Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Has DJ Unknown retired?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2018/03/27 :  06:04:12  Show profile Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
I must be out of the loop but has he retired for good or?

Alert moderator
DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/27 :  06:37:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
I haven?t heard anything about him calling it a day.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/03/27 :  07:07:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
He wasn?t much good without Sy anyhow.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/27 :  07:18:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
He did one song where he performed the vocals called Promised Land on the Hardcore Heaven 2 CD his own mix.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/03/27 :  12:55:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
It is unknown if Unknown retired as not much is known about him as he is unknown

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2018/03/27 :  15:51:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

yeah. that was basically him retiring lol

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2018/03/27 :  17:19:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

yeah. that was basically him retiring lol

Then he made that really dreary album called I?m alive. It?s what I?d like to think hardcore would sound like if emo?s made it.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/03/27 :  17:56:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
I remember when the shitstorm with Sy calmed down, Unknown set up his own label and was getting a big push from others in the scene. If I remember right, he was involved in the huge remix of concrete angel and it was also released on his label. He was given the kick off set at HTID in the sun (although had to pull out) and was generally hot property for a while.

Sadly, he was shown to be a very average producer without Sy and before long he seemed to fade into obscurity. I havent heard anything from him in a while so I guess he is devoting his time to other things. He always seemed a genuinely nice guy so I wish him all the best.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/27 :  17:58:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
His best remix to date Hardcore Euphoria.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/03/27 :  19:32:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:
He did one song where he performed the vocals called Promised Land on the Hardcore Heaven 2 CD his own mix.

Unknown never mixed a hardcore heaven album, well he mixed hardcore heaven 4 (original series) b2b sy, but that's it

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/27 :  19:54:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:
Originally posted by DJIntensity:

Unknown never mixed a hardcore heaven album, well he mixed hardcore heaven 4 (original series) b2b sy, but that's it

Yes you?re right mate it was SY who mixed the Hardcore Heaven not Unknown got a bit mixed up.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2018/03/28 :  20:48:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
I remember when the shitstorm with Sy calmed down, Unknown set up his own label and was getting a big push from others in the scene. If I remember right, he was involved in the huge remix of concrete angel and it was also released on his label. He was given the kick off set at HTID in the sun (although had to pull out) and was generally hot property for a while.

Sadly, he was shown to be a very average producer without Sy and before long he seemed to fade into obscurity. I havent heard anything from him in a while so I guess he is devoting his time to other things. He always seemed a genuinely nice guy so I wish him all the best.

Don't forget that when the shitstorm with Sy calmed down, for whatever reason Unknown took it upon himself to revive that mess and publicly sided against Sy. Don't understand why out of nowhere he did that.

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/29 :  06:22:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
It is unknown if Unknown retired as not much is known about him as he is unknown

LOL well going by his name or he could turn out to be like Gammer.

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2018/03/29 :  21:34:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

Don't forget that when the shitstorm with Sy calmed down, for whatever reason Unknown took it upon himself to revive that mess and publicly sided against Sy. Don't understand why out of nowhere he did that.

This 100%, I was commenting on someone's status on Facebook a few weeks back, forgot who's now, but yeah, this subject was what was being talked about and I said the exact same thing, just when it had all seemingly blown over he popped up and stuck the boot in, for absolutely no reason at all that makes any sense, why leave it about a year before piping up when there was every opportunity to have a say back theb, because let's face it, every other f--ker was getting their 2 pence worth in at the time, doesn't make sense.

Edited by - MC Deecee on 2018/03/29 21:39:43
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,070 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/03/30 :  08:04:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
or like some of us said back then. He was probably told "Either you're in, or you're out". And he selected to be a sell-out

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/03/30 :  21:19:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
That spells the end for Quash Records where he had his best tunes.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page