Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore Heaven 3 Discussion
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/12/15 :  20:15:07  Show profile Send a private message
While we're all Sharkey'd up, let's not forget that there have been two other major releases this month. Who's got this one? What are you saying? What are the stand out tracks?

For me it's an absolute result to get the F&D remix of 'Let Me In' at last

Other than that, I'm just going through them at the moment so couldn't say more just yet but hoping to get a mix up with all of these, Sharkey & Al Storms new one plus CLSM/Poisecore that I haven't used yet so if you're on the fence maybe I'll per(dis)suade you

Alert moderator
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/12/15 :  21:58:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
fracus & darwin disc has alot of quality tracks !! most of my favorites being from them. definitely keeping it solid with their style. share this love, let me in, look in your eyes, donovans theme. really solid tracks that make me dance hard on the floor ;) dy5on, flakee, daze tracks are really good. "fiyah" is alright, kind of weird. i woulda picked "unomas" :P.

there are those 1 or 2 off tracks that seriously mess with my vibes as far as a mix being a journey I get sucked into, it sucks to be getting lost then come crashing into a track that doesnt really belong in a hardcore mix (imo), but I understand using all elements of the scene... but since disc 2 is almost entirely that kind of stuff anyway, might as well just make the first mix actually 100% vocal hardcore :p. (and i obviously dont expect every track to be seriously vocal, nothing wrong with the entity and darwin track. its good, euphoric hardcore.) It would be nice to listen a mix and not worry about when that track or tracks i really dislike is going to play lol. and not like a mix from years back and it was just a hardcore track im not too keen on, but a track this is really not even the slightest bit hardcore. it belongs on a different mix ( imo).

for me the series is definitely better as a compilation than a mix, which sucks, i reallllly enjoy a solid hardcore mix, but it IS a good compilation. which brings me to the Technikore mix. definitely the most dissapointing track selection for a mix i have ever heard from technikore. could have told me MOB picked the tracks, honestly. do they get to pick, or are they told what to play? it seems like disc 2 consistently features the style of hardcore i dislike, regardless of who is mixing.

i havent even listened to the mixes themselves but judged the tracks individually, but theres no way technikore mix even holds interest for me as a mix, no matter how good the mixing is. which makes me super sad. technikore is easily one of my highest rated dj's for superb mixes, as far as tracklist goes. It feels like technikore expressed near zero things that make technikore, technikore. a bit in shock. the only stand out track for me on disc 2 is " losing myself" and i know damn well MOB had nothing to do with . pure technikore. clouds above and galaxia are alright... def not his top ( imo) . most of disc 2 is really cringe for me.

Al storm projections of a fractured mind though - * pure boner alert*

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - trippnface on 2017/12/15 22:03:15
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/12/15 :  21:59:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Still need to buy all 3 and heard very little in the way of clips to hurry me up.

My order of preference (or likelihood of buying) is probably the opposite of most peoples

Al
HH3
Sharkey

Will get them all eventually, showcase mixes welcome...

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/12/15 :  22:04:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Still need to buy all 3 and heard very little in the way of clips to hurry me up.

My order of preference (or likelihood of buying) is probably the opposite of most peoples

Al
HH3
Sharkey

Will get them all eventually, showcase mixes welcome...

that was my list :P

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,931 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/12/16 :  00:22:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
I wish they would include samples instead of having to hunt down soundcoud clips, with some tracks not even available to hear.

I pre-ordered it, so just waiting.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/12/16 :  08:30:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Podcast next week, clips too. It's a kerayzee order of operation but we had prioritise getting the albums done over promo. This is the antithesis of modern UK Hardcore which typically involves talking a lot and doing little.

CDJay

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/12/16 :  16:52:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
Technikore?s own tracks are disappointing, I don?t know what has happened to him.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/12/16 :  18:07:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Technikore?s own tracks are disappointing, I don?t know what has happened to him.

i feel seriously insulted. he would never degrade trance fans by putting some of this garbage in a Technikal mix. Why are hardcore fans their shitting grounds?

Ok what? technikal is now garbage hardstyle. nevermind lol.

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/12/16 18:09:34
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/12/16 :  18:43:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
I still can't get over how bad the artwork is, I mean it's just really REALLY amature, it's a LITTLE BIT better than the diversions tragedy but I mean just bloody look at it, how could you even call yourself a serious outfit when your putting out cds with artwork that looks like some lunatic has done a one day photoshop course.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/12/16 :  19:15:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
I still can't get over how bad the artwork is, I mean it's just really REALLY amature, it's a LITTLE BIT better than the diversions tragedy but I mean just bloody look at it, how could you even call yourself a serious outfit when your putting out cds with artwork that looks like some lunatic has done a one day photoshop course.

that's been the hardcore heaven logo well before HU was involved lol.

and projections of a fractured mind art is dope. you are so whiny dude

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/12/16 19:29:45
lainnix

United States
58 posts
Posted - 2017/12/16 :  19:17:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lainnix's homepage
Tough crowd.

Honestly I was very disappointed with HH1 overall but loved the first disc of HH2. It surprised me that Scott Brown's mix on that one was so boring. Sounds like HH3 is going to be a mixed bag too... will give it a proper listen soon.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,931 posts
Posted - 2017/12/16 :  19:24:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:

I like it, but blue is also my fav color, so.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,931 posts
Posted - 2017/12/16 :  19:25:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
Still waiting on that Happy Hardcore Underground 2 though.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/12/16 :  19:26:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by lainnix:
Tough crowd.

Honestly I was very disappointed with HH1 overall but loved the first disc of HH2. It surprised me that Scott Brown's mix on that one was so boring. Sounds like HH3 is going to be a mixed bag too... will give it a proper listen soon.

if you liked f & d mix off HH2, you should def like their mix off this one.

disc 2 is cursed. I don't think anybody can ever save it. please keep al storm away @ CDJay :p

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/12/16 19:27:49
Dy5oN

United Kingdom
53 posts
Posted - 2017/12/16 :  20:43:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dy5oN's homepage
Personally I think Technikore's disc is far superior to Scott Brown's HH2 and MOB's HH1 discs. sure, there's a couple of duds (the artists are the usual suspects) on there but I certainly wasn't disappointed by any means.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2017/12/17 :  17:29:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dy5oN:
Personally I think Technikore's disc is far superior to Scott Brown's HH2 and MOB's HH1 discs. sure, there's a couple of duds (the artists are the usual suspects) on there but I certainly wasn't disappointed by any means.

I admit i have very high standards for technikore, but this just feels downright lazy.

off HH1 , " to the flame" and " change" blow anything he even put on HH3 away. I even feel like the remixes from those that should be strong are weak. i notice a few of the elements i dislike are scattered pretty liberaly throughout a good amount of tracks ( i ****ing HATE that new sub par hardstyle sound god damn). If storm didnt put out something 100& epic, id think i was crazy. but no, this is just a pretty weak representation i think..

and no offense to macks wolf and jakka b , but stuff like " islands in the sky" has no place in a hardcore mix. if smoogie gets shit for posting house music. there is no flipping way tracks like that are ok in the hardcore scene. outrageous hypocrisy.

* woops . that track is off disc 1. add " tell em" " holdin on" " nobodoy can stop me" " praise you" . Man. I seriously would have left the room if that was a rave.

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/12/17 17:48:39

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page