of 15

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,076 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  07:03:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-KC:
In my case the physical release has driven me to pursue a pirated copy.

You're not driven to do anything. You choose to obtain the CD by unlawful means ignoring the obvious choices available to you.

choices? there's one one choice and it would cost him to much.

Also, I just heard (and I somehow still dont believe it) but in Sweden spotify makes up 70% of the market.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  09:56:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

You're not driven to do anything. You choose to obtain the CD by unlawful means ignoring the obvious choices available to you.

Bang on! And if he has the Off Yer Nut 2 CD which he loves, how the hell is he listening to it?

Rather than pirate it, accept it is not on a media form you can access and leave it alone, don't steal it. Your post only confirms you as a piece of thieving scum.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  11:17:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Buy it and ask nicely for the download?

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  12:40:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd have ripped it for him if he put up a picture of him holding the CD and a newspaper with his name scrawled on it but since he didn't even ask anybody nicely and went straight for the piracy route he can go poke it.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,076 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  15:42:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
quote:
quote:

Bang on! And if he has the Off Yer Nut 2 CD which he loves, how the hell is he listening to it?

Rather than pirate it, accept it is not on a media form you can access and leave it alone, don't steal it. Your post only confirms you as a piece of thieving scum.

When did he ever say that he never had a CD/DVD-rom drive?

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  15:51:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
+1 for the "I wouldn't be on this forum right now without piracy" crew!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  16:28:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

Also, I just heard (and I somehow still dont believe it) but in Sweden spotify makes up 70% of the market.

This has been discussed so many times though. If you can't afford something then you just can't have it in the same way that if you go into a shop and like something that you can't afford you don't steal it lol. No one owes anyone anything.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  16:41:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Wow, this is fun

As already alluded to we have a plan to "bridge the gap", as it were.

As far as "cost" goes, our entire model is based on attempting to offer up phenomenal relative value versus per-track-digital alternatives and garner enough interest to make the whole thing feasible and sustainable.

It should be increasingly obvious that this is a model that a lot of people industry side are eyeing up adopting and which would bring a HUGE increase in exciting projects involving UK Hardcore past, present and future. It's a watershed opportunity that can actually offer a real win/win/win for everyone.

We're entirely aware that there's work to be done in terms of digital delivery (I like the Amazon model where they rip the CD for you, essentially) and it is being discussed. We're a small outfit and we're juggling a *lot*. Added to which we're talking about further significant investment on the web store, which is something we're definitely going to do but *not* before we have a very fleshed out idea of what we want now and in the future. Bad decisions made in haste will cause infinitely more problems down the road for everyone.

In the meantime, if *you* support these projects we will be able to greenlight, and chase down, some more cool ones.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/01/30 16:43:54
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  17:47:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

If he can't afford a ?6 optical USB drive, then he can't afford the music. Therefore there's not an issue.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  18:13:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
lol, what a thread!
CD2 is droolworthy, and although I haven't heard many of the songs on CD1 and 3 I'm sure they're awesome too
Can't wait to get my hands on this album...just waiting for money to swing my way.
My only complaint about HU is that they decided to make all these stupidly good albums at a time when money is tight in our household ;)

Just had a thought! Maybe I could sell some of these countless methods of reading optical media I have hanging around the place seeing as it appears people seem to be having trouble finding *such* an archaic and rare system! :D

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,076 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  20:54:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
If he can't afford a ?6 optical USB drive, then he can't afford the music. Therefore there's not an issue.

the issue here is that you cant stand losing an arguement, because where the f* can you find a USB drive for only 6 quid? 2nd hand? Well then he can buy the album 2nd hand aswell and then no one gets anything out of it.

And going back to the "topic at hand", supplying a digital download copy with a disc (through an URL obviously) could also be an method.

Edited by - Samination on 2014/01/30 20:58:24
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  21:35:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

the issue here is that you cant stand losing an arguement, because where the f* can you find a USB drive for only 6 quid? 2nd hand? Well then he can buy the album 2nd hand aswell and then no one gets anything out of it.

And going back to the "topic at hand", supplying a digital download copy with a disc (through an URL obviously) could also be an method.

Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-External-Portable-CD-ROM-Drive/dp/B001GRNM6K/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1391117530&sr=1-2&keywords=optical+drive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-External-CD-ROM-Drive-Black/dp/B001GII16K/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1391117530&sr=1-3&keywords=optical+drive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/USB-CD-ROM-DRIVE-BLACK/dp/B00ENHLCTY/ref=sr_1_6?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1391117530&sr=1-6&keywords=optical+drive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/External-Portable-CD-ROM-Optical-Desktop/dp/B00CI3SC5C/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1391117627&sr=1-4&keywords=cd+drive

I've already won this debate. He says he cant get CDs because he doesnt have CD drive, I suggested an obvious solution. Problem solved. Buy a USB CD drive, buy a CD, happy days. If you can't afford it, miss out until you can. Simples!

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  23:06:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
Wow! Thats so cheap it's almost throw-away kit!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/01/30 :  23:11:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Here are some American options for you

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-Super-External-Portable-CD-ROM/dp/B0027C8M8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391123307&sr=8-1&keywords=external+usb+cd+drive

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-External-Combo-CD-RW-Burner/dp/B006DUDWXI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391123380&sr=8-2&keywords=external+usb+cd+drive

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-External-CD-RW-Combo-Writer/dp/B002782LTG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1391123380&sr=8-3&keywords=external+usb+cd+drive

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/01/31 :  00:26:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Wow look at those prices! I am so seduced by these discounts and free US delivery!

And look at this impressive ?20 car stereo! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-CQ-C1021N-CD-Player/dp/B0009VLM0W/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1391127958&sr=1-3&keywords=cd+player+car

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ... 11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.8 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page