Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Web site suggestions & site problems
 Moved: Radio show
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DjCirrus

United States
61 posts
Posted - 2018/10/09 :  21:37:19  Show profile Send a private message
Why aren't the radio shows showing live mixes anymore?

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2018/10/13 :  10:06:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
We run quite a few streams and bit rates, it's not like one DJ can press a button and they go live, it always required an admin person to put the DJ live. While there were people helping along the way, Envias, Jimo, Milo, Bluecore, and many more but ultimately I used to be that person for the last 18 years.

When we broke off from DI in 2011 (I think) it took us 2-3 years to reclaim the top hardcore station position again, mainly because people had no idea we left (DI wasn't going to promote the fact) and loyalty. 99% of our listeners and just that, listeners, they tune in and that is it. They don't post on the site, they don't complain, they don't enter the chat.

I love the shows, don't get me wrong, but I needed drop something with everything going on in my life. I still try to run the station as professionally as possible and I know I have pissed off so many server hosting companies because I will jump on them the second a server starts buffering or goes down... but it's a passion I love, we were one of the first 60 shoutcast stations in the world (I jumped on the tech the first day it was released), even before DI we were streaming. At our peak, we were pushing 1000 simultaneous listeners daily, had AOL free Ultravox clusters, and we in the top 10 shoutcast stations in the world, pushing something like 3 million listening hours a month. Now with spotify, youtube and everything else out there there are many choices for music and those days have gone.

We still have some regular shows, Ramen Break, UK Hardcore Show, Viperstar's show (he keeps changing the name), we just haven't posted the the timetables. If you want to catch them the best is to point the fan pages on facebook and the DJ's will promote the show.

With that said, we are focusing on rotating content, adding mixes, and promoting the DJ's. Just ask any DJ that plays on our station and they all tell you that they picked up fans / follows / emails on their soundclouds and fan pages with people saying they heard them on our radio. This is has always been my goal with the site. Promote the music, artists, and DJ's, so hearing those things from the DJ's is really great.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DjCirrus

United States
61 posts
Posted - 2018/10/13 :  20:22:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjCirrus's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
We run quite a few streams and bit rates, it's not like one DJ can press a button and they go live, it always required an admin person to put the DJ live. While there were people helping along the way, Envias, Jimo, Milo, Bluecore, and many more but ultimately I used to be that person for the last 18 years.

When we broke off from DI in 2011 (I think) it took us 2-3 years to reclaim the top hardcore station position again, mainly because people had no idea we left (DI wasn't going to promote the fact) and loyalty. 99% of our listeners and just that, listeners, they tune in and that is it. They don't post on the site, they don't complain, they don't enter the chat.

I love the shows, don't get me wrong, but I needed drop something with everything going on in my life. I still try to run the station as professionally as possible and I know I have pissed off so many server hosting companies because I will jump on them the second a server starts buffering or goes down... but it's a passion I love, we were one of the first 60 shoutcast stations in the world (I jumped on the tech the first day it was released), even before DI we were streaming. At our peak, we were pushing 1000 simultaneous listeners daily, had AOL free Ultravox clusters, and we in the top 10 shoutcast stations in the world, pushing something like 3 million listening hours a month. Now with spotify, youtube and everything else out there there are many choices for music and those days have gone.

We still have some regular shows, Ramen Break, UK Hardcore Show, Viperstar's show (he keeps changing the name), we just haven't posted the the timetables. If you want to catch them the best is to point the fan pages on facebook and the DJ's will promote the show.

With that said, we are focusing on rotating content, adding mixes, and promoting the DJ's. Just ask any DJ that plays on our station and they all tell you that they picked up fans / follows / emails on their soundclouds and fan pages with people saying they heard them on our radio. This is has always been my goal with the site. Promote the music, artists, and DJ's, so hearing those things from the DJ's is really great.

That's sad to hear but I understand. I'm just fine with the recorded mixes. I was just asking why cause i miss the Aussie and Seattle hardcore show. It actually inspired me to start putting up a site in the future call "Minnesota Hardcore" featuring all of the latest and old school hardcore tunes from 90's, to essential platinum, and up to the present. I'm doing it to support the hardcore scene (and also try to get the hype back up around the world even though I probably wont succeed) across the state of Minnesota in the US cause NOBODY know what happy hardcore is!!!!!!!!!! Hell even Kutski and Darren Styles came to Minneapolis and nobody gives a shit in the EDM scene in Minnesota! But yeah when I get the XDJ-RX2, I will deferentially upload. Thanks for the info man!!! For real...
P.S. DjCotts is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2018/10/14 :  03:28:40  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Uploading tunes isn't supporting the hardcore scene it just makes artists leave. Promote events, DJ's, mixes etc.

More people at events or people telling promoters which DJ's they want to see and hear (or they wont come to the event) is going to push the music.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page