Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Buy and sell
 Buying Hulla DVDs.
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/08/01 :  18:35:25  Show profile Send a private message
I have the All Good Things DVD-rom, but I'd love to have One More Group Hug, or anything else that was offered via the HullaStore, which sadly seems to be offline.

I really regret not buying more off of there, but I was super young and unemployed then. All I managed to get was the "All Good Things" DVD-Rom.

Alert moderator
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/08/01 :  18:50:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
I bought a few DJ sets from the Hulla store. The data on the disc has worn out though over time. :(

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/08/01 :  18:55:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Coolgamer's homepage
I mean I know the odds are super low on getting any of the boxsets but I'll take what I can get.

I know there were quality control issues with some of the discs though. I had to get my H2bH 8 mix replaced twice before getting a good copy because whatever dye they used on the CD-r failed.

My goal here is to preserve as much of this as possible since the store seems to be gone and nothing is on Amazon or ebay.

I have no idea how to contact Frolic, but I'm willing to bet he has isos or masters given they were sold via that method.

Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/01/23 :  03:30:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Coolgamer's homepage
Should update, I'm also seeking some of the more obscure stuff like the Frisky cd set given out at Funtopia 7.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2019/01/24 :  00:50:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Coolgamer:
Should update, I'm also seeking some of the more obscure stuff like the Frisky cd set given out at Funtopia 7.

Don't forget about the other side releases Frolic did: This is Hullabaloo Vol. 1 & Vol.2
https://www.discogs.com/Anabolic-Frolic-This-Is-Hullabaloo-Vol-2/release/3938889

And his The Final WEMF release

https://www.discogs.com/Anabolic-Frolic-The-Final-WEMF/release/4850816

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2019/01/24 00:54:49
kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2019/01/24 :  02:12:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage
Slowdown, any one knows how to get the obscure H2BH 8 CD?

Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/01/24 :  04:18:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Coolgamer's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:

Don't forget about the other side releases Frolic did: This is Hullabaloo Vol. 1 & Vol.2
https://www.discogs.com/Anabolic-Frolic-This-Is-Hullabaloo-Vol-2/release/3938889

And his The Final WEMF release

https://www.discogs.com/Anabolic-Frolic-The-Final-WEMF/release/4850816

I have the This is Hullabaloo sets and Happy 2b Hardcore 8, bought them back when the store was open.

Never knew about The Final WEMF though. One more thing to obsess about.

I'm just scared because CDs degrade, and we really need to be preserving this stuff, with tools like EAC, before it vanishes. We've seen entire DJ works be lost due to fire or loss of masters. Stuff on cd, there's no reason not to have insurance.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2019/01/24 :  05:53:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
Slowdown, any one knows how to get the obscure H2BH 8 CD?

A few years ago, he had it for sale (illegally) on his website, which is how I got it (though I didn't know it was an illegal sale at the time). You may could find it on ebay. It wasn't like the other albums in the series; it had old & repeated tracks on it instead of upfront tracks like the other CDs always showcased.

https://www.discogs.com/Anabolic-Frolic-Happy-2b-Hardcore-Chapter-Eight-The-Lost-Mix/release/3935860

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2019/01/24 :  05:55:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:

It was recorded live, and the people are dancing so close to the decks, that some of the tracks skip on the recording; nothing too bad though.

Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/01/24 :  06:09:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Coolgamer's homepage
quote:
quote:

It was recorded live, and the people are dancing so close to the decks, that some of the tracks skip on the recording; nothing too bad though.

You have it then, I take it?

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2019/01/24 :  21:11:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:

You have it then, I take it?

I remember when it came out and there was a sample of a segment of the recording and Frolic had stated there were moments of skipping.

Found it on Soundcloud!
https://soundcloud.com/anabolic-frolic/anabolic-frolic-live-at-wemf2008

Actually, he has a lot of his stuff on soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/anabolic-frolic

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2019/01/24 21:16:05
lewiscanon

United Kingdom
71 posts
Posted - 2019/01/27 :  22:45:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lewiscanon's homepage
I remember seeing Hullabaloo footage oon youtube & it makes me regret not going ti one aff there live gigs but hey we were all young back then. But I did see a dvd oon Amazon,

https://www.amazon.com/Anabolic-Frolic-Rave-Experience/dp/B01EGQMHPY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1548629061&sr=8-2&keywords=Anabolic+Frolic

Not a bad price fir it.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2019/01/30 :  03:37:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
I know Frolic isn't a top brand name, and ya he has done some shady business deals, but he definitely deserves credit for the expanse of Happy Hardcore here in the States & Canada. All these new kids keep flaunting over Darren Styles and Gammer, they have no idea of who Anabolic Frolic was or the Happy2bHardcore series, and you have to admit, those 7 CDs were pretty great! To me, they really were a collection of anthems. The CDs always came out after a year of tracks being played, so they truly were some of the top tracks instead of "Here's a new CD of unplayed tracks, yet they're anthems". The name Anabolic Frolic will always have a special place in my heart.

Coolgamer

United States
95 posts

8 hardcore releases
Posted - 2019/10/04 :  02:42:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Coolgamer's homepage
Bumping this because I managed to import the Hullabalo! Enchanted cd set... and both discs fail attempts at ripping. Which means the only copy I have of them is 192kbps mp3. Yuck.

The data on this sets is on a timer gentlemen, and I'm fighting to preserve what I can. Even if you're not willing to sell, at least contact me so I can give you the tools to preserve them.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
Posted - 2019/10/04 :  03:44:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Bumping this because I managed to import the Hullabalo! Enchanted cd set... and both discs fail attempts at ripping. Which means the only copy I have of them is 192kbps mp3. Yuck.

The data on this sets is on a timer gentlemen, and I'm fighting to preserve what I can. Even if you're not willing to sell, at least contact me so I can give you the tools to preserve them.

I've noticed on Amazon, if you type in 'happy hardcore', it's not bringing up the Happy2bHardcore CDs as top listed items, which means the genre (State side) is not something that's being commonly searched for anymore for CDs/Vinyl category. :( I mean, they're still on there, but now you have to search directly for them.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/10/04 :  04:30:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
could you rip the CDs/DVDs to a ISO or bin/cue format? if so, I might have tools I could use to rip.

If it's a DVD, try using DVD Decrypter. Although it's said that it wont work on Windows 7, 8 or 10, I'm having no problems using it on Windows 10 (Pro). Also, yes, this is a ******* taken from the Pirate's Bay, but it's one I've uploaded myself ages ago.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2019/10/04 04:32:26

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.57 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page