Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Well, some twat just leaked the DJ Ham album
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2018/03/19 :  17:16:21  Show profile Send a private message
If someone were to pay 100 pounds for an album, why the **** would you put it out for the world to grab. When the album was first going on i said on here i hope someone would leak it and i cant remember what someone said to me but long story short, i realized it would be pretty messed up if some one were to do it.

https://www.facebook.com/djham/photos/a.10150120272340146.287789.181331095145/10155074951215146/?type=3&theater

Alert moderator
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,183 posts
Posted - 2018/03/19 :  17:50:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
It was inevitable really. There was always going to be some cunt. I would bet on it being someone who didn't buy it first time round, but was given it as a favour or swaps or something.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/03/19 :  18:50:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Not entirely unexpected but still surprising (if that makes sense)

Edited by - djDMS on 2018/03/19 18:55:02
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2018/03/19 :  19:31:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
Surprising it lasted as long as it did but whatever. Only a limited few can legitimately play it and that counts for me

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/03/19 :  20:39:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Absolutely no chance that it was put up by someone who paid 100 for it. Possibly someone who went in a group to buy it, or as has been mentioned above, someone who swapped it or was given as a favour. IIRC it was released in May last year - 10 months ago, so time plays a factor as well.

I split the cost with another 3 people, so 25 quid to get it there and then was worth it. I said at the beginning and despite some of the nonsense posted on here at the time - I absolutely love these tracks, its a great album. Do I care that other people have it for free now?... No, I couldnt give a shit. I do, however, sympathise with anyone who paid the full amount and the exclusivity meant something to them.

Just looking forward to the vibes and hatrixx album now (even though I havent signed up 😉)

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2018/03/19 20:39:43
Alexbturbo

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2018/03/19 :  21:05:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alexbturbo's homepage
I didn't get involved in this in the end so didn't get the tracks and don't intend to hunt them down either now it's been leaked as that's not my thing, but in terms of being leaked by someone who either bought it / obtained it from a friend, etc, the fact it took 10+ months to be leaked isn't bad going really when you consider how quickly music / films, etc, normally get illegally uploaded vs the release date.

I wouldn't have thought posting a pic of the nfo was a good idea though as I'm sure it wouldn't take much for someone to reverse image search and find which site it was posted on and then drive even more traffic to dl it illegally?

I'm somewhat surprised the files weren't uniquely watermarked before being sent to the relevant original backers tbh. That seems to have worked very well with the exclusive limited quantity USB content some of the DNB DJ's / labels have been putting out over the last 2 years. I've bought a couple of those myself and I haven't seen posts online relating to those labels complaining that they've been publicly leaked / released. They seem to have stayed out of public circulation and stayed with those who bought them.

Anyway, i see one of the FB users doesn't seem to understand how Discogs works, as he appears to be saying it's been leaked by one of the only 2 people to contribute info on the discogs page. Muppet. It's obviously going to have been leaked by a third / fourth or even fifth party not one of the backers.

Edited by - Alexbturbo on 2018/03/19 21:21:16
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,064 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/03/19 :  22:11:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Alexbturbo:
I didn't get involved in this in the end so didn't get the tracks and don't intend to hunt them down either now it's been leaked as that's not my thing, but in terms of being leaked by someone who either bought it / obtained it from a friend, etc, the fact it took 10+ months to be leaked isn't bad going really when you consider how quickly music / films, etc, normally get illegally uploaded vs the release date.

I wouldn't have thought posting a pic of the nfo was a good idea though as I'm sure it wouldn't take much for someone to reverse image search and find which site it was posted on and then drive even more traffic to dl it illegally?

I'm somewhat surprised the files weren't uniquely watermarked before being sent to the relevant original backers tbh. That seems to have worked very well with the exclusive limited quantity USB content some of the DNB DJ's / labels have been putting out over the last 2 years. I've bought a couple of those myself and I haven't seen posts online relating to those labels complaining that they've been publicly leaked / released. They seem to have stayed out of public circulation and stayed with those who bought them.

Anyway, i see one of the FB users doesn't seem to understand how Discogs works, as he appears to be saying it's been leaked by one of the only 2 people to contribute info on the discogs page. Muppet. It's obviously going to have been leaked by a third / fourth or even fifth party not one of the backers.

How do we know that they're really watermarked, and just a hoax to get people not to share them? Anyways, if the music is watermarked in a way that it ruins the experience of playing the tracks out, then it's just beats the point of selling this kind of stuff to DJs

The information in the NFO is also (almost all of it) taken directly from my comment on the Discogs entry

Also, how can you make a reverse image search on a screenshot that was originally shared on FB? :) Also, some idiot on the ush thread already mentioned exactly where it's taken from (which is all text, so no reverse image search would've find that)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2018/03/19 22:21:11
DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/20 :  07:38:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
?100.00 for a album this might be some desperate twat.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2018/03/20 :  08:32:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
Ham probably leaked it himself and is now advertising that it's been leaked on Facebook, if he didn't want everyone to know it had been leaked he wouldn't have publicly announced it.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/03/20 :  08:56:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
I?m not interested in the tracks but I?m glad they have been leaked. Hopefully this discourages anyone else from this kind of release.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/20 :  09:52:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
Love how Ham is ripping into the moron.

lainnix

United States
58 posts
Posted - 2018/03/20 :  16:12:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lainnix's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I'm not interested in the tracks but I?m glad they have been leaked. Hopefully this discourages anyone else from this kind of release.

This 100%.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/03/20 :  16:44:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
I?m not sure why it would discourage anyone? Ham got his 10 grand so the model was proven to work, from an artists perspective at least.

Perhaps people will think twice about signing up to this type of project in future, but I think most people with half a brain cell know the likelihood of the ?exclusive? tracks ending up in the public domain at some point.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/03/20 :  17:41:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I?m not interested in the tracks but I?m glad they have been leaked. Hopefully this discourages anyone else from this kind of release.

I agree and disagree.

I disagree, because without ideas like this, we might have never heard Vibes or Hattrixx ( or ham) bust out some old skool classics. It seems like the time factor is not worth the return factor ( in terms generally releasing this stuff) , Ham had the same claim.

Granted, Ham probably did def lose out on more money writing that album than playing as Hamiliton out, so in those terms, we should be thankful.

We all want these guys to bust out more toons we love, but if they just dont have the time/ money factor/ motivation, I don't blame them for not spending so much time re making a super niche genre.

At the same time though, I think a general rebirth in this style is a good idea and would make atleast as much money as current hardcore releases.

Kniteforce appears to be doing extremely well.

Edited by - trippnface on 2018/03/20 19:01:12
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2018/03/20 :  17:47:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
I don't think knightforce is doing that well, Luna c said recently his sub broke and it was going to be a long time before he could afford another one.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2018/03/20 :  19:24:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
I don't think knightforce is doing that well, Luna c said recently his sub broke and it was going to be a long time before he could afford another one.

Are you serious? lmao.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page