. Whoever can't see that is a ****ing moron. ;D

Edited by - Archefluxx on 2012/08/10 08:49:56
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/08/10 :  11:32:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:

Yeah i had just assumed that it was an alternative mix made exclusively for the DJ in question (hence, as you say, being a VIP mix). Would like to know where the other definitions came from.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2012/08/10 11:33:08
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2012/08/11 :  02:29:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Voluntary, Independent and Private?

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/08/11 :  10:03:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage
Thanks, guys =)

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/08/16 :  17:46:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Pretty much a track that is slightly tweaked compared to the original by the producer. Usually it's a small difference such as al storm's surrender, but it can be a drastic change such as Darren styles like a bitch. In the case of gammers re-sauce, I hardly notice the difference except the VIP mix has a cleaner crisper sound.

Actually reminds me of marc smith - gravity (gammeravity mix) when you mention that, i can't tell the difference at all between the original and the gammeravity mix, maybe apart from the beat?

kotu

United Kingdom
401 posts
Posted - 2018/07/16 :  23:03:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kotu's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Sure it's something along the lines of 'variance in production' could be wrong tho. I know VIP mixes are done by the person(s) who made the original mix

nice one scott it means very important person thanks for trying

SephiHakubi
Starting Member

United States
9 posts
SephiHakubi has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/07/20 :  03:48:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SephiHakubi's homepage
Off the top of my head, I'm not sure of the acronym but I imagine it's close to "Variance in Production". I imagine these editions are used while performing live to add exclusive flavor to their sets. For example, if you're a fan of mine, you may have heard my tracks plenty of times; however, fans may want more out of me than what they've already heard, so I stack my set with VIPs and unreleased IDs to provide a new and exclusive experience to my fans.

Sometimes VIPs get released and sometimes they don't. I'd love a copy of Paul van Dyk's VIP of "Aerys" by Heatbeat.

~Sephi Hakubi

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page