Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2019/10/29 :  18:16:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam Thomsitt:
Hey everyone, apologies for the silence!

Too many people have been asking me for new music, so I've been busy in the studio working on a secret oldskool project. I'm very pleased to announce that ALL tracks will be out on vinyl, thanks to the relaunch of the classic oldskool label Return Of The Vibe! The new name I'm going under for oldskool is Zensation, and you can find me on Instagram here:

https://www.instagram.com/zensation_uk/

...with an interview and track previews here:

https://www.dj-jedi.com/zensation-interview/

There is also a pre-historic photo and recording of me playing a live PA in Bournemouth before I became Vagabond...

The first 2 tunes will be out on pre-order 31st October 2019 (link at bottom of interview), so just 2 days away. Expect pianos, breakbeats, stabs and everything else the rave scene in the early to mid nineties was all about...plenty more to come!

Just to say it's been amazing working on some new music and catching up with some of the old crew. Oldskool really is back! If anyone can make it, I'll be doing a PA at Destiny in Bournemouth on December 14th with all the new tunes.

oh **** yea!!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/10/30 :  08:49:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I would've rather see the return of 97-00 styled "oldskool", but that's just me I guess

The Era that was the demise of hardcore ? I'd rather see those years buryed

Good to see Vagabond back, but when you say Old School Sam , you talking about the true old school years ? Or the early old school "hardcore" years aka the breakbeat years.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/10/30 :  15:55:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:
I would've rather see the return of 97-00 styled "oldskool", but that's just me I guess

Good to see Vagabond back, but when you say Old School Sam , you talking about the true old school years ? Or the early old school "hardcore" years aka the breakbeat years.

Yet those years gave Hardcore [Techno] a bigger foothold outside the UK?

I'm just saying, Sam T. can produce what he wants, but I just find the "bring back the oldskool" vibe completely false because it's not like no one stopped producing it, compared to the "black sheep" Happy Hardcore, which if we exclude Eufion latest track and the HHU albums, have barely seen any kind of release since DJ Shimamura churned them out in the mid 00's. Like, the only guys that made the stuff was Jakazid and a few indie labels on IMOdownload. Oldskool has had Kniteforce release stuff every year, and the essence (from what I've understood) still lives on in the d'n'b scene.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2019/10/30 15:58:37
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/10/31 :  08:39:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:

Yet those years gave Hardcore [Techno] a bigger foothold outside the UK?

I'm just saying, Sam T. can produce what he wants, but I just find the "bring back the oldskool" vibe completely false because it's not like no one stopped producing it, compared to the "black sheep" Happy Hardcore, which if we exclude Eufion latest track and the HHU albums, have barely seen any kind of release since DJ Shimamura churned them out in the mid 00's. Like, the only guys that made the stuff was Jakazid and a few indie labels on IMOdownload. Oldskool has had Kniteforce release stuff every year, and the essence (from what I've understood) still lives on in the d'n'b scene.

If those years saw the popularity of hardcore increase outside of the UK, while in the UK Hardcore was literally on it's arse, then I feel sorry for those abroad who heard the shite that was coming out at that time. 2000 onwards produced better stuff and UK Hardcore had it's own sound that was fairly decent until endless ballads and vocal love shit songs came along. Then UK Hardcore , yes it was popular, but the true meaning of Happy Hardcore was dead.

As for the old school thing, I think he's referring to the true old school era, but I am not sure, nothing past 1994 for sure. I know to a lot of people old school refers to the whole 90's but to old fkrs like me, only refers to the late 80's early 90s.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2019/10/31 :  13:29:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
If you ask kids today, 2001-2005 is the real oldskool ;)

Anyways, I've tried to listen to oldskool (the pre-1995 stuff) or similar music since 2002. I still don't like it, with the exception of a few tracks

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2019/10/31 13:30:06
Dy5oN

United Kingdom
53 posts
Posted - 2019/10/31 :  15:00:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dy5oN's homepage  Reply with quote
I'd like some Vagabond/Euphoria tracks and I sure hope I'm not the only one, those hi-octane tracks from the Next Gen label were the best thing about mid-00s hardcore

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2019/10/31 :  19:28:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
15 years since this track and this Bonkers album!!

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2019/10/31 :  19:39:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Ordered, and looking forward to it.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2019/10/31 :  20:15:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Yep, definitely 'proper' old skool sounding.

Great stuff.

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2019/11/01 :  13:50:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Ordered, and looking forward to it.

ditto, the clips are epic!!

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2019/11/01 :  14:27:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
I thought it was everybody in the place at the start ;)

Yeah the stuff I heard has that early vibe to it, lovely pianos, I like what you done here.

I can see a Mr Slipmatt caining this stuff. Would fit right in with what he's up to these days.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2019/11/08 :  09:24:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
pre ordered. those tracks are fire, can't wait for more .

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2019/11/08 :  09:25:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
15 years since this track and this Bonkers album!!

****, that's my exes fav hardcore song :'( .

right in the feels bro.

The shining rays of the midnight moon,
Empowered me to find you soon.
The shining dew of the silver dawn,
Reminds us all that life goes on.

Sam Thomsitt
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 posts
Sam Thomsitt is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2019/12/07 :  14:38:04  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Sam Thomsitt's homepage  Reply with quote
Here ya go...

https://vagabondhardcore.bandcamp.com/releases

Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2020/05/24 :  16:09:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage  Reply with quote
Recently found my way back to Sam's tunes as this song landed in my playlist and the vocal reminds so much of Euphoria - Hold The Rush (the part from 0:48 onwards).

Still remember how I heard Hold The Rush in a set the first time and loved it. Didn't know anyone from the scene so just desperately trying to find the tune by googling "Back on track". Then a few years later my search finally ended when someone on USH ID'ed the track for me. Happy days.

Always been a big fan of your productions Sam. Your remixes added an edge to the tunes and reading your interview on DJ Jedi I'm glad Brisk & Ham let you do your thing on the label back then.

Totally agree the direction of the music has taken is not for me. Hardcore has always been in flux and I always knew the day would come where I couldn't identify with the latest sound anymore. Many jumped ship during the Dubcore / Electrocore time. I couldn't stand it anymore when everything started to sound like Darren Styles' Accelerate remix.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page