Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Any news from VAGABOND?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Berdansk
Starting Member

Russia
3 posts
Posted - 2017/12/03 :  04:53:24  Show profile Send a private message
Hello. I am big fan of Sam Thomsitt since the Euphoria project and have looking for his releases all the time.

Last label where he worked is Candy Crush whos site is down and there is no releases from may 2016.

Does he still working in UK Hardcore direction?
Does he have any personal page?
Does Candy Crush is ok?

Hardcore god cant just leave!

Alert moderator
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/12/03 :  17:26:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
Asking the real questions.

Such shit that when the hardcore scene degrades so bad; multiple legends just fall off.

Really, we need that NOW!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2017/12/04 :  11:06:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
Not that I know of.

ultraskool
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
ultraskool has attended 50 events
Posted - 2017/12/07 :  11:12:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ultraskool's homepage
If you check in Discogs.com, Sam Thomsitt mostly goes under the aliases of 'Euphoria' and 'VAGABOND'. I remember buying the Next Gen Brisk and Ham CD compilation back in 2005/6 that had lots of tunes by 'Euphoria' such as 'Silver Dawn', 'Second Sight' and 'Drunk with Love', etc that are awesome HHC tracks.

the site is: https://www.discogs.com/artist/686118-Sam-Thomsitt

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/12/07 :  11:50:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
That Discogs page is useless for finding out what he's up to now. Nothing useful on the Candy crush page either.

There's been nothing from him at all this year that I know of.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/12/08 :  15:25:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ultraskool:
If you check in Discogs.com, Sam Thomsitt mostly goes under the aliases of 'Euphoria' and 'VAGABOND'. I remember buying the Next Gen Brisk and Ham CD compilation back in 2005/6 that had lots of tunes by 'Euphoria' such as 'Silver Dawn', 'Second Sight' and 'Drunk with Love', etc that are awesome HHC tracks.

the site is: https://www.discogs.com/artist/686118-Sam-Thomsitt

top notch tracks, he was one of the best

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/12/08 :  21:36:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Don't know what hes up to now or if he still producing hardcore, haven't heard a tune from him in ages! does he not have a facebook account? where you could find out more info

Berdansk
Starting Member

Russia
3 posts
Posted - 2017/12/12 :  11:03:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Berdansk's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
Don't know what hes up to now or if he still producing hardcore, haven't heard a tune from him in ages! does he not have a facebook account? where you could find out more info

You can find his tunes with Dowster until 2016. But nothing later.
He have many good ones (Euphoria like) between 2010-2016.

And im searching for his FB or something too. Maybe dowster have one and we can ask him about Sam?

Edited by - Berdansk on 2017/12/12 11:04:49
Sam Thomsitt
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 posts
Sam Thomsitt is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2018/09/28 :  21:07:23  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Sam Thomsitt's homepage
Hey everyone I?ve only just seen this - many thanks for the kind words and apologies for the late reply!

I have fond memories of all the above tracks and many more...it brings a huge smile to see that people are still enjoying music I wrote back then. The vibe of the music and scene has changed massively since I discovered it over 20 years ago, to such a degree that none of it resonates with me any more.

Change is unavoidable and the hardcore scene is a prime example. It is not for me to say whether this has been for better or for worse...it just doesn?t do it for me like it used to.

Good music comes from the heart. Trying to write the hardcore that is fashionable right now would definitely not be coming from the heart for me, and sadly there isn?t a market for the style of hardcore I used to write.

The most recent venture with Dowster was amazing in every way. If you?ve ever had the pleasure of meeting him you?ll know Dowster to be one of the most genuine, down to earth and giving people around...and very talented in the studio too. As much as we thoroughly enjoyed writing all those tracks, seeing our tunes get to number 2 in the charts of a well known online music store after just 7 sales put the hardcore scene into perspective.

Since the exciting days of vinyl was replaced with MP3 sharing and streaming apps like Spotify, making a living out of writing hardcore without spending every weekend gigging is less likely than winning the lottery. Until we have a government who follow Sillicone Valley?s ideal of a universal living income, writing music that will never make money is less of an option as time goes on. Especially if there is no passion for the current scene present.

It would be interesting to see a discussion of everyone?s honest opinions (not just Vagabond fans) about the music coming out now, the scene and raves currently, and the attitudes of the majority involved. I have been out of touch for a couple of years now so I honestly cannot comment. Feel free to start a new thread and paste a link here...

P.S. Not sure if anyone remembers the trance tracks I wrote under the name Nazareth years ago. I might be open to writing more trance again as there seems to be more room for creativity and intricate production/programming than in modern hardcore. Any thoughts welcome!

Much love,
Sam Thomsitt

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2018/09/28 :  21:21:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage
It is so awesome you are commenting on this site!! Your music was the soundtrack to my mid to late 20s!! I still listen now, the songs were amazing, the production quality was immense!! They all still hold their own magnificently. Thank you for them!

The current music doesn't really do it for me either. In the last 12 months there have been 2 tracks that made me go wow, but both were remixes.

I do think you are wrong about there being no market for the music you used to write. It is probably a good bit smaller though than it used to be. I know 100% that if you made more music in that style I would buy & enjoy it and I am sure many other would as well But I appreciate that you have to make a living, we all do so I get where you are coming from there.

I do buy some upfront stuff from Hardcore Underground but that is more because I want to support the company. Now they are releasing the older stuff though which is great and I feel a bit better about putting the money in to them.

Which leads me into, hows about you release all of your older stuff through them as part of their Anthology series? Not sure about the tangle with them being NextGen/BB etc but I would absolutely love to own it all on a few officially released shiny CDs!!

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/09/29 :  07:36:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Hi Sam, great to see you posting. I was also a massive fan of your tunes back in the NG/BB days. Drunk in love remains one of my all time favourite tunes. I completely understand your position on current hardcore and I think most on this website will agree.

For me, hardcore has lost any identity it ever had and I just dont have the motivation to maintain any interest in the scene bar the occasional visit to this forum. Sadly, too many producers like you have (understandably) moved on and the DJs/producers that remain, with limited exceptions, are making music that doesnt appeal to me in the slightest.

I still have all my old vinyls which contains many of your tracks but I?d definitely be up for buying your back catalogue if something could be done with NG/BB.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2018/09/29 :  17:44:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
bollocks to current trends and what everyones making now, just make music you enjoy whether it sounds like music from 15 years ago or music from now. either way, just make music. please

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/09/30 :  05:53:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
I still have all my old vinyls which contains many of your tracks but I?d definitely be up for buying your back catalogue if something could be done with NG/BB.

Maybe some Imperial Forces stuff too? :D

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2018/09/30 :  15:10:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
big ups VAGABOND!

Echoing everyone here and their opinions lol.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/09/30 :  20:28:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
Great to see you Sam posting here killer tunes as always and remixes.

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2018/10/01 :  12:34:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage
My favourite 00's producer!! Your tracks were the best thing about NG during that decade; the vocal-led tracks with Tess and Kristy, the cheeky bootleg-ish tracks (e.g. Enter Heaven).. man I wish I could get one big album/mix of your tracks :(

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page